Seeing a baby smile when being pushed around in a grocery cart in a supermarket can melt anyone’s heart. But while taking your baby on a shopping spree can be an exciting experience, you need to carry the best baby shopping cart covers.
Babies, in all their gorgeous glory, are delicate beings. And as they can be extremely fidgety, the sharp corners of a shopping cart could injure them, and germs on the cart could make them ill. So, the next time you consider putting your active child in a shopping cart, remember to put a shopping cart cover on first.
The right cart cover can keep your baby safe and secure and allow them to enjoy the market in comfort. For your convenience, we’ve curated a list of the top baby shopping cart covers. Take a look at their features and choose the one that is ideal for you and your baby.
13 Best Baby Shopping Cart Covers
Considered as one of the best baby shopping cart seat covers, this two-in-one delight doubles as a high chair cover. Designed to fit Costco, Target, and Walmart carts, among other store carts, it features a plush cushion seat and a seat belt to keep your baby safe. It is ideal for your baby’s sensitive skin, as it is made of premium organic cotton. The washable shopping cart cover includes a vinyl cover slot to place your mobile phone as well, which is a nice feature.
- Storage pouches in the cover
- Attached teether toy
- BPA- and phthalate-free
- Latex- and lead-free
- Some may find it time-consuming to fold it back after use.
2. Best Unisex Design:Suessie 2-in-1 High Chair Cover And Shopping Cart Cover
Whether you’re taking your baby out for your weekly grocery run or enjoying a meal in a restaurant, this tried-and-tested shopping cart cum high chair cover is a must for your baby. Made to fit all shopping carts and restaurant-style high chairs, these stylish shopping cart covers feature an elastic band and Velcro for easy installation. It has a see-through pocket for your cell phone so that you can keep your child engaged and entertained.
- Unisex design
- Universal fit
- Comes with a teether
- Includes two loops to attach toys
- Includes two small pockets
- Attractive cart cover available in different prints
- Some may feel that the seat-area is not well-padded.
If you struggle to fold back your baby’s shopping cart cover to its original state, or can’t be bothered to do it each time, you should check this one out. The adjustable shopping cart cover features a patented design that allows you to roll it into a small pouch and saves you time and effort. It comes with a clear self-adhesive pocket to place your cell phone and includes a sippy cup strap and two toy loops, which is a nice feature that helps keep your baby occupied. It also has adhesive wraps between leg holes that secure the cover to the cart.
- Adjustable safety harness
- Hook-and-loop fastener on the sides
- Elastic band on the front
- Easy installation
- Some may find it slightly small.
Keep your baby’s little bottom more than comfortable with a little help from this shopping cart and high-chair cover featuring a thick, plush seat. The portable shopping cart cover comes with leg openings to keep your baby comfortable. You can use the two loops placed on the front to hang your baby’s favorite toys. Assembly is easy as pie as it has practical features like individual straps for the baby and the seat. The seat belt ensures that your baby is secure on the seat.
- Built-in pouch
- Machine-washable cover
- The material may feel slightly slippery.
5. Best Universal Fit: Itzy Ritzy Shopping Cart And High Chair Cover
Keep germs away from your little one while shopping or eating at restaurants with the Itzy Ritzy shopping cart and high chair cover. Made of soft, comfortable, and durable fabric, the padded shopping cart cover provides a clean and safe seating option for your little one while out and about. The universal shopping cart cover is compatible with most standard shopping and warehouse carts and high restaurant chairs. It has a cute design with a gray chevron pattern that adds a touch of style to your shopping cart or high chair.
- Includes four toy loops and two extra belts for safety
- Attractive cart cover has a reversible design
- Features two pockets to store essentials
- Made of 100% cotton
- Leg holes might be a bit small
- Storage can be cumbersome
Whether you’re making your baby sit on a high chair in a restaurant that serves your favorite apple pie or the cart in the mart that you stock your baby’s diapers from, a cover such as this one is necessary. It offers 360° coverage and is made with a patented SlideLine design that helps you attach your baby’s favorite toys, pacifiers, and other such accessories. It has practical features like a two-point safety-strap system to keep your baby from moving and falling out of the cart or a high chair, making it a safe and trusted choice for parents.
- Crinkle toys and ribbons included
- Soft seat with extra padding for additional comfort
- Includes a bottle compartment
- Folds into a travel pouch
- Easy to wipe stains
- There are no Velcro straps or buckles to secure the sides of the seat cover to the cart.
7. Best With Toy Tabs: Leachco Prop ‘R Shopper Shopping Cart Cover
Protect your little one from dirty, sticky shopping carts with the Prop ‘R Shopper shopping cart cover. It is made of soft, quilted fabric and has two adjustable side bolsters to ensure maximum comfort. The toy tabs help keep the baby’s teethers and toys within the baby’s reach while you shop. Its adjustable safety belt keeps the baby secured, and the inbuilt storage pouch holds all your shopping essentials. Moreover, being machine-washable makes this a hygienic shopping cart cover.
- Fits most standard shopping carts and high restaurant chairs
- Generously sized to cover seat and shopping cart handle
- Vibrant, colorful design
- Portable and comes with a carrying handle
- May not be padded sufficiently
- Straps might be difficult to adjust
This trusted shopping cart and high chair cover provides unparalleled stability without the need for straps or ties. Built with a universal locking mechanism, the easy-to-use shopping cart cover effortlessly attaches to a cart or high chair. Although it is quite compact, the stretch-to-fit fabric offers complete coverage. To make things easier, the reusable shopping cart cover rolls up into a neat carrying case and is machine-washable too.
- Comes with toy loops
- Integrated cell phone pouch
- Stretchy material
- Cushioned support
- The seat comes with buckle-strap
- It may be heavier than expected.
9. Best Stain-Resistant: Binxy Baby 2-in-1 Cushy High Chair And Shopping Cart Cover
This two-in-one high chair cover and shopping cart cover by Binxy Baby helps create a barrier between the cart and your baby, protecting them from nasties. Made of brushed fabric, the multi-functional shopping cart cover is soft and comfy and can be used for covering high chairs, shopping carts, and restaurant booster seats. The protective shopping cart cover also has a see-through pocket for your phone and two toy rings to keep your baby engaged while you shop.
- Cushioned for additional comfort and support
- Compact design for easy storage and transportation
- Durable fabric
- Safety-tested product compliant with CPSIA
- May not fit all high chair and shopping cart models
- May not have a shoulder harness
10. Best Skin-Friendly: Pillani Shopping Cart Cover
Make shopping with your child a breeze and worry-free with this versatile seat cover by Pillani. Its soft, breathable, and skin-safe polyester cover with thick cotton-filling fabric makes it a baby-friendly option to help them sit comfortably. The shopping cart seat cover for babies is trusted by moms and dads as it features cushioned anti-slip suede fabric sides and a sturdy cushioned bottom to secure your baby in place. Furthermore, you can store your baby’s essentials conveniently, as it comes with multiple pockets and compartments.
- Offers 360-degree protection
- Safety belt harness and buckle to secure the cover
- Adjustable straps for a secure fit
- Fits most standard shopping carts and high chairs
- Compact and portable
- Easy to install
- Might rip after frequent folding
- Straps might be a bit tight for the baby
11. Best Lightweight: Lulyboo Baby Shopping And Grocery Cart And Highchair Cover
Known for its proven performance, the Lulyboo baby shopping and grocery cart cover features a built-in highchair function to help you experience hassle-free shopping with your child. It easily converts from a shopping cart cover to a highchair cover as per your preference. The toddler shopping cart cover also features a smart device window and baby-friendly features such as toy loops to keep your child busy while you run errands and includes a removable tray with a cup holder. The adjustable safety strap ensures your baby stays securely in place, and the soft and padded seat provides maximum comfort.
- Detachable shoulder strap
- Large back zippered pocket
- Folds into a bag
- Loops for attaching toys
- Ultra-soft padding
- Smart device pocket may be small
12. Best Secure:Ashtonbee 2-in-1 Grocery Cart Seat Cover
Shopping with your little one can be an enjoyable and stress-free experience with this infant shopping cart seat cover. It comes with a strap and a buckle on the back to fasten it to the cart and also features separate waist and shoulder straps for maximum security for your baby. Made of soft polyester, the mom-approved 2-in-1 cart cover comes with a plush cushioning and an adjustable seat belt.
- Integrated pouch with zipper
- Folds into a tote-like bag
- Toy loops
- Smartphone pocket
- Suitable for high chairs
- It may not fit larger than average carts.
An incredibly comfortable cart seat cover, this one will make both you and your baby tremendously happy. It is designed to fit most carts and high chairs and comes with a removable soft cushion to keep your baby comfortable. When you’re not using it, it folds into a self-contained carry pouch for easy storage. The foldable shopping cart cover is also equipped with clip-in buckles, Velcro straps, and a seat belt to keep your baby safe.
- Smartphone pocket
- Toy loops
- Strap for a sippy cup
- Velcro bottle leash
- Safe for machine-wash
- Some may find it too bulky.
All of us have different shopping styles, but when it comes to keeping our baby safe from germs and letting them have a great shopping experience, our thoughts are one and the same. Read on to learn more about what you should ideally look for in shopping cart covers for babies.
How To Choose The Right Shopping Cart Covers?
All of us have different shopping styles, but when it comes to keeping our child safe from germs and letting them have a great shopping experience, our thoughts are one and the same. Read on to learn more about what you should ideally look for in shopping cart covers for babies.
- Materials: It’s no secret that babies are sensitive beings, and their skin even more so. Rough and thick materials could easily cause rashes or other skin irritations. Therefore, it is important to pick one made of breathable and soft fabric, such as cotton material or silk. It feels light to the touch and is incredibly comfortable for your baby.
- Washable: After every trip to the mall, a department store, or a restaurant, it is wise to wash the seat cover as it may have accumulated many germs and other impurities that are not visible to the naked eye. Having a machine-washable cover can help save a lot of time. However, to increase the cover’s longevity, it is wise to hand wash it with a mild detergent formulated for babies.
- Comfort: Another important factor that you should consider is the comfort the cover offers. Does the seat come with well-cut out holes for the legs? Is the seat-area well-padded? Does the back offer some cushioning? Does it rub your baby’s skin in a rash-inducing way? These are some of the questions you should ask yourself before figuring out if it will be a comfortable shopping cart seat cover for your baby.
- Straps and buckles: Babies are squirmy creatures. They are restless and move around a lot. This is why it is crucial to look for a seat cover that comes with an adjustable seat belt that keeps your baby secure. The seat cover itself should come with buckle straps on either side to fasten it to the seat and Velcro straps to fasten it to the base of the cart.
Rachel Nelson, a child-care and sewing expert, says, “When searching for a shopping cart cover, it’s important to consider how you will dry it. Some covers can be easily dried on the lower settings of your dryer, while others may have special drying instructions or can only be air dried. By taking this into account, you can ensure proper maintenance and increase the longevity of your baby’s shopping cart cover.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna is an experienced writer who covers pregnancy, nursing, and baby products that make parenting easier. She has compiled this list of the best baby shopping cart covers after carrying out extensive research and reading several reviews based on testers’ experiences. From compiling the best products available in the market to educating the readers about how to buy one, she provides detailed information for your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do babies need shopping cart covers?
A shopping cart cover might be necessary for someone who frequents shopping along with their baby. These covers cushion your baby and are safe, preventing contact with germs on the cart.
2. When can babies sit in shopping carts?
Babies can be seated in shopping carts when they are able to sit by themselves and don’t require any back or neck support. However, never leave your baby unattended in a shopping cart. Babies gain the ability to sit on their own by six to eight months.
3. Can I use a nursing cover as a shopping cart cover?
Multi-use nursing covers can be used to cover the shopping cart. However, they do not cushion your baby from the sharp edges of the shopping cart like covers do.
Your kids may enjoy a visit to the supermarket, especially when they are being pushed around in the trolley. The best baby shopping cart covers may help keep them safe and comfortable from sharp edges and germs. The options mentioned above are of premium quality. When selecting one, ensure it is BPA-free and has a unisex design like the Suessie 2-in-1 Shopping Cart And High Chair Cover. You can also opt for machine washable ones, such as the Lumiere Shopping Cart Cover For Baby, or ones with toys, like the Boppy Shopping Cart And High Chair Cover. Also, check if it has a universal fit, as you might want the shopping cart cover to last long until your young one is fully grown.