- 15 best strollers of 2021
- When can you place the baby in a stroller?
- How to choose a baby stroller?
- Tips for baby stroller usage
With a baby stroller, taking your baby out becomes more convenient. But not all strollers are made alike, so it is important to select one that suits your personal preferences and the baby’s requirements.
In this MomJunction post, we list the 15 best baby strollers. But first, we start with the basics.
15 Best Strollers Of 2021
- The stroller is equipped with three wheels, each with a sturdy spoke wheel and air-filled tires. The wheels have a good grip to prevent the stroller from tilting and falling when you are jogging.
- You can lock the front wheel when you just want to stroll. The back wheels do all the maneuvering in such case.
- The stroller can be folded with one hand and in one single fold.
- Multi-position recline for the comfort of the baby. Seat depth is 14in (35.5cm).
- Works with select Graco-branded car seats sold separately, which means you can fit the car seat straight into the stroller without having to move out the baby.
- There is an extra large storage basket at the bottom of the stroller to hold a medium-sized diaper bag.
- Also has a plastic tray to hold cups and mobile phone. The stroller supports a maximum weight of 50lb (22.6kg).
Verdict: The best baby stroller for jogging. The sturdy wheels and their full range of motion
allow you to move the stroller faster than the others, but without jeopardizing the baby’s safety.
- Super compact and light with a weight of 7.2lb (3.2kg).
- The stroller folds straight with a handle that lets you hold it like you would an umbrella.
- Three-point harness in the stroller chair for the baby’s safety.
- The stroller handles are extra long, which makes it easier for taller parents to push the stroller.
- It comes with a storage basket underneath to hold small items.
- The stroller can hold a maximum weight of 40lb (18.1kg).
Verdict: The best stroller for long road trips since it is lightweight and compact.
- There are two stroller seats in this one, making it perfect for two kids or twins.
- The stroller seats can be adjusted to a variety of positions. You can also remove one seat and let a toddler stand at the back, close to the handles.
- 27 ways to carry the kids in the stroller.
- You can recline both stroller seats at the same time. Each seat has a weight limit of 50lb (22.6 kg).
- Extra two wheels at the back of the stroller help in maneuverability. One-hand fold makes folding and storing the stroller easy.
- Other features include five cup holders, a pedal brake for an emergency stop, and lockable front wheels to prevent the stroller from moving forward on an incline.
Verdict: The best stroller for twins. Its capacity and seating options make it ideal for parents who have to take two children at once.
- A combination of a bassinet and a stroller. It exudes style with its golden accents and chocolate brown lycra canopy.
- Designed for children aged 36 months or less. Babies up to six months old can lie in the bassinet. Children from 7-36 months can sit when you change the bassinet into a seat.
- The frame is made of aluminum alloy, with a triangular design for rigidity.
- The front wheels have anti-shock springs that absorb bumps and undulations of the road.
- Accessories include food tray, cup holder, baby seat cushion, and mosquito net among others. The baby’s handrail is detachable and replaced with a food tray.
Verdict: The best baby stroller for use in the city. This stylish stroller with shock-absorbers lets you maneuver it through various terrains in an urban environment.
- The stroller comes with a separate bassinet seat that you can install in place of the stroller seat.
- The baby seat and bassinet have their own canopy for convenience.
- The seat and bassinet have comfortable padding that allows for comfort and ventilation for the child.
- The stroller also comes with a rain and bug shield.
- Can be folded with one hand.
- The handlebar is tall, adjustable, and textured for a firm grip.
- The stroller supports a maximum weight of 50lb (22.6kg).
Verdict: It is the best versatile baby stroller with a separate bassinet and interchangeable seat.
- The compact and narrow design makes it ideal for moving your baby through supermarket aisles.
- A handrail at the front that older infants and toddlers can hold on to.
- The backrest is adjustable to let the baby recline.
- The canopy extends forward with an extra flap, which contains UV protection up to SPF 50.
- The front wheels are lockable. Parents get access to a rear pedal-operated brake that lets you stop the stroller in emergencies.
- Wheels are equipped with ball-bearings that allow for 360-degree maneuverability.
- Stroller designed for a maximum weight of 50lb (22.6kg).
Verdict: The best baby umbrella stroller. The extra flap on the canopy not just protects from rains, but also shields the baby from the UV rays of the sun.
- The stroller becomes compact with a single fold so that you can carry and store it easily.
- The highlight of the stroller is the large canopy with ears shaped like the ears of Mickey Mouse.
- The canopy can be folded back when you don’t need it.
- There is a three-point harness that allows you to keep the child in place securely.
- Large storage basket at the bottom of the stroller allows you to carry a small diaper bag.
- The stroller supports a maximum weight of 40lb (18.1kg).
Verdict: The best stroller for children, with enough appeal to entice a child and make them excited about outdoors.
- It is the world’s smallest folding stroller. It is so compact that you can carry it in a medium-sized bag.
- The stroller weighs just 9.5lb (4.3kg). It can easily fit into the overhead compartment of an airplane.
- Despite the compact design, the stroller has adequate padding on the baby seat and also features a five-point harness for safety.
- The stroller seat is made from high-quality materials and can bear a maximum weight of 55lb (24.9kg).
- It comes with a small basket at the bottom, with a maximum capacity of 11lb (4.9kg).
Verdict: The best baby stroller for travel. It is light in weight and works best for long-distance travel by air.
- If you have twins and you need to go for a jog with them, then this is the stroller for you.
- Each seat is adequately padded for comfort and has a five-point harness for safety.
- Each seat has a cup holder and a plastic panel at the front that acts as a footrest for older infants and toddlers.
- The sturdy spoke-wheels with rubber tires allow the stroller to stay grounded when you’re running.
- The seats can be positioned to face forward or backward to face the parent.
- A parent tray near the handlebar contains two cup holders and a closed compartment to hold items. A large storage basket is attached at the base of the stroller seats.
- The parent tray also contains small speakers that connect to your phone or MP3 player.
- Each seat can hold a maximum weight of 55lb (24.9kg).
Verdict: The best double stroller for jogging. You need not push two strollers or miss jogging with your babies.
- The stroller seat ships with an infant car seat that fits snugly into the stroller.
- The stroller frame is made of aluminum that makes the stroller lightweight yet strong.
- The three-wheel base allows for easy maneuverability even in tight spaces.
- A large basket at the bottom of the stroller to hold a diaper bag. The stroller also features two cup holders at the front.
- Fix the car seat into the stroller in one step. The stroller canopy covers the stroller seat as well as the car seat to protect the baby from rains.
- Five-point harness. The seat also ships with an infant insert, which is a contoured cushion that lets you secure the baby and prevents wobbling.
- A bubble-level indicator lets you adjust the stroller to the right level on uneven surfaces.
- Stroller weight limit is from 4 to 30lb (1.8-13.6kg). The infant insert weight limit is from 4 to 11lb (1.8-4.9kg).
Verdict: The best baby travel system stroller. If you are out shopping for a stroller that meets your travel needs, such as car-seat compatibility and lightweight, consider this stroller.
- The stroller seat is easily reversible: just a few steps and you can turn the seat from the front to the back with ease.
- One-step recline with a pull of a latch located at the back of the seat.
- You can lock the swivel function of the front wheels. Pedal brake at the back helps in emergencies and allows to keep the stroller stationary on an inclined surface.
- The stroller seat is removable and can be replaced with a compatible car seat to the frame.
- Height adjustable handlebar and storage under the seat to carry the baby’s toys and a small diaper bag.
- The product ships with a free rain-protection cover for the stroller.
- Adjustable canopy and seat with a maximum weight recommendation of 37.5lb (17kg).
Verdict: The best versatile baby stroller with a design that allows you to replace the stroller seat with a car seat with ease.
- Three sturdy tires attached to a frame that sits on an adjustable shock-absorbent suspension, similar to that found in mountain bikes.
- The front wheel can be adjusted for better grip when you are jogging and maneuvering on rough surfaces.
- The handlebar can be adjusted in nine ways. The stroller also has a wristband that parents can hold on to, to prevent it from slipping away while they run.
- The rear wheels come with two brakes: the pedal brake to keep the stroller stationary, and the lever-operated brake on the handlebar to slow down the stroller when going downhill.
- Two-step easy fold option for convenient storage. Multiple reclining positions and a small window at the top of the backrest to check on the child inside.
- The stroller seat can hold a maximum weight of 75lb (34kg).
Verdict: The best multi-terrain stroller. You can take the stroller anywhere beyond the urban sidewalk. You can take it on nature trails and hikes without worrying about the stroller suspension.
- Seating made of sophisticated soft-touch fabrics that look as fashionable as they are utilitarian. You can choose from several fabric designs and colors.
- The stroller comes with a bassinet that can replace the main stroller seat.
- The stroller frame can accommodate the seat and bassinet at the same time. You can place the bassinet at the bottom while stroller seat stays at the top, enabling you to carry two babies at once.
- The canopy’s top fabric can be removed to reveal a mesh below that allows for circulation of air within the seat, without letting in dust and insects.
- The basket at the base of the stroller is large enough to store groceries and a medium-sized diaper bag.
- The maximum weight limit for the bassinet and stroller seat put together is 90lb (40.8kg).
Verdict: The best stroller for the style-conscious parents. This stroller also offers you the choice of fabric and stands out from the rest with its unique style quotient.
- The stroller has a faux leather (leatherette) canopy and premium synthetic material wrapped around a metal frame, which exudes luxury at first sight.
- The product ships with both a bassinet and stroller seat, which you can place facing forward or backward.
- The bassinet works best for infants up to the age of six months. The stroller seat is designed for infants older than six months.
- Extra features include height-adjustable handlebar, an attached pouch to store bottles, a soft mattress to place within the bassinet, and a rain cover.
- The seat comes with a five-point safety harness and three-position recline.
- Maximum weight limit is 55lb (24.9kg).
Verdict: The best luxury stroller for the chic parents. It is made for parents who want a baby stroller that goes well with their collection of other luxury items.
- The stroller has plenty of headroom, ideal for taller babies.
- It is lightweight, and you fold the stroller with one hand.
- A large basket below the stroller seat for storage of a small-sized diaper bag.
- The canopy comes with a ventilation window and UV protection up to SPF 50+.
- The handlebar is perforated for added grip and prevents sweaty hands when strolling the baby for a longer duration.
- The product ships with a shoulder strap to carry the folded stroller.
- The maximum weight limit of the stroller is 20lb (9kg).
Verdict: The best stroller for taller babies, with convenient storage option and a lightweight for portability.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.
[ Read : Babyhug Cocoon Stroller Review ]
When Can You Place The Baby In A Stroller?
A baby stroller is used to transport mostly children up to three years old, according to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (1). Strollers are highly useful at this age, since carrying around a growing baby in your arms can be exhausting.
How To Choose A Baby Stroller?
Here is what you must consider when choosing a baby stroller:
- Nature of use: Strollers are made for babies, but parents’ usage is paramount. There are different types of strollers you can choose from, depending on how you intend to use it. Options include prams, standard strollers, jogging strollers, travel strollers and double strollers for twin babies.
- Weight of the baby: Strollers are designed to withstand a specific weight. Check the weight limit of a stroller to know if its suit your baby’s weight.
- A double seat: If you have twins, you must consider a double-seat stroller to be able to take your children for a stroll at the same time.
- Storage options: Some baby strollers come with storage spaces for holding a diaper bag, which is a necessary accessory for outings with the baby. However, storage pockets can make the stroller bulky, so pick one with this option only if necessary.
- Additional attractions: The other features of a stroller you pick could include a car seat, bassinet, and cup holders.
[ Read : Babyhug Easy Travel Cabin Stroller Review ]
Make a list of desired features so that you pick a stroller that is right for you.
Tips For Baby Stroller Usage
- Use brakes when stationary for long: If you intend to stand at a place for long, then lock the wheels with brakes to prevent the stroller from moving away from you. Strollers can easily move around on their own if the baby moves a lot in the seat.
- Do not overload: Do not use a stroller to transport infants and toddlers heavier than the recommended maximum weight. Exceeding the weight limit can break the frame, which is dangerous when the child is in the stroller.
- Do not use stroller beyond its designated purpose: Strollers are for carrying children only. Do not use them for moving things around, as that can damage the stroller. Also, using a stroller for purposes other than carrying a baby can void any manufacturer warranty.
- Clean the stroller periodically: Clean the stroller seat once in a week or more often for hygienic purposes. Most strollers come with a removable inner lining, which makes cleaning them even more convenient.
- Have regular inspection: Check for regular wear and tear of the stroller, especially if it is a jogging stroller used on uneven terrain. Inspect for any signs of damage, cracking, or debris stuck around the wheels or the base of the stroller. It could undermine the safety of the stroller and make it prone to accidents.
[ Read : LuvLap City Baby Stroller Buggy Review ]
Strollers can open a world of possibilities for parents. You can go shopping or jogging without the worry of leaving your baby at home. Picking the right stroller that suits your requirement is essential to get your money’s worth. So take your time, browse the options you have, try a few at the store and then make a choice.
Have an experience to share about baby strollers? Tell us in the comment section below.
- Aveeno Products For Babies
- Pigeon Baby Products For Little Ones
- Best Shampoos For Baby
- Baby Pacifiers For You To Select From
- Babyhug Comfy Ride Stroller Review