Bathtime is so much fun for babies as well as the parents. After a fun bath, it’s a cute sight to wrap babies in colorful towels. The best baby towels and robes can help you have fun baby bath sessions. You have a wide variety of styles, colors, textures, and patterns to choose from, and it’s always better to have more than just one.
Rachel Nelson, a mommy influencer, entrepreneur, and professional seamstress, says, “Hooded towels are an excellent option for toddlers because they stay wrapped around the babies more efficiently. Upgrading to a towel with arms and even a sash (such as a bathrobe) can make drying time quicker and easier for the parents when the little one is squirming.”
We have rounded up the most vibrant and cute baby towels and robes for you to bring home for your little one in this post. Check them out.
13 Best Baby Bathrobes And Towels
1. Best Extra Smooth:Premium Ultra Soft Organic Bamboo Baby Hooded Towel
Made of soft bamboo fiber, this safe and effective towel by Miniboo is hypoallergenic and is free of harmful substances. The blend of cotton and bamboo fiber is extra smooth, highly absorbent, and durable. The soft baby towel comes with a cute bear hood that will help dry your munchkin’s head.
- Resistant to odor, mold, and bacteria
- Does not fade even after repeated washing
- Comes with an embroidered hood
- Keeps the baby warm after bath
- Makes an ideal baby shower gift
- Unisex design
- Towel may not be ultra-soft as claimed
2. Best For Warmth: Hudson Baby Unisex Baby Plush Animal Face Robe
Why It’s Worth Buying: The 29,617 positive reviews on Amazon showcase that this product has been trusted, tested, and liked by many.
Made of polyester, this plush animal design baby robe is the perfect option for little ones who love to play in the water. The fleece fabric of the cute baby robe keeps the baby warm and comfortable after a bath or pool-time fun.
- Material is soft and gentle on the baby’s delicate skin
- Suitable for poolside parties and other water events
- Can be washed in a machine
- Available in various adorable animal designs
- Robe tends to shrink after a few washes
- Material may attract lint
"I found this robe adorable. Its fitting is highly adjustable, allowing room for little ones to grow. However, the fabric's water-absorbing ability could have been slightly better. But overall, it's an endearing and delightful purchase!"
3. Best Absorbent:Baby Aves Premium Hooded Baby Towel
The premium hooded baby towel by Baby Aves is manufactured with 500 GSM organic bamboo fabric and comes with a complimentary matching washcloth. The appropriate thickness and soft material make it the right choice for your baby’s delicate skin. Furthermore, this super absorbent baby towel is quick to dry.
- Devoid of harmful substances
- Free of fragrances
- Machine washable and tumble-dry safe
- Reinforced trim for durability
- May need a wash before the first use
"While the corgi hooded towel isn't highly absorbent, its softness is a feature to vouch for. Moreover, the seamless stitching adds to its charm. Its delightful and attractive design has surely appealed to my little munchkin. In fact, if it were available in adult sizes, I would have surely bought one for myself as well!"
4. Best With High-Quality Rayon:Natemia Extra Soft Rayon from Bamboo Baby Hooded Towel
Every mommy should purchase at least one hooded towel for her little one. Made of high-quality rayon and at 500 GSM, this towel is warm like a blanket. This fluffy towel can keep your child comfortable after a bath or pool time. If you want to know more about this product, check out this review video on YouTube showcasing a tester’s experience.
- Easy to wash and odor-free
- Material is extra-soft and highly absorbent
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Durable material can withstand regular washes
- Towel may attract lint
"We have been using this towel for the last 4 years. It's been faithful to me and my little ones, showing no signs of wear despite frequent washes. The soft fabric is delightful, and the length, thickness, and the generous hood ensure it remains a comfortable covering. In short, it's not just cute but also a practical and reliable option."
5. Best Plush Fabric:Simple Joys Towel and Washcloth Set by Carter’s
Parents love this pretty pink towel for its cute design and plush fabric. Made of cotton and polyester, this eight-piece baby towel set comes with washcloths and towels in shades of pink.
- Material is gentle on the baby’s skin and highly absorbent
- Two of the towels in the set are hooded
- Reasonably priced set
- Washable in a machine
- Towel material is a tad thinner than you would expect
"I found the towels and washcloths to be of good quality—soft to the touch and aesthetically pleasing. Even after several washes, they're holding up nicely, showing no signs of lint balls, which can be an issue with other towels. Highly satisfactory!"
6. Best Large And Thick:KeaBabies Cuddle Organic Bamboo Baby Hooded Towel
Made of superior 500GSM thread count bamboo fiber, this towel is thick, soft, and large enough for newborns and babies aged up to five years. In addition, the tried-and-tested viscose towel ensures three times more absorbency than the cotton alternatives. The organic baby towel measuring 35 x 35in is designed to make the baby’s outing at the beach or swimming pool fun and comfortable.
- Gentle on the skin
- Doubles as a blanket
- Washing machine- dryer-friendly
- Soft to the touch
- Stitching may not be durable
- Some may find the fabric a bit heavy
"I received this towel as a baby shower gift and instantly fell in love with its thick, soft material, and great size that can accommodate a growing baby. It's considerably superior to the regular hooded baby towels we have been using for our six-month-old. Passing this love forward, I've gifted it to others as well, and it has not ceased to be adored."
7. Best Hooded:Hudson Baby Unisex Baby Animal Face Hooded Towel
Why It’s Worth Buying: The 24,868 positive reviews on Amazon are proof that this trusted product meets customers’ expectations.
Who doesn’t find baby elephants cute? This hooded infant bath towel comes with a cute elephant on the hood and a pink ribbon on its head. Made of 100% terry cotton, this towel is soft and highly absorbent.
- Plush material is gentle on the baby’s skin
- Size is perfect for infants
- Durable enough for everyday use
- Washable in a machine
- Material can become coarse after a few uses
8. Best With Pure Cotton:Little Tinkers World Lion Hooded Baby Towel
The hooded baby towel by Little Tinkers World is thick enough without being heavy. It is manufactured with 100% non-twist pure cotton, and its 30×30-inch measurement makes it suitable for newborns and two-to-three-year-old toddlers. Moreover, you can wash the newborn bath towel in a machine and tumble dry it without compromising on its softness.
- Easy to maintain
- Highly absorbent
- Features a playful 3D mane
- Soft and absorbent fabric
- May not be convenient to fold and store
- Fabric may fray within a couple of washes
"Even after multiple washes, this towel has managed to retain its softness. What's remarkable about this towel is the ease with which it comfortably envelopes my little one after baths. Surprisingly, its thick yet lightweight fabric aids in his post-bath sleep as well! This product definitely earns my recommendation."
9. Best Elegant Design:Burt’s Bees Baby – Hooded Towels
Try this simple yet elegant hooded towel for your baby. The set features two safe and effective towels made of organic cotton. The absorbent fiber dries the baby quickly and leaves them feeling fresh.
- Soft material keeps the baby warm and cozy
- Perfectly sized for infants
- Durable material easily lasts multiple washes
- Organic cotton certified by Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
- Fabric may be thinner than expected
10. Best Skin-Friendly:Willow + Sim Luxury Hooded Poncho Towel
Willow + Sim brings you this pullover poncho-style hoodie towel designed for babies and toddlers. It is a thick hooded cloak that allows your child to move around without restriction. The baby-friendly poncho towel is made of 100% non-twist skin-friendly combed cotton and is oversized to keep the baby warm and cozy after a bath or swim.
- Eliminates the need for rewrapping the baby
- Stylish and practical wear for the beach
- Quick to dry
- Includes pockets
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Hood may not fit every child
- Stitching may not be highly durable
"I love how the design lets me stay hands-free while keeping my child dry. The hoodie of this versatile robe fits snugly around the neck, making it more suitable for toddlers with small heads. Despite this, it has proven to be adorably functional, keeping my child warm and fulfilling the primary feature of a quality bathrobe."
11. Best High-Quality Stitching:Lucear Muslin Baby Bath Towels with Hood
This muslin cotton baby bath towel is extremely soft. It comes with high-quality stitching, so it lasts long even after several washes. It comes with a special honeycomb embossing that makes it super absorbent.
- Features a hood and waistband
- Easy to wash and dry
- Thick fabric can double up as a blanket for the baby
- Size may not impress all buyers
"I must say, these towels have impressed me. Their softness is commendable and ideal for drying off a baby without leaving any lint. Despite being large—perfect for growing toddlers—they are easy to wash and dry without a fuss, even on delicate cycles. These towels are currently my preferred choice for my newborn."
12. Best Shark-Themed Design:Baby Aspen “Let the Fin Begin” Shark Robe
Made of cotton, this baby bathrobe comes in a baby-friendly shark-themed design. Its hood has cute shark teeth that cover your baby’s head. The infant bathrobe can be fastened with a waist tie.
- Cotton fabric wicks moisture and keeps the baby dry
- Soft baby robe hood helps dry the baby’s head
- Plush material keeps the baby toasty
- The material may feel coarse after a few uses
- The fabric seems to shrink after washing
13. Best 100% Polyester:Taiycyxgan Coral Fleece Bathrobe
Why It’s Worth Buying: The 31,449 positive customer reviews on Amazon are a testament to the quality and reliability of this trusted product.
Your baby will love spending hours in this bathrobe. The newborn bathrobe is made of 100% polyester and comes with a button on the collar to keep it from slipping off. Its 3D cartoon design makes it an attractive option.
- Suitable for daily use
- Fabric keeps your baby warm and comfortable
- Available in different sizes and designs
- Fabric may be thinner than expected
"I found this robe to be delightfully snug and warm. Although, due to its light color, it tends to get visibly dirty quite often, the important point is that my baby has found it cozy and soft. This robe does deliver on its promise of warmth with good quality."
How To Choose The Right Baby Robes And Towels For Babies?
To buy the right baby towels or robes for your little one, consider the following features:
- Material: Soft baby towels and robes are generally made of cotton, polyester, or bamboo. If your baby is suffering from skin troubles, you can opt for an organic bamboo towel that will be easy on your child’s skin. When damp, your child’s skin becomes a lot more sensitive, so you should buy a baby-friendly, soft absorbent towel or an organic baby robe that will quickly absorb water and keep your child dry and fresh.
- Durability: Since infant bath towels and robes are often wet, they tend to pill and fray. These fabrics can even turn coarse after frequent washing. You can look for close-knitted towels that remain soft for a long time and do not pill quickly.
- Design: If you have gone through this list, you must have noticed how cute baby towels and robes are available in a variety of designs and patterns. Choose the one that pleases you the most.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We bring you a list of the best baby bath towels and robes to dry and cover your little one after a bath. After thorough research on multiple sites and going through customer reviews, we shortlisted products from trusted brands with different textures, colors, and mold-free properties. We also included hypoallergenic towels for babies with sensitive skin and some tips on selecting the right one based on your preferences and requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which types of baby bathrobes are most absorbent?
The absorbency of a bathrobe depends on the fabric it is made of. Cotton terry is one of the most absorbent materials for a bathrobe. It is thick, warm, and comfortable. It is pricey but totally worth the money.
2. Are silk bathrobes washable?
Yes, you can wash silk bathrobes but only with hand. Silk is a relatively delicate material that can be ruined if washed in a machine. It is best washed in lukewarm water with a mild detergent, and, of course, with hand.
3. What is the best material for robes?
Bathrobes are available in different kinds of soft and cozy materials. The most common robes are made of cotton terry, cotton waffle, cashmere, luxury microfiber, and so on. The best option amongst these is very subjective because every person has their own preference for a bathrobe. Someone may love a silk robe, while another person may prefer a robe made of dual-layer microfiber. The answer varies from person to person.
Babies have incredibly soft and sensitive skin that needs extra care. Therefore, this list of the best baby towels and robes will help you make the right choice. Preferably, opt for a towel that is soft, resistant to odors and mold, and does not fade. Ensure that it is made of skin-friendly materials that do not cause any irritability and keep the baby warm after a bath. Further, opt for towels and absorbent baby robes that are machine washable and easy to maintain.
Infographic: How To Buy A Good Quality Baby Bath Towel And Robe?
After a leisurely bath, wrapping up the baby in a towel and robe keeps the little one cozy and comfortable. However, since a baby’s skin is soft and prone to rashes, you must be careful when buying clothing. Look through the infographic below for advice when buying a baby bath towel and robe.