Vitamin D is essential for babies as it helps build strong bones and improve the immune system. In cases where babies have a deficiency of this vitamin, providing them with the best baby vitamin D drops could meet this need. Vitamin D also helps prevent certain conditions, such as rickets, deformed bones, infertility, and eczema. Offering the right supplements in the right amounts could help your baby. However, you should refer to your child’s pediatrician to confirm whether you can use these drops.
We have listed some top vitamin D drops for babies to choose from. Also, read the buying guide to make an informed decision.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Vitamin D Drops For Babies
Culturellevitamin D drops helps develop the immune system and promote good health. These vitamin D drops contain probiotics that help build a strong foundation for your baby’s development. It promotes better nutrient absorption in the body and is safe for everyday use. You can use it for babies up to 12 months. One of the most clinically studied probiotics in infants, LGG (Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG), is present in it.
- Contains rice bran oil that is gentle on the baby’s tummy
- Carnauba wax allows the probiotics to suspend in the drops easily
- Has BB-12, a good bacteria found in breast milk
- Free of gluten, eggs, milk, peanuts, and tree nuts
With no artificial colors, vitamin D baby drips from Mommy’s Bliss are ideal for newborns and infants. Each serving contains 400 IU of vitamin D. It is recommended to give only one drop a day, and the product includes 90 drops. Recommended by pediatricians, these vitamin D dropshelppromote bone development and healthy growth. You do not have to refrigerate the product. This supplemental vitamin is certified by the USDA and is available in a 3.24ml pack.
- Does not contain sucrose or alcohol
- Free of the top eight allergens
- Contains organic MCT oil
- Free of PVC, phthalates, and BPA
Enfamil vitamin D drops are ideal for breastfed infants aged up to 12 months. This dietary supplement is available in a 50ml pack and helps in calcium absorption for strong teeth and bones. It is free of peanut, egg, milk, soy, shellfish, tree-nut, gluten, fish, and wheat. You can mix these drops with juice, cereals, and breast milk to increase acceptance.
- Does not contain artificial colors or flavors
- Contains 10mcg vitamin D3
- No sugars
- Easy-to-use dropper
With essential nutrients, this vitamin solution from Carlson is available in a 10.3ml pack. These vitamin D newborn drops help prevent growth failure and are free of harmful ingredients. Vitamin D intake promotes muscle and heart health. You can put it in the baby’s formula or food or while breastfeeding. This dietary supplement is vegetarian and tested by an FDA-registered laboratory. Each drop will supply your baby with 400 IU of concentrated vitamin D3.
- Free of artificial preservatives
- Promotes optimal overall health
- Helps support the immune system
- Helps improve dental health
Gluten-free and unflavored, these baby vitamin D drops prevent vitamin D deficiency in your child. This effective vitamin helps promote strong bones and teeth and supports the body’s overall development. It is the official baby’s vitamin D3 of the American Pregnancy Association. The product is non-GMO and is third-party purity tested. It helps normalize the baby’s sleep rhythms, leading to healthy immunity. Since sun exposure is not recommended for children, taking these drops can be a suitable option.
- Contains organic extra virgin olive oil
- Comes with a convenient applicator
- No added colors
- Verified vegetarian
Available in a highly bioavailable and concentrated form, each drop of this formula will blend in any liquid. The product is free of synthetic surfactants and preservatives. It comes in a 30ml bottle, and you can put it in any beverage or directly on the baby’s tongue. The raw materials are carefully selected, and the premium glass packaging makes sure that the product remains safe to use. With 1,000 servings per bottle, the product has a pleasant taste that the baby will like.
- Non-GMO and gluten-free
- Free of dairy and soy
- Glass packaging acts as a barrier against oxygen and moisture
- Ensures protection of nutrient viability
The supplemental vitamin drops from UpSpringarerecommended for daily intake in a single, small concentrated dose of 400 IU. It contains D3 (cholecalciferol) and fractionated coconut oil, free of preservatives, sugars, stains, dyes, and flavors. The product is also free from lactose, soy, gluten, and dairy. Recommended by pediatricians, this vitamin D for babies comes in a 9.13ml bottle.
- Comes in an easy-to-use squeeze bottle
- Tasteless and odorless
- Suitable for children aged up to 12 months
- Can be placed in the pacifier and nipple
Free of preservatives, parabens, dyes, soy, dairy, and gluten, this vitamin D supplement comes in a 4.50ml bottle, and you can mix it with juice, food, milk, or drop it in the nipple or pacifier. Newborns can start having this effective vitamin to help prevent growth failure. You can take this vitamin solution daily in the form of one drop.
- Bottled in premium-quality glass for utmost safety
- Made from USDA-certified ingredients
- No artificial colors and flavors
- No chemical preservatives
The 60ml vitamin D3 supplement is vegan and offers 5000 IU per serving, with 120 servings per bottle. It helps improve the immune system, bones, teeth, and muscles. The product is non-GMO and contains extra virgin olive oil. It is bioavailable and aids in calcium absorption.
- Vegetarian-friendly and gluten-free
- Can naturally increase the energy levels
- Improves well-being and mood
- Fast absorbing
Vegetarian and GMO-free, these baby vitamin D3 drops are easy to use. One drop contains 400 IU of vitamin D3, and the bottle contains 2140 tasteless and long-lasting drops. Free of gluten, dairy, artificial flavors, soy, yeast, nuts, shellfish, preservatives, sugar, and fish, these drops are made in a certified facility in the USA. They help maintain a strong immune system and boost energy. These vitamin drops are enhanced with coconut oil and are easily absorbed in the body.
- Comes in a 60ml bottle
- No artificial colors
- Supports and maintains cardiovascular health
- Helps improve bones and teeth
Genexababy vitamin D drops include natural ingredients and are suitable for infants. It is a non-GMO project verified and comes in an organic vanilla flavor that babies will love. These baby vitamin D3 drops come in a 6ml pack with an easy-to-use dropper and are free of flavors, artificial dyes, colors, and preservatives. Organic citrus and blueberries are used to extract color and flavor.
- Free of lactose and gluten
- Certified vegan
- Each drop contains 400IU of vitamin D3
- Helps promote healthy growth and bone development
The information given in this section has been taken from manufacturers’ sources. MomJunction is not responsible for any of the claims made here. We recommend readers’ discretion.
How To Choose The Right Vitamin D Drops For Babies?
Look for the following points when buying vitamin D baby drops.
- Type: Vitamin D supplements are available in two forms: D2 (ergocalciferol) and D3 (cholecalciferol). They are effective, but D3’s impact is more when taken in high doses. D2 is made from yeast, but D3 is made from numerous sources, including fish oils, algae oil, and lanolin.
- Form: You can choose from pills and liquid drops depending on the baby’s medical needs. Liquids are preferable for babies as you can mix them with their food for easy intake.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do babies get enough vitamin D from breast milk?
No, breast milk contains low levels of vitamin D. If the breastfeeding mother takes at least 6,400 IU of vitamin D daily, it can suffice the vitamin D requirements of both the mother and the baby.
2. Can babies receive adequate vitamin D from sun exposure?
Babies might not get enough vitamin D from the sun as their skin is sensitive. Also, studies say that babies aged below six months should avoid sun exposure. Depending upon the baby’s age, you can take your baby out in the sun upon the doctor’s recommendation.
It is necessary to ensure your baby gets the right amount of vitamin D as the deficiency can adversely affect their health. However, you can give these drops to babies only upon the advice of the pediatrician. You can add it to the bottle, finger, or nipple. So, go through the list of the best vitamin D drops for babies to pick the right product.
- L.Wagner, F.R.Greer; Prevention of Rickets and Vitamin D Deficiency in Infants, Children, and Adolescents; American Academy of Pediatrics (2008)
- How to get vitamin D from sunlight; NHS (2018)
- Best Organic Baby Bath Products
- Best Gripe Water For Babies
- Best Gummy Vitamins For Kids
- Best Vitamin E Oils