Baby wipes are among the essential products for newborn babies, as they help keep their skin supple and hydrated while ensuring hygiene. New moms and dads rely on wipes to keep the baby’s delicate skin clean and moist, especially after a diaper change.
Newborns’skin is delicate and sensitive, so it is essential to use wipes that do not have any harmful ingredients that may cause skin allergies. There are many options to choose from in the market, of which we have handpicked the11 best baby wipes to try. The wipes are free of any harmful chemicals and feature natural ingredients that are safe for babies. Read on to find one that matches your preferences.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Baby Wipes To Try
Suitable for sensitive, newborn, and premature baby skin, Water wipes Baby Wipes keep your little one’s skin soft and supple. The product has the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance, which maintains rigorous standards for approval.
These wipes contain no parabens or sulfates that may cause skin irritation. Made from two ingredients – 99% water and only 1% fruit extract –the wipes keep the baby’s skin moist and clean.
- Gentle on the baby’s skin
- Sodium benzoate-free
- No strong fragrance
- May be expensive
Made from natural plant-based ingredients, the non-allergic wipes keep your baby’s skin fresh, soft, and clean. They are tested by dermatologists and can prevent allergies and diaper rashes. The thick and soft wipes are free from artificial dyes or fragrance and nourish your baby’s delicate skin. The packaging is abox of baby wipes, convenient for the users.
- Paraben and sulfate-free
- Pediatrician and dermatologically tested
- Cruelty- free
- May have a pungent smell
Jackson Reece uses safe and certified organic wipes, which are natural and healthy.The wipes are eco-friendly as there is no use of any plastic in them.You may not require too many wipes as Jackson Reece wipes clean fast and effectively.
The water-based wipes are non-toxic and are made with biodegradable wood pulp. The vegetable extracts are gentle to the baby’s skin, making them suitable for babies with any skin type.
- pH balanced
- Safe for the entire body
- Wipes may stick together
- Could be harder to remove with one hand
The Baby Dove moisture wipes are curated specifically for infants with sensitive skin. The castor oil in the Dove wipes is remedial for newborns with dry skin. They leave your baby’s skin soft and clean and instantly moisturize the delicate skin while removing impurities. Tested by dermatologists, Dove wipes are useful for on-the-go cleaning as you can easily pull individual wipes.
- Easy to pull individual wipes
- No harsh scents
- Gentle on skin
- Instant moisturizing
- May dry out faster
Seventh Generation Baby Wipes are tested by experts and gentle and soft on a baby’s sensitive skin. Most importantly, these wipes are free from added fragrances that could irritate the baby’s skin and remove their natural baby bodyodor. The wet wipes contain citric acid, which is a natural pH balancer. Made of wood pulp, the soft wipes can be gentle on the baby’s skin.
- Non-scented wipe
- Flip-top does not close, wipes dry out
Aleva Naturals offer a range of maternity products specially curated by a pharmacist,an herbalist, and a naturopath. The wipes come in a compact packaging that is easy to carry around in a diaper bag.The pH-balanced wipes have the perfect moisture, smell fresh and can be used as makeup wipes or face wipes as well.
The wipes are soft, thick, and durable. The plant-based ingredients and the combination of the aloe, shea butter, and chamomile can be soothing on the baby’s skin and leaves it soft and moisturized.
- No toxins or harsh chemicals
- Certified vegan
- Formulated by herbalists and pharmacists
- Natural plant-based and unbleached
- May have a strong fragrance
The multipurpose and resourceful Whoopsie Wipes can be used for babies as well as adults. The 100% pure cotton material makes Whoopsie suitable for all skin types,including sensitive skin. The wipes are chemical-free and are biodegradable. Unlike other wipes, Whoopsie Wipes come as dry wipes and are free of preservatives and chemicals that can irritate sensitive skin or cause diaper rash. You can use the wipes as wet tissue by dipping them in water. The wipes may not tear or leave behind any mess as they are made of un-mercerized cloth.
- Pure, natural products
- Ideal for sensitive skin
- Prevents diaper rashes
- Highly absorbent
- Material may not be soft
The Amazon Elements Baby Wipes are made with purified pharmaceutical water and a hundred percent natural ingredients. The wipes are unscented and contain VitaminE and aloe. VitaminE is an essential ingredient to prevent irritation, diaper rashes, and inflammation on the baby’s skin. The wipes are free from sulfates and harsh chemicals.
- Made with 100% water
- Tested by pediatricians
- May not be recyclable or biodegradable
Caboo Bamboo Wipes are made from pure bamboo stalks and are soft and strong, gentle on the baby’s skin.The material leaves no scope for allergies or rashes. The wipes contain essential skincare ingredients like aloe, Vitamin E, and chamomile that helps in soothing inflammation and moisturizingthe little one’s soft skin. The wipes smell great and are eco-friendly.
- Made from 99% naturally derived ingredients
- Safe-certified by experts
- Sustainable and environment friendly
- Wipes may be thin
The Pampers baby wipes are as mild as a cotton cloth dipped in water. These wipes have a unique SoftGrip texture, which makes the wipes extra thick and soft. They are durable and safe. Pampers is a trusted brand going back nearly 60 decades and specializing in baby products.
- Dermatologically tested
- pH balancing formula
- Not resealable, dries out easily
Huggies Natural Care Sensitive Wipes are made with 99% water and gentle on the baby’s skin. A highly recommended brand by professionals, Huggies never fails to deliver with their unscented, pH-level balanced wipes, keeping in mind the newborns’ sensitive skin. The Sodium Citrate in the wipes ensures the cloth stays fresh. Aloe, Vitamin E, and coconut oil are key ingredients in these wipes that can work wonders for the baby’s skin.
- Made with plant-based ingredients
- Gentle on sensitive skin
- One-hand dispensing
- Wipes may get dry once you open the packet
How To Choose The Right Baby Wipes?
You will probably be using baby wipes everyday, so it is important to make sure they have the best qualities and are best suited for your baby. Here are a few tips on how to pick the right wipes.
- Ingredients:Make sure the wipes you use on your baby’s skin are free from chemicals or toxins that could cause irritation and allergies to the skin. For newborns or babies with sensitive skin, it is best to use hypoallergenic, dye-free, and paraben-free wipes.
- Packaging: Make sure that the wipes you buy are packaged well, easily portable, or can be put into a refillable baby wipes container. Ensure that they are compact and fit well into any sized bags for you to carry on-the-go.
- Price: Wipes are used every day for the first few years of an infant’s life. Therefore, it is important to calculate and maintain a fixed budget for these wipes, and perhaps buy in bulk and keep them stored. Cost-effective wipes are an important feature while picking the right baby wipe.
- Environment: Non-biodegradable wipes can take years to break down and cause a lot of harm to the environment. While the baby’s safety is a top priority, it is important to ensure that the wipes do not harm the environment.So, go for eco-friendly wipes if they are available easily.
While it is tempting to go for cheaper alternatives in the market, carefully choose the wipes that are meant for your baby’s delicate and sensitive skin. Pick from the list of 11 best baby wipes for a mess-free and eco-friendly cleaning.