The best back scrubbers help you give the care and love your back deserves. A back scrubber is designed to exfoliate the skin, eliminate dead skin cells, deep clean the pores, and massage your skin for improved blood circulation. Further, complement the scrubber with a body wash, and your back will feel as fresh and fragrant as the rest of your body.
From brush-style to towel-style scrubbers, there are several back scrubbers on the market—and we’re here to help you pick the right one. Read on as we review some handy scrubbers for the back that can take care of your skin health.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Back Scrubbers
This double-sided exfoliating back scrubber is designed to cleanse and exfoliate the back with its loofah side and massage and rejuvenate the skin with its microfiber side. It features a strap on each side to let you comfortably hold the scrubber and target hard-to-reach areas on the back. The back scrubber is machine-washable and is made to endure years of laundry cycles. Whether it is dead skin cells, dirt, or residual impurities, this back scrubber helps remove them off your back.
- Features a loofah-like side for better exfoliation
- Includes a proprietary Aquitex microfiber side
- Helps with back acne
- Fast-drying material
- Some might find the straps small
Say yes to a clean body—from head to toe—when you use this back scrubber for shower from Suntee. It features a sponge-padded side for cleaning the back and a honeycomb-textured side for exfoliation. While it is primarily designed to clean the back, you can also use it for your face, neck, and shoulders. Made of 100% pure cotton fabric, this versatile sponge back scrubber bends and contours your body to remove dirt from every spot.
- Promotes blood circulation
- Super-soft cotton material
- Features reinforcing loop handles
- Available in four size options
- Offers good coverage
- May not provide intense exfoliation
If you are looking for intense cleansing and deep exfoliation, you need the Metene shower brush that features both soft and stiff bristles. The brush is designed to remove dead skin cells, promote skin health, and improve blood circulation. It features a 17in wooden handle to let you easily extend it to clean every area on your back. The soft nylon bristles miss no spot while being gentle on the skin.
- Anti-slip grips
- Features a hanging rope
- Can be used for dry brushing and wet brushing
- Unclogs pores
- Might develop mildew build-up if not maintained properly
You can now utilize your shower time to tackle cellulite and back acne while thoroughly cleansing the back with the Surlees back scrubbing brush. Featuring an ergonomic non-slip handle with a slight curve, this body back scrubber gives you a hassle-free back scrubbing experience. The oval head with nylon bristles exerts optimal pressure to scrub away dead skin while gently massaging your back, thus making your bath time more relaxing. The back scrubber also helps stimulate the lymphatic system and promotes blood circulation.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Extra long-handled back brush
- Dense bristle for effective cleaning
- Available in multiple colors
- Small brush head might make it difficult to clean the back in one go
The MainBasics dual-sided shower back scrubber comes with soft bristles on one side and stiff bristles on the other. You can use this scrubber for both wet brushing and dry brushing. While dry scrubbing can help enhance the glow of your skin, wet brushing comes in handy for a good back cleansing session. The 17in handle of the brush is made from wood, and the bristles are crafted from boar, thus making it a durable scrubber worth having.
- Anti-slip grip
- Resists water damage
- Features a hanging hook
- Offers intense exfoliation
- Some might find the brush a little heavy
This collapsible silicone back scrubber features different textures that offer you a premium cleansing experience as you unwind while taking a shower. With bristles on one side for exfoliation and beads on the other for bath massage, it effectively cleans your back while promoting blood circulation. Made of food-grade material, it is gentle and safe for the skin. This flexible back scrubber reaches every curve of your back and leaves no spot unclean, thus making your skin smoother and healthier.
- Easy to wash and dry
- Features easy-to-hold handles
- Comes with beads for manual massage
- Helps create a rich lather
- May not provide good coverage
This body brush is made of premium-quality bristles that are dense and soft, making it one of the best loofah back scrubbers. The loofah helps lather the soap well, while the bristles clean every inch of your back and remove dead skin cells, dirt, and residual oil. The brush also gently massages the back to stimulate blood circulation while removing toxins. The curved handle of this back scrubber is 14in long and features a non-slip grip to ensure no slips or slides as you use it.
- Can be used for dry and wet brushing
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Features a hanging string and hole for drying
- Reaches deep into pores
- Some might find the brush a tad soft
This extra-long handled back scrubber brush can exfoliate not only your back but also other rough and flaky parts of the body, such as the elbow and around the feet. The loofah is made of bamboo charcoal fibers that help improve skin health without scratching the skin. The loofah back scrubber can be paired with your favorite gel or body wash to create rich foam for a squeaky clean back.
- Firm yet gentle on the skin
- Breakage-resistant and curved handle
- Textured rubber grip
- Quick-drying fibers
- May have a peculiar smell when new
Cleaning every pore on your back is virtually impossible unless you use an ergonomically designed back scrubber like this one from Kripritii for a shower. It features bristles on both sides of the handle. While the stiff side features flexible bristles for intense exfoliation and massaging, the soft side comes with elastic nylon bristles that direct the foam to your back for effective cleaning. The handle is made of natural lotus wood and features a large anti-slip rubber.
- Arc-shaped long handle
- Waterproof coating
- Comes with a fiber cotton rope
- Moisture-proof bristles
- Can be used for dry and wet brushing
- Some might find the bristles a little soft
The DNC back scrubber helps massage the back after a hectic day with its silicone bristles and also removes greasiness and dirt. The handle is long enough to reach all parts of your back, and the scrubber is flexible and contours the body for effective cleaning. Moreover, the body scrubber is made of eco-friendly material and is available in various colors.
- Portable and lightweight
- BPA-free and hypoallergenic
- Built-in steel core for durability
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Some might find the bristles a little soft
Say goodbye to dirt, excessive oil, and dead skin cells on your back with one of the best back scrubbers for shower. This back scrubber from AmazerBath features a loofah with a tightknot design that ensures the loofah stays attached to the natural wooden handle despite rough use. Massaging your back with it helps promote blood circulation while eliminating toxins. Make your skin softer and smoother by using this back scrubber every day.
- Made of soft PE material
- Creates a rich foam
- Textured rubber sleeve makes it non-slip
- Includes a handheld bath sponge
- Available in several shades
- Some might find the handle thin
Pamper yourself with this back scrubber with a loofah that helps massage the back and cleanses the pores while exfoliating them. The nylon mesh bath sponge helps reduce the appearance of stearic fat deposits. It also dries quickly after use, which means lower chances of breeding bacteria. The handle is made of soft material, which ensures that the scrubber doesn’t hurt your back when cleaning.
- Makes the skin softer and smoother
- Comes with a hanging rope
- Flexible material
- Long handle for convenience
- Handle might be slightly slippery
This flexible and soft scrubber kit features a back scrubber, face scrubber, and ear scrubber to massage the entire body efficiently. Made of highly durable and flexible material, these scrubbers last for years. The two-sided back scrubber keeps your back free of dead skin cells, prevents the pores from clogging, and prevents back acne when used regularly. And featuring two sturdy handles, it gives you a good grip without getting slippery.
- Improves moisture absorption
- Relaxes the body
- Suitable for acne-prone skin
- Facilitates gentle exfoliation
- Does not help lather soap
How To Choose The Right Back Scrubber?
Here are some factors you should consider when investing in a back scrubber for a shower.
- Bristles: When a back scrubber features both soft and stiff bristles, it helps in exfoliation as well as cleaning. While softer bristles spread the lather on the skin, stiff bristles target pores and help remove excess oil and dirt build-up.
- Handle: A scrubber with a long and ergonomic handle helps clean every spot on the back without requiring you to stretch your arms. Furthermore, ensure the handle of the scrubber offers a good grip to prevent it from slipping when you use a shower gel or soap and water.
- Material: Certain body scrubbers feature bristles made of plastic, which might irritate the skin. It is best to look for a scrubber with bristles made of nylon or natural materials to avoid allergies or irritations. The handle should be made using sturdy material, preferably wood or BPA-free material.
What Are The Different Types Of Back Scrubbers?
The following are some common types of back scrubbers that make cleaning the back a cinch.
- Towel-style back scrubber: A towel-style back scrubber generally features a loofah and a microfiber side that help with exfoliation and proper cleaning of the back.
- Silicone back scrubber: Silicone back scrubbers are flexible and soft. They make an effective back exfoliating tool as they feature longer, denser bristles along with tiny protruding balls that massage your back while reaching the pores for an intense cleaning session.
- Brush scrubber: Brush scrubbers feature a handle, generally made of wood or plastic, and the tip of the brush comes with either double-sided or one-sided bristles that help clean and exfoliate the back. Some brush scrubbers also come with a loofah.
How To Use A Back Scrubber?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to using a back scrubber the right way.
- Wet the back scrubber with water.
- Apply an adequate amount of shower gel to the back scrubber.
- When using a silicone or towel back scrubber, use your hands to rub the scrubber to create a rich lather before using it on your back.
- When using a brush scrubber, use it directly on your back. The soap will lather when the scrubber rubs against the skin.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag, the author of this article, is an established writer and researcher who covers fashion, skincare, and hair care segments and curates detailed product reviews. She has listed the best back scrubbers for exfoliation and cleaning based on product specifications and reviews on popular e-commerce websites. She has also highlighted the pros and cons of each product and provided a detailed buying guide with factors to keep in mind when looking for a back scrubber to make your pick easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is a back scrubber easy to grip?
A back scrubber is easy to grip when it features non-slip material or grooves and ridges to prevent it from slipping when you use soap.
- Does a back scrubber reach all the places of the body?
This largely depends on the design of the back scrubber. When using a towel-style or silicone back scrubber, it should be long enough to cover the entire back. For brush-style scrubbers, the handle should be long enough and have a curved design.
- Can scrubbers help keep the back clean?
Back scrubbers are an essential tool to keep the back free of dirt and grime build-up over time. They also unclog pores and prevent the formation of bacne.
People generally overlook the back when taking a shower. However, when you use the best back scrubber, it helps you target hard-to-reach parts of the back. A good back scrubber should have a long handle so that it extends to reach the back and moves efficiently to exfoliate and get rid of dirt. For added convenience, you may choose a back scrubber with both soft and stiff bristles so that the scrubber serves both as a cleaning tool and an exfoliator. Get your hands on a well-designed and convenient back scrubber for soft, smooth, and clean skin.
- Best Back Brushes For Showers
- Best Bath Sponges & Loofahs For Exfoliating Skin
- Best Bathroom Scrubbers
- Best Facial Cleansing Brushes For Easy Use