The best back scrubbers help you give the care and love your back deserves. A back scrubber is designed to exfoliate the skin, eliminate dead skin cells, deep clean the pores, and massage your skin for improved circulation of blood. Further, complement the scrubber with a body wash, and your back will feel as fresh and fragrant as the rest of your body.
From brush-style to towel-style scrubbers, there are several back scrubbers on the market—and we’re here to help you pick the right one. Read on as we review some handy results-driven scrubbers with proven efficacy–ideal skin exfoliation tools–for your daily use.
13 Best Back Scrubbers
The back scrubber is made using concave-convex texture fabric and comes with handles. Designed to provide moderate exfoliation, this scrubber foams up with water and body wash. Clean and rejuvenate the skin on your back with ease with the scrubber as it helps reach the most difficult areas of the back, lower back, and shoulders. The larger surface area ensures bigger coverage and clean skin. It is like a towel that works better than loofahs and brushes.
- Easy to use
- Removes dead skin
- Easy to clean
- Convenient to hang
- May bunch up
- May have a rough texture
Review: According to a tester, “This brush is a practical solution for reaching and exfoliating hard-to-reach areas. Although not quick-drying, the Evridwear Back Scrubber effectively cleanses the skin and can last long with proper care.”
Say yes to a clean body—from head to toe—when you use this back scrubber for showers from Suntee. It features a sponge-padded side for cleaning the back and a honeycomb-textured side for exfoliation. While the shower back scrubber is primarily designed to clean the back, you can also use it for your face, neck, and shoulders. Made of 100% pure cotton fabric, this versatile shower back scrubber bends and contours your body to remove dirt from every spot.
- Promotes blood circulation
- Helps improve skin texture
- Super-soft cotton material
- Features reinforcing loop handles
- Available in four size options
- Offers good coverage
- May not provide intense exfoliation
Review: A reviewer says, “The Suntee Exfoliating Back Scrubber is a handy tool. Its dual-textured design, with a loofah-like side and soft microfiber on the other, suds up well and provides a thorough scrub. A great solution for easy back cleaning.”
If you are looking for intense cleansing and deep exfoliation, you need the Metene shower brush that features both soft and stiff bristles. Its brush hair is designed to smooth cellulite and remove dead skin cells, promote skin health, and improve blood circulation. It features a 17in wooden handle to let you easily extend it to clean every area on your back. Moreover, features like gentle nylon bristles and ergonomic design make it one of the best bath back scrubbers.
- Extended handle with anti-slip grips
- Features a hanging rope
- Can be used for dry brushing and wet brushing
- Unclogs pores
- Might develop mildew build-up if not maintained properly
Review: According to a user, “The Metene Shower Brush truly transforms my shower routine. Its dual-sided bristles provide an invigorating exfoliation experience. The soft bristles pamper sensitive skin, while the firm ones effectively remove dead skin. The wooden handle offers a secure grip, and the design ensures thorough back cleansing.”
|Evridwear Exfoliating Back Scrubber With Handles||Suntee Exfoliating Back Scrubber||Metene Shower Brush|
|Color||Back Scrubber||Beige||Light Blue|
|Dimensions||-||-||17.1 x 2.4 x 2.2 inches|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
Clean your back with ease using the EcoTools bath brush designed to scrub hard-to-reach areas. One side of the brush is designed for gentle cleaning, while the other is designed to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin, removing the dead skin. The long handle ensures you have better control. With a handcrafted bamboo handle, the brush is a spa-quality bath accessory that can elevate your showering experience.
- Textured netting
- Not tested on animals
- Made from recycled materials
- Helps improve skin quality
- Provides a spa-like experience
- May have mildew issues
- May be bigger than expected
Review: According to a user, “I’m impressed by the EcoTools 2-In-1 Bath Brush. Its compact head and sturdy wooden handle make it a standout product. The added cloth covering is a thoughtful touch. Highly recommended for its quality and performance.”
Featuring a 17in long teak handle, this loofah scrubber is all you need to clean your back without hurting your hands. This dual-sided Egyptian loofah pad helps scrub the skin and exfoliate dead cells gently. The back scrub brush for showers is designed with eco-friendly materials from Northeast Thailand. It is a handmade bath accessory that is completely biodegradable and does not leave any contamination after use, making this double-sided brush suitable for people with sensitive skin.
- Helps relax the muscles
- Lightweight design
- Helps reduce back acne
- Moisture-resistant handle
- Pad may not stay on the handle
- Straight handle may be difficult to maneuver
Review: A user writes, “I bought the Faay Natural Exfoliating Loofah Back Scrubber for my daughters, and they love it. Although a little short, the soft yet effective bristles make up for it. Overall, a positive experience.”
The double-sided back exfoliator by Seraphic cleanses and removes dead cells from the skin. Enjoy glowing and smooth skin with this back scrubber designed to increase cell turnover and blood circulation. With terry cloth and mesh puff on one side and viscose fiber on the other, to ace the test when it comes to cleaning clogged pores and keeping back acne at bay. The extra-large size ensures that it reaches even hard-to-reach areas easily, making it one of the best back scrubbers for shower.
- Comes with handles for easy drying
- Prevents ingrown hair
- Easy to use
- Safe and natural
- Handles may be thin
- May flip over while using
Review: A user writes, “Seraphic Skincare’s Premium Exfoliating Back Scrubber has been a great addition to my skincare regimen. Its dual-sided design offers a gentle yet effective scrub, leaving me feeling refreshed and clean.”
This body brush is made of premium-quality bristles that are dense and soft, making it one of the best loofah back scrubbers. The brush is one of the best back scrubbers for acne as its bristles clean every inch of your back and remove dead skin cells, dirt, and residual oil. Its brush head gently massages the back to stimulate blood circulation while removing toxins. The curved handle of this back scrubber is 14in long and features a non-slip comfortable grip to ensure no slips or slides as you use it.
- Can be used for dry and wet brushing
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Features a hanging string and hole for drying
- Reaches deep into pores
- Some might find the brush a tad soft
Review: According to a tester, “This brush has soft bristles and a scrub that provides a gentle yet effective exfoliation. I appreciate its reach, especially for my feet. I’m pleased with the Honoma Body Brush and plan to buy more.”
This extra-long handled back scrubber brush can exfoliate not only your back but also other rough and flaky parts of the body, such as the elbow and around the feet. The brush head features bamboo charcoal fibers that help improve skin health without scratching the skin. The shower back scrubber can be paired with your favorite gel or body wash to create rich foam and is safe to use every day.
- Firm yet gentle on the skin
- Breakage-resistant and curved handle
- Textured rubber grip
- Quick-drying fibers
- May have a peculiar smell when new
Review: According to a user, “The Toem Loofah Back Scrubber is so helpful. Its ergonomic design makes it easy to reach my back, and the loofah’s texture provides a satisfying exfoliation. It’s become an essential part of my shower routine.”
Cleaning every pore on your back is virtually impossible unless you use an ergonomically designed back scrubber like this one from Kripritii for a shower. It features bristles on both sides of the handle. While the stiff side features flexible bristles for intense exfoliation and massaging, the other side comes with soft nylon bristles that direct the foam to your back for effective cleaning. The handle is made of natural lotus wood and features a large anti-slip rubber. Check out this product review video showcasing a tester’s experience.
- Arc-shaped long handle
- Waterproof coating
- Comes with a fiber cotton rope
- Moisture-proof bristles
- Can be used for dry and wet brushing
- Some might find the bristles a little soft
Review: According to a user, “The brush has a durable build, dual-sided bristles, and ergonomic handle, making it a shower essential. Although the bristles took some time to soften, the exfoliating and cleansing experience provided by Kipritii Back Scrubber remains unmatched.”
The DNC back scrubber helps massage the back after a hectic day with its silicone bristles and also removes greasiness and dirt. The handle is long enough to reach all parts of your back for deep cleaning, and the scrubber is flexible and contours the body for effective cleaning and massaging. Moreover, the body scrubber is made of eco-friendly material and is available in various colors.
- Portable and lightweight
- BPA-free and hypoallergenic
- Built-in steel core for durability
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Some might find the bristles a little soft
Review: A reviewer says, “The DNC Silicone Back Scrubber exceeded my expectations. The sturdy handle and gentle yet effective silicone bristles make showering a delight. Creating a lather may take a little effort, but the brush is perfect for cleaning the back.”
Say goodbye to dirt, excessive oil, and dead skin cells on your back with one of the best back scrubbers for showers. This long-handled brush from AmazerBath features a loofah with a tight knot design that ensures the loofah stays attached to the natural wooden handle despite rough use. Massaging your back with it helps promote blood circulation while eliminating toxins. You can add this back scrubber to your daily body care routine to make your skin softer and smoother.
- Made of soft PE material
- Creates a rich foam
- Textured rubber sleeve makes it non-slip
- Includes a handheld bath sponge
- Available in several shades
- Some might find the handle thin
Review: According to a tester, “The AmazerBath Shower Sponge Loofah pleasantly surprised me with its quality and design. The curved handle, full netting, and comfortable silicone grip made it easy to exfoliate the back. A good buy.”
Pamper yourself with this back scrubber with a loofah that helps massage the back and cleanses the pores while exfoliating them. The nylon mesh bath sponge helps reduce the appearance of cellulite and stearic fat deposits. It also dries quickly after use, which means lower chances of breeding bacteria. The handle is made of soft material, which ensures that the scrubber doesn’t hurt your back when cleaning.
- Makes the skin softer and smoother
- Comes with a hanging rope
- Flexible material
- Long handle for convenience
- Handle might be slightly slippery
Review: A user writes, “I’m thoroughly impressed with the Arswin Back Scrubber. They’re durable, hold soap effectively, and provide a gentle yet effective scrub. The first one from the three-pack is still going strong!”
This flexible and soft scrubber kit features a back scrubber, face scrubber, and ear scrubber to massage the entire body efficiently. Made of highly durable and flexible material, these scrubbers last for years. The two-sided design keeps your back free of dead skin cells, prevents the pores from clogging, and prevents back acne, making it the best back brush for acne-prone skin. And featuring two sturdy handles, the shower back scrubber gives you a good grip without getting slippery.
- Improves moisture absorption
- Relaxes the body
- Suitable for acne-prone skin
- Facilitates gentle exfoliation
- Does not help lather soap
Review: According to a tester, “Using the Homedam Silicone Scrubber Kit is like bringing the spa experience to my home. Although a bit on the heavier side, the back scrubber is very effective and does not cause any redness.”
How To Choose The Right Back Scrubber?
Here are some factors you should consider when investing in a back scrubber for a shower.
- Bristles: When a back scrubber features both soft and stiff bristles, it helps in exfoliation as well as cleaning. While softer bristles spread the lather on the skin, stiff bristles target pores and help remove excess oil and dirt build-up.
- Handle: A scrubber with a long and ergonomic handle helps clean every spot on the back without requiring you to stretch your arms. Furthermore, ensure the handle of the scrubber offers a good grip to prevent it from slipping when you use a shower gel or soap and water.
- Material: Certain body scrubbers feature bristles made of synthetic materials, like plastic, which might irritate the skin. It is best to look for a scrubber with nylon or natural bristles to avoid allergies or irritations. The handle should be made using sturdy material, preferably wood or BPA-free material.
What Are The Different Types Of Back Scrubbers?
The following are some common types of back scrubbers that make cleaning the back a cinch.
- Towel-style back scrubber: A towel-style back scrubber generally features a loofah and a microfiber side that help with exfoliation and proper cleaning of the back.
- Silicone back scrubber: Silicone back scrubbers are flexible and soft. They make an effective skin exfoliating tool as they feature longer, denser bristles along with tiny protruding balls that massage your back while reaching the pores for an intense cleaning session.
- Brush scrubber: Brush scrubbers feature a handle, generally made of wood or plastic, and the brush head comes with either double-sided or one-sided bristles that help clean and exfoliate the back. Some brush scrubbers also come with a loofah.
How To Use A Back Scrubber?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to using a back scrubber the right way.
- Wet the back scrubber with water.
- Apply an adequate amount of shower gel or body scrub to the back scrubber.
- When using a silicone or towel back scrubber, use your hands to rub the scrubber to create a rich lather before using it on your back.
- When using a brush scrubber, use it directly on your back. The soap will lather when the scrubber rubs against the skin.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag, the author of this article, is an established writer and researcher who covers fashion, skincare, and hair care segments and curates detailed product reviews. She has listed the best back scrubbers for exfoliation and cleaning based on product specifications and reviews on popular e-commerce websites. She has also highlighted the pros and cons of each product and provided a detailed buying guide with factors to keep in mind when looking for a back scrubber to make your pick easy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a back scrubber easy to grip?
A back scrubber is easy to grip when it features non-slip material or grooves and ridges to prevent it from slipping when you use soap.
2. Does a back scrubber reach all the places of the body?
This largely depends on the design of the back scrubber. When using a towel-style or silicone back scrubber, it should be long enough to cover the entire back. For brush-style scrubbers, the handle should be long enough and have a curved design.
3. Can scrubbers help keep the back clean?
Back scrubbers are skincare essentials to keep the back free of dirt and grime build-up over time and maintain hygiene. They also unclog pores and prevent the formation of bacne.
4. How often should I exfoliate my back?
The number of times you can exfoliate your back differs based on your skin type and the method of exfoliation. However, scrubbing your back for thirty seconds can be enough to remove any dead skin.
5. What is the difference between a brush and a cloth-type back scrubber?
A brush scrubber comes with bristles and can be harsh for certain skin types. On the other hand, cloth scrubs can be molded according to the shape of your back and are gentle on the skin.
6. How often should I replace my back scrubber?
You can change your back scrubber every few months to avoid the growth of bacteria. Replacing the scrubber when it looks worn out can be a good habit, as the sharp bristles or material can hurt the skin on your back.
7. Do silicone back scrubbers work?
Silicone back scrubbers can be an alternative to regular scrubbers as they are softer and may not scratch your back. Silicone can also be easy to clean and may not develop mildew when kept in a moisture-filled bathroom.
People generally overlook the back when taking a shower. However, when you use the best back scrubber, it helps you target hard-to-reach parts of the back. We recommend the Toem Loofah Back Scrubber as it has a long handle that helps reach the back and moves efficiently to exfoliate and get rid of dirt. For added convenience, you may choose the Metene Shower Brush, which has soft and stiff bristles and serves as a cleaning tool and an exfoliator. We also like the Evridwear Exfoliating Back Scrubber With Handles, which has a large surface area for better coverage while cleaning. So, get a well-designed and convenient back scrubber for soft, smooth, and clean skin.
Infographic: How To Scrub Your Back Using A Back Scrubber?
Since reaching back is a little tricky when showering, we often ignore or forget to clean and scrub our backs. This can cause an accumulation of dead skin cells on the back, causing irritation. Explore the simple steps of scrubbing your back in the infographic below to ensure you clean and wash your back properly at every shower.
- Best Back Brushes For Showers
- Best Bath Sponges & Loofahs For Exfoliating Skin
- Best Bathroom Scrubbers
- Best Facial Cleansing Brushes For Easy Use