A back stretcher provides support to your back and helps you improve your posture. Orthopedic back stretchers are quite beneficial for people who have to sit for long hours due to their jobs and could prevent the onset of chronic back pain caused due to a poor posture or injury to the spine.
In this MomJunction post, we list some of the best back stretchers you can find in the market today. Go through the details and pick one that you think could be useful for you.
Top 11 Best Back Stretchers
The back stretcher is made up of wood finish and keeps your back positioned right. This also aids in yoga poses that involve stretching of the back. The bridge-shaped back stretcher is affordable and looks like a classy piece of furniture that also doubles up as a pain-reliever.
- Relieves back pain
- Easy to use and store
- No pillows included
- Wood might not be durable
This is a unique product that can be used anywhere and anytime. The belt provides ample support for your back, no matter where you are sitting, and also keeps your posture in check. Take it to the office, while traveling, or going out with the family, and this will not disappoint you.
- Improves posture
- Provides 24/7 support
- Easy to carry and use
- Wear and sit all-day
- Consult doctor about this before use
- May not support if you have chronic back conditions
You can get instant relief from chronic back pain with a few minutes of acupressure stretches on this back stretcher with a curved design and spikes on the surface. It can also aid in the healing of sciatica pain, chronic back or, spinal stenosis in the long run.
- Can relieve chronic back pain
- Relaxes mind and body
- Recommended by the doctors
- Increases mobility
- Spikes might hurt your back
- May get uncomfortable to stretch for long
The ChiFit Lumbar back stretcher with acupressure can provide relief from the aching back muscles when you stretch your body on it. It lets you effortlessly stretch and exercise the spine and enables it to function properly. It may also aid in improving the posture by relieving you from the lower back pain.
- Relaxes the back muscles and promotes readjustment of spine
- Can stretch the body up and down without difficulty
- Incorporate in daily routine for better result
- Spikes might cause discomfort
The spikes of this acupressure back stretcher massage the backbones and promote blood circulation like, thus relaxing the muscles and relieving you from pain. The device is lightweight, but it may not be easy to lie on it for ling, owing to the spiky surface. A few minutes on it after work can be an excellent way to stretch and relax your body after a long day at work.
- Easy to use and carry along
- Massages the back
- Helps in stretching to relieve pain
- Can break if you put much pressure
- Lumber back extender does not stretch
The back stretcher with spikes provides relief to the stressed nerves and bones near the spine. Ten minutes of the spikes kneading the tense back muscles every day can help you improve posture. Take it to your office and place it on your chair for extended back support. It will keep you fresh all day long and prevent chronic pain.
- Tight Lumber can be loosened
- Lightweight but sturdy
- Use it anywhere
- Not as soft as expected
It is one of the best, arched stretchers that fits everybody. Whether you are tall or heavy, you can get relief from lower back pain with this stretcher. It is an affordable product that you can regularly use at work, just by attaching it to the chair for quick relief from pain and comfortable posture.
- Can easily stretch to different parts
- Firm and comfortable because of the padded cushioning
- Can be used for exercising
- Small, not for tall people
Using this product to stretch your back for just five to ten minutes twice a day can help get relief from chronic back pain, pinched nerves, and spasms. People of all ages can exercise and stretch using this, to get the improved posture and relieve back pain. The device is crack-proof, yet extra pressure must not be put.
- Preventive care for lower back
- Improves posture
- Improves flexibility
- Excessive use might cause back pain
The cushion provides extra support to your back while exercising or stretching, which makes it the best choice for those who suffer from chronic pain. This stretcher can also relieve pain caused due to a slipped disc or pinched nerves. If you have a severe problem, talk to your doctor before you try this.
- Improves posture
- Relieves chronic pain
- Regular use has long-term results
- Memory foam is soft and retains shape to give proper support
- Cushion might hurt your back if not placed properly
This multi-level adjustment device has an arched design that provides comfort to the spine. The device takes no time in assembling and can be used anywhere and at any time.
- Do not put excessive pressure
- Might easily break
This back stretcher provides deep, penetrative, magnetic therapy can make your back healthy and pain-free. Also, this adjustable lumbar extender is one of the best lower back stretchers that makes yoga more enjoyable.
- Easy storage and transportation
- Made of quality material
- Magnetic therapy is very effective
- Can be used on a chair
- Can be adjusted to three different levels for proper extra support
- Arched pieces may bend when you put more pressure
How To Choose The Right Back Stretchers?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a back stretcher for yourself.
- The back stretcher must be comfortable for you to use. The design of the back stretcher plays an important role in improving posture and keeping your back muscles aligned.
- Look for an adjustable orthopedic back stretcher, with different levels that can provide comfort to your spine.
- Weight is an important feature to check. Look for one that can support maximum weight and is lightweight if you want to carry it when you travel.
- The material used for a back stretcher also plays an important role in determining its durability and comfort.
How To Use A Back Stretcher?
- Start with getting settled on the floor and aligning the bony part of your spine on the stretcher, allowing it to relax.
- Lie back slowly and move above on the stretcher and stretch. Keep moving your back and neck on the knobble, if there us one. Knobbles relieve the pain and loosen the stiff muscles.
- For more comfort, you can put a cushion for head support and comfort.
- Stay stable on the back stretcher and do not try to make forced moves.
- Try this for five minutes and not more than that.
What Are The Benefits Of Using The Best Back Stretchers?
Back stretchers have several benefits, of which some are mentioned here.
- Improves posture
- Helps in treating degenerative slip disc
- Loosens tight muscles
- Lower back pain is reduced
- Portable – allows you to exercise back muscles anywhere
What Are The Side Effects Of Back Stretchers?
Back stretchers are considered safe to use for adults and older people, but doctors and physiotherapists advise not to use them if you are pregnant or have a major back or spinal condition. Otherwise, you can use this stretcher after a few warmup exercises that loosen the muscles.
Also, excessive or improper usage of these stretchers can be discomforting, which could worsen the pain in the back. If you develop pain after using these stretches, stop using them, and consult your doctor as soon as possible.
Safety Tips When Using A Back Stretcher
- Do not make forced moves
- Use a cushioned back stretcher for support and comfort
- Use the stretcher for no more than ten minutes, once or twice a day. Excess use can worsen backaches.
- If you have a severe problem, do not use a back stretcher without consulting your doctor
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do back stretchers really work for back pains?
Back stretchers tend to work on improving your posture by creating a space between the vertebrae. They can also counteract the effects of gravity, which often is a reason for chronic pain. Using a back stretcher properly, therefore, could relax your muscles and relieve you from pain.
- How long should you use a back stretcher?
A few minutes a day on the back stretcher can work well for your back. Generally, therapists advise to use it for five to ten minutes, depending upon the condition of the patient.
To have a life free of back problems, get a back stretcher and exercise regularly. Using it for a few minutes daily will improve your posture, as well as free you from all the pain that does not let you sleep.
Hope, this list of best back stretchers helps you choose one that helps. Share your views or suggestions in the comments section below.