Everyone wants a lush green garden with tall trees and flowering plants. So if you’re a nature lover, we have created a list of the best backpack leaf blowers for easy cleaning and picking dried leaves, flowers, and debris.
A backpack leaf blower can be a practical option to clear off a messy yard or a garden area. You need to carry this machine on your back and allow the engine to do all the work for you. This machine can be electric, gas-powered, or battery-operated.
The adjustable straps that securely attach the backpack to your body also help reduce fatigue and the strain on your shoulders. The hands-free option makes it easy to use, and it is helpful if you want a neat and proper backyard or patio to flaunt. Read below and pick one to keep your garden tidy.
Our Top Picks
Types Of Backpack Leaf Blowers
Backpack leaf blowers are of three main kinds.
- Electric: These blowers are powered by electricity and are corded. They are a bit cumbersome and impractical because the machine is on your back, making maneuverability difficult. However, the power source is continuous and even. Therefore, these are ideal for small spaces.
- Battery operated: Blowers are powered by rechargeable batteries made of lithium. Once charged, the batteries provide a stipulated runtime, depending on the size and capacity of the machine. However, battery-operated blowers may not be very powerful, and their power may decrease as the battery drains.
- Gas: Gas-powered blowers are heavier than the other two types. They are more powerful and clean debris more quickly and easily. However, you must change the gas regularly and also clean the tank and tubes. These machines require more maintenance. They are also noisier and may emit some pollution.
11 Best Best Leaf Blower Backpacks
1. Best Gas-Powered: Poulan Pro PR48BT Backpack Leaf Blower
Poulan Pro’s PR48BT model is a gas-powered backpack leaf blower. It houses a 48CC 2-stroke engine with an airflow capacity of 475 cubic feet per minute. The machine weighs 22 pounds and provides comfort and optimal fit without exerting strain on the user. The sturdy frame, 200 miles per hour airspeed, and cruise control feature simplify removing leaves and debris. This video takes you through this product’s details.
- Load-reducing harness
- Variable speed control
- Adjustable straps
- May need a choke to run well
2. Best Environmentally-Friendly: Husqvarna 150BT Professional Gas Backpack Leaf Blower
Husqvarna’s 22.5-pound backpack leaf blower has an airflow capacity of 434 cubic feet per minute. The machine is outfitted with an X-Torq engine that offers improved fuel efficiency and lowers exhaust emissions. You can adjust the length of the blowing tube to improve clearing performance, while the cruise control allows for easier handling and a faster throttle response. In addition, the ergonomic harness evenly distributes weight, reducing fatigue and strain on the back and shoulders. For a more detailed review of this product, here’s a video.
- High airflow
- Strong velocity
- Air purge for easy start
- Variable speed control
- Clears debris and gravel
- It May not be as powerful for heavy loads
3. Best Chargeable: Greenworks Pro Cordless Backpack Leaf Blower
Greenworks Pro’s cordless blower is battery-operated and chargeable. It weighs 14.64 pounds and has a 580 cubic feet per minute airflow capacity. The battery has an 18-minute continuous runtime at high speed, and the motor is designed with advanced brushless technology for increased runtime, torque, and longevity.
The airspeed reaches 145mph, and a trigger activates the speed control. Furthermore, this electric backpack leaf blower has a comfortable grip and control that reduces fatigue. Know more about this product in this video.
- Chargeable battery-powered
- Brushless motor
- Variable speed control
- Turbo mode
- Comfortable grip
- The battery may be hard to remove
4. Best High-Speed: Schröder Industrial Backpack Leaf Blower Model: SR-6400L
Schröder industrial backpack leaf blower, weighing 19.5 pounds, is a gas-powered machine with an airspeed of 230mph and airflow of 920 cubic feet per minute. It is fitted with a 3.7HP motor with a two-stroke engine that requires a fuel mix of 50:1.
- Five-year warranty
- Two-stroke engine
- High speed
- Strong airflow capacity
- Wire tubes may not be durable
5. Best Fuel-Efficient: Makita EB5300TH Backpack Blower
The Makita blower is ideal if you are looking for a backpack blower with a 4-stroke engine because a 52.5cc commercial-duty gas engine powers it. The machine weighs 26.5 pounds and has a low noise level of 70dB. In addition, it is quick and straightforward to start, thanks to the automatic engine decompression.
The shoulder straps are padded and adjustable for maximum comfort and minimum fatigue, while the fuel-efficient blower operates quietly and does not require fuel mixing. It’s easy to use, thanks to the adjustable tubes.
- Commercial duty performance
- Large-capacity air filter
- Tool-less handle adjustment
- May lose power output with time
6. Best Compact: Salem Master Cordless Leaf Blower
Salem Master’s lightweight, cordless leaf blower takes care of all your leaf and debris clearing needs. The backpack blower weighs only five pounds and runs on a lithium battery. The airspeed is limited to 250 miles per hour, and the rotational speed is 20,000rpm. It features variable speeds and a long-lasting copper motor.
The compact design features a curved angle and a rubber-covered handle for easy maneuverability and reduced fatigue. A quick-switch button allows for six-speed settings, and the bee barn keeps the motor from overheating.
- Chargeable battery operated
- Wide application
- Auto-lock system
- Easy storage
- Ergonomic handle
- Battery life may not be great
7. Best Lightweight: LaGinza LGB52 Backpack Leaf Blower
The LaGinza 54cc dual-cycle gas blower is lightweight and has a backpack design. It has an airflow capacity of 530 cubic feet per minute and a maximum airspeed of 248 miles per hour. The certified machine emits no pollution, and the powerful 7200rpm engine allows for a quick start.
The handle is comfortable, the straps and backplate are padded, and a harness hip belt secures the machine to the body without causing too much vibration or fatigue.
- EPA-certified engine
- Reduced vibration
- Improved weight distribution
- Easy starter
- High airspeed
- May not be as strong as expected
8. Best Low-Noise: PX-Trunk Gas Leaf Blower
The PX-Trunk is a four-cycle gas leaf blower with a 76cc engine. It has a capacity of 700 cubic feet per minute of airflow and emits less pollution. The machine features minimal noise and is fuel-efficient, making it ideal for large areas.
It removes leaves, snow, stone, gravel, and debris. Its variable speed and direction control via a single trigger button makes it a straightforward machine to use with minimal fatigue.
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Low noise
- Four-stroke engine
- Hose attachment could have been thicker
9. Best User-Friendly: Wild Badger Power WBBPBL43 Backpack Blower
The Wild Badger Power backpack blower has a two-cycle, gas-powered 43cc engine with 550 cubic feet per minute airflow capacity. At 190mph, airspeed is at its peak. The blower has a user-friendly design that provides power and comfort. Blowing with this machine is a breeze thanks to the easy start engine, cruise control, variable speed throttle, and comfortable straps.
- Variable speed
- Good airspeed
- Powerful motor
- Easy-start engine
- Plastic quality may not be great
10. Best Low-Maintenance: Powerworks Backpack Leaf Blower
Powerworks’ battery-powered backpack leaf blower measures 51.18×14.96×12.2 inches and weighs only 4.59 kilograms. It has an airspeed limit of 140 miles per hour and a turbo boost of 540 CFM. A 60V brushless motor allows for an electric start and extra power without the use of gas. The cruise control setting enables you to maintain your speed without causing fatigue. This blower is also capable of scraping metal debris.
- Turbo boost
- Variable speed
- Rapid charge
- Brushless motor
- Low maintenance
- Battery and charger not included
11. Best With Variable Speed Options: LawnMaster NPTBL31AB No-Pull Backpack Leaf Blower
The LawnMaster blower is a good choice if you are looking for a gas-powered leaf blower. It has a 31cc two-cycle engine with an effortless electric start system, and the 950ml tank size produces an airflow of 470 cubic feet per minute and a maximum airspeed of up to 175mph. In addition, it comes with a rechargeable lithium battery that can provide 150 starts on a single full charge.
An auto-locking cruise control feature and variable speed options offer increased power and longevity, while the adjustable straps alleviate user fatigue. The blower weighs 18.5 pounds.
- Variable speed
- Adjustable shoulder and waist strap
- Auto choke
- Ventilated harness
- Anti-vibration engine
- No battery indicator
How To Choose The Right Backpack Leaf Blower?
Keep the following factors in mind while choosing the right backpack leaf blower.
- Airflow: The greater the airflow through the tube each minute, the more power it generates to blow leaves and debris. The CFM rating can range between 200 CFM for small areas and 700 CFM for larger plots.
- Power source: These blowers can be powered by electricity, a battery, or gas. You can clean more extensive lawns with gas-powered machines and clean smaller gardens and patios with battery or electric engines.
- Motor power: Gas-powered engines are measured in cubic centimeters, while battery-powered engines are measured in volts. Remember that the higher the volt or CC, the more powerful and efficient the blower. Further, you can also get engines in two-stroke or four-stroke configurations.
- Airspeed: Airspeed determines how quickly the area can be cleared. This is measured in miles per hour. A backpack blower should have a top speed of 150 to 200mph for optimal performance.
- Noise: Some blowers can generate a lot of noise. Check the blower’s decibel level. The noise should ideally be less than 65dB.
- Features: Blowers have numerous features such as cruise control, variable speed, adjustable tube length, and adjustable straps. Choose a backpack blower that offers features to make your job easier.
- Weight: This is a critical factor to consider because you will be carrying the blower on your back. A heavy blower will cause pain and fatigue. Therefore, choose a lightweight machine.
- Straps: As the blower will be perched on your shoulders, this is one of the most critical factors to consider. Choose straps that are thick, padded, and adjustable for maximum comfort and minimal pain.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedesto Chirhah is an experienced writer who loves to review electronic, automobile, and household products to make his readers’ lives easier. He has reviewed the best backpack leaf blowers to help you better maintain your garden. He has sifted through various websites and forums to pick products with high ratings. He also included segments on types of backpack leaf blowers and how to choose the right one for your convenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are backpack leaf blowers better than handheld ones?
Backpack blowers have a higher power output than handheld blowers because they have significantly higher power ratings. Besides, they are easier to use with the central unit perched comfortably on the back.
2. Do backpack leaf blowers work on wet leaves?
Yes, they are effective on both wet and dry leaves. The strong airflow and speed easily blow away wet leaves and debris.
If you have a garden or backyard, cleaning all the leaves that have fallen around can be challenging. A backpack leaf blower can come to your rescue. To buy a high-quality leaf blower, look at its power and source as the more powerful it is, the faster it can blow the leaves away. The type of blower depends on the area’s size, but it should not emit a lot of noise to prevent causing a disturbance. Also, ensure the backpack comes with adjustable, padded straps for easy carrying and good battery life for long-lasting use.