A baking pan is a must-have tool, whether you are a professional baker or a newbie. Baking pans come in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and materials and can be used for various requirements, from baking cakes and cookies to roasting veggies and defrosting meat. It is not just the right ingredients and oven temperature that matter, but for your recipes to be successful, using a piece of good-quality baking equipment is equally important.
So if you are planning to buy your first-ever baking tray or looking to replace your old warped or dented pans, MomJunction has got you covered. Scroll through our list of the 15 best baking pans and pick the one (or more) that’s perfect for your needs.
15 Best Baking Pans Of 2020
One of the best sheet pans in the market today, this 2-piece half sheet tray set is an excellent choice whether it is your favorite chocolate chip cookies or butter biscuits that you want to bake or you’re leaning towards savory sheet pancakes. These silver baking pans are made of pure aluminum, so rest assured that they are durable and won’t rust no matter how many times you use or hand-wash them. Plus, both the pans are of the same dimensions.
- Aluminum offers superior heat conductivity
- Will uniformly bake and brown foods
- Can be used with parchment paper or silicone baking mats
- Features a reinforced galvanized steel rim that prevents warping
- Oversized edges provide a secure grip
- May get discolored
- May be difficult to clean
What makes Rachael Ray Nonstick Bakeware Set stand out from the rest of the baking trays on our list is that you get 3 baking sheets of different sizes. The package comprises small, medium, and large sheets that gives you the convenience of choosing the right sized sheet based on your baking needs. Each pan is made of steel and features a non-stick coating that makes them durable, while also ensuring the smooth release of food from the pans.
- The non-stick feature makes it easy to clean
- Gray pan with unique sea salt gray silicone grips on both sides
- Extra-wide handles offer good grip
- Oven safe up to 500°F
- The silicone handle may not be heat-resistant
From the makers of some of the best baking and decorating tools comes this donut baking pan. The package comes as a 2-piece set that measures 12.5 x 8 inches and features 6 cavities in each. If donuts are your family’s favorite breakfast staple every weekend, then it is best to invest in these pans – you can make half or full dozen regular-sized donuts at once. Moreover, baked donuts are any day healthier than the deep-fried ones!
- Made of stainless steel
- Comes with non-stick coating ensures easy removal of donuts
- Easy to clean
- Safe to use in the oven in temperature up to 450°F
- The non-stick coating may not be long-lasting
If you love baking bread and pound cakes, what you need is a good loaf pan, well, of course, aside from the correct measurements of ingredients. This small Pullman loaf pan measures 9 x 4 inches and will give you perfectly baked loaves of bread every single time, thanks to the unique corrugated surface of the pan that distributes heat evenly and promotes airflow. Made with aluminum steel, this baking pan features patented AMERICOAT PLUS non-stick silicone coating that ensures easy release of baked goods from the pan.
- Sturdy and durable heavy-gauge steel
- The rim features steel wire that resists warping
- Comes with a sliding lid cover that ensures uniform rising of the bread dough
- Food doesn’t stick to the pan
- Easy to clean with hot water and mild soap
- PTFE, PFOA, and BPA-free
- The lid may be difficult to slide
A sheet pan and a wire rack are 2 of the most important baking equipment that every baker should have in their kitchen arsenal. This half-sheet pan and cooling rack duo is made of commercial-grade, heavy-gauge aluminized steel. The wire rack features a crosswire design, and 6 raised feet that provide stability and help cool baked goods faster. It is also used along with the sheet pan for roasting.
- The baking pan comes with a fluted design the enables airflow while baking
- Helps baked goods cook evenly
- Features AMERICOAT PLUS non-stick coating
- Facilitates quick release of food
- Easy to clean
- BPA, PTFE, and PFOA-free
- The non-stick coating may be too thin
Whether you want to take your casseroles or cakes on the road or just want to keep dish-washing to a minimum, this baking pan will come handy. It is made of steel and non-stick coating that ensures durability and quick and easy cleanup. This is a 13 x 9 inch rectangular pan that can also be used as a bake and serve pan.
- Ensures easy release of food
- Come with a clear plastic lid
- Easy-to-hold wide handles
- Can also be hand-washed
- Lightweight and easy to use
- May rust quickly when washed in the dishwasher
Did you know your pressure cookers can also bake cakes? If you are hunting for a great pan to bake cakes in your cooker, give this Instant Pot Round Cake Pan a try. This gray 7-inch cake baking pan is made of steel and comes with a non-stick coating that prevents baked treats from sticking to the pan. From cooking to baking and storing to reheating, this pan can be used for varied purposes.
- Multifunctional metal baking pan
- Designed for Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Suitable for 6 and 8-quart cookers
- May only be compatible with Instant Pot brand cookers
Every time you bake cookies, do they always end up with a burnt bottom? But you know your oven temperature and ingredients aren’t faulty. Then it’s time to replace your cookie baking tray with this half sheet pan by OXO. Made with heavy-gauge aluminized steel, this pan ensures even distribution of heat. It measures 13 x 18 inches, which is big enough to bake large batches of cookies. This baking pan also features 2 layers of Swiss-engineered superior coating, which protects against scratches and stains.
- Ceramic-coated baking pan
- The edges feature a square-rolled design for secure grip
- Micro-textured pattern increases airflow
- Prevents food from sticking to the pan
- Can also be used to make sheet cakes, roast veggies, and meat
- The baking sheet may warp
Circulon bakeware set is a 2-piece baking sheet constructed from durable heavy-gauge carbon steel that allows for excellent heat conductivity. One of the best baking pan sets, each pan, features a non-stick coating that ensures smooth and quick release of your baked goods, and the rolled-rim design around the pan prevents warping due to temperature changes. From baking sheet cakes to roasting vegetables, these same-size baking pans allow you to bake and cook anything with ease.
- PFOA, cadmium, and lead-free metal baking pans
- They are oven safe up to 450°F
- Wide handles provide a comfortable grip
- Inside and outside of the pans have non-stick coating
- May be difficult to clean
Chicago Metallic Bakeware Set that includes 3 round cake baking pans is ideal for home bakers who want to try their hands at making layer cakes. Each baking pan is measured differently – 6, 7, and 8 inches – making it easy for you to bake 3 cakes at one go rather than baking them separately. Made of carbon steel, this baking pan ensures heat is evenly distributed throughout, which is an advantage when it comes to baking the perfect cakes. It is recommended that the pans are hand-washed for them to last for longer.
- Each pan is 2 inches tall
- Suitable for all oven types
- Evenly disperses the weight of the batter
- BPA-free and food-safe non-stick coating
- Ensures easy release of food
- The dark-colored pan tends to brown the bottom of the cakes
This baking sheet set by Rachel Ray is ideal for any baking/cooking, from whipping up your favorite biscuits to crisping up meat. This baking sheet is made of heavy-gauge steel for long-lasting benefits and features rolled-rim edges that may prevent warping. As an added bonus, this latte brown baking tray comes with a removable perforated crisping insert that allows heat to circulate the baked goods when in the oven. Also, the pan can be used without the insert.
- Oven safe up to 450°F
- Comes with non-stick coating for quick food removal and easy cleanup
- Features heat-safe, cranberry-red silicone handle grip
- The handle is comfortable to hold with oven mitts and potholders
- The coating may peel off after several uses
- May warp at the highest temperature
This is one of the best pans for baking not only cookies but also a variety of other treats such as hand pies and mini loaves. This baking pan set comes with a sheet pan and silicone baking mat. The pan is made with commercial-grade aluminum, while the mat is made of durable fiberglass mesh – both of which are capable of withstanding extreme cold and high heat temperatures. This is a full-size pan that measures 18 x 26 inches and can be used to make huge batches of perfect baked goods!
- The non-stick mat prevents food from sticking to the pan
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Includes a heavy-duty wire in the rim for sturdiness
- The mat is BPA-free and food-grade
- The pan resists warping and bending
- Hand wash recommended
- The pan may not be scratch-resistant
Look no further than this if you are planning to give bakeware set to someone who enjoys baking. With the help of this premium, baking pans set, you can bake anything – pizzas, cakes, muffins, pies, bread, you name it. This 10-piece set features pans of different sizes and shapes, including round and square baking pans, cookie sheet, muffin pans, loaf pan, and perforated pizza pan. All the baking pans are made of heavy-duty carbon steel metal, which is durable, heatproof, and 100% non-stick.
- The pans are safe to use at high temperatures of up to 450°F
- Works well in standard and convection ovens
- Scratch and stain-resistant
- Features heatproof silicone handles
- Microwave and freezer-friendly
- May not be dishwasher-safe
Made from durable, high-performance steel, this baking sheet or cooking tray is stylish and functional at the same time. This copper red baking pan measures 11 x 17 inches and features a diamond-textured surface with non-stick coating. Rest assured, your sweet and savory bakes will evenly bake, brown, and release quickly. Plus, it can tolerate oven temperatures up to 450°F and is recommended to be hand washed.
- Comes with extended, taller edges for convenient handling
- Prevents food from sticking
- Easy to use and clean
- May rust if used in the dishwasher regularly
This baking pan is ideal for bars, sheet cakes, biscuits, pizzas, catching drips from roasted meat and vegetables, and more. It is made of 100% brushed stainless steel, which makes it durable and resistant to warping or bending. Constructed without aluminum fillers and chemical coating, you can be sure that the food prepared in this pan is safe to consume. It also has the ability to withstand the temperature of up to 445°F and is safe to keep in the refrigerator and freezer.
- Heavy gauge metal baking pan
- Prevents food from sticking
- Features a non-toxic rimmed border
- Allows plenty of airflow and provides even heat distribution
- The non-stick coating may not be durable
Given below are a few factors to consider when buying a baking pan.
A Guide To Choose The Best Baking Pan
- Material: Baking pans come in a variety of materials – the most common ones being aluminum, stainless steel, aluminized steel, and Carbon steel. All these materials have excellent heat conductivity, which distributes heat throughout the pan for uniform baking. While some may withstand high temperatures, others may feature warp and rust-resistant properties. Therefore, it’s essential to understand each material’s properties before purchasing a baking pan.
- Size and shape: The size of the baking pan varies depending on the size of your oven. So always consider the cooking capacity and the external measurements of the pan to find out whether it is the right model for your oven. Plus, baking pans come in different shapes, so choose the one that aligns with your baking needs.
- Color: Most people don’t take into account the color of the baking pans while buying one. But it is one of the most important features. The color is not just a decorative factor, but it determines how your baked goods turn out. While dark-colored sheets heat up quickly and absorb more heat, light-colored ones take time to heat up. Depending on what you choose, you need to adjust your bake time accordingly.
- Handle design: Whether you use oven mitts or not, an ergonomically designed handle is an essential part of a baking pan. It makes transferring pans in and out of the pans convenient. That said, cake pans don’t usually come with a handle.
- Ease of cleaning: To ensure your pans last for long, you have to clean them after every use. Baking pans that come with non-stick coating are easy to wash by hand, using water and a mild liquid detergent. But if you have a dishwasher, you can always opt for a dishwasher-safe pan.
- Additional features: Some baking pans come in a set. A few may include a lid or a rack. Select a pan that comes with the features you are looking for.
Baking pans are a necessity whether you bake every day or only on occasions. To get perfectly baked cakes or cookies, you need to have the right ingredients and use the correct measurements and bake at an ideal temperature. But that’s not all! By now, you must have realized that a high-quality baking pan has a vital role to play for how your baked treats come out. That’s why we compiled a list of the 15 best baking pans of 2020. Have you tried any of these baking pans? Which is your most favorite? Let us know in the comments below!