Children love to jump, but sometimes they fall. And when they land on a hard surface, they get hurt. You can prevent this by letting them jump as much as they want inside a ball pit.
A ball pit is a padded pool filled with softballs of different colors. Kids can bounce and hop and skip in this pit, and you would not have to worry about them getting hurt. Ball pits come in different shapes, sizes, and colors.
In this MomJunction post, we tell you how to pick the right kind of ball pit for your kids, while also listing some of the best ball pits you can consider buying for them.
19 Best Ball Pits For Kids
Do you want a simple ball pit? Or the one with bells and whistles? Read on to check out the list and pick one that your children will love.
1. Likorlove Kid Ball Pit with Basketball Hoop
This huge ball pit is like a mini playground to keep your little one engaged and happy.
- Its pop-up design makes setting it up easy. You can set it up indoors and outdoors.
- Its frame is supported by a steel wire that is covered with woven fabric to make the structure strong and sturdy.
- It comes in a cute ocean theme and with a basketball hoop. The balls, however, are not included in this package.
- It is made of polyester, which makes it safe and durable. It can be wiped clean with a cloth to maintain hygiene even after frequent use.
- It is lightweight, foldable, and portable.
2. Kiddzery 3pc Kids Play Tent Crawl Tunnel and Ball Pit with Basketball Hoop
This ball pit is a complete playhouse where kids can slide and jump without hurting themselves.
- It comes in an attractive polka dot theme and includes a tent, a crawl tunnel, a basketball hoop, and a ball pit.
- This foldable tent is simple to set up, can be easily dismantled, and put in a bag to be carried anywhere easily.
- All items are made following USA CPSC toy safety guidelines.
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Suitable for kids of all ages and also pets.
3. Playz 5pc Children’s Playhouse Popup Tents, Tunnels, and Basketball Hoop
This massive 5-piece playhouse is almost every child’s dream. It is bright, attractive, and fun to play with.
- It includes play tents, tunnels, and a ball pit with a basketball hoop.
- It also comes with a lightweight zipper bag that ensures safe storage and transfer of the structure.
- Every item is manufactured as per the standards set by the USA CPSC toy safety guidelines. It is free of lead, latex, phthalates, and BPA.
- The tents and tunnels are made of soft fabric, while the windows are made of breathable mesh, for the child’s safety and comfort.
4. Kiddey 3pc Kids Play Tent Crawl Tunnel and Ball Pit Set
Keeping kids busy gets easier with this three-piece ball pit set.
- It comes with an instruction manual to help set up the structure and a carrying case for safe storage and transport.
- It comes with a play tent, tunnel, and a ball pit.
- Every playhouse item is made according to the US CPSC toy safety guidelines for the kids’ safety.
- It contains four ground stakes to keep the playhouse stable when playing outdoors.
- Suitable for kids of all ages and also for little dogs.
5. UTEX 3-in-1 Pop Up Play Tent with Tunnel, Ball Pit
It is a colorful ball pit set made of sturdy material for durability.
- It comes with a square tent, a tunnel, and a teepee house.
- The tents come with mesh windows, so it easy to keep an eye on your kids and also ensure their complete safety.
- It comes in a lightweight carry bag so you can set it up quickly and fold it and store it when not in use.
- It is suitable for both boys and girls above the age of one year.
6. Playz Ball Pit, Play Tent and Tunnels for Kids, Gift for Toddler Boys & Girls
This huge 7-piece ball pit set for little kids is what never-ending fun means.
- It contains three play tents, three tunnels, and a ball pit.
- Its pop-up mechanism makes assembling it and folding it up in its compact carrying case super quick and easy.
- Tunnels come with easy locks, so attaching and detaching them is convenient.
- All items meet the CPSC and ASTM toy safety standards so your kids can have safe playing experience.
- Suitable for girls and boys of all ages.
7. Playz 3pc Girls Princess Fairy Tale Castle Play Tent, Crawl Tunnel & Ball Pit w/ Pink Prairie Design
Looking for a playhouse specially designed for your little princess? Then look no further than this pretty pink, castle-themed ball pit.
- The set consists of a tent with a sunroof, a crawl tunnel, and a ball pit to play basketball.
- It is lightweight and simple to assemble. It comes in a compact carry bag that makes it portable.
- It is manufactured keeping in mind the US CPSC toy safety guidelines. It is free of lead, latex, phthalates, & BPA.
- It is highly durable and safe for kids and pets.
8. Kiddzery 4pc Kids Play tent Pop Up Ball Pit
This huge ball pit can be an ideal choice for older and bigger kids.
- It is a four-piece set that contains a square playing tent, a triangular house play tent, and two crawl tunnels.
- It can be assembled any way you want. The tunnels come with spring connectors so that the tents can be attached from all openings.
- Both the tents have flap windows so your kids can enjoy playing in it even on a hot summer day. It also comes with stakes to keep it stable outdoors.
- It is made of mesh fabric and is free of BPA, phthalates, and latex.
9. Liberty Imports Pop Up Play Tent Ball Pit Playhut – Indoor Outdoor Rainbow Playpen for Kids
This hexagon-shaped ball pit is a simple tent to fill with balls so your child can enjoy playing on their own.
- Made of polyester non-woven fabric, this ball pit is durable and easy to clean.
- It comes with a zipper case for storage and transfer.
- Its twist-up technology helps to make the tent stand in a jiffy with hardly any efforts.
- Suitable for kids aged three years and above.
10. Playz 3pc Rocket Ship Astronaut Kids Play Tent, Tunnel, & Ball Pit with Basketball Hoop
Kids who are fascinated by space travel might just love this ball pit set, as it has a unique and attractive astronomy theme.
- This set includes a castle tent, a crawl tunnel, and a basketball pit sans the balls. The ball pit also has a hoop for your kids to play with.
- Its soft, padded fabric with mesh windows makes it comfortable and safe for your kids. All the components of the set have been created as per the US CPSC toy safety guidelines.
- The tents and tunnels can be used individually or as a set, connected through the tunnel with Velcro connectors.
- Suitable for boys and girls up to the age of nine years.
11. Playz Ball Pit Princess Castle Play Tents for Girls w/ Glow in The Dark Stars & 50 Balls
This pink ball pit not only looks beautiful during the day but also at night when the stars in it light up.
- It pops open in a blink of the eye. The set includes 50 balls.
- The star and heart designs glow in the dark, making it all the more attractive.
- It is foldable, lightweight, and easily transportable in its zipper carry bag.
- It can be used indoors and outdoors. It is most suitable for little girls.
12. 5pc Kids Ball Pit Tents and Tunnels, Toddler Jungle Gym Play Tent with Play Crawl Tunnel Toy
If your budget is on the higher side, then you can consider this premium ball pit set.
- It contains two tents, two tunnels, and a ball pit. The ball pit comes with a basketball hoop while the tent comes with a Velcro dart game attached to it. It also includes three Velcro balls.
- This colorful set is easy to assemble and store in its compact storage bag. It is lightweight and can be taken anywhere.
- It is made as per the CPSC toy safety standards. The material used is soft polyester fabric, and the frame is supported by thick steel wiring, so the structure stays sturdy.
- It is suitable for kids up to the age of six years.
13. FoxPrint Basketball Ball Pit
Put your child jump in this big ball pit, and they’ll be occupied for hours playing with colorful balls.
- Quick to assemble and wrap up, this ball pit comes with a basketball hoop to improve your child’s hand and eye coordination.
- The manufacturers have used non-toxic paint, so it is safe for your kids to play in.
- It is waterproof and easy to wipe clean.
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
14. EocuSun Children Kids Play Tent Tents And Ball Pit
If you are looking for a budget-friendly ball pit, then you can have a look at this multicolored polka dot ball pit tent.
- It is shaped like a hexagon and has a polka dot design.
- It is lightweight and easy to fold and store in its zipper storage case.
- The mesh windows at the side allow you to see what your child is doing inside.
- Its non-toxic paint and easy to wipe clean texture makes it hygienic for kids to play.
- It is suitable for kids above six months of age.
15. Sunba Youth Kids Play Tent, Crawl Tunnel and Ball Pit, Pop Up Playhouse
This bright and vibrant ball pit set makes playing a lot more delightful and fun.
- This multipurpose playset comes with a play tent, a tunnel, and a big ball pit.
- To open in a pop-up style, so you do not have to spend time assembling it. It can be folded flat and stored in a bag.
- Its soft, thick fabric and breathable mesh ensure good ventilation.
- It is ideal for BBQ parties, sleepovers, picnics, or just everyday play. It is suitable for kids aged six months and above.
16. Eocol Kids Ball Pit Large Pop-Up Ball Pit Tent for Toddlers
This cute and bright ball pit is budget-friendly and also ideal for little kids who love playing with colorful balls.
- It comes with a basketball hoop and is available in two different color combinations.
- The ball pit easily pops open and folds flat for storage in a zipper bag.
- It has passed the US CPSC toy safety standards and is a safe option for little kids.
- It is suitable for girls and boys aged one year and above.
17. EWONDERWORLD 40” Kids Rainbow Pop-Up Hexagon Ball Pit Playpen with Carrying Tote Bag
When on a budget and looking for a good quality ball pit, then this colorful ball pit playpen may be a good idea.
- It is a multicolored ball pit that comes in a carry bag.
- Its non-toxic, breathable polyester material is easy to clean and lasts for a long time.
- The mesh windows give a clear view of what your kids are up to.
- It is suitable for kids aged between three and 12 years.
18. PLAY 10 Ball Pit Comes Together with 50 Balls
A cute jungle-themed ball pit with extra balls is an ideal option for the adventurous kids.
- This pop-up tent comes with 50 BPA-free balls.
- It does not require any assembling as it is quick to open and setup.
- It is lightweight, sturdy, and portable.
- It is suitable for kids aged three years and above.
19. EWONDERWORLD 2 Pc Polka Dot Theme Pop Up Ball Pit Kids Play Tent & Tunnel With Carrying Bag
This Two-piece ball pit playhouse is a great way to keep your kids busy while you tend to your regular chores.
- It contains a crawl tunnel and a twist play tent. The vibrant polka-dot theme makes it attractive for kids.
- Both the items are made of non-toxic, breathable polyester material that makes ventilation and cleaning easy.
- It can be assembled and dismantled in no time and thereafter stored safely in its polka dot zipper bag.
- It is suitable for kids aged from three to 12 years.
Points To Consider Before Buying A Ball Pit
- Weight: Every ball pit is designed to suit children of a specific age group. The measurement of these ball pits is decided according to the average weight and size of these kids. The manufacturer mentions these measurements of the product, along with the age group it is suitable for, on the packaging. Check for these details on the product before buying it.
- Accessories: Ball pits can come either in a single piece like a tent or with additional attachments such as play tents, tunnels, basketball hoops, and so on. The more the number of accessories, the more is the fun. You can make your choice based on your budget, available space, and preference.
- Material: Purchase a ball pit that meets the toy safety guidelines. Pick one made from materials that are non-toxic and BPA-free. Buying good quality products from a good brand always pays off in the long run. Also, ensure that the material is easy to wash and clean.
- Storage and transfer: Ensure that the ball pit comes with a zipper storage bag, so it is easy for you to store it as well as travel with it when out on a picnic or a family vacation.
Playing in a pit filled with colorful balls can be visually stimulating. It can also help promote children’s color and shape recognition, creativity, and imagination. Most importantly, a ball pit can keep the child active in a single place, engaging them for a long time.
Which ball pit do you think you would want to add to your shopping cart? Do tell us about your choice in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.