We have all had that moment of panic when we wonder if our bust is exposed to the world because our strapless bra has decided to roll down. If you have a large bust, this problem is exacerbated. Fortunately, the best bandeau bras for a large bust are made of stretchy fabric, usually nylon and spandex, that contours to your curves while offering you all the comfort and support you could dream of.
So if you are specially endowed in the chest area, you need a bandeau bra that will stay in place no matter what. There’s nothing stopping you from wearing strappy or off shoulder dresses any more.
Jodie Filogomo, a style consultant and fashion blogger, says, “Bandeau bras are pretty versatile. They can be worn as a top under an oversized blazer or jacket for that chic and classy look. You can also wear them under shirts or pair them with your high-waist jeans.”
We hope our review of the best bandeau bras for a large bust will help you find the perfect bra of your dreams.
- 1 Best For Workouts Aoxjox Bandeau Sports Bra Aoxjox $25.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $25.99 ON AMAZON
- 2 Best Strapless TheMogan Seamless Bandeau Bra Themogan $16.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $16.99 ON AMAZON
- 3 Best Supportive Delimira Seamless Underwire Minimizer Bandeau Bra Delimira $27.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $27.99 ON AMAZON
- 4 Best For Teens Malibu Sugar Bandeau Tube Top Bra Malibu Suga $9.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $9.99 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best Hook-Free Coobie Lace Bandeau Bra Coobie $13.68 ON AMAZON Read More › $13.68 ON AMAZON
- 6 Best Machine-Washable Ahh By Rhonda Shear Angel Seamless Underwire Bandeau Bra Rhonda Shear $17.89 ON AMAZON Read More › $17.89 ON AMAZON
- 7 Best Wireless Carole Martin Strapless Bras Carole Martin $18.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $18.99 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best Padded Chantelle Soft Stretch Padded Bandeau Chantelle $48 ON AMAZON Read More › $48 ON AMAZON
- 9 Best Hybrid Maidenform Strapless Bandeau Bra Maidenform PRICE ON AMAZON Read More › PRICE ON AMAZON
- 10 Best Non-Padded Felina Paramour Body Smooth Seamless Bra Felina $32 ON AMAZON Read More › $32 ON AMAZON
13 Best Bandeau Bras For A Large Bust
1. Best For Workouts:Aoxjox Bandeau Sports Bra
Aoxjox’s bandeau sports bra is designed for comfort and offers excellent support and coverage. The soft, stretchy nylon and spandex blend makes the bra breathable, moisture-wicking, and stretchable, keeping you dry, cool, and comfortable during even the most intense workouts. In addition, the adjustable straps of this sports bandeau bra allow you to customize the fit for maximum support.
- Available in a wide range of colors and sizes
- Lightweight and skin-friendly
- No underwire for additional support
- May not be washing machine friendly
2. Best Strapless:TheMogan Seamless Bandeau Bra
This seamless bandeau bra top is a perfect addition to any wardrobe and complements off-shoulder dresses. The bra top is comfortable and stretchy and offers a perfect fit as it uses a blend of 92% nylon and 8% spandex. The strapless and seamless design ensures it is invisible under any clothing. In addition, the bandeau style provides a smooth, sleek look, eliminating unsightly bulges or lines.
- No pad and no wire
- Straight neckline
- Machine washable
- Available in multiple colors and sizes
- May not be true to size
- Fabric may be slightly see-through
3. Best Supportive:Delimira Seamless Underwire Minimizer Bandeau Bra
An incredibly comfortable and supportive bandeau bra for large busts, it’s designed with 82% polyamide and 18% spandex and gives you the advantage of a strapless bra and a wonderful minimizer. It has an exquisite floral lace cover over the seamless and underwire cups, which doesn’t show up under your clothing. This silicone-free bra features a unique elastic that ensures your strapless bra stays in place without leaving ugly, red welts under your bust. Its smooth fabric reduces bulkiness and has a minimizing effect. An extremely versatile bra, it has removable and adjustable straps for a customized fit and is especially suitable for women with DD cups and higher. It gives the required lift to big-busted women while visually minimizing their bust profile.
- Non-padded cups
- Mesh wings with side bone
- Can be worn in four different ways
- Band at the back might not be wide enough
- May run small
4. Best For Teens:Malibu Sugar Bandeau Tube Top Bra
The Malibu Sugar tube top bra is a versatile and stylish piece of lingerie, especially for young teenage girls. This seamless bralette is strapless, stretchable, comfortable to wear, and provides a snug fit. The solid bold monochromatic theme makes it suitable for pairing with a variety of bottoms. In addition, it is perfect for a night out or beach events.
- Suitable for off-shoulder garments
- Eliminates the risk of bra-induced shoulder pain
- Can be worn as a top or under clothing
- Easy to wear pull-on design
- May have a weak elastic band
- Some colors may be see-through
5. Best Hook-Free:Coobie Lace Bandeau Bra
The strapless and lace-adorned cube bandeau bra by Coobie features a ribbed elastic band to ensure a snug fit. The lace coverage cube design adds a touch of elegance and femininity, while the bandeau style provides good support and coverage. Moreover, the soft satin bandeau has a no-pocket design, thus adhering to your natural form gracefully.
- No underwire
- Hook-free closure
- Machine washable in a laundry bag
- Anti-slip design
- May not provide adequate lift
- Size may run small
6. Best Machine-Washable:Ahh By Rhonda Shear Angel Seamless Underwire Bandeau Bra
This award-winning bandeau bra for large busts stays up without the horrible uni-boob look and contours itself to your shape for the most comfortable fit possible. Its many features include center front ruching, underwire support, seamless, smooth, stretchable fabrication, a wide band around the back, and no hook and eyes. Its knit-in targeted support and underwire provide that extra lift in this full-coverage bandeau bra so required by women with large busts. Crafted with 92% nylon and 8% spandex, it’s available in sizes from XS to large and 1X to 3X. It can be machine-washed in cold water and tumble-dried at a low speed. So you can say goodbye to unseemly bulges, straps that cut into your skin, and a bra that rides up or slips down.
- Pull-on closure
- Comes in various colors
- May not be suitable to wear for heavy exercises
- May be a little see-through
7. Best Wireless:Carole Martin Strapless Bras
Carole Martin’s strapless bra is made from comfortable and breathable microfiber material. The floral bandeau bra has a hook-and-eye closure to keep the bra in place and is an ideal match for those summer dresses, blouses, or off-shoulder clothes. In addition, you no longer have to worry about uncomfortable wires digging into your skin or pads falling out, as this bra has no pads or wires. Moreover, the bra has a cute lace pattern on the front to jazz up all your scoop neck outfits.
- Floral lace trim
- Multi-directional stretch
- Adjustable closure
- Easy to wear and take off
- Available in multiple sizes
- May not be true to size
- Material may not be crease-proof
8. Best Padded:Chantelle Soft Stretch Padded Bandeau
Chantelle’s bandeau is made of a mix of polyester and elastane to give it a comfortable yet stretchy feel. Although padded, the slightly sheer bandeau is entirely seamless to prevent bumps and creases on your outfits. In addition, the bandeau’s soft foam padding provides additional support to the bust and gives it a lifted appearance. Adding to the comfort factor is the lack of wires and an easy-pull closure that leaves no space for metals to dig into the skin.
- Anti-slip material
- 360-degree SoftStretch fabric
- Machine wash friendly
- Quick-drying and moisture-wicking
- Provides an invisible bra look
- Material might be a bit thin
- Limited color options
9. Best Hybrid:Maidenform Strapless Bandeau Bra
Maidenform’s hybrid bra has a seamless, molded design that provides a smooth look to all kinds of clothing. Its pull-over bandeau design and removable straps ensure a snug fit, and the mix of cotton and spandex makes it breathable, stretchy, and anti-slip. Moreover, the bra’s soft and delicate padding gives the wearer a natural yet lifted look, and the lack of wires and metal hooks makes this cotton bandeau an ideal choice for people with sensitive skin.
- Machine wash friendly
- Pull-on closure
- Seamless finish
- Available in multiple sizes and colors
- Straps may not stay in place
- Cups may run small
10. Best Non-Padded:Felina Paramour Body Smooth Seamless Bra
Felina’s Paramour Body Smooth seamless underwire bandeau bra is a versatile and comfortable option for everyday wear. Made of a mix of nylon and spandex, the bra is cozy and stretchy. Its smooth, seamless, non-padded design offers all your fancy clothes a sleek and flattering look. In addition, the bra has no uncomfortably digging attachments such as pads and straps, making it ideal for people with different bust sizes.
- Has a 360-degree stretch
- Flexible knitting for easy wearing
- Underwire for added support and lift
- Available in various colors and sizes
- Might run a size small
- Some might find the material to be sheer
11. Best Seamless:Kurve Seamless Bandeau Tube Top
Kurve Seamless Bandeau tube top is comfy and strapless with a trendy cropped top design, secured ribbed bands, and compression for added support. The seamless tube top provides a secure, well-fitted look so that you don’t have to bother about bra straps digging into your shoulders and causing discomfort. And since it is breathable and moisture-wicking, you can wear it as daily wear or during workouts and special occasions. It also works as a maternity bandeau bra for new moms.
- Pull-on closure
- Smart four-way stretch
- Ultra-comfortable fit
- UV protective fabric
- Available in multiple color options
- May be slightly sheer
- Might be a tad too stretchy
12. Best Wireless:Fashion Forms Women’s Bandeau Bra
Fashion Forms Women’s bandeau bra made of nylon and spandex gives you excellent support and fit with its wireless, seamless cups. The pull-over style bra has sewn-in loops to attach the straps and is double-layered for extra coverage. And since it’s breathable, you can mix and match it with any outfit to remain comfy all day long.
- Optional shoulder straps
- Removable padding
- Snug fit
- Suitable for daily wear
- Available in multiple sizes
- May not offer full coverage
- May run a size large
13. Best Elegant:ToBeInStyle Women’s Ruched Bandeau Tube Bra
ToBeInStyle women’s ruched bandeau tube bra has a simple yet elegant design and offers a great fit for both regular and plus-size women. This pull-on bra has a cinched center and seamless padding, making it suitable for wear under strapless crop tops and dresses. Additionally, its removable shaping pads and ruched center create an excellent fitted style for you to flaunt on any occasion.
- Removable shaping pads
- Ideal for layering under strapless clothes
- Snug fit
- Also suitable as a plus-size bandeau
- Choose from a single or multi pack of three
- May run small
- May not be suitable for heavy busts
How To Choose The Right Bandeau Bra For A Large Bust?
Here are a few guidelines you should follow while choosing one for yourself so that you have the required support and comfort, and never have to worry about what you are wearing again.
- Measure your size: Bandeau bras are designed to fit snugly and contour your body, so your regular bra size might seem a bit tight. It totally depends on whether you are comfortable or need to get a size up. Constantly adjusting your bra can get rather annoying and definitely doesn’t add to the chic look, and this usually means the band is too big. Bandeau bras that have an elastic silicone piece at the back and on the sides of the cups will give you maximum support.
For a good fit, 80% of the support should come from the band, and 20% from the straps. If you lift your arms, there should be no gap between the underwire and your rib cage. There should also be no gap between the breast and cup, and no extra fabric below the bust. If your straps are slipping all the time, the underwire is cutting into your skin, and the cups are loose and gaping, you have the wrong size.
- Fabric: It’s a misnomer that heavy fabrics are the only way to get good support if you have a large bust. Lace and mesh bandeau bras are now available that give you all the structure and comfort you need. Spandex and nylon, or a blend of the 2, also do a wonderful job. The fabric should offer good wing support, and should be well-designed and strong to hold up a larger bust.
- Detachable straps: A bandeau bra is not meant to have straps, but it’s always a good idea to have the option of detachable straps as it adds to the versatility of the bra. For example, if you decide to wear a one-shoulder top, one of the straps can be attached to the bra for additional support. Some bras come with an additional pair of straps— a matching pair and a transparent pair.
- Silicon lining for grip: A bandeau bra is required to provide proper support and lift and hold your bust up. It is extremely embarrassing, not to say uncomfortable, if your bra lacks proper grip and slides down as you go about your work. A bandeau bra which features a silicone lining at the upper edge of the bra grips the skin and gives you the assurance that your bra is not going to slip down.
- Broad clasping band: A broad clasping band ensures that your breasts don’t sag, especially since there are no straps to hold them up. Especially if you have a large and heavy bust, a broad clasping band goes a long way in supporting and lifting your breasts. 80% of support to your bust comes from the band, so it should fit uniformly from front to back and not slip when you raise your arms. The band should lie flat on your back— if it shifts, it means it’s too big. It’s a good idea to wear your bra on the loosest hook in the beginning so that, as the band loosens over time, you can tighten it.
- Coverage and cup size: The coverage would depend on the correct cup size. The correct cup size would give a snug fit, and the right coverage of the bust so that you get a good shape and it looks smooth. The cups should have a smooth fit without causing an overflow, gaping, or digging into the breasts. If there is bulging, it usually means the cup is too small. The material between the 2 cups, called the gore, should lie flat on the center chest bone. If your bra has an underwire, it should follow the perimeter of the breast and lie on the rib cage.
- Padding: The padding in a bandeau bra is extremely important as it gives a good shape to your breasts. They can be lightly or heavily padded and should prevent the nipples from showing through clothes.
- More hooks: Larger breasts require more support, especially when there are no straps to give additional support. The best bandeau bras for a large bust should have a wider band and more hooks for support, and to ensure a comfortable and snug fit.
- Boning on the sides: These are the plastic or metal inserts on the band of a bra that maintain its structure and provide the necessary support. You should go for a bra with encased boning— that’s covered with soft, high-quality padding. If the boning is not proper, it might end up poking you on the sides which can be highly uncomfortable.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is our in-house product writer specializing in clothing and fashion. She focuses on comfort without compromising functionality or style when recommending clothes to her readers. Poulami has compiled this list of the best bandeau bras for large busts after considering their specifications and features. Moreover, she has also included a buying guide to help you consider crucial factors when choosing a bandeau bra.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are bandeau bras comfortable?
A bandeau bra can give you all the comfort you want as it is free of straps and hooks. If you choose the right material and size by following the size guide, your bandeau bra can give a seamless look and can be comfortable enough to even sleep in it.
2. Do bandeau bras offer support?
Yes, a well-sized bandeau bra can provide good support to your breasts.
3. What is the difference between a tube top and a bandeau top?
- A bandeau top is similar to a bandeau bra and covers a little more of the upper stomach than a bra.
- A tube top also looks similar to a bandeau top or bra in construction, but it covers the torso region too.
- Both terms are often used interchangeably, and depending on the style and coverage, they are used as innerwear or outerwear.
4. How do I keep a bandeau bra from slipping down?
If your bandeau bra slips down often, you need to pick a band that is wider and one size smaller than the one you are currently wearing. It is preferable to choose a bandeau bra that has a silicone strip or non-slip grip at the top and bottom to provide a firm grip. You can also use adhesive tape to attach your bandeau bra to the top for a quick fix.
Those endowed with large busts need a bra with cups that offer full coverage without any spillover. The bra should also lift and hold your bust up through the day, which means it should be supportive and comfortable. Although the choice for big-busted women has been fairly limited till recently, that’s all changing now. Bandeau bras have made a comeback, and they offer all the features you need without being dowdy and unattractive. You can choose from seamless, strapless styles, underwire bras, and those with molded cups that support and give you a good shape. The options listed here include different types of bandeau bras that are all super-comfortable and gentle against the skin, so you can enjoy the benefits of full coverage without compromising on style and aesthetics.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Wearing Bandeau Bras?
Bandeau bras are known for their snug fit and minimalist design. If you are uncertain about whether a bandeau bra is suitable for you or not, take a look at the following infographic. It outlines the characteristics and benefits of owning one for everyday wear, helping you make an informed decision.