Baseball is a game that attracts millions of fans from across the globe. The best outfield gloves for baseball help the players in the outfield position, popularly known as the last line of defense, to catch the ball that comes with great force and from a great height.
These specialized gloves with webbing and padding make it easy to catch the balls without injuring your hand. Moreover, they absorb the impact of balls falling from heights in a hassle-free manner. Whether you are a pro or a novice at baseball, the right equipment can help you enjoy the sport more and give you a competitive edge.
Keep scrolling as we review the best outfield baseball gloves that you can consider buying.
11 Best Outfield Gloves For Baseball In 2024
1. Best Quality:Rawlings SPL120BH-6/0 Select Pro Lite Youth Baseball Glove
Rawlings offers these youth outfield gloves similar in design to those worn by pro baseball players like Kris Bryant, Bryce Harper, Francisco Lindor, Manny Machado, and Mike Trout. The Select Pro Lite comes 90% percent broken-in from the factory and needs little or no conditioning.
This 12in all-leather high-quality glove will give you enough room to perform better while handling high-speed balls, and the small hand opening gives you better control, making it one of the best outfield gloves for baseball. So, if you want a tried-and-tested, superior-quality outfield glove, then go for this.
- All leather lacing Pro H web
- Padding for the palm and index fingers with cushioned finger back lining
- Both left- or right-hand orientation
- Made of all leather for added comfort
- Lace that keeps the mitt together might become loose
2. Best Handcrafted:Wilson A2000 Baseball Gloves
The high-quality baseball gloves by the trusted brand Wilson come in 12 different sizes and 26 different colors, and in left- or right-hand orientation. Each outfield glove is made of pro stock leather and handcrafted to perfection, making it one of the best outfield baseball gloves. The pro stock leather is known to be rugged and durable and gives you a comfortable feel.
- Double welting for the pocket
- Long-lasting break-in
- Made of premium leather
- Double lacing at the base of the web for extra durability
- Thin heel pad for better closure
- Might take more time to break-in
3. Best Extra Padding:Louisville Slugger 2024 Xeno Fastpitch Glove Series
Crafted by a trusted baseball glove manufacturer, this is easily one of the best outfielder gloves, designed to need minimal break-in. It comes with a dual post web construction with patterns specific to female athletics. The white and aqua blue design is stylish and game-ready. Although this comes with extra padding, it is lightweight and is flexible from the start.
- Closely weaved glove
- Quick break-in time
- Memory foam wrist lining
- Made of top-of-the-line leather
- Pocket might be too tight or small
Rawlings SPL120BH-6/0 Select Pro Lite Youth Baseball Glove
Wilson A2000 Baseball Gloves
Louisville Slugger 2024 Xeno Fastpitch Glove Series
|Bryce Harper Model
|White/Tropical Blue - Outfield Model
|9.75 x 8.25 x 6.5 inches
|12 x 8 x 6 inches
|13 x 6 x 8 inches
4. Best Soft Leather:Mizuno MVP Prime Baseball Glove Series
The Mizuno MVP glove series is said to give you a professional feel and competitive edge. The gloves in the series are made of bio soft leather that has the perfect balance of oil and softness. Each glove also comes with an outlined and embroidered logo that gives a rich and premium look. These are just a few of the many reasons that these specialized gloves made it to the list of the best outfield gloves for baseball!
- Strong and durable lace for better performance at faster speeds
- Pocket centered under the index finger for a better break-in
- Comfortable fit and comes ready to play
- Easy to break-in
- The gap in the webbing is a tad large
5. Best Versatile:Franklin Sports Pro Flex Hybrid Series Baseball Gloves
The Franklin Sports outfield gloves are versatile and can be used for baseball, softball, and T-ball. These gloves come in full black with caramel-colored lace to hold the parts of the gloves in place. This durable high-quality leather glove is made of premium cowhide palm with a PU-laminated PVC hybrid shell, making it one of the best outfield gloves.
- Adjustable wrist strap
- Close-back protected design
- No break-in required
- Basket web design for added flexibility
- Some might feel it needs more cushioning
6. Best Durable:Miken Pro Series Slowpitch Softball Glove
The Miken Pro softball glove undoubtedly falls under the category of the best outfield baseball gloves. It comes with a 70% factory break-in. The 13in slow pitch softball glove is available in white, white with blue laces, white and red, and white with red laces. This high-quality baseball glove features a Poron XRD palm and index finger that help in reducing the impact. The full-grain leather offers durability and shape retention for superior performance and quick training mastery.
- Quick break-in time
- Made of premium leather
- Adjustable, pull strap near the wrist
- Designed to reduce impact and retain shape
- Pro H web pattern
- There may be hand-orientation discrepancies
7.Best Comfort:Barnett JL-120 Baseball Outfield Glove
Made of polyurethane, the Barnett JL-120 could be one of the best outfield gloves for baseball that is durable and resistant to abrasion. If you are looking for a widely tested and trusted outfield glove that is comfortable to use, try this one. This high-quality glove measures 12in and comes in black.
If you are a beginner and looking for an affordable outfield glove with simple design, this could be the one for you.
- Made of durable polyurethane
- Two foldings
- Comfortable and soft inside
- Closed pocket
- Not many sizes and colors to choose from
8. Best Cushion Padding:Easton Blackstone Outfield Baseball Glove Series
The Easton Blackstone outfield glove is made of cowhide leather and has a supple leather palm lining for extra comfort. One of the best outfield gloves for baseball, it comes in a slick black look that gives it a stylish and professional look. The 12.75in glove will give you plenty of room to catch balls in the outfield position. The extra lining in the palm area protects your hand from bruises, giving you a competitive edge over the other baseball players.
The web section of this high quality outfield baseball glove is made with a strong lace to give you a comfortable feel even while handling high-speed balls.
- Plush wrist lining for extra comfort
- Rawhide high-grade leather laces for the web
- Cowhide leather body
- The glove may be heavy for some
9. Best Sweat-Free:Akadema AH0224 ProSoft Series Glove
Akadema’s ProSoft series is designed to give the user an unparalleled fit and a lightweight feel. The open back design provides you with enough ventilation to keep your hands sweat-free and comfortable. The manufacturer claims that this is a factory-to-field-ready glove and does not require any break-in, which is why users often consider it one of the best outfield baseball gloves. The 13-inch glove with a deep pocket will give you enough room to snag balls, which is vital for an outfielder.
- H web for sturdiness and flexibility
- Deep pocket
- Open back
- May require some amount of breaking in
10. Best Leather:Gonex Youth Kids Baseball Glove
Designed for baseball and softball, the trusted brand Gonex has the best outfielder gloves, made of genuine leather with a high-quality mesh back. The genuine leather makes the gloves soft and durable, and the mesh back makes these gloves lightweight and breathable. These gloves come with an 80% break-in from the factory.
Not just for younger baseball players, the 12.5-inch baseball glove can also be used as adult outfield gloves. This glove comes with an easy-to-carry bag that protects it from rain and sun.
- Genuine and durable leather body
- Breathable mesh
- Deep basket with a web pocket
- Adjustable lacing
- Premium PU lining
- Some may find the glove to be quite stiff
11. Best For Stability:Nokona Classic Walnut Baseball Glove
The Nokona classic walnut baseball glove is a leather outfield glove, making it strong, durable, and game-ready. It requires minimal break-in, and the open-back design keeps your hands comfortable in hot weather. It has an H web that is lined with a leather lace. The custom-made label gives it a trendy and professional look.
One of the best outfield baseball gloves, it is 12.5in and gives plenty of room to comfortably catch balls coming from a great height and with force. The palm is not over-padded and does not make it feel bulky. If you prefer quality and do not mind spending some time for it to break in, then this glove could become your best companion.
- Genuine, durable, and premium leather
- Open back for better ventilation
- Modified trap web for better control
- Might take some time to break-in
How To Choose The Right Outfield Gloves?
Consider these points before buying a pair of outfield gloves.
- Glove length:Compared to the infield gloves, the outfield gloves need to be longer to catch difficult balls. The average length should be 12-13in. As you need to run and catch the ball, you will have little or no time to think, and having a longer glove might help.
- Easy to operate:Once you catch the ball, you need to close your hand to seal the ball quickly. So, choose a glove that is easy to open and close with one hand. Also, choose a glove that needs less time to break in and one that is lightweight.
- Pocket: Deep pockets will help you catch high-hit balls with less impact. The pockets held with cowhide superior-grade leather laces are tight and provide strength to absorb the impact. Also, deep pockets give enough room to reach out and catch tough balls.
- Material: Baseball outfielder gloves are made of cowhide, synthetic, full-grain, pigskin, etc. The gloves made of pigskin and cowhide are economical, whereas those made of steer-hide and full-grain are durable. Choose one such high-quality outfield glove that fits your requirement.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What size gloves do most outfielders use?
Outfield gloves are usually available in sizes ranging from 12 ¼ inches to 12 ¾ inches. You should opt for a size depending on your comfort and hand size.
2. Can an outfielder use first baseman’s gloves?
No, it is illegal for baseball outfielders to wear first baseman’s gloves. The first baseman’s gloves are designed differently in shape and size, and look similar to the catcher’s mitt.
3. What material is used to make outfield gloves?
Most outfield gloves are made using a mix of materials for different parts of the glove. They use leather made from cowhide for most parts of the gloves, and synthetic or plastic material for the back of the glove. Nylon and plastic materials are used for the thumb and pinky finger padding, support, and protection.
4. How long do outfield gloves last?
The durability of outfield gloves, like any other product, depends on the quality of the material used. But most outfield gloves are made of leather; so if you care for them well, they will last you for years to come.
5. Why do outfielders use bigger gloves?
Outfielders use bigger gloves because, with larger gloves, they are able to cover more ground and are easy to track down the fly balls. They also feature deeper pockets to secure the ball after a catch
6. Should outfielders flare their gloves?
Yes, baseball outfielders can flare their gloves like infielders to improve the glove flexibility.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our writers and reviewers have curated this list of the best outfield gloves for baseball from different brands after considering all the necessary parameters. We have gone through the product descriptions and customer reviews to select gloves with good padding and webbing. These best-selling gloves are designed to reduce the impact of gloves on the hand without compromising on durability, grip, or comfort. We have also included a buyer’s guide to help you choose better.
Outfield gloves make catches easy and effortless while reducing their impact on the hands when playing baseball. When choosing an outfield glove, it is crucial to ensure they feature adequate padding and webbing. You should pay attention to the length and fitting of the glove so that it fits you perfectly and keeps your hands and wrists safe from injuries. When you invest in a pair of durable and lightweight gloves, they last you longer and enhance your performance.
Infographic: What Are The Various Categories Of Baseball Gloves?
In baseball, each player has a different pair of gloves as per their position because different players need to use distinct skill sets to play the game. So, check out the following infographic to learn more about baseball gloves and their variants.
- Best Outdoor Toys For Kids To Motivate Them To Play Outside
- Best Floor Chairs For Comfortable Working
- Best Puberty Books For Girls
- Best Hair Color For Gray Hair