Being on the basketball court requires you to wear appropriate shoes. A good shoe gives you traction, balance, is breathable, and allows easy movements. MomJunction brings you a list of best basketball shoes for women. This list can help you buy the right basketball shoe, depending on your preferences.
13 Best Basketball Shoes For Women
The Nike Women’s Court Borough Low Basketball shoes are available in black and white colorsand made from good quality leather. The basketball shoes are imported and have a rubber sole for longer life.
- Padded collar to provide cushioning
- Rubber cupsole for enhanced traction and support
- Comfortable and warm
- The support might not be very comfortable
The anti-slip basketball shoes are unisex and have a rubber sole that makes it comfortable while wearing. This sneaker is imported and has an EVA midsole that provides sufficient cushioning.
- Concave-convex texture design to enable round support
- Rubber outsoles support your weight
- Might wear out after a few months
- Might not be very supportive
Under Armour Women’s Basketball shoes are imported and have a rubber sole for its long-lasting durability. It is designed in a way to provide breathability and support to your feet.
- Die-cut EVA sockliner for underfoot cushioning and support
- Has an internal bootie construction to give a secure, comfortable fit
- Internal heel counter for locked-in support
- Plenty of arch support
- They might be tight fitted before you start using them regularly
The shoes are designed with padded collars on mid-top for extra comfort. It has an appropriate quarter panel and eyelets that enhance the fit and has multi-directional traction with dual pivot points.
- Imported, comfortable
- Multi-directional traction allows rotational motion
- Lightweight and responsive
- Supportive during sports activities
- The size might not fit well
- Might feel tight on the top of the foot
This shoe has a mid-cut look that modernizes a retro B-ball style. Adidas Women’s Basketball shoes are imported with a platform of up to three inches. The shaft measures approximately 6-12 inches from the arch.
- Coated leather and padded ankle to give support
- Comfortable lace closure
- Rubber sole for extra grip
- The shoes might wear out soon
Puma Women’s Basketball shoes are comfortable to wear. It is 100% leather and has a rubber sole so that it has longer durability.
- Velcro design for optimum fit
- Rubber sole for a comfortable grip
- Has good style and functionality
- The sizes might not be appropriate
Adidas Pro Bounce Parker shoes come in off-white and orange color combination. The pair of shoes is useful while running, playing, and walking, along with basketball.
- Has flexible bounce midsole cushioning
- Has extra grip and comfort
- Has electro-dipped shank
- The shoes might be stiff
Nike Women’s Court Borough Basketball shoes are designed with good quality leather. The padded collar of the shoes provides good cushioning, making it more comfortable in wearing, walking, running, and playing.
- Mesh tongue to increase breathability
- Easy air circulation
- The shoes might not have a stable grip
These shoes are available in black and purple color combination. The shoes are designed with synthetic material so that it can be washed easily.
- Radial herringbone pattern to improve grip
- Shoes remain clean as can be washed
- The shoes might not be durable
These basketball shoes for women are designed, keeping in mind style and fashion. It has a multi-layered composition of nylon mesh, and the top layer is made with leather for good upper strength.
- Shoe sole made with the latest technology
- Anti-skid lines on the sole for good friction
- CLOUD cushioning to reduce external impacts
- The shoes might not be very durable
Jordan Nike Women’s Basketball shoes are available ingym red/metallic gold, white/metallic gold, and whitecolor combination. It is made ofleather.
- Rubber sole for comfort
- Comfortable for walking and running
- Has a good grip
- The size might not be accurate
Nike Women’s Hyperdunk Basketball shoes are designed with rubber outsole pattern to enhance multi-directional traction. It also has a lunar cushioning to enhance the comfort of the user.
- Woven jacquard upper pattern
- The shoe might not have a good grip
The shoes have a soft and smooth leather-textured upper fabric. The synthetic rubber sole gives a good grip to the shoes.
- Relaxed fit design
- Roomy at the top for comfort
- Air-cooled memory foam cushion
- Ultra flexible traction outsole
- The size may not be appropriate
- The shoes may feel chunky
How To Choose Right Basketball Shoes For Women?
Purchase a pair that serves the purpose and remains sturdy as well. Consider the following before buying a pair of basketball shoes.
- Outsole of the shoe: Basketball is a sport that requires a lot of quick movements in all directions. The outsole must provide a good amount of support for these movements. Choose an outsole made from material, like rubber, which provides maximum grip.
- Weight of the shoe: Heavy shoe or a light shoe? Basketball shoes are available in both profiles. If you want good ankle support, then choose heavier shoes. If you intend to purchase a lightweight shoe, then select the one that has a solid low cut.
- Padding: Shock absorption is a vital quality to check in basketball shoes. Get a pair of shoes that are lined with moisture-wicking padding that absorbs shocks and keeps your feet comfortable.
- Aesthetics: There are a variety of styles and options available that are unique in their own ways. There also might be one shoe in several colors and patterns. Choose the best one for you.
- Durability: Make sure the shoes are made from a material that will not wear out soon and is long-lasting.
How Often Should You Change Basketball Shoes?
You should replace your basketball shoes pretty frequently. The general rule is that the shoes should be replaced after every 350-500 miles. It comes down to a total of 70 hours of running.
Choosing the right pair of basketball shoes can make a difference in your performance in the game. Therefore, check all the attributes of a shoe before making a choice. It is okay to experiment and try multiple shoes before settling for the one that works the best for your feet and your game.