The best bassinet sheets are great to keep your baby warm and cozy. They protect the soft mattress from mess and are used for newborns until they are at least four months old. Picking the right bassinet sheet that covers the mattress well is essential so that it doesn’t slip or cause discomfort to the moving baby.
Bassinet sheets are specifically designed for a bassinet bed so that one can perfectly tuck it in around the sides. You can also choose the stretchable variants to make using them hassle-free. Here’s a list of the best ones you can pick online.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Bassinet Sheets
Said to be made with organic cotton, these bassinet sheets are soft and come in various colors and patterns for you to choose and match with your nursery. The cotton fabric makes these bassinet sheets breathable and does not irritate your baby’s gentle skin. These sheets are said to fit oval and rectangular beds.
- 360° elastic for fit and safety.
- Stretchable elastic for easy spreading and removing.
- GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standards) certified breathable cotton.
- May not fit large and regular-sized beds.
- Colors might vary.
With different patterns and colors to choose from, the American Baby Company bassinet sheets come in packs of one, two, three, and four. So, if you are looking to buy in bulk, then you may opt for this product.
- Soft to feel and said to offer great comfort.
- Four deep pockets for a secure fit.
- Fit could be an issue.
- Might not be as durable.
Made with organic cotton, the two bassinet sheets in this pack are soft and said to withstand many washes. The sheets are white with arrows and stars designs.
- 360° elastic band keeps the sheet tucked in.
- Universal fit and goes with bassinet beds of all shapes.
- Breathable, allergen-free material.
- Easy to remove and wash.
- Fit could be an issue for halo-shaped bassinet beds.
With attractive as well as soothing colors, these bassinet sheets come in a pack of two. Each sheet is made up of jersey cotton and is said to be soft, breathable, and sweat absorbent.
- Universal fit for (rectangle, oval, and hourglass) bassinets.
- Elastic band to ensure the sheet stays in place.
- Four color options to choose from.
- May not fit oval hourglass bassinet beds.
- After multiple washes, durability could be an issue.
If you are looking for some soft and breathable bassinet sheets for your baby, then you can try this Ely’s & Co bassinet sheets. These are said to be made up of 100% jersey cotton, which is known to be a highly comfortable fabric for babies.
- Waterproof, so less probability of leakage.
- Adjustable elastic band to fit beds of all sizes.
- Easy to clean.
- May not be durable.
- Fit could be an issue if the mattress is large.
This bassinet sheet measures 15 x 33 inches and is made of jersey cotton that offers a warm and soft feel. These are said to be machine-washable and dryable and come in seven variants with different colors and patterns.
- Has four deep pockets and an elastic rim for superior fit.
- Can be easy to spread and remove.
- Comes in soothing colors.
- May not fit all sizes of beds.
- The fabric might be too thin.
If you are looking to buy bassinet sheets in bulk, then this three-pack Bear’s Little Fish bassinet sheets might be just what you need. These sheets come in various colors and patterns, so you can choose the one that would suit your baby’s nursery.
- 165 GSM fabric, thick and luxurious.
- Can fit all standard-sized rectangle, oval, hourglass, and halo beds.
- Three pack offers value for money.
- Might shrink after washing.
Soft pinks and neutral greys, these bassinet sheets from Cambria come in many options to choose from. Available in packs of three, each sheet has a different pattern and design so that you can choose the one that will go with your baby’s nursery.
- Can fit oval, hourglass, rectangle-shaped bassinet beds.
- Soft, durable, and made of 100% organic cotton.
- Strong elastic for a secure fit.
- Fit could be an issue.
If you are looking for a bassinet sheet that has a secure fit, then try these sheets from Cuddly Cubs. These sheets come in a pack of two and have soft pastel colors and soothing patterns.
- Fits almost all oval shaped beds.
- 360° elastic and four deep pockets for extra safety.
- Breathable, hypoallergenic, and soft fabric.
- May not fit certain beds.
- The fabric might shrink.
A perfect gift for a baby shower or a new mom, these bassinet sheet sets from Pupiki are said to be high-quality and soft. The material is said to be breathable and hypoallergenic, making it safe for your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Measures 16 x 32 x 4inches and fits all bed shapes.
- The fabric is durable.
- Easy to spread and remove.
- Not many colors to choose from.
These bassinet sheets come in grey color with cute designs such as elephants, clouds, etc. Each sheet measures 15 x 33 x 4 inches and comes with an elastic hem lets it fit the bassinet bed perfectly.
- Said to fit oval, rectangle, square, and hourglass beds.
- Does not curl up on the mattress.
- Cute patterns.
- Fit could be a problem.
How To Choose The Right Bassinet Sheet
Here are a few aspects to keep in mind while shopping for a baby bassinet sheet.
- Fit: A bassinet sheet should fit perfectly into the bassinet bed. There should not be any folds or gaps left as the baby’s tiny arms and legs might get stuck in them. The sheet should also not move from its position, even when the baby is moving in all directions. Hence, choose a sheet that has an elastic band and deep pockets that help in tucking the sheet securely into the bed.
- Material: Go for a bassinet sheet made of cotton. As cotton is soft, breathable, and hypoallergenic, it is good for your baby’s sensitive skin.
- Multipurpose: Bassinet sheets usually fit the bassinet bed as well as the changing tables and strollers. Choose such multi-purpose sheets so that you can use one sheet for multiple purposes.
- Color and pattern: Pick a bassinet sheet that matches the colors and patterns of your nursery.
[ Read : Babyhug Love Teddy Bassinet Assembly ]
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna is a skilled product writer who has a knack for reviewing baby products and recommending the best ones to her readers. In this post, she has compiled a list of the best bassinet sheets that are stretchable, breathable, and easy to wash. She has also mentioned the pros and cons of each sheet and included a useful buying guide to help you pick the right product to keep your baby comfortable.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I put sheets on a bassinet?
You can put sheets on a bassinet to protect it from spills and stains. Ensure you follow the safety guidelines and use a fitted sheet, as loose sheets can suffocate the child (1).
2. How often should I change the baby’s bed sheets?
Your baby spends a lot of time in contact with the bed sheets, making it essential to keep them clean. Changing the bedsheets twice a week may prevent germs.
3. How many sheets should I have for the bassinet?
A bassinet only requires one sheet per bed, but it is good to have at least three in hand. The three-sheet rule translates to one in use, one in the wash, and one as a backup.
If you are a parent of a newborn, you need to ensure that your little one gets the best of everything, including the best bassinet sheets for their bassinets. Since bassinets are available in different shapes and sizes, you need to consider some parameters such as the material, fit, and comfort. Further, ensure you choose those that are soft, breathable, stretchable, and machine-washable and ones that come with cute prints and patterns and soothing colors.
View Profile ›