- 15 Best Bathtubs For Toddlers
- How To Choose A Toddler Bathtub?
- Types Of Bathtubs
- Safety Precautions When Using Toddler Bathtub
Bathtubs are not just a place where you scrub your toddler clean, but also a place for frolic. Bath time include a lot of splashing and paddling! Toddlers discover fun in the mundane activity of bathing by making their tub a mini playground. This means that picking a good bathtub is a must. It should have the best of features, and comfort should be a priority.
15 Best Bathtubs For Toddlers
- Inclined backrest supports the toddler’s back, and lower rubber insert ensures that he does not slip down.
- Plugged drain hole helps for easy draining of used water.
- Contoured design makes it easy to place it even in a kitchen sink.
- Comes with a whale-shaped bathroom mug that doubles up as a toy.
- Adaptable design that accommodates the toddler as he grows.
- Supports a maximum weight of 25lb (11.3kg).
Shop Related Products:
- Unibody design that accommodates the toddler as he grows.
- Toddler can be reclined, seated, or laid on the detachable hammock for bath
- Has washable hammock fabric.
- Non-slip pads on bottom and back provide optimum support to the toddler.
- Can accommodate a toddler with the maximum weight of 25lb (11.3kg).
Shop Related Products:
- The compact foldable design makes it an excellent portable bathtub for toddlers.
- Textured lower surface prevents the toddler from slipping.
- Padded tub surface provides adequate cushioning.
- Uses thick, high-quality rubber.
- A built-in indicator warns if water is too hot.
- Accommodates toddlers up to 24 months of age.
Shop Related Products:
- Digital display updates with precise water temperature.
- Tub can easily fit into a single or double sink.
- Water mug included with slot on the tub to place it. A storage slot for soap is also provided.
- Overflow outlet lets out any excess water thus making bathing safe.
- Soft foam backrest lets the toddler recline safely.
Shop Related Products:
- Flat bottom tub makes it easy to place and move the toddler.
- Integrated hand shower makes it an excellent toddler bathtub for shower purposes.
- The shower unit is completely detachable for exclusive tub use.
- Textured plastic at the bottom of the tub provides grip while sitting.
- Made of lightweight and easy to clean plastic.
Shop Related Products:
- Large toddler bathtub, which accommodates a weight up to 25lb (11.3kg).
- Detachable toddler bathtub seat is included.
- Lightweight tub features a hook so that you can hang it for convenient storage.
- Includes a plastic bathroom mug and squeeze bottle to store toddler shampoo.
- Non-slip plastic is used for the entire bathtub and chair.
- This has an inflatable/blow up bathtub for toddlers with compact deflated size of just 10 inches (25 centimeters).
- Air-cushioned backrest provides back and body support.
- Contains two slots at the front to hold soap, shampoo bottle, or bathroom mug.
- Ridged lower surface prevents toddler from sliding into the tub.
- Integrated display tells if the water is warm, hot, or cold.
- Designed to fit within adult bathtubs, which makes it easy to drain away the used water.
8. e Flexi Bath
- Compact bathtub folds flat for easy storage thus making it a superb travel bathtub for a toddler.
- This is a big bathtub for toddlers since it can accommodate little ones till the age of four years.
- Made of high-quality silicone.
- Solid hinges and tight folds do not leak despite repeated use.
- Water plug at the floor of the tub makes it easy to drain used water.
9. Tubtrugs Tub
- This lightweight, large tub can hold nine gallons (34litres) of water.
- The deep tub base ensures the toddler sits securely within.
- Built-in handles provide grip for the toddler and makes it convenient for a parent to move the empty tub.
- Reinforced plastic rims make the bathtub strong and rigid.
- It isade from non-toxic, food-grade plastic.
- An ultra-compact foldable design, which features an entirely collapsible tub rim.
- PVC-free lightweight material makes the tub extremely light weighing just 2lb (1kg).
- Inner lining coated with a non-slip material.
- Heat sensitive drain plug changes color if water gets too hot.
- Attached hook makes it convenient to hang and dry the tub.
- High tub wall prevents toddler from toppling over.
- Snug fit for a little one makes it easy for him to sit
- Made from non-slip material.
- Includes ten floating balls for the little one to play.
- Ultralight dry weight of just 1.5lb (680gm) makes it an excellent portable bathtub for toddlers.
- Oval tub design makes it easy for a toddler to sit with the legs stretched out.
- Younger toddlers can be reclined in a sling hammock that makes bathing easy. Sling is detachable and can be hanged for drying.
- Manufactured from non-slip and non-toxic plastic.
- Includes two bathing mugs that double up as toys. One bathing mug has perforations making it a small portable shower.
- The front of the tub has a lower rim making it easy to discard used water by just tipping over the tub.
- Two layered tub – external shell made of hard plastic and the inner lining made from inflatable flexible plastic.
- The inner inflatable layer can be inclined at an angle so that the toddler can bathe in a reclined position.
- Soft air-cushioned base makes a long bath comfortable.
- Non-slip material and ridged base design prevent the toddler from slipping into the tub even in a reclined position.
- The inner lining can be deflated and the tub folded at the center. A latch secures the two halves, making it easy to carry and store the bathtub.
- This is made from non-toxic PVC that is safe for babies.
- Tub has air-cushioned padding on the base and the walls of the tub.
- Inner lining comes engraved with a water level indicator.
- Deep tub base can accommodate older toddlers and little ones up to four years of age.
- Deflates and folds easily. Attached hook makes it easy to hang and dry.
- The unique non-slip tub design allows your baby to sit upright.
- It has a padded backrest and built-in bump.
- It comes with a handle for easy carrying and storage.
- The innovative pull-tab drain allows easy cleaning.
- This tub is suitable for babies between 0 and 12 months.
How To Choose A Toddler Bathtub?
Bathtubs for toddlers come in an array of designs and attributes. Here are some features that should be a part of your checklist:
- Non-skid tub surface: A soapy and playful toddler can get tough to handle. It increases the risk of slippage. Having a bathtub with an anti-skid surface prevents a fatal slip, thus ensuring the toddler’s safety.
- Smooth tub rim: The rim of the bathtub should be smooth and devoid of sharp edges. As the toddler holds the edge for support, a sharp rim can be precarious. It is a bonus if the bathtub has anti-skid material on the rim.
- Water-fill line: Choose bathtubs that show water level markings, telling you how much water they can hold.
- Easy to clean material: Bathtubs are made from different kinds of plastics with varying textures. Select those that are easiest to clean and have a lesser tendency to develop mineral scales from water. If the bathtub has inserts, then it should attach neatly without leaving any wide gaps where dirt and moisture can accumulate.
- Water temperature indicators: Babies should be bathed in warm water, and you should always check the water temperature before putting the little one in the tub. Choose tubs with built-in water temperature, which could be digital or small pieces of plastic that change color as per the water temperature (2). Bath tubs with digital temperature indicators are expensive but provide precise water temperature. Color-changing plastics are far common since they are relatively inexpensive.
- Plugged drain hole: When the toddler is done bathing, the last task is to get rid of the used water. Bathtubs with pluggable drain holes make clearing the water hassle-free.
A good toddler bath tub will be lightweight and made from non-toxic materials .
[ Read : Okbaby Onda Evolution Baby Bath Tub Review ]
Types Of Bathtubs
There are three fundamental types of bathtubs.
- Plastic bathtubs: These are conventional bathtubs made from plastic and may have a molded surface to easily place the baby in the tub. It can have a place to hold the toddler’s toys while he bathes.
- Inflatable bathtubs: These look like miniature versions of inflatable garden swimming pools. Inflatable bathtubs for toddlers are easy to carry, wash, and store, thanks to their flexible plastic material.
- Foldable bathtubs: As the name suggests, these bathtubs are foldable. Portability is their USP, and they are an ideal travel bathtub for the toddler. These tubs are made from flexible, water-resistant polymer attached to a wire frame that collapses and makes the tub easy to store.
Safety Precautions When Using Toddler Bathtub
Bathtubs are fun for toddlers, but they could be dangerous too. Slip of a leg or arm could take time to heal. Therefore, follow these safety precautions to avoid any unpleasant experiences in the tub:
- Never leave the toddler alone in the bathtub: When bathing a baby, give him your undivided attention. Gather all the necessary bathing things, such as towel, diapers, soap, powder, etc., before you begin to bathe your baby. According to the American Academy of Paediatrics, drowning is a leading cause of deaths in toddlers, and it can happen even in a bathtub (1). A toddler does not have the necessary muscle control and dexterity to lift himself up from a fall. During a bath, the toddler can fall flat or roll back even when supported with a ring seat. The risk of drowning then becomes imminent. Therefore, always place one hand on the toddler and never leave him alone in a bathtub.
- Do not overfill the tub: Every toddler bathtub manufacturer recommends the maximum tub water level through conspicuous markings. Even if there is an extra room for more water, never overfill the tub. It can cause soapy water to splash into the toddler’s mouth and nose. In the case of foldable bathtubs, overfilling can strain the hinges and joints thus affecting the tub’s durability.
- Water temperature should be comfortable: According to the American Academy of Paediatrics, a toddler’s bath water should not be warmer than 120ºF (48.9ºC) (2). Check the bathwater with the back of the wrist or the elbow. A toddler’s bath water should be preferably lukewarm to warm. Most modern toddler bathtubs come with some form of temperature indicator.
- Use anti-skid mats if necessary: Most toddler bathtubs use non-slip build material and have an anti-skid pattern at the bottom. Nevertheless, if you feel the base is too slippery, then buy an aftermarket anti-skid or non-slip mats for the bottom of the tub.
- Bathtub seats can provide support: Alternatively, you can also use toddler bathtub seat called bathtub ring. It makes sitting in a bathtub easier by providing support to the toddler’s torso.
Constant supervision is crucial for a toddler’s safety in the bathtub. Good bathtubs ensure that your toddler is safe, enjoying his bath, playing and splashing away the water. It also makes the baby happy and less cranky. So, invest in a bathtub that has all the right features. Some safety precautions and a good bathtub is all the toddler needs to be squeaky clean!
What is your baby’s bathtub story? Tell us in the comments section below.
- Dermadew Baby Soap Ingredients
- Mothercare Baby Bubble Bath
- Intex Inflatable Chair
- LuvLap Anti-slip Bathtub