Batting gloves help young baseball and softball players get a good grip on the bat. They are generally padded to reduce any sting felt when making contact with the ball. They also prevent blister formation on the hands and provide the right grip and feel for a better swing.
Here, we have compiled a list of the best youth batting gloves for baseball and softball to help you find the best pair.
11 Best Batting Gloves For Baseball And Softball in 2020
When it comes to playoffs, you will need practical gloves to handle everything the game throws at you. The Franklin Sports MLB Digitek batting gloves are flexible and multifunctional to give you the right athletic fit, look, and feel. They provide advanced protection and an improved grip. They are available in multiple sizes, and you can easily find an ideal fit for your hands. The seven design options allow you to pick one that suits your personality.
- Top-grade genuine leather
- Microfiber palm provides excellent grip
- Tri-Curve technology maintains the glove’s shape and provides a perfect snug fit
- Durable stitching lasts through endless innings
- Small patch of camo design adds a bit of flair
- May be uncomfortable if your hands are wet or sweaty
- Mixed reviews on durability
If you want to get gloves with protective padding, these Lousiville Slugger gloves may fit the bill. They appear slim and provide all-round performance. Made of synthetic material, they offer a good grip, allowing the bat to remain in a perfect swing position. They are available in multiple sizes and two shades of black and white. These youth batting gloves are also available in the adult style.
- Stretchable Lycra on the back offers flexibility and breathability
- Neoprene strap holds the gloves securely in place
- Embossed synthetic palm and thumb offer a secure grip
- Wrist strap allows for easy adjustment
- Some reviews report that the stitches rip easily
Seibertron batting gloves for youth are designed to offer a good grip and fit. They allow you to swing with ease and with a lot of force. The gel-padded palm is a bonus to the gloves. You will feel no sting whatsoever when batting with these gloves on. They help you perform better when the game starts heating up. You will find them in eight different color combinations and four sizes, from extra small to extra large.
- Anti-slip silicone print offers a superior grip
- Hook-and-loop closure for you to wear and remove easily
- Shock-absorbing gloves
- Perforations on the palm and fingers provide ventilation
- Offers extra breathability
- Mixed reviews on durability
The Clutch Sports batting leather gloves offer a guaranteed fit to your hands. Whether it is a batting practice or the playoffs, all you need is these gloves that offer a solid grip. They are multifunctional, flexible, and give you an ideal athletic feel and look. They are available in nine different shades of American flag-inspired prints and come in both adult and youth sizes.
- Made of sheepskin leather that is durable and breathable
- Pre-curved finger pattern allows the gloves to maintain their shape and provides a snug fit
- Anti-slip Velcro closure to wear and remove easily
- Interlocking designed gloves provide a firm grip
- Breathable and moisture-resistant
- Come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and money-back guarantee
- Thin and may not be as protective as other gloves
- Fitting may not be true to size
Mizuno B-303 baseball batting gloves are made of Cabretta leather and have a decent look. A quick adjustable strap ensures your hand is safe and secure. The flex mesh provides a snug fit and allows free hand movement, to make batting and catching easier. The gloves have compression molded neoprene wristbands, which tighten the gloves and protect the wrists. They are available in seven different colors and come in both adult and youth configurations.
- Flexible and breathable
- Professional-grade Cabretta leather palm provides soft and incredible comfort
- Adjustable wrist Velcro strap
- Wristband offers additional support for a better fit and feel
- Personalized nameplate to write the player’s name
- Rubbery material on the back may not give a good feel
Featuring a goatskin leather palm, these Easton Walk-Off batting gloves offer great grip and power to your swing. The Lycra back features a molded Eastron Screamin’E logo combined with matte and glass silicone, adding structure and flexibility. They are made in youth and adult sizes and are suitable for baseball and softball players. They are also available in multiple shades and colors.
- Ultra-flexible components offer a snug fit
- Breathable neoprene materials keep your hands comfortable
- Smooth leather palms enhance grip
- Gleaming silicone adds structure to the fingers and back
- Neoprene pull tab closure gives you an ideal fit
- Wide wrist straps provide extra support
- Mixed reviews on durability
These flashy silicone spider web design gloves are available in multiple colors. The one-piece design batting gloves can be used for both softball and baseball games. They are designed to offer an ultimate grip for increased swing and accuracy. Made of Lycra and neoprene materials, they offer maximum durability. They are available in both youth and adult sizes.
- Flexible cut knuckles offer a snug fit
- Palm pad for superior durability
- Breathable and lightweight gloves
- Triple-reinforced wrist strap
- Fit may not be true to size
G-Form baseball and softball batting gloves are created with SmartFlex technology that offers hinge-like flexibility and allows freedom of movement. The UPF 50+ breathable and moisture-wicking fabric on the back provides the right fit. They are likely to give a close fit and good grip while handling the bat or catching the ball. These gloves are available in adult and youth sizes and come in two different color combinations.
- SmartFlex pads protect the wrist and back
- Waterproof pad seals out water and prevents sweat
- Offers full mobility and maximum protection
- Perforated synthetic leather palm for a better grip and feel
- Machine-washable and easy to care
- A bit heavy
- May not stretch easily
Built with HeatGear fabric, the Under Armour youth baseball gloves keep your hands cool and dry. Be it sweat, or any form of liquid, the gloves dry quickly and offer the right grip. Made of 84% Polyester and 16% Elastane, they are flexible, durable, and a good fit. You will find them in three sizes—small, medium, and large—and multiple color options.
- Genuine leather palms give a soft feel, good grip, and high durability
- Synthetic overlays offer extra support
- Perforations over the fingers provide extra ventilation
- Elastic wrist cuffs provide support and correct fit
- Do not offer any padding
- Seams may loosen with extended use
This could be one of the best pairs of batting gloves for youth as it is crafted to meet the highest quality standards and gives you the needed swing. The premium leather palm offers a natural feel and helps prevent blisters. It comes in a range of sizes to help you select the desired fit and is available in black, grey, and white.
- Durable stitching and craftsmanship
- Genuine leather palm provides a good grip and cushiony feel
- Spandex fabric and neoprene wristband offer a snug fit and flexibility
- 100% money-back guarantee
- Smooth palms may not give a good grip
Marucci is known for offering quality gear and accessories that every player would need, and these batting gloves for youth are no less. They offer breathability, durability, and needed comfort. The dimpled mesh at the back wicks away sweat and dries the palm quickly. The gloves come in various colors and combinations, and in multiple sizes for you to choose the right fit.
- Durable genuine leather palm
- Dimpled mesh offers optimum breathability
- Neoprene cuff provides support and comfort for a clean swing
- Offer a sturdy grip for enhanced performance
- Seams between the thumb and index finger may loosen
How To Choose The Right Batting Gloves For Youth?
You should consider the following factors for purchasing the best glove.
- Grip: Textured material gives you a firm and non-slip grip for an effective swing. Choose gloves that have an extra layer of leather or silicone as they provide a comfortable grip. The grip is likely to impact your performance.
- Palm: Consider gloves with a palm made of leather or synthetic material as they give a cushioning effect. These materials protect your hands and act as shock absorbers.
- Snug fit: Flexible materials, contoured fingers, and floating thumb designs contribute to a snug fit.
- Size: A correct size facilitates a good grip that is essential in baseball and softball. Check the chart to get the best size. Measure from your palm’s base to the tip of the middle finger to know the palm-size. Also, consider choosing a smaller size than a larger one as gloves are stretchable.
- Padding: Many batting gloves feature extra padding. It helps in protecting the wrist and back of the hand.
- Wrist closure: Consider gloves with an adjustable wrist strap as it lets you customize them for the best possible fit.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to wear batting gloves?
It completely depends on one’s personal preference. Batting gloves offer a firm grip, improve control, and prevent vibrations and blister formation.
2. How do I clean batting gloves?
You can clean batting gloves by using a leather cleaner, mild soapy water, or dishwashing detergent. A leather brush or a regular toothbrush and a sponge will be enough to remove dirt. For even better care, you may use a leather conditioner after they turn dry. It helps revitalize the fibers and keeps the gloves comfortable and flexible to wear.
3. Should I choose batting gloves with more or less padding in the palms?
It depends on your preference. If your hands are extremely sensitive, choose padded gloves for extra protection. On the other hand, if you prefer to get the bat’s feel, consider thinner gloves.
4. My child is playing T-ball or little league. Do they need batting gloves?
It is always good to give your child batting gloves as it prepares the child for more intense gameplay as they grow up. Getting familiar with any protective gear is an essential for excelling in any sport.
Batting gloves are worth wearing for every baseball and softball game. With so many choices available, you need to buy the one that offers you great protection. Compare the features and read the reviews to buy the best quality glove.