If your child is starting their softball or baseball training soon, you can choose from our list of the best batting gloves for youth. These gloves help them get a good grip on the bat and are suitable for beginners. They are mostly padded, prevent blister formation, and reduce the impact on the hand while making contact with the ball.
Browse our list of time-tested options to choose the right gloves for your child. Made of high-quality materials, these best-selling gloves are available in various sizes to suit your needs.
- 1 Best Snug-Fit Franklin Sports MLB Digitek Batting Gloves Franklin Sports $17.99 ON AMAZON Read More › $17.99 ON AMAZON
- 2 Best Secure-Grip Louisville Slugger Genuine Batting Gloves Louisville Slugger $13.42 ON AMAZON Read More › $13.42 ON AMAZON
- 3 Best Anti-Slip Seibertron B-A-R PRO 2.0 Signature Baseball Seibertron $19.5 ON AMAZON Read More › $19.5 ON AMAZON
- 4 Best Breathable Clutch Sports Apparel Baseball and Softball Batting Gloves Clutch Sports $29.95 ON AMAZON Read More › $29.95 ON AMAZON
- 5 Best Flexible Mizuno B-303 Baseball Batting Glove Mizuno $32.76 ON AMAZON Read More › $32.76 ON AMAZON
- 6 Best Comfortable Easton Walk-off Batting Glove Series Easton $31.31 ON AMAZON Read More › $31.31 ON AMAZON
- 7 Best Durable Spiderz Adult Hybrid Batting Glove Spiderz $37.95 ON AMAZON Read More › $37.95 ON AMAZON
- 8 Best Waterproof G-Form Baseball Batting Gloves G-form $40.29 ON AMAZON Read More › $40.29 ON AMAZON
- 9 Best Ventilated Under Armour Youth Clean Up 19 Baseball Glove Under Armour $19.95 ON AMAZON Read More › $19.95 ON AMAZON
- 10 Best Leather Rawlings Workhorse Compression Strap Batting Gloves Rawlings $30.44 ON AMAZON Read More › $30.44 ON AMAZON
11 Best Batting Gloves For Baseball And Softball in 2023
When it comes to playoffs, you will need practical gloves to handle everything the game throws at you. The Franklin Sports MLB Digitek batting gloves are flexible and multifunctional to give you the right athletic fit, look, and feel. Its premium quality material provides advanced protection and an improved grip. They are available in multiple sizes, and you can easily find an ideal fit for your hands. The seven design options allow you to pick one that suits your personality, rendering the gloves a competitive edge over others. To learn more about this tried-and-trusted product, check out this review video.
- Top-grade genuine leather
- Microfiber palm provides excellent grip
- Tri-Curve technology maintains the glove’s shape and provides a perfect snug fit
- Durable stitching lasts through endless innings
- Small patch of camo design adds a bit of flair
- May be uncomfortable if your hands are wet or sweaty
- Mixed reviews on durability
If you want to get gloves with protective padding, these Lousiville Slugger gloves may fit the bill. They appear slim and provide all-round performance. Made of synthetic material, these breathable gloves offer a good grip, allowing the bat to remain in a perfect swing position. They are available in multiple sizes and two shades of black and white. These youth batting gloves are also available in the adult style.
- Stretchable Lycra on the back offers a blend of comfort and flexibility
- Neoprene strap holds the gloves securely in place
- Embossed synthetic palm and thumb offer ample grip
- Wrist strap allows for easy adjustment
- Some reviews report that the stitches rip easily
Seibertron batting gloves are specially designed for grip enhancement and accurate fitting. They allow you to swing with ease and with a lot of force. The gel-padded palm is a bonus to the gloves. You will feel no sting whatsoever when batting with these softball gloves on. They help you perform better when the game starts heating up. You will find them in eight different color combinations and four sizes, from extra small to extra large. Check out this video to explore a reviewer testing the gloves and learn more about the hot and cold weather batting gloves.
- Anti-slip silicone print offers a superior grip
- Hook-and-loop closure for you to wear and remove easily
- Shock-absorbing gloves
- Perforations on the palm and fingers provide ventilation
- Offers excellent breathability
- Mixed reviews on durability
Franklin Sports MLB Digitek Batting Gloves
Louisville Slugger Genuine Batting Gloves
Seibertron B-A-R PRO 2.0 Signature Baseball/Softball Batting Gloves
|Dimensions LxWxH||1 x 8 x 3 inches||11.3 x 5 x 1.81 inches||-|
|Weight||0.05 Pounds||0.07 Kilograms||0.13 Kilograms|
|Number of Items||-||2||-|
The Clutch Sports batting leather gloves offer a guaranteed fit to your hands. Whether it is a batting practice or the playoffs, all you need are these gloves that offer a solid grip. Made of premium quality material, these multifunctional gloves are flexible and give you an ideal athletic feel and look. They are available in nine different shades of American flag-inspired prints and come in both adult and youth sizes.
- Made of sheepskin leather that is durable and breathable
- Pre-curved finger pattern allows the gloves to maintain their shape and provides a snug fit
- Anti-slip Velcro closure to wear and remove easily
- Interlocking design provides a stronger grip
- Moisture-resistant and breathable fabric
- Come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee and money-back guarantee
- Thin and may not be as protective as other gloves
- Fitting may not be true to size
The field-tested Mizuno B-303 baseball batting gloves are made of Cabretta leather and have a decent look. A quick adjustable strap ensures hand protection. The flex mesh provides a snug fit and allows free hand movement, to make batting and catching easier. The gloves have compression molded neoprene wristbands, which tighten the gloves and protect the wrists. They are available in seven different colors and come in both adult and youth configurations.
- Flexible and breathable
- Professional-grade and soft Cabretta leather palm enhances comfort levels
- Adjustable wrist Velcro strap
- Wristband offers additional support for a better fit and feel
- Personalized nameplate to write the player’s name
- Rubbery material on the back may not give a good feel
Featuring a goatskin leather palm, these Easton Walk-Off batting gloves offer great grip and power to your swing. The Lycra back renders the gloves a competitive edge, and the gloves features a molded Eastron Screamin’E logo combined with matte and glass silicone, adding structure and flexibility. They are made in youth and adult sizes and are suitable for baseball and softball players. They are also available in multiple shades and colors.
- Ultra-flexible components offer a snug fit
- Breathable neoprene materials keep your hands comfortable
- Smooth leather palms enhance grip
- Gleaming silicone adds structure to the fingers and back
- Neoprene pull tab closure gives you an ideal fit
- Wide wrist straps provide extra support
- Mixed reviews on durability
These flashy silicone spider web design gloves are available in multiple colors. The one-piece design batting gloves can be used for both softball and baseball games. They are designed to offer an ultimate grip for increased swing and accuracy. Made of Lycra and neoprene materials, they offer maximum durability. They are available in both youth and adult sizes.
- Flexible cut knuckles offer a snug fit
- Palm padding for superior durability
- Breathable and lightweight gloves
- Triple-reinforced wrist strap
- Fit may not be true to size
G-Form baseball and softball batting gloves are created with SmartFlex technology that offers hinge-like flexibility and allows freedom of movement. The UPF 50+ breathable and moisture-wicking fabric on the back provides the right fit. They are likely to give a close fit and good grip while handling the bat or catching the ball. These gloves are available in adult and youth sizes and come in two different color combinations.
- Protective SmartFlex pads for back and wrist support
- Waterproof pad seals out water and prevents sweat
- Offers full mobility and maximum protection
- Perforated synthetic leather palm for a better grip and feel
- Machine-washable and easy to care
- A bit heavy
- May not stretch easily
Built with HeatGear fabric, the youth baseball gloves from the trusted brand Under Armour keep your hands cool and dry. Be it sweat, or any form of liquid, the gloves dry quickly and offer the right grip. Made of 84% Polyester and 16% Elastane, they are flexible, durable, and a good fit. You will find them in three sizes—small, medium, and large—and multiple color options.
- Genuine leather palms give a soft feel, good grip, and high durability
- Synthetic overlays offer extra support
- Perforations over the fingers provide extra ventilation
- Elastic wrist cuffs provide support and correct fit
- Do not offer any padding
- Seams may loosen with extended use
10. Best Leather: Rawlings Workhorse Compression Strap Batting Gloves
Rawlings brings you this pair of batting gloves with Oiltac leather-based palms, making them durable and providing a strong grip. In addition, the reinforced palm design offers stretchability and a good fit when playing. Moreover, the straps engulf the entire wrist, providing a snug fit for enhanced performance.
- Suitable for all weather conditions
- Choose from nine colors to suit your personality
- Offers enhanced protection
- Has adequate padding to prevent hand abrasion
- Available in four sizes
- Stitching might not be durable
Marucci is known for offering quality gear and accessories that every player would need, and these batting gloves are no less.They offer breathability, durability, and needed comfort. The dimpled mesh at the back wicks away sweat and dries the palm quickly. The Marucci batting gloves for youth come in various colors, combinations, and in multiple sizes, for you to choose the right fit.
- Durable genuine leather palm
- Dimpled mesh offers optimum breathability
- Neoprene cuff provides support and comfort for a clean swing
- Offer a sturdy grip for enhanced performance
- Seams between the thumb and index finger may loosen
How To Choose The Right Batting Gloves For Youth?
You should consider the following factors for purchasing the best glove.
- Grip: Textured material gives you a firm and non-slip grip for an effective swing. Choose gloves that have an extra layer of leather or silicone as they provide a comfortable grip. The grip is likely to impact your performance.
- Palm: Consider gloves with a palm made of leather or synthetic material, as they give a cushioning effect. Gloves with one-piece leather palm or synthetic leather grip protect your hands and act as shock absorbers.
- Snug fit: Flexible materials, contoured fingers, and floating thumb designs contribute to a snug fit.
- Size: A correct size facilitates a good grip that is essential in baseball and softball. Check the chart to get the best size. Measure from your palm’s base to the tip of the middle finger to know the palm-size. Also, consider choosing a smaller size than a larger one as gloves are stretchable.
- Padding: Many batting gloves feature extra padding. It helps in protecting the wrist and back of the hand.
- Wrist closure: Consider gloves with an adjustable wrist strap as it lets you customize them for the best possible fit.
- Brand: Consider gloves made by trusted brands known for making sports-related products.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our team of seasoned writers and reviewers has curated this list of the best batting gloves for baseball and softball to give your child an edge during practice sessions and matches. We have provided a brief description and included the pros and cons of each best-selling and tried-and-tested product to help make an informed choice. Besides, the buying guide we have included will also help you pick the right pair of gloves.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need to wear batting gloves?
It depends on one’s personal preference. Batting gloves offer a firm grip, improve control, and prevent vibrations and blister formation.
2. How should I clean batting gloves?
You can clean batting gloves using a leather cleaner, mild soapy water, or dishwashing detergent. A leather brush or a regular toothbrush and a sponge will be enough to remove dirt. For even better care, you may use a leather conditioner after they turn dry. It helps revitalize the fibers and keeps the gloves comfortable and flexible.
3. Should I choose batting gloves with more or less padding in the palms?
It depends on your preference. If your hands are extremely sensitive, choose padded gloves for extra protection. On the other hand, if you prefer to get the bat’s feel, consider thinner gloves.
4. My child is playing T-ball or little league. Do they need batting gloves?
It is always good to give batting gloves to your child as it prepares them for more intense gameplay as they grow up. Getting familiar with any protective glove is essential for excelling in any sport.
5. Should batting gloves be tight?
Batting gloves should offer a snug fit. Loose-fitting ones can cause slippage, while tight ones can restrict the hand’s movements, thus affecting one’s performance.
6. How should I keep batting gloves from drying out?
One practical way is to avoid storing or drying them under direct sunlight. Also, ensure there’s no soap residue left on the gloves after every wash.
Batting gloves are imperative to keep your hands protected and reduce the risk of skin bites and blisters. They come with cushioning and padding and are also worn to give the player a good grip and reduce the impact on the hand. When buying a pair of batting gloves, check the size and the fit to ensure optimal comfort–they must provide a snug fit. Besides, choose leather or synthetic gloves for better grip and check for adjustable wrist straps to suit your needs. You may consider the Franklin Sports MLB Digitek Batting Gloves with Tri-Curve technology for a snug fit, the Under Armour Youth Clean Up 19 Baseball Gloves with genuine leather palms, or the Mizuno B-303 Baseball Batting Gloves with a Velcro strap and a personalized nameplate.
Infographic: Infographic: How To Care For Batting Gloves?
In addition to regular wear and tear, batting gloves can deteriorate prematurely if not handled with care. The cleaning methods can extend their life while ensuring their continued effectiveness. Check out the following infographic to learn how to clean and maintain batting gloves efficiently.
- Safety Tips: Fastpitch Softball