If you want to have perfect-looking, flawless skin, the best BB cream for oily skin can protect you from acne, breakouts, and pesky spots. People with oily skin have difficulty finding the right cosmetic product that doesn’t clog pores or cause uneven breakouts. BB creams are multifunctional that act as a moisturizer, primer, and hydrating foundation at the same time.
The right BB cream for your skin type and tone can make it appear dewy with a radiant finish. If you’re looking for one, read through our list to find the best for yourself.
Our Top Picks
11 Best BB Creams For Oily Skin
1. Best Oil-Free: Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream
Covergirl’s multi-purpose oil-free matte formula is a lightweight water-based product that serves as a foundation, primer, and concealer. This BB cream can effectively ensure the best coverage and effortlessly hide blemishes and maintain even skin tone. The non-comedogenic formula blends well with your skin and provides a natural and delicate touch. It prevents skin breakouts and allows your skin to breathe freely. Check out this video to learn how this BB cream works.
- Blends perfectly
- Shine-free formula
- Suitable for oily and sensitive skin
- Good texture
- May require frequent reapplication
- May be slightly sheer
2. Best Long-Lasting : Maybelline Dream Pure Skin Clearing BB Cream
Maybelline’s BB skin cream is a powerful formula with essential ingredients, including glycols, dimethicones, and 2% salicylic acid. It is suitable for people with blemishes, acne, scars, and fine wrinkles. The cream ensures a long-lasting effect of up to ten hours. The product can prevent discoloration, and the active ingredients, such as glycerin and hydroxide, can retain skin moisture and easily absorb excess oil present on the skin. Learn more about the low-maintenance BB cream in this video.
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Blends smoothly
- Covers redness
- Tackles acne since it contains salicylic acid
- Hydrating formula
- May leave a slight orange tint on lighter skin tones
- Some might find the scent to be a little strong
3. Best For All Skin Types: Purlisse BB Tinted Moisturizer Cream
This multifunctional skincare cream is an effective product suitable for all skin types. The lightweight formula with powerful beeswax composition effortlessly evens skin tone, reduces redness, and conceals blemishes and spots. It may even protect your skin from bacteria, inflammations, and viral infections. The tinted moisturizer does not contain parabens, SLS, hydroquinone, and formaldehyde. Check out this video that has useful information about the BB cream.
- Blends well
- Does not leave the skin looking cakey
- Suitable for daily use
- Contains SPF 30
- Pleasant smell
- Vegan-friendly and cruelty-free
- May be lighter than you expect
- Texture might be slightly thick
4. Best With Antioxidants: Garnier Skin Skinactive BB Cream
The oil-free cream by Granier is rich in antioxidants, wild berries, mineral perlite, and SPF 20. It is a smoothing product that absorbs excess oil from greasy skin, minimizes visible pores, moisturizes the skin, and protects it from harmful ultraviolet rays. The cream can conceal blemishes, spots, acne, and redness. This lightweight product can last for up to 15 hours and is compatible with different skin tones.
- Light on the skin
- Does not clog pores
- Suitable for humid climates
- Good coverage and final finish
- Natural look
- Controls shine
- Some may not like the watery consistency
- May be slightly drying
5. Best For Controlling Sebum Secretion: Holika Holika Aqua Petit Jelly BB Cream
The water-based BB cream with jelly texture is compatible with oily and combination skin. The product’s texture facilitates smooth application and ensures easy blending to provide complete coverage. The cream effectively controls sebum secretion, and the soothing ingredients of mint water keep your skin moisturized and cool. This BB cream, rich in agar extracts from marine algae, is a gentle skincare product.
- Provides instant hydration
- Nice smell
- Gives skin a dewy look
- Makes the skin feel refreshed
- Texture may be a bit too light
- May leave the skin feeling a little dry for some
6. Best Water-Resistant: Coola Organic Rosilliance BB+ Cream
The light mineral-based BB cream contains the advantages of rose stem cell extracts and organic SPF 30. The formula is rich in powerful antioxidants that can moisturize your skin, even out your skin tone, conceal blemishes, and protect you from harmful UV rays. The water-resistant cream has a natural rosy fragrance and is long-lasting.
- Feels light on the skin
- Layers well with sunscreen
- Free of parabens and gluten
- Vegan-friendly and cruelty-free
- May be a little sheer
- May be a little greasy
7. Best For Oily Skin: Bobbi Brown BB Cream
The BB cream by Bobbi Brown is an effective product that provides the necessary hydration for oily skin. It keeps the skin bright, repairs dead skin cells, and gives it a matte effect. The cream, rich in SPF 35, also protects your skin from harmful UV rays. This product can effectively fight wrinkles and restore the shine and luster of dull skin.
- Feels natural
- Light on the skin
- Good substitute for makeup
- Has a smooth and even texture
- May not be long-lasting
8. Best for Glowing Skin: Smashbox Camera Ready Bb Cream
Smashbox Camera Ready BB cream is a five-in-one, multi-tasking tinted BB cream. This BB cream hydrates, perfects, primes, controls oil, and protects against the sun with its SPF 35 formula. It is formulated with emollients, optical pearl pigments and anti-aging peptides, which reduces the look of fine lines and wrinkles. This tinted formula conceals imperfections with light, buildable coverage.
- No chalky effect
- Suitable for dry and oily skin types
- Helps fade dark circles
- May be difficult to blend
- Might feel a little heavy on the skin
9. Best Non-Toxic Formula: LaMav Organic BB Cream
The non-greasy all-in-one BB cream is a nutrient-rich formula that can effectively prevent blemishes and dark spots and prevent aging signs. The product blends effortlessly to ensure even skin tone and bright skin and has a silky texture that glides smoothly. This non-toxic formula is rich in antioxidants and suitable for all skin types.
- Contains natural hyaluronic acid and vitamin c
- Moisturizing skin cream
- Works well on sensitive and eczema-prone skin
- Provides good coverage for large pores
- Hides smalls blemishes
- May have a slightly thick consistency
- May be slightly drying for some skin types
10. Best Parben-Free: Pupa Professionals BB Cream + Primer
The dermatologically tested antioxidant-rich BB cream and primer is an effective skincare product for oily and combination skin. The cream, rich in vitamin E and Hibiscus extracts, helps maintain the optimal moisture content and absorbs excess sebum on the skin to give it a matte effect. The non-comedogenic SPF 20-rich product does not leave any shine and is free of parabens and alcohol.
- Works as a BB cream and primer
- Lightweight and non-greasy
- Has a creamy texture
- Pleasant fragrance
- May make the T-zone a little shiny
- May not offer high coverage
11. Best Non-Greasy: Golden Rose BB Cream
Golden Rose smooth and hydrating BB cream is an all-in-one skin cream that can effectively eliminate skin blemishes and provide you with an even skin tone. The product is rich in SPF 25, antioxidants, and vitamin E, protecting the skin from harmful UV rays. The dermatologically tested, lightweight, and non-greasy cream does not contain parabens and oils.
- Suitable for those with sensitive skin
- Blends well with skin
- Has a pleasant smell
- Keeps the skin moisturized
- Easy to apply
- May not be long-lasting
- May not offer great coverage
How To Choose The Right BB Cream For Oily Skin?
Keep the following points in mind before picking the best BB cream for your oily skin.
- Active ingredients: Check the product’s active ingredients before making the final choice. Salicylic acid, glycerin, jojoba oil, and other ingredients make the BB cream ideal for oily skin. Such products may even prevent skin blemishes.
- Coverage: If you wish to buy a product that can conceal all skin imperfections, such as acne, wrinkles, spots, and uneven skin tone, be sure to check whether it can ensure buildable to moderate coverage.
- SPF content: Choose a BB cream rich in SPF content to protect your skin from ultraviolet rays. A multi-purpose product with good SPF content can also keep your skin hydrated.
- Free from chemicals: A BB cream without parabens, SLS, and other harmful chemicals can provide you all the benefits while keeping the skin safe. Choose an organic BB cream that is dermatologically tested and does not contain toxic chemicals.
- Scent: Choose a BB cream with a subtle fragrance. You may also choose a cream with a specific fragrance, depending on your preference.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a product writer with experience in beauty and personal care. In this post, she has compiled a well-researched list of BB creams for oily skin, along with their ingredients and how they work. She also offers pointers on how to choose the right BB cream for your skin based on factors such as ingredients, SPF content, and coverage. This list has been compiled based on user reviews and data from related product forums.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is BB cream good for oily skin?
Yes, BB creams have lightweight and mattifying properties and do not clog pores while keeping the skin hydrated. Some even provide SPF protection, thus making them good choices for oily skin.
2. Can I use moisturizer before applying BB cream?
Most BB creams are enriched with hydrating ingredients. If you have oily skin, the moisturizers present in the BB cream could suffice.
3. What is the difference between BB and CC cream?
A BB (blemish balm or beauty balm) cream is used to cover dark spots, redness, acne scarring, and other skin imperfections.
A CC (color correcting or complexion corrector) cream, on the other hand, bestows an even skin tone with a slight brightening effect.
4. Is it okay to use BB cream every day?
Most BB creams are easy to apply. You could use them daily if they include moisturizing ingredients.
5. Does a BB cream remove pimples?
Not all BB creams are designed to clear acne. The ones containing salicylic acid or other anti-acne ingredients could combat pimples.
6. How do I find my perfect BB cream shade?
Most good brands provide an online shade chart along with their names to help you pick the right shade. However, if you still find it confusing, opt for one that is suitable for most skin tones.
7. Is BB cream better than foundation?
BB creams are lighter and thinner than most foundations, and therefore, they could be a better choice if you have oily skin as they don’t clog the pores.
A BB cream with safe composition can give your face a flawless look post makeup. You must, however, learn about each ingredient used in making these creams as some may not suit you or cause an allergy. You must also consider its SPF and analyze its sun protection abilities. Moreover, a nonscented cream would be a safer option for your skin. You must also opt for one that is nontoxic or doesn’t contain any chemicals. Check out our comprehensive list and make an informed choice.
View Profile ›