BB guns are non-powdered firearms that look like real guns. While they are fun for youngsters, choosing the best BB guns for kids is essential in view of safety. These guns are used to improve shooting accuracy and also sharpen focus. If your kid likes BB guns and you want to get one for them, take a look at our list of the best ones below. However, ensure that your kids are under adult supervision while playing with them to avoid injuries.
Our Top Picks
11 Best BB Guns For Kids
The BB gun from Umarex features a .177 caliber, 19-shot gun. It has a trendy slide and muzzle design with a functional, under-muzzle Picatinny rail for accessories, such as a laser or flashlight. Learn more about this product in this video.
- Drop-free magazine
- All-metal magazine
- Shoots regular steel BBs
- Lightweight and durable polymer frame
- Magazine may jam
- Shooting range may be short
The Stinger P311 resembles some of the greatest US military pistols of the past and features a 12-round, easy-to-load magazine. It is a repeater airsoft pistol and comes with lever safety. It has a fixed-blade front sight and notched rear sight for accuracy. This video will provide you with added insights about the product.
- Shoots up to 325fps
- Delivers velocities up to 275fps
- Suitable for beginners
- May misfire
Quick Tip: Ensure your child wears safety goggles to protect the eyes while playing. The goggles should offer protection from all angles.
The kids’ BB gun by Crossman is suitable for children who prefer to play with big guns. It has a tactical-style, black rifled steel barrel. You can use this gun for plinking, pest control, target shooting, etc. It can shoot pellets up to 600fps and BBs up to 625fps.
- Includes a Crosman Firepow’s five-shot pellet clip
- Includes accessory rail mounts for scope, lasers, flashlights, and cameras
- May have a pressure issue
- May be a bit heavy
The 12gm, CO2-powered revolver-style BB gun by Umarex can shoot up to 10 pellets at once. This unique revolver can catch anyone’s attention. It can shoot BBs at 375fps. Take a look at this video to know more about the product.
- Integrated Picatinny accessory mounts for lasers, lights, or optics
- Durable polymer frame with metal parts inside
- Integrated hex key
- May leak
Quick Tip: Wearing gloves, full-sleeved shirts, and neck protectors can reduce the chances of injuries.
The BB gun by Daisy is suitable for shooting practices or camping adventures. It has a velocity of up to 350fps and a shooting range of up to 195 yards.
- Smooth bore steel barrel
- Adjustable open rear sights
- Includes stamped metal and saddle ring with a leather thong
- Cross bolt trigger block safety
- May have loading issues
Quick Tip: Determining the dominant eye can help your child aim better and use the gun efficiently.
The airsoft rifle can be suitable for teaching kids who like shooting and playing outdoors. It comes with a low velocity of 350fps, has a 650-shot capacity, and has a manual cross-bolt for additional safety.
- Lever locking system
- Solid stained wood stock and forearms
- Adjustable rear sight
- Smooth steel bore barrel
- Cocking lever may be plastic
- May be difficult to operate
The gun by Red Ryder can be a perfect Christmas gift to place under the Christmas tree. It can shoot up to 650 rounds and has a wood finish. The gun includes a sundial and a compass.
- Metal frame and barrel
- Manual safety
- Smooth bore steel blade
- Adjustable sights
- May not be long-lasting
- May lack precision aim shooting
8. Best Cast Iron Lever:Bear River Barra 1866 Cowboy Series Lever Action Multi-Pump BB And Pellet Air Rifle
The cowboy series gun by Bear River comes with a multi-pump system for better BB pellet firing. Its receiver and butt plate have a golden electroplating finish to offer a classic design. One to ten pumps can offer various power levels, with ten pumps shooting at a maximum of 800fps.
- Cast iron lever
- Adjustable iron sights
- Rifled 20″ metal octagonal barrel
- One-year warranty
- Air may leak
Barra air gun is compatible with pellets and BBs, making it fun to use. With this junior rifle, your child will feel like a real gunslinger from the old west. This gun has auto safety that engages after every shot. It can shoot up to 350fps with a single-pump pneumatic.
- Long lever arm
- Includes safety glasses
- Includes BBs and targets for practice
- High-quality finish
- May not be powerful
- Plastic parts may wear out quickly
The .177 caliber BB gun from ASG is an imitation firearm made from steel. Its durability and CO2-powered mechanism ensure maximum range and speed. The gun has a removable magazine, and its slide moves and delivers realistic blowback action.
- Manual safety
- Realistic finish
- Threaded muzzle
- Has authentic CZ markings and a singular serial number
- CO2 cartridge may leak
- May get jammed
The BB gun by Umarex is an accurate physical replica of the M&P firearm by Smith & Wesson. It fits the same holster made for firearms, making it a suitable practice gun. Accurate to a plain handgun distance of 8.3 yards, this BB-firing pistol will allow shooting your targets with double and triple taps. It can shoot steel BBs at up to 480fps.
- Manual safety
- Includes fiber optic rear sight
- Includes an integrated accessory rail
- Suitable for training and backyard plinking
- May get jammed
How To Choose The Right BB Guns For Kids?
Consider the following features when buying a BB gun for kids.
- Bodily injury: Make sure the gun protects from bodily injury if someone gets shot accidently. It should have manual safety enabled.
- Safety glasses: Ensure your child wears safety glasses to prevent any mishap.
- Powerful BB guns: Avoid buying powerful BB guns, especially if you buy them to train your child or for fun purposes.
- Small BB guns: Choose small BB guns as they are safe and easy to carry.
- Basic gun safety: Ensure your child is well-versed in the basics of gun safety before playing.
- Quality: Choose a gun made of high-quality, durable materials for a realistic look and a long-lasting performance.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose specializes in product analysis and reviews across categories like kids’ essentials, toys, and gifts. She loves to write about everything from classic games to new innovations that can keep children engaged in a meaningful way. Her research process involves scouring for toys that’ll help kids develop important skills while having a fun time. BB Guns are a safe and child-friendly way of sharpening their focus and improving shooting accuracy, which is why Priti has listed the best ones for her readers.
While playing with a gun, follow the safety rules and regulations to prevent injuries. Also, consider customer reviews when choosing the right gun for your kid. We hope our list of the best BB guns for kids can help you make the right choice.