If you are looking to buy the most comfortable furniture piece, bean bags will never disappoint you. But once you already have a bean bag at home, you will need to refill it with the best bean bag fillers to keep up the comfort levels. So if you are planning to get yourself a cozy bag filled with quality beans, make sure that you choose one that can be filled or fluffed back up with ease and is firm enough to take your body’s load. And once they’re re-fluffed, they get soft and comfy again, and add class to your home decor. If you have the right tools at home, fluffing the bean bags back up can get more manageable.
So please read on to find out the perfect bean bag filler for your new fun bag from our expert-recommended list.
11 Best Bean Bag Fillers
The Supa Modern shredded memory foam pillow filling is a replacement bean bag filler option available in a 5lbs capacity. It serves as a great refill for memory foam pillows, cushions, dog beds, and more. The filler has high-quality gel particles to keep it cooler than usual beans, as it holds minimal heat. This tried-and-tested product comes in compressed packaging and is easy to store.
- No gross dirt, dust, or debris
- Cushioned comfort
- Soft with a firm shape
- No flattening over time
- Can make the cover heavy
- May have an unpleasant smell
The bean bag filling from Bean Products comes in an eight cubic ft capacity and can fill up to 200l capacity. You can choose from three other filling capacity options available. It has a solid pattern and is available as polystyrene EPS beads. The round-shaped beads provide a comfortable refill and are suitable for refilling bean bags, pillows, cushions, poufs, and dog beds.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Great shape support
- Safe and non-toxic
- Airlight beads can easily spread out when refilling
- Can be a choking hazard for children
Get the most of Bubblefast’s Anti-Static Packing Peanuts that double up to offer you multiple uses. The safe, efficient, and all-around cushioning material protects any material irrespective of its shape, making it a comfortable bean bag filling. You can rely on these loose bean bag fillers to fill up the spaces and gaps to offer protection through resilience and blocking. The fillers also have bracing properties and high compression strength that make them easier to dispense. These tried-and-tested anti-static fillers are just what you need if you’re on the lookout for water-resistant bean bag stuffing.
- Made from styrofoam
- Ideal for planting needs
- Unique interlocking S-shaped peanuts
- For stronger cushioning and reliable protection
- You may need more than one bag to fill up an entire bean bag
This high-quality LinenSpa Shredded Memory Foam is soft and supportive because it is shredded to perfection. These long-lasting bean bag fillers are ideal to provide you comfort in the long run and can also be used for pillows, pet beds, cushions, and arts and crafts projects. They are a mix of quality recycled memory foam and when fully decompressed, can fill 2 cubic feet of space or a medium-large sized bean bag. Choose these fillers if you want conveniently compressed and vacuum-packed memory foam that also avoids a larger mess. Check out this video to learn more.
- Versatile filling
- Convenient filler size
- Can be used to fill or renew bags
- Available in different size packs
- Filling the bag may get slightly messy because of the static fillers.
The ACEssentials Bean Bag Replacement Pellets go a long way in refilling your favorite lounge furniture. This bag contains polystyrene beads that are ideal for filling multiple bags including loungers, chairs, ottomans, and more. According to the reviewers, Using fewer of these versatile and universal pellets can give you a soft and plush feeling, while you can add more beans for firmness and support. The high-quality, Grade A poly-material is shaped right compared to smaller and denser bean bag pellets. They also offer a long-lasting and durable feature that is ideal for your homes
- 100 liters of pellets
- Stylish and comfortable
- Comes well-packed
- Easy to use
- Slightly sticky and may get messy while filling up.
With in-built gel particles, the Coymos 5lbs Shredded Memory Foam provides you with a comfortable and relaxing environment to kick back in. As per reviews, you can easily maintain these 100% memory foam fillers by keeping them dry and ventilated at all times. The bigger shredded is ideal to retain the original shape and offers higher resilience than smaller particles. These standard bean bag accessories are suitable for filling pillows, cushions, dog beds, plush toys, and more, and offer the perfect bounce.
- Non-volatile substance
- No odor
- Durable and sustainable material
- Contains high-quality gel particles
- Do not easily heat up
- The memory foam cannot withstand exposure and may gradually turn yellow.
Do you want to renew your bean bag chair life? The Bean Products Shredded bean bag foam fill is ideal for you to help instantly re-fluff your chair. Without compressing like bead refills, this one also makes for a good alternative for cushions, pillows, or even art and crafts projects. The environment-friendly recycled fillers are made from furniture-manufacturing cut-offs and left-behinds that are then shredded to the right size. These tried-and-tested bean bag chair fillers are made without ozone depleters and vacuum-packed, but expand when used.
- Made without flame retardants
- No mercury, lead, or other heavy metals
- Do not contain phthalates or formaldehyde
- Low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)
- Certified CertiPUR-US
- May compact easily.
8. Best Child-Friendly: Bean Bag Factory – Bag Of Beans
The Disney exclusive Bag Of Beans is child-proof and ideal for if you have curious kids running about the house. Choose a fluffy and comfortable feeling with these easy-to-assemble bean bag fillers. The pack is 3.4 cubes and is ideal for reshaping older bean bag furniture that may compress over time. The virgin beads instantly make your bean bag more comfortable within a few minutes.
- Comes with a child-safety locking zipper
- Easy insert
- Spill-proof package
- May have a static cling so the filling can get slightly tricky.
This premium memory foam bean bag filing is a comfortable and long-lasting alternative to traditional beads and styrofoam filling pellets. The quality-tested premium bean bag fillers also make for an ideal filling for cushions, throw pillows, pet beds, stuffed animals, and more. You can make the best of these handy fillers that are durable, comfortable, and versatile. They also come in a compressed and vacuum-packed cover that makes it easier to fill your bean bags hassle-free.
- 100% memory foam
- Compact packaging
- Takes 48 hours to warm up and unfold
- Ideal volume of 2 cubic feet
- Has a slight chemical smell and needs to be aired out
The Gold Medal Anti-Static fillings for bean bags are suitable for fluffing your bean bags or ottomans, and you can choose from different bag sizes depending on your needs. The bean bag refills come with a zipper tab that is removed for safety. Not only do they prevent accidental opening during shipping, but they also make it easier to refill. You can pop a paperclip through the zipper opening to open it and then remove the paperclip when you are done refilling.
- Available in different sizes
- 100% polystyrene
- Anti-static refills
- 1.5 cubic feet of filling
- Versatile use
- Has a slightly chemical scent and needs to be aired out before use.
If you’re looking for ultra-soft bean bag fillers, then the Baby Booper Bean Bag Refill is ideal for you. The polystyrene fillers come in a large size that comfortably fills your bean bag and gives it just the right amount of fluff it needs to last longer. The refills are sized perfectly to fill your bean bag and give it a durable lift. According to the reviewers, you can use these mini-size fillers to shape up your bags and let them rest overnight so they’re just right to sit on.
- Offers stability
- Easy to refill
- Versatile for all household needs
- The microbeads are not static-proof.
How To Choose The Right Bean Bag Fillers?
Keep these factors in mind when choosing bean bag fillers.
- Material: The right bean bag fillers for you can vary from person to person, but you can make a wise choice when you consider the material of the fillers. There are different types of bean bag fillers, including EPS beads, compressed foam, natural material fillers, and microbeads. While each has its own benefits, you can look for those that are made of organic materials and meet safety standards and are certified.
- Quality: When looking for the best bean bag fillers, you may want to consider a quality option that is durable and long-lasting. It’s ideal to get impact-resistant and recyclable fillers that won’t compress over time. Look for bean bag fillers that are best suited for your needs. You may also consider some expert-approved alternatives to make the right choice.
- Form: Choose bean bag fillers that come in a form that best suits your needs. You can ideally pick compressed memory foam that will not only fill your bean bags but can also be used in versatile ways for other purposes like your pillows, cushions, stuffed toys, and more.
- Size and amount: Look for the right size of bean bag fillers that you can use for your bean bag. While shredded foam fillers may conform better, you can look for more flexible and viable options. You can also opt for lightweight and rigid alternatives, like styrofoam, especially those that can withstand heat and moisture.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have reviewed the best bean bag fillers in this article after carefully researching and scouring through various sources. The review process also involves going through testers’ experiences to gain better insights into the features and benefits of the products. We have also listed factors that one should keep in mind before investing in a bean bag filler to help you in the decision-making process.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much filling do I need for a bean bag?
You will need to consider two factors when you determine how much filling you need for your bean bag–the size of the chair and how much you would want it to sink in. Often, you will find that brand new bags come with instructions about filling capacity, but approximately one kilogram of filling would suffice to cover a cubic foot.
2. Are microbeads good as bean bag filling?
Microbeads may not be ideal as bean bag fillers as they are smaller. While they may work well for smaller bean bags, they may not work for adult-sized chairs. Microbeads are also controversially known for being an environmental hazard.
3. Why do bean bags go flat?
Bean bags can sometimes go flat because of the type of filling used. Often, bean bag fillers consist of beans with air pockets that compress when pressure is applied. Every time you sit on them, the air is pushed out of the bean bag beads, compressing them and reducing the size of the bean bag.
4. Is foam or beads better for bean bags?
Foam-filled bags are lightweight and can be reduced to one-fourth of their size, making them portable and travel-friendly. However, they can have a rough texture due to the rigidness of the foam.
On the other hand, bean-filled bags are more comfortable than foam-filled bags as they take the shape of the person sitting on them. However, the beans tend to go flat after prolonged use.
5. How can I make my bean bag fluffy again?
Follow any of these methods to fluff up your bean bag.
- Try shaking up the bag or uncompressing it.
- Change the outer cover of the bag to give it some definition.
- Refill your bean bag.
6. What else can I fill a bean bag with?
Fill your bean bags with usual fillings such as plastic EPS or EPP beads. Rice, hay, pebbles, old clothes, and shopping bags are eco-friendly bean bag filler alternatives to plastic and synthetic fillers.
Bean bags are a useful addition to your living space and can be easily moved into your bedroom, drawing room, or patio. You can choose one that is durable, long-lasting, eco-friendly, and certified for quality. They consist of fillers that make the bag fluffy and comfortable. Since the bean bag’s contents exist in different shapes and sizes, you have to decide how much of it you are willing to add to your bean bag to make yourself feel more comfortable.
Infographic: How To Choose Fillers For Bean Bags
Beans bags are a great piece of furniture when it comes to relaxation. However, the beans need to be replenished periodically to maintain their fluffiness. So are you planning to buy new fillers for your bag? Check out the infographic below on features to consider before buying bean bag fillers.