A stylish addition to your bedroom, a bed skirt can transform your space into an elegant and cozy haven. Available in various colors and designs, here’s our list of the best bed skirts that you can choose from. Bed skirts ensure that your bed space looks neat and there is no clutter spoiling the aesthetics of the space. They usually extend from below the bed frame to the floor and create a statement that makes your room stand out. These bed skirts add a touch of sophistication and make your bedroom complete and refined. They are also soft and comfortable and keep your floors clean and protected from dirt.
It could be difficult to find the right bed skirt that best complements your bed and your taste. Consider the room’s decor, the texture, the material, and other factors when making your decision. However, we have reviewed several user-tested and trusted products to make it easy for you. So, explore our list to get a bed skirt for your home and give your bedroom a personal touch.
Types Of Bed Skirts
Various types of bed skirts are available. Choose one based on your requirements.
- Wraparound bed skirts: This bed skirt is usually made from stretchy material with elastic at the top and bottom, and covers the box spring by smoothly contouring it. They are available in a variety of colors, and are stylish, but do not cover the space under the bed as they are molded to the box spring.
- Detachable bed skirts: These are very useful if you have a heavy or large mattress, as you don’t have to struggle with lifting the mattress every time you want to wash or change the bed skirt. In some cases the mattress may have to be lifted the first time as some detachable skirts are attached to a panel that fits between the mattress and box spring. Other elastic bed skirts for bed frames can stretch around the top of the box spring.
- Tailored bed skirts: If you are not particularly fond of ruffled bed skirts, you have the option of using a bed skirt with tailored design for bed frames that have flat, smooth fabric panels. This classy and elegant style works well in contemporary bedrooms.
- Bed skirt with split corners for bed frame: These bed skirts feature 2 splits between the side panels and end panel. With beds that have a footboard, the end skirt panel can be tucked beneath the footboard without the side skirts bunching up. The splits make it possible for the side skirts to hang down evenly.
- Box pleat bed skirts: Box pleating gives bed skirts a very sleek look and is created by pleating the fabric back and forth along the bottom and side panels, and then pressing it flat. It doesn’t add to the function of the bed skirt and only has an aesthetic role. After laundering, It may need to be ironed after washing so that the box pleats lie flat again.
- Gathered bed skirts: The fabric is gathered to create ruffles and vertical waves around a bed skirt, and go well with many kinds of décors. Look for a bed skirt with decorative trim for bed frames. The more fabric that is gathered, the more ruffled will be the effect, and will create a frilly look.
11 Best Bed Skirts For Your Bed Frame In 2023
1. Best Easy-To-Maintain: AmazonBasics Pleated Bed Skirt
Crafted with durable and soft polyester microfiber, the fabric of this bed skirt is long-lasting, easy to maintain, and is stain-resistant. Its full size is ideal for concealing things stored under the bed storage, metal bed bases, and box springs. This pleated bed skirt for bed frames features corner and kick-pleat details, and measures 54 x 75 inches with 16 inches of drape. It It is manufactured in a Green factory, which ensures that the textile is quality-tested and meets the highest environmental and safety standards. Available in various sizes and colors, it offers an elegant solution to covering the space between the floor and bed, as it creates a neat perimeter around your bed. It also doubles as a ruffle dust skirt as it deflects dust and prevents it from collecting under the bed.
- Contemporary look
- Machine washable
- Helps enhance visual appearance
- Some feel the material could be thicker.
2. Best Fade-Resistant: Laura Ashley Home Queen Bedskirt
The Laura Ashley Home queen bed skirt can be a great aesthetic addition to your bedroom decor. It is available in pristine white and has a solid pattern made of 100% cotton. This trusted bed skirt for queen bed frame measures 60 x 80 in and has a 15 in drop. Made of soft sateen fabric, it has a 220-thread count fabric with delicate crochet trim. This queen dust skirt is also available in other sizes to meet your requirements.
- Easy cleaning with machine wash
- Soft and comfortable
- Pleasing ruffled edge
- Breathable material
- Wrinkle-resistant fabric
- May be difficult to iron
- Drop may not be sufficient for some
3. Best Pleated: PiccoCasa King Size Pleated Bed Skirt
The PiccoCasa king-size pleated bed skirt is designed as a bed frame and box spring cover with a 16-in tailored drop. This light gray dust ruffle for bed frames has seven other color options to go with your bedding and room interiors and has three other size choices. This bed skirt for king bed frame is made of microfiber fabric in a solid pattern and gives the bed a classic look. The product measures 78 x 80 in and covers the bed properly. According to the reviewers, its 110 gsm polyester fabric makes it thicker than a regular bed skirt.
- Durable and long-lasting
- Soft and comfortable
- Smartly designed with one elastic side
- May be wider than expected
- Skirt drop may look thin and sheer
4. Best With Wide Elastic Band: Meila Wraparound Bed Skirt
Crafted with soft and smooth polyester microfiber, this bed skirt is suitable for king, queen, and California king size beds. Incredibly durable, it has a smart design with elastic on one side and fabric on the other three sides. Offering quality assurance, the adjustable bed skirt for bed frame is strong, and the wide elastic band makes it extremely easy to put on and take off your bed without lifting the mattress. It’s perfect for concealing the bed frame, mattress, box springs, and things you have stored under the bed. Easy to care for, this wraparound frill bed skirt features a 16-inch drop, and prevents dust from collecting under the bed.
- Ruffled bed skirt design
- Adjustable design
- Available in different sizes and colors
- Cannot be used on beds with footboards or posts
5. Best Shrink-Resistant: Utopia Bedding Full Bed Skirt
Measuring 54 x 75 inches, this tried-and-tested full-size bed skirt with pleat details for bed frames is designed with brushed 100% polyester microfiber and features soft quadruple pleated ruffles—two at the sides, and two on the front corners. It has a 16-inch drop that covers your bed frame and box spring completely and gives your room a tidy and neat look. The high tensile strength of this fabric makes it durable, strong, and wear-resistant. Its tightly woven structure causes liquids to bead up on the surface and makes it both water and stain-resistant. Ensure a stylish and sleek look for your bedroom with this elegant bed skirt.
- Breathable fabric
- Quick drying
- Machine washable
- Available in different colors and sizes
- Is not wrinkle-resistant
6. Best Hypoallergenic: Bare Home Pleated Twin XL Bed Skirt
Crafted with high-quality brushed microfiber, this twin XL bed skirt measures 39 x 80 inches and features a 15-inch drop. It features a hydro-brushed finish for unrivaled durability and softness. Both practical and stylish, it conceals your bed frame and bed legs so that you can store things under your bed. It features pleats at the center and corners, and is easy to fit on the bed. The same fabric is used all over, so there is no unsightly white base like other bed skirts. This lightweight bed skirt for twin bed frame is easy to care for, can be machine washed in cool water, and does not require ironing.
- No harmful dyes or chemicals
- Some feel the material could be thicker.
7. Best Tear-Resistant: Nestl Pleated Bed Skirt
If you are not into the ruffled, fussy, Victorian look, this bed skirt is just the one for you with its modern, crisp, and sharp lines. This luxurious, 100 GSM brushed microfiber bed skirt with quality craftsmanship features a tight weave and is soft, silky, durable, and sturdy. Measuring 60 x 80 inches, it’s ideal for queen size beds, and though light and flexible, it is heavy enough to stay in place. The queen dust skirt features pleated corners with a 14-inch tailored drop so that you can keep things under your bed and yet have your room looking beautiful, neat, and tidy. Easy to clean, this basic bed skirt is machine-washable in cold water and is easy to iron.
- Contemporary appearance
- Some feel the supporting fabric could be more durable.
8. Best Microfiber: Lux Decor Collection Bed Skirt
Apart from allowing you to store your belongings beneath the bed, LDC’s stylish bed skirt can also enhance the appearance of your bed by making it appear more clean and elegant. It is made of brushed microfiber and sports a thread count of 1800, making it soft, durable, and stain-resistant. Further, this best-selling bed skirt features quadruple pleating, two at the front and two on its sides, to provide a non-slip fit. It measures 78 x 80 inches and has a 16-inch drop to cover bed frames of all sizes.
- Easy to fit
- Fade-proof material
- Available in three classic colors and sizes
- Slits at the corner might be a little short for some beds
- May not have clean stitching
9. Best Stain-Resistant:Nestl Pinch Pleat Bed Skirt
Made of double-brushed 100 GSM microfiber material, Nestl’s bed skirt is a stain-resistant and durable option to make your bed appear more elegant and fashionable. This bed skirt with pinch pleat detailing measures 78 x 80 inches and has a 14-inch long drape to suit all kinds of bed frames. It has undergone rigorous tests to meet OEKO-Tex standards. This designer bedding is ideal for concealing your under-bed storage and keeping your bed area looking clean.
- Clean stitching
- Decorative fabric
- Available in multiple colors
- Material might be slightly thin
- May not be wrinkle-proof
10. Best With Split Corners: Shopbedding Blissford Ruffled Bed Skirt
Featuring split corners, this ruffled bed skirt for bed frame is crafted with high quality 200 thread count fabric, which is a blend of polyester and cotton. The bedding skirt is sewn to a fabric platform that goes over the boxspring and is kept firmly in place by the mattress. It features beautiful ruffles on three sides with flawlessly tailored hem, and coordinates with both solid and patterned bedding. According to the reviewers, the best part is that it works on beds with bed posts and footboards where most bedskirts cannot be used. This twin bed skirt has a 21-inch drop length, effectively concealing box springs, bed frames, and whatever you may have stored under the bed. This practical and functional bed skirt gives your bedroom an elegant and finished look.
- Wears well
- Machine washable
- Available in 16 colors and several sizes
- Not shrink or wrinkle-resistant
11. Best 100% Polyester: Fresh Ideas Eyelet Bed Skirt
The timeless design of this bed skirt features a flat base with a beautiful full ruffle trim. This elegant bed skirt with scalloped edges for bed frames also has intricate eyelet embroidery. Designed for king-size beds, the flat bed skirt measures 80 x 78 inches with a 14-inch drop length and effectively hides clutter under the bed as well as box springs, legs, and bed frames. Crafted with 100% polyester microfiber, the fabric is fade-resistant and pre-shrunk so that it always looks as good as new. A hit among reviewers, this bed skirt gives the ideal finishing touch to your bed, and can be paired with both a solid or patterned quilt, duvet cover, or comforter to enhance the visual appearance.
- Machine washable
- Contemporary color selection
- Some feel the flat sheet fabric should be more durable.
How To Choose The Right Bed Skirt?
- Material: Though the fabric of bed skirts is not as important as that of bed sheets and comforters as they don’t touch your skin, in some cases, material scrutiny is useful to find the ones that are more durable and dust-resistant than others. 100% cotton or a blend of cotton and polyester blend is very durable and wear-resistant.
Linen works well for box-pleat or tailored bed skirts because it holds a pressed crease beautifully. On the other hand, linen wrinkles when laundered, and requires ironing. Microfiber, which is usually a blend of polyester and nylon, is extremely soft, durable, and almost wrinkle-free, but has a slight static charge, which may attract dust.
- Thread count: The number of stitches per square inch of fabric constitutes the thread count. The thread count in bed skirts is usually between 100 TC to 300 TC. The higher the thread count of the fabric, the tighter the pores will be, so it’s less likely to gather dust.
- Bed frame dimensions: A bed skirt is usually determined by the size of the bed frame, which may be full, king, or queen. If you are unsure about the size of your bed, these are the measurements to follow- bed skirt for full bed frame: 54 x 75 inches, twin: 39 x 75 inches, king: 78 x 80 inches, and queen: 60 x 80 inches
- Drop measurement: This is the distance from the top of the box springs to the floor. Whether you want the bottom of the bed skirt to be an inch above the floor or touch the floor will determine the drop length that you will go for. Skirts that finish an inch above the floor are less likely to collect dust than those touching the floor. Most bed skirts range between 12 to 16 inches.
- Colors, patterns, and textures: Usually bed skirts come in standard colors like grey, brown, red, and blue, but some do come in patterns, like stripes, floral designs, or plaids. Others also come in a textured fabric. What you choose depends on the look you are going for. Choose the color according to your preference or the color theme of the rest of the room.
Do remember that lighter colors tend to be more transparent, especially with thinner fabrics. In that case the bed skirt should be lined, or it won’t hide the clutter below the bed. You can also experiment with embellishments like lace, ribbon, or beads to customize the look.
- Ease of use: Traditional bed skirts are draped like a bed sheet directly over the bed frame. This ensures that they stay in place, and only shift when the mattress does. It’s only problem is that you need to remove the heavy mattress every time you want to change it. Elastic wrap-around bed skirts for bed frames are easier to put on and take off, but tend to slip off or sag more easily.
- Ease of cleaning: Most bed skirts are machine washable on a cold cycle, and tumble dried on low. It can go straight from the washer to the bed, unless made from linen, in which case it will require ironing.
Advantages Of Owning A Bed Skirt
Here are a few reasons you should lay your hands on a bed skirt.
- Prevents dust buildup: Bed skirts that extend from the mattress to the floor create a barrier that prevents dust, dust mites and other allergens from collecting under the bed, and in the box springs. Most bed skirts are crafted with hypoallergenic materials that are dust-resistant.
- Conceals the box spring: Because box springs are not particularly attractive, a bed skirt serves well to hide them. If you do not own a box spring, it’s very effective in concealing items stored under the bed. The room can look very messy, and a bed skirt will make both the bed and the whole room look better.
- Reduces drafts: They can reduce air drafts that travel through bedrooms so that the bed’s temperature is neutral. However, do remember that most bed skirts cannot block moderate or strong drafts effectively.
- Improves aesthetics: Bed skirts can add to the décor and look of the room, and there are a variety of colors, patterns, textures, colors, styles, and shapes that you can choose from.
Jodie Filogomo, a style consultant and fashion blogger, says, “Don’t limit yourself to only one color or style of bed skirts. Lay your hands on various types in different styles, cuts, materials, and colors to complement different rooms and express yourself.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Bed skirts add a stylish look to your bedroom and give it an elegant and classy look. Thus, Wedetso Chirhah, our in-house reviewer and writer of home decor products, has curated a list of the best bed skirts based on his creative expertise that can easily transform the look of your room. These bed skirts have been chosen keeping their quality and your comfort in mind and are based on customer reviews from trusted websites and online forums to offer you an unbiased opinion. A buying guide has also been added to help you make a well-informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How should I put on a bed skirt?
To put on a bed skirt, slip it between the box spring and mattress or wrap it around the sides of the box spring if it is a detachable wraparound skirt. It should stay in place with elastic.
2. How do I fold a bed skirt?
It is not recommended to fold a bed skirt as it may cause wrinkles. Instead, remove it from the dryer and place it back on the bed to prevent wrinkles.
3. How should I put a bed skirt on without removing a mattress?
The first step is to lift one corner of the mattress and put the bedding skirt below it. Then gently lift the other side of the mattress to get the skirt out. You can repeat the process with all four corners and the result would be neat and aesthetic.
4. Should a bed skirt match the bedding?
Both neutral matching tones and contrasting pops are quite popular. You can try mixing your bed skirt and bedsheet’s color tones or use monochromatic colors for both.
5. How often should I wash my bed skirt?
Unlike sheets or pillow covers that come directly in contact with your body, bed skirts don’t need regular maintenance. However, it is crucial to keep it clean.
A bed skirt is a great way to make your bed look visually appealing by hiding any boxes you have stored underneath your bed. So pick a bed skirt that has the ideal drop length and suits your bed frame dimensions. Many prefer bed skirts made of polyester since they are durable, but you could pick other materials that are soft, durable, and machine washable. Further, choose the color, pattern, and texture of your bed skirt such that it blends well with your bedroom interiors and bed cover.
Infographic: How To Put A Bed Skirt On?
A bed skirt can enhance the look of your bedroom and prevent dust and mites underneath your bed. Apart from buying the right bed skirt, you should also know how to put it on. Follow the steps mentioned in this infographic for a flawless and neat look.