The best bed trays are great for serving breakfast or working on the bed. You can also use them for writing, drawing, working on a laptop, and activities that require a stable base. It offers the comfort of working, doing homework, having your meals, or simply studying in the comfort of your bed space.
If a bed tray is what you need for yourself, you’ve arrived at the right place. Here, we have created a list of some reliable and user-friendly bed tray tables available online to help you pick your favorite. Read on and choose a quality product.
11 Best Bed Trays in 2024
1. Best Multifunctional:Pipishell Bamboo Bed Tray Table
Use your laptop or enjoy your breakfast in bed with this multifunctional bed tray table made of durable and eco-friendly bamboo. The foldable legs of the table allow for compact storage, and the built-in handles make it easy to transport the table from the kitchen to your bedroom or any other place. The lap desk also comes with raised edges to enable you to move the table without the fear of the cups or plates slipping off the table.
- Can hold plates up to ten inches
- Easy to clean
- Simple design
- Made of renewable and sustainable material
- Available in multiple colors
- Might be smaller than expected
- Surface might be a little thin
"I've found this tray table to be a practical choice for various needs. It has a stable surface for eating in bed, and I like the added features like the phone and tablet strip. Overall, it's a versatile piece for small spaces and simple tasks."
The time-tested adjustable bed table tray is made of walnut wood, measures 13.77 x 25.37 x 8in, and weighs six pounds. The bed tray comes with a functional design and has foldable legs and a drawer for easy storage. The flip-top bed tray has lap clearance with 20.56-inch width and 6.30-inch height. The smaller section on the top measures 7.73in wide and is 13.78in deep.
- Built using compound wood for durability
- Perfect finish that offers even surface area for the mouse
- Affordable price
- Easy stockpiling
- The drawer is small
"This bed tray has been great for working and watching movies in bed. The flip-top is perfect for tablets, and I use the handy storage drawer frequently. It is a bit heavy, so it's not super portable, but the foldable legs are helpful."
This multipurpose product can be used as a laptop stand, breakfast tray with storage, travel desk, bed tray, book stand, and gaming desk. The tried and trusted folding bed tray has stacks of storage compartments for pens, paper, and office provisions, and it has a robust hold closure at the top to keep your items safe. The collapsible folding lap desk’s functional design makes it portable.
- Lightweight design
- Portable and easy to store, making it a good companion for travel
- Extra space for storage
- Material used for the bed tray is fragile
"This is a decent pick for my kids to do their homework and works as a lap desk too. It has a handy storage spot and holds up well for light use at home and during travels. I like the size, and it is easy to clean. Just treat it gently."
Pipishell Bamboo Bed Tray Table
Winsome Alden Bed Tray
Mavo Craft Folding Lap Desk
Best For Extra Storage Space
|11"D x 15.8"W x 6"H
|25.37"D x 13.78"W x 8.06"H
|11"D x 17.5"W x 7.5"H
This multi-tasking bed tray has an adjustable design and is made of ABS, aluminum, and silicone sheet material. The bed tray measures 20.5in long, 11.8in wide, and 2.32in high, and weighs 3.13lb. It features two auto-lock buttons on each side for changing the height. The bed tray has two clamps, which can be used to adjust the surface angle from 0-30°. Watch this review video for more information about the time-tested overbed table.
- Legs can be adjusted to five different heights
- 12-month replacement or refund for defective product
- Comes with preventable slippery mouse wristbands
- Legs may be delicate
"I've been using this table for a while now, and it's a solid choice for studying or working on the go. It allows you to adjust the height and angle and works both for left and right-hand use. The detachable wrist rest is a nice touch."
The angle-adjustable bed tray comes with surface tilts at 0°, 15°, 25°, or 35°. The foldable tray features five height-adjustable levels with the press of a button. The large stand-up desk elevates laptops up to 17 inches and also has a soft wrist rest to avert strain, making it a trusted choice of many.
- Folding blockers keep the device from falling off
- Enough space for mouse
- Legs neatly fold below the bed table
- Heavy due to its size
- May not be very stable
"This laptop desk is a convenient option, and I appreciate its multiple height settings. It wobbled a bit initially but has stabilized after repeated use. Just be a bit careful handling the plastic legs to ensure it gives you long-lasting use."
This classic bed tray comes with handles for easy mobility, while its legs fold easily to make storage easy. The tried-and-tested product is constructed using bamboo wood and measures 18in x 12in x 8in. The breakfast tray with handles is three inches high in the folded position and eight inches when standing.
- Perfect for TV dinners
- Free lifetime guarantee
- Ensures durability and stability
- Pins are not properly attached
"This lightweight tray has been an all-rounder for meals or crafts. It has quality handles and foldable legs and works well for its intended purposes. It has become a well-loved piece of furniture in my house."
7. Best Durable:Greenco Bamboo Foldable Table
Greenco’s bed tray table is made of durable and strong bamboo. It measures 2.5in high when folded and nine inches tall when standing. In addition, its foldable legs and two hollowed handles make it suitable for serving breakfast in bed. Alternatively, it can also be used as a laptop tray or decor display.
- Easy to clean
- Affordable option
- Sturdy and portable breakfast tray
- Lightweight material
- Legs may not be lockable
- May not have a smooth surface
"This tray has served my recovery needs with its slightly large dimensions, providing extra comfort and space. The quality of the wood is pretty good, but the legs are a tad short, and I wish it had leg locks for safety. Still, I appreciate the stability; it has helped me be more mobile during my recovery."
The user-friendly bed tray can accommodate a 16-inch laptop with enough space for a mouse. It is easy to carry around and has a gap of 22.1in between the legs, giving sufficient space for stretching your feet. Plus, this overbed table is built using a strong aluminum alloy frame, making it lightweight.
- Lightweight and foldable
- Non-slip bottom ensures the table is stable
- Comes with supporting buckle
- Bolts are too tight
"This portable table is excellent for supporting my laptop and work essentials comfortably. It has decent legroom, and while I found it a bit tricky to fold initially, it smoothed out pretty fast."
This multipurpose lap desk with storage by Nnewvante can be used as a laptop tray, TV dinner tray, or standing desk. It is constructed using natural bamboo, with its height and width adjustable to five different slots. The efficient and adjustable lap desk also tilts to five angles and comes with eight leg rubber tips to prevent scratches on the floor, quilt, or carpet.
- Removable baffle to prevent the laptop from sliding off
- Comes with a small storage drawer
- Handmade polished laptop desk stand
- Adjustable height
- Holes on the surface of the desk are not aligned with the wooden tab meant to hold the laptop up
"The adjustable height, tilt options, and side drawer make this table convenient for working from home. The built-in fan for cooling my laptop is a nice touch, and it is stable with preset slots on the legs."
The time-tested bed tray with a dark espresso finish comes with carved handles. It is constructed using solid composite wood and measures 24.4in in length, 14.9in in width, and 16in in height. The bed tray requires no assembly and weighs just four pounds. It has a curved design to prevent things from falling off.
- Made of tough material
- Folding legs for easy storage
- Easy to clean
- Carved handles design gives a contemporary look
- Legs may sometimes get displaced
"This tray's size and sturdiness make it a practical choice for me, and it has been a reliable surface for working in bed. It seems decently durable, but time will tell how it holds up to regular use. For now, it meets my immediate needs and has been a helpful addition to my home office setup."
This is one of the best trays made of natural Bamboo. The bed tray can accommodate up to 17. 3-inch laptops and has a built-in media bar that holds any size tablet or mobile phone at two optimal angles. It has a height of 10.5 inches when standing and three inches when folded. The tried-and-tested bed tray is available in two color options, including natural bamboo and brown bamboo.
- Lowered front ledge improves comfort
- Tray keeps pieces from sliding off
- Easy to assemble
- Color of the bed tray may fade
"Discovering this multifunctional tray has made day-to-day activities a lot more convenient. It has a durable construction and accommodates my breakfast and MacBook comfortably. The handles ensure ease of transport."
How To Choose The Right Bed Tray?
Bed trays are useful for holding several things, food items, laptops, tablets, and books. Here are a few things to consider to pick the right one.
- It is important to find the right-sized table to suit your requirements. Bed tray tables come in different sizes; you can choose the larger bed trays since they are versatile and can hold more dishes and larger laptops. However, if you have a small laptop or want to carry the tray when you travel, consider buying a smaller one. You can also get a laptop tray table with adjustable height to ensure a comfortable work position.
- The bed trays come in different designs to suit all tastes. The functional design of the bed tray should include foldability for easy storing after usage. Such a design also enables users to carry the bed tray anywhere without difficulty.
- The bed tray should be durable and made of high-quality materials. The materials used for the construction of bed trays include bamboo wood, aluminum, or ABS plastic. Pick one based on your preference and usage.
- Stability is another factor that needs to be considered before making up your mind to buy the best bed tray for your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will I have to assemble bed trays myself?
Most of the bed trays come pre-assembled, although some bed trays have a more complex design and come with flexible legs. Such bed trays may need to be assembled partly at home.
2. How big should bed trays measure?
The bed tray dimensions can be anywhere between 10 inches or 16 inches deep and 24 inches wide. If you are using a laptop, check the measurements of your bed tray before purchasing it.
3. Will a bed tray table work and maintain balance if it is set on a couch or chair?
Bed tray tables need to be placed on a stable surface to maintain balance. A couch or chairs are generally soft or have indents on them, making them unstable for placing a bed table on them.
4. Will a wide-legged person fit into bed trays?
Some bed tray tables can accommodate a wide-legged person. The width of a bed tray table varies with each product. Therefore, look carefully at the specifications to buy a reliable product.
5. Are the bed tray tables waterproof?
Most bed tray tables are made of waterproof material. Some bed trays are fitted with silicone mats to make them waterproof. Therefore, look carefully at the specifications before buying the product. Keep in mind to wipe away the spilled liquid from the surface, even if it is waterproof, to increase its longevity.
6. How do I clean the bed tray tables?
It is very easy to clean a bed tray table. Start by wiping the surface of the table with a cloth dampened with a soap solution, and then wipe it with regular water and let it dry.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is known for her meticulous research and articulated reviews about kitchen products and furniture. She studies the specifications of each product well before suggesting them to her readers. Here, Sakshi has listed the best bed tray tables with solid composition, good storage space, and a compact and lightweight design. Each of the stylish tables on this list is described in brief. Sakshi has also included a buying guide to help you decide about your purchase.
Bed tray tables save you the hassle of getting out of bed to work or eat. Whether you’re working from your bed or are sick, you can easily set your bed tray table and enjoy your meal on the bed. Available in various sizes, choose a table depending on the size of your device or the required space. Selecting a well-made aluminum, ABS plastic, or thickly layered bamboo bed table saves you from replacing it frequently. Our top recommendations include the Nearpow Laptop Bed Tray Table with a laptop workstation and the Pipishell Bamboo Bed Tray Table with raised edges. Also, choose tables with adjustable tops, such as the Winsome Alden Bed Tray, or check the table’s height and design to ensure it suits your needs.