Thanks to the best bedside sleeper, you can now let your little one sleep in a safe spot. Many parents prefer to use bedside sleepers to keep the babies close by when sleeping or reduce crying. These sleepers are safer than letting your baby sleep with you on the same bed. They come with adjustable heights and sides, which you can lower when needed. You can also use them as standalone bassinets, due to which they are widely used by parents taking their babies for a vacation.
Gopa Bezboruah, a mommy blogger and entrepreneur, says, “Bedside sleepers can give you some space to sleep even when your baby is beside you in the same room. Make sure you bring home one that meets safety standards and is adjustable and portable.”
Here, we bring you a list of well-recommended bedside sleepers available online. Read on to know about them and get a few tips to choose the right product.
9 Best Bedside Sleepers
1. Best With Dual Pockets: Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper
This bedside sleeper with mesh sides is among the safe sleepers, rather than high padded sides and has two straps. You can effortlessly attach this bedside bassinet to a larger bed, and it can be used until the baby can stay upright. You can also easily place it in any room in the upright position with both sides raised and use it as a freestanding bassinet. It has a mattress and a board and is available in seven different heights. This video review showcasing a tester’s experience can help you make an informed choice.
- Dual pockets on the sides for storage
- Sets up easily without tools
- Wheels with brakes for portability
- Base may be hard
- Does not include soft mattress
2. Best Machine-Washable: Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer
This is one of the best bedside sleepers for those who prefer mesh on the sides. The baby co-sleeper has six height adjustment options, and the mattress is designed to provide the appropriate amount of support while remaining firm for an extended period. Parents can quickly move this baby’s bedside sleeper, which is light in weight. You can place it in various rooms to allow the baby to be actively monitored. Take a look at this video to learn more about the product from a tester’s experience.
- Machine-washable sheet
- Quick assembly without tools
- Includes side mesh for easy visibility
- Anchoring the baby bedside sleeper is easy
- No pockets or space for storage
- May not be easy to use on tall beds
3. Best Unique: Ronbei Baby Bassinet
This bedside crib for the baby has a classic look and feel, making it ideal for parents who want to keep their baby close to their bed when sleeping. This is the best bedside sleeper because of its unique features, such as a box that plays soothing lullabies and a space for hanging soft toys. Its longer sides are made of breathable mesh, which keeps a baby safe and comfortable when sleeping. The height of this adjustable bedside sleeper is over nine levels to accommodate different beds.
- Machine-washable cover
- Tool-free installation of bedside co-sleeper
- Lightweight and portable design
- Sturdy base and safe metal frame
- No zipper for easy opening
- Mesh is not see through
- May tilt and cause a baby to slide
Mika Micky Bedside Sleeper
Best With Dual Pockets
Baby Delight Beside Me Dreamer
Ronbei Baby Bassinet
|Weight||20 Pounds||19 Pounds||27.6 pounds|
|Material||Fabric, metal, Mesh||Fabric, Mesh||fabric|
|Dimensions||24.5"L x 36.1"W x 32.7"H||37"L x 22.5"W x 31"H||36.2"L x 27.1"W x 39.4"H|
|Color||Grey||Charcoal Tweed||Dark Grey|
4. Best For Easy Attachment: Dream On Me Skylar Bassinet
This bedside sleeper’s distinctive legs make it easy to maintain an upright position. Further, this bedside sleeper with an easy folding mechanism, folds both outwards and inwards, and can be as close to the bed as possible. Its zip enables you to quickly convert it from a bassinet to a bedside sleeper cot. It can be trusted by moms and dads as it has five height adjustment options and is suitable for babies up to six months.
- Straps are sturdy and allow for easy attachment to beds
- Easy to set up without tools
- Allows infants to sleep comfortably
- Mesh panels allow for air to pass through easily
- Not easy to use when traveling
- May wobble
5. Best For Transportation: Papablic 2-in-1 Bonni Baby Bassinet & Bedside Sleeper
This expert-approved cosleeper with a sturdy frame made of aluminum and iron allows infants to sleep safely and comfortably.This freestanding bassinet offers five height positions, allowing the bedside co-sleeper to reach and stay level with most adult beds. The side panels are made of a soft and breathable fabric. The wheels assist in moving the bedside sleeper and have brakes that lock and prevent them from turning.
- Bedside sleeper with storage pockets on both sides
- Carry bag for easy transportation
- Zipper for easy operation
- Mesh for visibility and easy airflow
- Meets the latest industry standards
- Base tends to stick out
- May not fit easily through door frames
6. Best Three-In-One: BabyWombWorld Baby Bedside Sleeper
The bedside sleeper bed by BabyWombWorld is easy-to-assemble that meets all safety standards to provide a safe and secure place for your baby to sleep and play. The baby-friendly three-in-one bedside sleeper can be conveniently converted into a playpen, and the side can be lowered for bedside sleeping. And as your child grows and becomes more active, the sides of the bed sleeper can be raised to convert it into a crib for their security.
- Upper and lower sleeping levels
- Has a set of wheels with brakes
- Made of 300D melange fabric
- Offers safe sleep surface
- Zipped storage space
- Lightweight and portable bassinet
- Comes in a carry bag
- Zipper may not be smooth
- Fabric may not have clean stitching
7. Best With Mesh Panels: Dream On Me Lotus Bassinet
When using this bedside sleeper and high-quality bassinet with a drop-down side, parents can easily gain access to an infant near the bed. Moreover, it is a safety-tested product with breathable mesh on the sides, making it a trusted option. You can adjust its height in four positions, and an optional covering keeps out mosquitoes and insects, allowing the baby bedside sleeper to be used outdoors.
- Handy when staying outdoors
- Conforms to CPSC and ASTM safety standards
- Includes a travel bag
- Includes storage shelf
- Huge enough for baby to sleep comfortably
- Instructions for assembly are not clear
8. Best For Outdoors: KoolerThings Bedside Sleeper
This four-in-one option is designed for newborns and babies up to eight months old. The smart bassinet serves as a travel cot, cradle, and playpen. It will quickly become dad-and-mom-approved as its wheels swivel easily, are quiet, and can be locked. It has five height adjustment positions and can be folded into the bag. The aluminum frame of the bassinet swivel sleeper is lightweight and extremely strong.
- Includes a large storage shelf
- Ideal for use alongside sofas
- Tool-free set up process
- Pockets on the side for keeping bottles
- Good height adjustment options
- Wheels may lock at random
9. Best With Brake Wheels: TCBunny 2-in-1 Baby Bassinet
This is an excellent choice for those looking for the best sleeper for their baby because it is designed stringently following the ASTM standards. The high-quality bassinet has a unique tilt that prevents babies from experiencing reflux after feedings. The waterproof foam mattress pad included with the bedside bassinet co-sleeper offers comfort to the baby. The adjustable height settings enable you to set it in five positions. Plus, this portable bassinet folds down into a small space and fits into the bag that comes with the baby bedside sleeper.
- Pockets on the sides for storage
- Machine-washable fabric
- Wheels with brakes
- Easy to assemble and takedown
- May not be suitable for tall beds
How To Choose The Right Bedside Sleeper?
Here are a few factors you should consider when choosing a bedside sleeper for your infant’s needs.
- Safety: Ensure the side sleeper for the baby meets safety standards.
- Height: Ensure the height of the co-sleeper for infants is easily adjustable. Sleepers with several height adjustment options can easily be placed next to sofas and beds.
- Stability: Sleepers have frames made of durable materials that provide adequate stability and keep the baby safe. The frames reduce unnecessary movement and prevent babies from sliding within the bedside co-sleeper crib. Stable, sturdy, and safety-tested frames will also not collapse when a parent rolls on the cot.
- Versatility: Most parents prefer a bedside bassinet co-sleeper that can be used for newborns as well as babies older than six months.
- Portability: Ensure the baby sleeper bassinet has wheels.
- Materials: Bedside sleepers with breathable mesh and water-resistant mattresses are thought to be superior to foam, which can cause problems for babies when sleeping. Further, mesh allows you to visually check babies even when the sides are up.
- Storage: Choose a baby-friendly bedside sleeper with storage and multiple pockets. The pockets on the baby bedside cot allow for bottles to be slotted in easily when feeding babies, and a storage shelf keeps nappies, toys, and other essentials nearby.
- Size: Most baby and newborn bedside sleepers have larger-sized cribs with improved stability, on the other hand, can be used for older infants.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Sakshi John is a content writer who is passionate about finding the most useful household furniture and utilities. In this post, she has curated a list of the best bedside sleepers backed by numerous consumer reviews and positive feedback. She has also included a buying guide that comprises all the information you need to know to pick the right one for your baby. These bedside sleepers will help ensure your baby sleeps comfortably near you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long can a baby use a bedside sleeper?
You may use a bedside sleeper until your baby is six months old. You could also use larger co-sleepers suitable for babies up to 12 months (1).
2. Do bedside sleepers increase the risk of SIDS?
Using a bedside co-sleeper that meets safety standards does not increase the risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Using a bedside sleeper in the same room the parent is sleeping can reduce the risk of SIDS, particularly during the first six months after a baby is born (1).
3. Are bedside sleepers safe?
Yes, they are safe and effective as long as they meet the CPSC safety standards. The sleepers should have a rigid frame and not contain any parts or material that can cause suffocation (2).
4. Is a bedside sleeper essential?
A bedside sleeper is not an essential baby gear. It is helpful for mothers only for the first few months for easy feeding sessions. These sleepers may not be useful once your little one starts rolling.
Bedside sleepers allow your baby to sleep in a comfortable spot close to you. It helps you keep a close watch on your little one and is a safer alternative to not sleeping on the same bed. The best sleepers are height-adjustable, safe, sturdily built, easy to set up, and easy to clean. When choosing one, check for pockets and storage options if that’s an essential requirement for you. Also, consider one that has wheels with brakes for easy portability.
Infographic: Buying Guide For The Best Bedside Sleeper
A good bedside sleeper will ensure your baby’s safe and good sleep. So, if you’re interested in investing in one, make sure you choose the best available option. The infographic below includes points to remember when buying a bedside sleeper. Take a look!
- Safe Sleep
- Bedside Sleepers Business Guidance & Small Entity Compliance Guide