Riding your bike through rough terrains or scenic routes can be a joyful experience for many. And, playing your favorite music while biking can add to the fun. So, here’s our list of the best bicycle speakers for you. While you can plug in earphones while riding, a speaker is a safer and more convenient option that helps you remain aware of your surroundings. It is light, portable, and gets attached to the bikes easily. You can easily play your curated playlists to fit the mood.
These high-end speakers come with exciting features, accessories, and designs for your convenience. So, explore our list of the best-selling products to choose one that suits your requirements.
10 Best Bicycle Speakers
Built for the outdoors, this wireless stereo for bikes comes with special features, such as a shockproof case that protects it from accidental drops. Its metal grill shields the audio driver from dust and rocks. Its two 6-watt audio drivers offer high-definition stereo sound. The waterproof speaker comes with an internal UL-certified 3000 mAh battery that is rechargeable with a micro USB cable. Watch this brief review video to learn more about the product.
- Impact Proof technology makes it durable
- Lithium-ion battery charges quickly
- Plays audio for 10–12 hours
- Features a water bottle holder
- Hands-free design
- Playback and volume controls
- Bluetooth may not function properly
- Charger port may not be very durable
Looking for a budget outdoor speaker? Here is one. Supporting Bluetooth, AUX, and TF card, this speaker is great for making hands-free phone calls. It comes with an external power bank function, so you do not have to worry about running out of power. Its LED torch light function allows you to have a safe outdoor adventure. It comes with a bracket and carabiner clip, so traveling with it is convenient. This review cum testing video can help you learn more about the speaker’s features and benefits.
- Waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof
- Long battery life
- Neodymium stereo amplifier provides powerful, high-quality sound
- Power bank helps charge other devices
- Bluetooth may malfunction
- Bracket may not be very durable
The Onforu portable speaker is compact, measuring 3.24 inches in diameter. It features Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity for easy pairing with smartphones, laptops, and tablets. This mini speaker also has an AUX cord and a built-in rechargeable battery. Its IP65 waterproof rating ensures you can use it on rainy days and at the pool or the beach without worrying about damage. All these high-end features ensure value for money.
- Shock-proof design
- Includes a carabiner mount
- Includes a handlebar mount
- Available in three color options
- Mount may be a bit fragile
- Battery life may not be as long as claimed
Alpatronix Wireless Stereo
Best Impact-Proof Technology
Zealot Bicycle Speakers
Onforu Portable Bluetooth Speaker
|Batteries||1 Lithium Ion batteries required||2 Lithium Ion batteries required||1 Lithium Ion batteries required|
|Weight||4 pounds||9.2 ounces||5.7 ounces|
|Dimensions||12.6 x 4.65 x 4.7 inches.||6.2 x 2.1 x 2.1 inches.||3.66 x 3.35 x 3.07 inches.|
4. Best Stain-Resistant:Bluetooth Speaker by Celtic Blu
While riding a bicycle, controlling the speaker can be a little tricky. But not for this speaker that comes with a handlebar remote control that is safe and easy to use. It comes with a bike cage so you can fix it up easily on your bike. Its bottle shape makes it easy to carry anywhere with you. It can play music for up to 30 hours.
- Waterproof, shockproof, and stain-resistant
- LCD button display
- Built-in radio
- 360-degree surround sound
- Long-lasting 6000mAh battery
- Power bank to charge other devices
- Comes with a D-clip carabiner
- Lifetime warranty
- Weak bass
If you are looking for bold sounds and rich bass, look no further than this ultra-efficient speaker. Its superior quality 5W dual speakers and passive bass radiator allow you to listen to music even in the noisy outdoors. The versatile speaker allows you to play music through wireless, micro SD/TF card, or AUX line modes.
- Splash-proof and shock-proof
- Rubber exterior makes it durable
- Easy to pair with an NFC-enabled phone
- Comes with free bike mount and belt
- Brand offers a two-year warranty
- Sound clarity reduces at higher frequencies
- Bluetooth may work only at close range
The Wind 2 FM Bluetooth handlebar speaker by the trusted brand JLB is a superior-quality and durable speaker with a trendy design. It features Bluetooth connectivity for easy pairing with smartphones and other devices and a built-in FM radio for listening to music and news. You can also insert a memory card in the SD card slot to play your personal playlist.
- IP45 waterproof rating makes it splash-proof
- Has a built-in microphone
- Includes carabiner mount
- Includes a handlebar mount
- Ideal for use on bikes
- Battery might drain quickly
- FM radio reception may be poor
The Treblab HD77 premium Bluetooth bike speaker has a durable and high-quality body that is designed to withstand rough use. It features Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity for easy pairing with smartphones and other devices and has a built-in microphone for hands-free phone calls. The speaker also sports a built-in rechargeable battery for uninterrupted playtime and has an IPX6 waterproof rating.
- Long battery life
- 360-degree surround sound
- LED light mode
- Has a shock-proof body
- Comes with a carry handle and a built-in strap
- User manual included
- Sound might have a slight static
- Microphone may have connectivity issues at times
This unique speaker may look tiny, but it can blow your mind with its high-quality, clear, and loud sound. Its 60-foot Bluetooth range allows you to operate the speaker at your convenience. Its lightweight design makes it highly portable, and the battery can last up to 24 hours, so you can listen to music until you get tired. The brand offers three expertly crafted mounting options, namely clip, strap, and threaded insert.
- Waterproof, shockproof, and dust proof
- Simple external controls
- Durable and rugged exterior
- Five colors to choose from
- Sound quality may not be top-notch
- Charging port may not be durable
9. Best Long-Lasting Battery:Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker
The SoundLink Bluetooth speaker by the trusted brand Bose can be attached to cycle handlebars, backpacks, or coolers with its built-in tear-resistant silicone strap, making it the ideal speaker for outdoor enthusiasts. The speaker also has a rubberized silicone exterior and IP67 waterproof body that protects it from everyday wear and tear, splashes, dust, and extreme temperatures. Moreover, its long-lasting lithium-ion battery provides six hours of run time on a single charge.
- Compact and portable
- Built-in microphone
- Has a deep bass
- Includes a micro USB cable
- Available in multiple colors
- Bluetooth may have connectivity issues
- Might be smaller than expected
Noxgear’s waterproof Bluetooth bike speaker is lightweight yet durable enough to be your companion for outdoor adventures and sports. The stylish speaker has a noise suppression feature and a twelve-hour battery life to ensure long-lasting and uninterrupted usage when on the go. Moreover, this mini speaker with its magnetic mount enables you to clip it on your clothes and take your music everywhere.
- Has a headphone jack
- Has rechargeable batteries
- IP64 waterproof rating
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calling
- May have a limited sound range
- May have connectivity issues with some devices
How to choose the right bicycle speakers?
To choose the right bicycle speaker, you should figure out what you want in a speaker. Here are some common aspects to check when shopping for a bicycle speaker.
- Wireless connection: Outdoor speakers mostly come with a wireless connection. Look for one to avoid getting entangled in wires while riding your bike. Choose speakers that offer a good Bluetooth range so you can listen to uninterrupted music while riding.
- Battery: When outdoors, it can be difficult to find a charging point. It is always best to have a speaker with a long-lasting battery that can give you 10 to 12 hours of music. Also, if the battery is strong enough, it can double up as a portable charger for your phone or other devices.
- Durable build: It is difficult to predict what your speaker may have to face when outdoors. From dust to water to accidental drops, it can be subjected to almost any harsh treatment. Always look for a speaker that is durable enough to withstand outdoor conditions.
Also, check its IPX (Internal Protection) rating. The higher the rating, the higher the amount of protection provided against water ingress.
- Audio quality: To enjoy good music, the audio system needs to be of good quality. A speaker that offers crystal-clear, high-quality sound with bass allows you to listen to great music on the go. The speaker should preferably have good volume control, so you can listen to music even in the noisy outdoors.
- Attachments: Brands usually offer multiple attachment options such as mount, straps, hooks, carabiners, and threads. Choose one based on your preference.
- Radio FM: If you plan to use the speaker for long biking trips, having an in-built radio option can always be useful as you can listen to the latest news and weather updates.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have researched many tried-and-tested products and their user reviews to find the best bicycle speakers to enhance your experience. Keeping user convenience and quality parameters in mind, we listed each best-selling product with features such as durability, design, and pros and cons. The list also includes a buying guide to help you choose the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the usual wattage of a 360-degree bicycle speaker?
360-degree surround sound may require high wattage for better sound quality. Bicycle speakers with 360-degree sound features may have wattage ranging anywhere from five to eight watts or more.
2. How loud are three-watt and two-watt speakers?
Three-watt and two-watt speakers are loud enough for one or two people to listen to music in a small room or a quiet outdoor place.
3. Can I put speakers on a bicycle?
Yes, bicycle speakers are designed to facilitate easy hanging on the bike. They also have impact-resistant bodies to protect the speakers from accidental falls.
4. How can I adjust the volume on a Bluetooth speaker for bicycles?
Most bicycle speakers either come with a handlebar remote control or volume adjusting buttons on the speaker. These features allow for easy operation on the go.
5. Do wireless speakers work well enough to ride a bicycle in rain and snow?
Wireless speakers for bicycles are built to ride on tough terrains and weathers like rain and snow. However, it depends on the water resistance capability of a speaker, which may vary with each brand and model.
Music makes all physical exercises more fun. Our list of the best bicycle speakers helps you pick the right product and enjoy music while biking. We have also listed the pros and cons of each product to help you make an informed decision. You can choose the compact Bose SoundLink Micro Bluetooth Speaker for a space-efficient option that attaches easily to your backpack. For longer trips, the Onforu Portable Bluetooth Speaker is ideal, offering up to ten hours of playtime. However, prioritize the quality audio output, seamless connectivity, battery efficiency, and shock and water resistance before finalizing your purchase. You may look for a speaker that is easy to mount, like the Noxgear Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker with a magnetic mount feature. You must also consider the durability and warranty.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Using Bicycle Speakers?
Bicycle speakers provide a portable audio solution for cyclists, with effortless installation and wireless connectivity. These speakers enhance the biking experience by delivering immersive sound. Explore the following infographic to understand why investing in a bicycle speaker can be a valuable choice.