Any regular activity becomes more fun when you add some music to it. Turn on some music when going about your daily chores, such as cooking or cleaning, and see how interesting your daily work becomes. Imagine having your music on even when riding your bicycle. It sounds like a cool idea, right? So, why not get yourself a bicycle speaker?
A bike speaker is light and easy to attach to your bicycle, so you can ride through the mountains listening to your heart-pumping playlist. So, which bicycle speaker should you buy? Read on as we have collated the best bicycle speakers of all types, designs, and price ranges.
10 Best Bicycle Speakers
Built for the outdoors, this wireless stereo for bikes comes with special features, such as a shockproof case that protects it from accidental drops. Its metal grill shields the audio driver from dust and rocks. Its two 6-watt audio drivers offer high-definition clear sound. The waterproof speaker comes with an internal UL-certified 3000 mAh battery that is rechargeable with a micro USB cable.
- Impact Proof technology makes it durable
- Lithium-ion battery charges quickly
- Plays audio for 10–12 hours
- Features a water bottle holder
- Hands-free design
- Playback and volume controls
- Bluetooth may not function properly
- Charger port may not be very durable
Looking for a budget outdoor speaker? Here is one. Supporting Bluetooth, AUX, and TF card, this speaker is great for making hands-free calls. It comes with an external power bank function, so you do not have to worry about running out of power. Its LED torch light function allows you to have a safe outdoor adventure. It comes with a bracket and carabiner clip, so traveling with it is convenient.
- Waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof
- Long battery life
- Neodymium stereo amplifier provides good sound
- Power bank helps charge other devices
- Bluetooth may malfunction
- Bracket may not be very durable
Made especially for those who love to listen to music while cycling, this speaker allows you to answer calls with its hands-free function. Its noise-reduction microphone enables you to speak clearly even when riding outdoors. Additionally, it can also be used as a bike bell.
- Waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof
- Offers eight hours of playtime
- Mount doubles as a bottle holder
- Rubberized plastic outer shell for durability
- Supports Bluetooth, AUX, and TF card
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- No shuffle option
- Short battery life
- Poor radio reception
While riding a bicycle, controlling the speaker can be a little tricky. But not for this speaker that comes with a handlebar remote control that is safe and easy to use. It comes with a bike cage so you can fix it up easily on your bike. Its bottle shape makes it easy to carry anywhere with you. It can play music for up to 30 hours.
- Waterproof, shockproof, and stain-resistant
- LCD button display
- Built-in radio
- 360-degree surround sound
- Long-lasting 6000mAh battery
- Power bank to charge other devices
- Comes with a D-clip carabiner
- Lifetime warranty
- Weak bass
If you are looking for bold sounds and rich bass, look no further than this speaker. Its superior quality 5W dual speakers and passive bass radiator allow you to listen to music even in the noisy outdoors. It allows you to play music through wireless, micro SD/TF card, or AUX line modes.
- Splash-proof and shock-proof
- Rubber exterior makes it durable
- Easy to pair with an NFC-enabled phone
- Comes with free bike mount and belt
- Brand offers a two-year warranty
- Sound clarity reduces at higher frequencies
- Bluetooth may work only at close range
Mount this speaker on your bike or attach it to your bag. Its compact design makes it easy to carry anywhere and everywhere. It is built to put up with harsh conditions, so can you listen to uninterrupted music even when outdoors. It comes with a sturdy holder that clasps the speaker firmly while you ride your bike. Its remote control allows you to operate the speaker even when on the go.
- Water-resistant, shockproof, dust-proof, and stain proof
- Useable as a bike horn
- 360-degree surround sound
- FM Radio with built-in antenna
- Can be used to make and receive phone calls
- Bluetooth, micro SD card, or AUX line modes
- Bluetooth connection up to 100 feet range
- Bell volume is not adjustable
- Battery may not be long-lasting
Smaller than an iPhone, this speaker can not only be carried around with ease, but also be worn on your arm. Its tiny bullet-cylinder shape makes it a good choice for travelers who like listening to music on the go. Its 820mAh battery easily gives you a 10-hour mid-audio range of playtime. It can play your favorite music through Bluetooth, TF, or AUX line modes.
- Lightweight, waterproof, and shockproof
- Rubberband can withstand 5.5kg of tension
- Rubber coating makes the device durable
- Volume may not be loud enough
- Tiny on/off button
This speaker may look tiny, but it can blow your mind with its loud and clear sound quality. Its 60-foot Bluetooth range allows you to operate the speaker as per your convenience. Its lightweight build makes it highly portable, and the battery can last up to 24 hours, so you can listen to music until you get tired. The brand offers three mounting options, namely clip, strap, and threaded insert.
- Waterproof, shockproof, and dust proof
- Simple external controls
- Durable and rugged exterior
- Five colors to choose from
- Sound quality may not be top-notch
- Charging port may not be durable
This compact wireless speaker may look small but can give you loud and clear sound. It comes with a bike mount, so you can easily place it on the handlebars and cycle while listening to some great music. The mount turns 360 degrees so you can position it as per your preference. Its Bluetooth function allows you to operate it with your mobile device within a 30-feet range.
- Long-lasting battery
- Easy to attach without tools
- Brand offers a one-year warranty
- Not waterproof
- Charging the speaker could be troublesome
For your next bike trip to the lake, you may not have to disconnect from your music because this waterproof speaker can accompany you anywhere. Designed like a water bottle, this speaker can be used by the poolside or at a beach. Its waterproof body is ideal for outdoor activities. The dual speakers give you a crystal-clear sound.
- Unique design
- 24-hour playtime
- Compatible with multiple devices
- Enables hands-free calls
- Sound quality tends to deteriorate over time
- Weak bass
How to choose the right bicycle speakers?
To choose the right bicycle speaker, you should figure out what you want in a speaker. Here are some common aspects to check when shopping for a bicycle speaker.
- Wireless connection: Outdoor speakers mostly come with a wireless connection. Look for one to avoid getting entangled in wires while riding your bike. Choose speakers that offer a good Bluetooth range so you can listen to uninterrupted music while riding.
- Battery: When outdoors, it can be difficult to find a charging point. It is always best to have a speaker with a long-lasting battery that can give you 10 to 12 hours of music. Also, if the battery is strong enough, it can double up as a portable charger for your phone or other devices.
- Durable build: It is difficult to predict what your speaker may have to face when outdoors. From dust to water to accidental drops, it can be subjected to almost any harsh treatment. Always look for a speaker that is durable enough to withstand outdoor conditions.
Also, check its IPX (Internal Protection) rating. The higher the rating, the higher the amount of protection provided against water ingress.
- Audio quality: To enjoy good music, the audio system needs to be of good quality. A speaker that offers crystal-clear sound with bass allows you to listen to great music on the go. The speaker should preferably have good volume control, so you can listen to music even in the noisy outdoors.
- Attachments: Brands usually offer multiple attachment options such as mount, straps, hooks, carabiners, and threads. Choose one based on your preference.
- Radio FM: If you plan to use the speaker for long biking trips, having an in-built radio option can always be useful as you can listen to the latest news and weather updates.
Bicycle speakers can be used anywhere outdoors, like the beach, poolside, or garden. Since these speakers do not come cheap, always look for the full review posted by previous buyers to know if it is worth your money. We hope our list helps you find the best bike speakers.