Horns are bicycle accessories that help you stay safe on the road. Whether you are riding in the marketplace or a crowded street with many vehicles and pedestrians, you need to invest in a loud bike horn to keep yourself and others around you safe. If you are riding on noisy streets or highways with large vehicles, you need to invest in horns to reach into the cabins of large and speeding vehicles.
So here we are, with a list of the best bike horns you can invest in.
Types Of Bike Horns
There are three types of bike horns.
- Air horns: They work when air passes through the horn to create a loud sound. These horns need no batteries and can be recharged by using the regular bike pumps.
- Electric horns: These are the latest and the most common type of bike bells. They usually work with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery or two AAA batteries. These are the loudest, with a sound frequency of up to 140dB.
- Manual horns: The manual ones are the traditional horns that function when a ball-like structure made rubber is squeezed. These might not be the loudest but are affordable and is the preferred choice for many.
11 Best Bike Horns
If you are looking for something very latest with a modern touch, then the Vanfrost bike bells are a perfect choice. They are built-in boost circuits with very loud sounds and a USB cable with 1.2 hours full charge that can give 2000 rings. Made of ABS and PC material, 280mAh lithium rechargeable battery, it comes in black and blue.
- The weight of the bell made of IP65 waterproof level is 40g
- There are three sound modes: hour sounds, whistle sounds, and alarm sounds
- The sound frequency is 120dB, and the charge input of 5V-250mAh
- Easy assembly using the silicone strap on the bike handle
- Suits best for a bicycle handlebar with a diameter of 0.86”-1.25”
If you are looking for a high sound frequency horn, the Daway electric bike horn is the perfect one. With 110dB, the loud horn can keep you safe even on noisy streets and busy roads with pedestrians around you. The design is unique with a control switch that can be placed where your finger can reach it easily.
- Five sound modes to choose from using a red button
- Universal stand makes installation easy, to avoid the problems with the handlebar diameter
- Can be assembled easily with the help of a free screwdriver that comes with the horn
- The plastic horn weighs 96g
Coolrunner bugle horn is made of polished stainless steel material that is weather-resistant, non-fading, and durable. The universal horn fits almost all the handlebars with a diameter of 0.87”. These bicycle bells are available in five colors and are ideal for kids’ bikes.
- The rubber bugle is soft, scratchproof, anti-corrosive, and rust-free
- The horn ball diameter is 2.2,” and the metal mouth is 2.9” wide
- Installation is easy and can be done using a screwdriver or a hex key (Not included in the package)
- The horn is loud enough to notify people of your presence
The Childhood Kids bike horn is made of high-quality rubber, and the mouth is made of durable metal. The rubber is made of odor-free, not have any unpleasant odor. The glitzy pink air horn bell will surely captivate your little one with its loud sound and amazing color.
- The horn has a fabulous gem-like glitter in the center
- Easy to install using a screwdriver
- Loud enough horn is audible to a reasonable distance
The small but loud electric bike bell is dustproof, drop-resistant, and water-resistant. The installation and removal are quite easy as you only need to put the bell to the handlebar and fasten the silicon buckle.
- Fits most bikes from BMX to mountain bikes with a handlebar diameter of 22 – 33.8mm
- Comes with a 280mAh lithium rechargeable battery
- Three modes of sound for the horn
- The sound frequency is 120dB
- Made in a voltage boosting circuit
If you are looking for a vintage piece, this classic bicycle bell is a perfect choice. The horn is suitable for all types of bicycles, and the sound is quite loud. The bell is made of high-quality metal, and the horn size is 6.9”.
- Water-resistant and scratchproof
- Durable in all weather conditions
- Easy installation and removal using a spanner
Made of high-quality rubber with no unpleasant odor, this bike horn has a design that appeals to kids. The horn fits almost all the handlebars measuring 20-23mm in diameter. It has a funky design and can be fixed to your bike handle using just a screwdriver.
- Attractive design
- Funny and loud horn sound
- Waterproof and dustproof
- Can be used in all weather conditions
Available in three colors, this retro bicycle horn gives your bike a vintage look. This can be used for almost all the bikes and is made of superior quality polycarbonate. The horn is solid and does not break easily even if dropped.
- Easy to fix to the handle
- Durable horn with a loud sound
- Fits bike handlebars with 20-13mm of diameter
- The shape and design are very appealing
- The sound is quite loud and funny
The metallic horn is made of polished and superior quality stainless steel. The rubber is odorless and soft, making it easy to squeeze. The horn’s sound is also loud to keep other vehicles at a distance and make them aware of the cyclist’s presence, thus preventing accidents. The handlebars must be less than 2.2cm for this metal horn to be fixed.
- Fixing is quite easy
- Strong and durable horn
- Rust-free and scratch-resistant
- The horn is loud
The red metallic horn with a black squeeze bulb is considered one of the best ones as it fits all types of bicycles. It comes with a metal mount, which can be easily installed and removed. The manufacturer offers a guaranteed refund if there are quality issues with the product.
- The trumpet design is attractive
- The horn makes a loud sound
- Waterproof and scratchproof
- Fits most bikes
How To Choose The Right Bike Horns?
Some of the features you need to keep in mind before investing in a bike horn are as follows.
- Sound: This is usually measured in decibels (dB). The average sound frequency of these horns is 120dB, so that even vehicles, such as cars with their windows rolled down, must be able to hear the horn.
- Type of horn: Some are electric horns powered by high-end batteries, whereas some are the old-fashioned bells, and the others the bugle horns. Pick one based on where you will use it and your style.
- Sound modes: Sound modes help you select the sound of your choice, as some horns are extremely loud. On the other hand, some produce a low sound that alerts the people nearby without startling or disturbing them.
- Size: The size of the horn has to be checked before you purchase it. Check the diameter of the handlebar and see if the horn can be fixed to it.
- Ease of use: The horn must be easy to use and also install. Check for horns that require minimal or no maintenance, and those that come with a warranty.
- Price: Most bike horns are affordable, although their price depends on many factors like the brand, the features, and the materials used for making.
Bike horns are the most efficient way of making others know of a biker’s presence. You need to use them regularly to make the road a safer place for other drivers and pedestrians. We hope you find the perfect bicycle horn based on your preferences. Do use our buying guide and also check the reviews before you finalize one.