As the days get warmer, our desire for chilled drinks increases to beat the heat. So, we have compiled a list of the best blenders for ice to help you prepare for the summer months. From mocktails to refreshing juices, the right amount of ice can elevate the taste, leaving you cool and relaxed. These drinks provide quick relief from the scorching summer sun, letting you cool down from within.
An ice blender has powerful blades that crush through the ice and other frozen ingredients easily. It allows you to crush the ice to the right consistency in a few minutes. So, explore our list of some expert-recommended and tried-and-tested ice blenders to choose the right blender.
13 Best Blenders For Ice Crushing In 2024, With Buying Guide
Whether you prefer a smoothie or would instead have a delicious milkshake, this professional ice blender does it all. It features six blades and has 1,000 watts to ensure a seamless ice-crushing experience. This ice crushing blender can also be used to puree, blend, and process fruits and vegetables in seconds. Made from durable BPA-free plastic and a sleek, modern design, this high-performance blender can fit into any kitchen with ease. If you are an absolute beginner, this review video might be useful.
- Smart lock lid
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- 64-ounce liquid capacity
- Four manual speed controls
- Does not have an automatic pulse feature
Every great chef needs a sous-chef, and we are confident that this ice blender featuring a high-power 700W motor is going to be your ideal companion in all your kitchen adventures. From sauces, purees, and iced drinks to irresistible shakes — this device can do it all. It features a hinged cap for mess-free pouring and a flexible cord that easily fits into the back of the device for convenient storage. A must-have on every kitchen shelf, this blender comes with a patented wave-action system that pulls the ingredients to the blades to guarantee a smooth blending experience. Check out this review enumerating a tester’s experience using this blender for smoothies.
- High capacity of 40 ounces
- Has 12 blending functions
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Includes a three-cup chopper jar
- BPA-free blender
- If water is not placed first, it may take some time to blend
"I've enjoyed using this powerful blender for whipping up smoothies and cocktails. The material is decent, although the lid's design could be better. It has outperformed other blenders I have used to date, blending ingredients smoothly, sans any chunky bits."
Powerful and compact, this blender from NinjaFit sits proudly as one of the best ice-crushing blenders of all time. This 700-watt powered pod can effortlessly crush whole fruits and blend vegetables in no time. It also comes with an easy-push pulse feature, where a simple push of the pod allows the device to blend and crush ingredients with ease. A modern design with two cups and two sip-and-seal lids makes this versatile blender one you cannot miss out on. This product testing video by a reviewer will help you understand more about the powerful blender.
- Easy to store
- 16-ounce capacity
- 36-inch long cord
- Dishwasher-safe parts
- Comes with a recipe book
- Does not have multiple speed controls
SharkNinja Professional Blender (BL610)
Hamilton Beach Power Elite Multi-Function Blender
NinjaFit Personal QB3001SS Ice Blender
|9.48"D x 7.51"W x 17"H
|8.66"D x 8.5"W x 14.69"H
|4"D x 4"W x 13"H
|Black and Stainless
4. Best Heat Dissipation: Koios 850W Bullet Blender
Koios bullet blender is equipped with an 850W copper motor to give the user quick and lump-free results. Its six-leaf cross and flat two-leaf blade design make it the ultimate blender for processing hard foods such as coffee beans and nuts. You can reduce cooking time and add a creative touch to your dishes by utilizing this high-power blender for shaved ice for grinding, chopping, and grating ice, fruits, vegetables, and raw spices.
- User-friendly design
- Has a non-slip silicone base
- Includes two BPA-free cups
- Enhanced heat dissipation mechanism
- Easy to clean
- Motor might be noisy
- Grinder cups may be small
"This compact blender has been a powerful addition to my tiny kitchen with its versatility. It helps me make smoothies and shakes and grinds nuts and even harder items. It's quieter than others, and the separate motor and beaker make it easier to clean."
5. Best Time Saving: Redmond Personal Blender
The personal blender from Redmond comes with a 300W motor to help you prepare delicious shakes and smoothies instantly. The affordable blender for smoothies has a sleek design and is sturdy enough to crush ice. Moreover, its six-point stainless steel blades and easy-to-use pulse technology make the blending process quick and efficient.
- BPA-free plastic
- Includes two travel cups with lids
- Built-in safety lock
- Might be slightly noisy
- Rubber attachment may not be durable
"I admire the strong blending capability of this blende. It is perfect for making smoothies, even with ice, and the over-heating protection function is pretty handy."
Smoothies, soups, margaritas, and purees — is there anything this blender can’t make? The high-powered blender for margarita features a 25,000RPM motor and ten speed options to effortlessly blend ingredients of various sizes. Another useful feature is the “Keep Warm” function that keeps the food warm for up to two hours after blending. The borosilicate glass pitcher is freezer-safe, so you enjoy a delicious beverage at the temperature of your choice.
- Three different speed settings
- Eight smart one-touch programs
- Customizable one-touch control button
- Powered with 1400 watts of power
- The container may feel too bulky and large
"Despite the initial hassle, the blender has exceeded my expectations. It lets me blend both cold and hot foods and comes with muktiple functions. It's not only efficient but quieter compared to my previous one."
Enjoy your summers with the perfect, chilled drink by bringing home this blender for frozen drinks. It seamlessly crushes ingredients without any noise, and with a convenient pulse feature that doubles as a quick clean button, you can achieve the ideal texture you need — from semi-solid purees to fully-blended drinks. Made from a durable and thick polycarbonate material, this safe blender model is scratch-resistant and explosion-proof.
- 67-ounce capacity
- Digital display
- Soundproof shield
- Dual direction blades
- Comes with a timer attached
- Features a 2200-watt power motor
- May be heavy for some
"I'm impressed with this machine's timer and blending ability. The sturdy pitcher and powerful motor make it a reliable choice. It offers a quiet operation and makes my smoothies creamier."
Are you on the hunt for the best ice-crushing blender that has multiple speed settings? Well, you might have just found the one! To achieve the desired taste and texture, this ice blender has five different speed settings, so you can have the ideal blend of your choice. It also comes with an intelli-speed motor control that can assess the ingredients to maintain the optimal speed for controlled and desired results. If this wasn’t all, this full-size blender also comes with a soft start feature that blends the ingredients slowly at first and increases the speed gradually to allow for maximum nutrition extraction and it also prevents splatter.
- LED lights
- Four present programs
- Five peak HP motor
- Self-cleaning cycle
- 56-ounce capacity
- Patented stainless steel blade
- Parts may not be dishwasher-safe
"My love for this blender has grown over the last couple of months. The self-cleaning feature is a marvel, and it belends food swiftly with no mess. The noise level is minimal, and it stays put during blending."
Preserve the freshness and nutrition of all your blended ingredients with this vacuum ice blender. It comes with pre-programmed speed settings so you can have a seamless hands-free experience. If you desire delicious treats without the mess, this might just be the perfect blender to bring home. The auto-cleaning function cleans the blender automatically for a sparkling clean and splatter-free blender.
- LCD display
- Power of 1000-watt motor
- Non-slip suction base
- Compact storage design
- Comes with 25-ounce bottle
- Stainless steel Eight-blade system
- Long container may feel uncomfortable and unstable for some
10. Best With Safety Lock: iCucina Personal Blender
Prepare your favorite drink with a single click of a button using the FDA-approved iCucina Blender. This expert-recommended blender features a 300W motor and four stainless steel blades that help you chop and crush ice and fruits seamlessly. The portable blender includes two bottles and two extra lids, and the suction cups help keep it stable on any surface.
- Safety lock design
- Food-grade jar
- Inner silicone ring
- Features a self-cleaning function
- Compact design
- Particles can get stuck to the sides
- Some may find the blades a bit blunt
"I find this blender pretty decent for making my regular smoothies. Its glass pitcher, easy-to-clean design, and ability to chop frozen fruits have won me over. It is also easy to use, with a single button operation."
11. Best Sleek: Cocinare 1100W Portable Blender
Cocinare’s sleek and portable blender is equipped with a high-performance 1,100W motor that can help you blend rough fibers or coarse nuts easily. It allows you to prepare your favorite milkshake in just 25 seconds. The alloy blades are made of titanium to prevent heat generation during the blending process and help retain the proteins of the food.
- Strong blending power
- Contains six titanium blades
- BPA-free and food-grade plastic
- Might be smaller than expected
- Lid might not open easily
"I find this blender handy for daily use. It's quick and efficient for making milkshakes and smoothies, although cleaning is a bit tricky. While it may struggle with frozen fruit, letting them thaw helps. Packed with useful features, it's a great addition to my kitchen."
12. Best Easy-To-Use: Cokunst Portable Blender
Cokunst portable blender has enough capacity to churn out your favorite drinks in large quantities. The 530ml blender features a 20,000rpm motor with sharp stainless steel blades that allow easy and fast blending. Add 80% water and double-click to initiate self-cleaning. It also comes with a type-C port for easy charging and a prompt light to indicate the power and status. Its wireless and compact design lets you carry it anywhere.
- Easy-to-use blender with one-touch operation
- Powerful 4000mah battery
- Comes with safety protection function
- Comes with gravity sensing device
- Wireless and portable
- Might leak after a few uses
- May not be suitable for blending coarse items
13. Best Low-Noise: Proctor Silex PowerHouse Blender
Proctor Silex PowerHouse blender can effortlessly slice through frozen fruit, coarse nuts, or rough-textured foods. The full-size blender is equipped with a 950W motor and high-quality components, making it powerful and durable. In addition, the long-lasting blender features a multi-blend jar designed to handle both hot and cold foods with minimal blending noise.
- Comes with 12 blending functions
- Easy to clean
- User-friendly design
- Timeless design
- Food particles might get stuck
- May not be easy to lock the jar
How To Choose The Right Blender For Crushing Ice?
Home experts recommend keeping a few things in mind when selecting a blender for crushing ice.
- Capacity: Blenders come in various sizes. Compact blenders start from 26 ounces and go up to 68 ounces. Depending on your needs, preferences, and usage, you can pick a suitable-sized blender. You may choose a personal blender for a helping hand at home or a heavy-duty blender that can blend large quantities.
- Material: While choosing the perfect blender for your home, ensure that it is designed using high-quality and thick materials that are made to last. Using copolyester blenders that are BPA-free ensures that no chemicals are being released while blending ingredients.
- Power motor: The arduous task of blending tough ingredients can only be achieved with a powerful motor. It ranges anywhere between 300-1500 watts. For crushing ice effectively, a blender needs to have a powerful motor of 600 watts or more.
- Pre-programmed options: Standard blenders come with three speed options — slow, medium, and fast. They also have other pre-programmed features that allow you to blend different ingredients of various sizes and textures. If you’re looking for automatic speed controls rather than manual ones, we recommend you select blenders that come with pre-programmed options. Blenders also have dedicated pre-programmed settings for crushing ice, which is surely an essential element you should look for when purchasing a blender.
- Pulse feature: The pulse feature is a useful function used to chop or slice ingredients before the blending process. It is a one-touch button that ever-so-slightly blends ingredients and stops immediately when it is released. Another essential function it performs is to help eliminate food particles that are stuck in the blades. Often while blending, chunks of food may get logged in the blades. The simple use of this pulse feature helps food break away from the blades.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can all blenders crush ice?
Not all blenders can crush ice effectively. While some may crush a few ice blocks, they soon overheat the motor and cause damage to the blender. Look for expert-approved blenders with a powerful motor of 600 watts or more to crush ice without harming the blender.
2. Can a stick blender crush ice?
No, most stick blenders cannot crush ice. If you want to crush ice using a stick blender, we suggest you break the cubes into smaller pieces.
3. How many watts do I need in a blender to crush ice?
A blender of 600 watts or more can crush ice.
4. How do I blend ice smoothly?
To blend ice smoothly, opt for a blender that’s at least 600 watts. Put the ice cubes into the blender and add enough cold water to cover half of the ice cubes (optional). Next, pulse the blender in short bursts till the ice is crushed to your liking. Finally, strain the crushed ice to remove excess water.
5. How do I know if my blender can crush ice?
If the blender is not a stick one and the wattage is at least 600 or beyond, the blender can be used to crush ice.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah writes and talks about kitchen and furniture products. He has listed the best blenders for ice cubes that are available in the market. Wedetso has considered the design and durability and highlighted the pros and cons of each product to help you choose wisely. Besides, he has also included information about the notable features of each product to help you compare different blenders and go for the right one.
Juices and mocktails with sufficient ice take their taste to the next level. So, choose a blender for ice cubes that lets you blend the ice with the drink to offer the right chill. Available anywhere between 26 to 68 ounces, the right capacity would depend on your family size and purpose. And, when exclusively looking for a blender for ice, ensure it is above 600 watts and has speed options to optimize the speed based on how tough the ingredients are. So, check the quality, material, and other features to find one that meets your needs. Our recommendations include the Ninja Fit Personal Ice Blender with an easy-push pulse feature for smooth blending, the Hamilton Beach Power Elite Multi-Function Blender, suitable for mess-proof pouring, and the WantJoin WZ-200D Blender, which has a soundproof shield.
Infographics: How To Use Blenders For Ice Crushing?
Ice-crushing blenders make it much easier to enjoy your favorite ice smoothies and cocktails. However, crushing ice in a blender requires you to consider a few measures to prevent damaging the motorized parts of the machine. So, check out the following infographic to ensure a pleasant ice-crushing blender experience.
- Best Protein Shaker Bottles
- Best Egg Beaters
- Best Affordable Stand Mixers
- Best Small Kitchen Appliances