Every season, makeup trends and beauty routines tend to change. At present, the runways are lined with playful mod eyes and unconventional eyeliners, and the black liners have taken a temporary back seat. If you are looking to follow the new trends and accentuate your looks, then a blue eyeliner is the answer! Plus, it is here to stay.\
To help you pick the best blue eyeliner to line your eyes, MomJunction has pulled together eight well-loved blue eyeliner options. This list consists of a wide range of blue eyeliners, from waterproof to liquid to gel to pencil.
8 Best Blue Eyeliners
This Maybelline blue eyeliner is ideal if you are looking to sport a long-lasting and perfect cat-eyed look all day. Be it a natural or a dramatic eye-look, this blue eyeliner helps create your signature eye-look. Wear it and rock a chic look all day!
- The Maybelline blue eyeliner is just the right liner to amp up the drama and elevate your look.
- As it is ophthalmologist-tested, it is perfectly suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- The smudge-resistant and waterproof eyeliner lasts all day.
- This mechanical eye-pencil comes with an in-built sharpening tool that gives you a sharp tip. It delivers control and defines your eye-makeup.
- The sharp tip is likely to break off more often than not, which can be pretty annoying.
The Midnight blue Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner helps you get a sharp eye look. Plus, the self-sharpening pencil gives you a perfect line every time you use it. The eye makeup stays put all day and gives your eye look an edge over others.
- This eyeliner pencil is super easy to apply and gives you a perfect line all the time.
- The self-sharpening feature helps you get a perfect tip that glides smoothly and gives you precise lines.
- Midnight blue is the perfect shade for you to stand out at every occasion.
- The eyeliner is ophthalmologist-tested and is suitable for sensitive eyes.
- Sometimes, getting the pencil out can be a problem. Plus, this eyeliner pencil doesn’t have a fine point, which means that getting very thin lines can be tricky.
The twilight blue Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil helps define and brighten your eyes. The vibrant, luminous blue pencil glides on very smoothly to enhance your eyes all day without smudging or fading. Looking for a soft and blended look or a precise and bold look? This creamy blue eyeliner does the job to perfection.
- The Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil is a dermatologist- and ophthalmologist-tested eyeliner, which makes it safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- This eyeliner comes with a built-in sharpener that gives you precise lines.
- You could also use the built-in contoured smudger brush to get a soft, blended look.
- This blue eyeliner is infused with olive oil and rainforest shea butter, which help to nourish the skin around your lashes.
- This automatic eyeliner pencil glides on very smoothly and lasts for a long time.
- If you are looking for a darker shade, this is not for you.
- This eyeliner can’t be used to define your eyebrows as the application may be too heavy for a natural brow look.
- The color can last for up to 12 hours.
- The eyeliner gives rise to a bold and intense eye makeup in a jiffy when accompanied with mascara and an eye-shadow.
- It is hypoallergenic, ophthalmologist-tested, and fragrance-free, making it safe for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes.
- It is a bit expensive.
The Cobalt Blue L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Waterproof Pencil Eyeliner is just rad! The pencil glides on effortlessly, and the rich, creamy, smudge-resistant color lasts long. And guess what? The eyeliner is suitable for use on your waterline!
- It is a sharpenable pencil eyeliner that can last up to 24 hours, which is a big deal.
- This is one of the best blue eyeliners that delivers an intense, smudge-resistant, waterproof, and no-budge super bold shade of blue.
- It comes with the new Dual Pencil Sharpener, which is perfect for keeping the tip sharp.
- Although the product is great, sharpening it is a problem.
Maybelline Eyestudio Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner lets you master the winged-eye look. It features an ultra-fine brush felt tip to deliver a precise line in one single stroke. This cobalt blue liquid eyeliner is highly pigmented and stays put for up to 12 hours. Now, with just one stroke, get the best fine line to level up the eye drama a notch above.
- You get precise, sharp blue lines with no smudge for up to 12 hours.
- This ultra-thin-0.4-millimeter brush helps you get a smooth and precise line in a single stroke.
- Do not worry if you have sensitive eyes or are a contact lens wearer. This blue eyeliner is fragrance-free and ophthalmologist- and dermatologist-tested.
- The pen liquid eyeliner has been ergonomically designed for easy grip.
- The eyeliner does not hold up to oily skin very well.
The WUNDER2 SUPER-STAY LINER is perfect for creating a playful, colored look that lasts throughout the day. The 24-hour-wear SUPER-STAY LINER ensures that you look picture-perfect from morning to evening after just one application!
- This blue eyeliner is a smudge-proof, waterproof, and transfer-proof pencil liner that glides on smoothly and effortlessly.
- It is suitable for use as an eye shadow too.
- Create playful bold looks that last all day with this warm blue eyeliner.
- Plus, this is a cruelty-free makeup.
- The eyeliner tends to smudge on oily skin.
- This blue eyeliner gives rise to a bold, high impact look.
- You can draw lines, define, and accentuate your eye makeup with just a single stroke.
- It is super smooth, comfortable to wear every day, and does not irritate the eyes!
- The retractable eyeliner requires no sharpening.
- Although the color is super cool, it might smudge after a few hours.
How To Pick The Perfect Eyeliner For Your Eye Makeup
To pick the perfect eyeliner for highlighting your eyes, you first need to know the various types of eyeliners and understand which type works best for you and for a particular look. Eyeliners are of three types — gel, pencil, and liquid.
Purpose: If you tend to love the cat-eyed look, then this eyeliner is for you.
The best part: It can be easily cleaned. It delivers control while drawing a line, and the brush can be used to get different results.
The difficult part: The gel eyeliner tends to dry out quickly. Plus, you have to regularly clean the brush to avoid any eye infection, which adds up to the burden.
Purpose: If you are in for a delicate and precise eyeliner, then go for a liquid eyeliner. It creates clean lines that swoop or flick.
The best part: It comes in a wide range of colors, and the thin brush helps you get subtle lines! It is just perfect for highlighting your upper lash lines.
The difficult part: Although it is known to create perfect thin lines, the liquid liner can also prove to be messy.
Purpose: If you are looking to create a smokey eye look, then a pencil eyeliner is your go-to thing.
The best part: The pencil eyeliner is great for everyday looks. Besides, it’s ideal for lining your waterline.
The difficult part: Sharpening the pencil becomes another chore, and sometimes it might hurt too.
How Do You Make Blue Eyes Look Bluer?
Blue-lined eyes are just beautiful, but how do you make sure that they stand out? Here’s how you can change the game to make your blue eyes pop:
- Try to use brown, gold, or copper eye-shadows when applying eye makeup.
- You can add depth to your eyes by using more than one shade of blue.
- Use a blue eyeliner to fill your eye’s waterline without overdoing the color to complement your bold eye look.
- To give your eyes the attention that they need, wear bold lipstick, like a bright red.
- Plus, apply some brown or copper shimmer underneath your eyes to brighten them.
- Try to choose a dress color that accentuates your eye makeup.
Lining your eye with a blue eyeliner is an excellent way to pull off a bold look. But before you even start your eye makeup, you need to choose a good blue eyeliner that suits your eye shape and need.
We hope this list makes your job of finding the perfect blue eyeliner easy. Now, get rid of all your inhibitions and embrace the new chic look that will get you a dozen compliments.
Also, do let us know your favorite blue eyeliner in the comments section below.