Makeup trends and beauty regimes tend to shift from season to season. The runway models don quirky mod eyes and unique eyeliners, with black liners temporarily taking a back seat. The best blue eyeliners provide a much-needed change from the usual. If you want to keep up with the latest trends while enhancing your appearance, blue eyeliner is the way to go!
We have compiled a list of eight popular blue eyeliner options to help you choose the best blue eyeliner for your eyes. This collection includes a variety of makeup artist-approved blue eyeliners, ranging from waterproof to liquid to gel to many more.
8 Best Blue Eyeliners
This Maybelline blue eyeliner is ideal if you are looking to sport a long-lasting and perfect cat-eyed look all day. Be it a natural or a dramatic eye-look, this celebrity-endorsed blue eyeliner helps create your signature eye-look. You can wear this sapphire blue eyeliner and rock a chic look all day! Click this review video for more details about this eyeliner. It’s important to use a longwear formula when wearing blue eyeliner and this waterproof eyeliner is perfect to prevent smears.
- The Maybelline blue eyeliner is just the right liner to amp up the drama and elevate your look.
- As it is ophthalmologist-tested, it is perfectly suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- The smudge-resistant and waterproof eyeliner lasts all day.
- This mechanical eye-pencil comes with an in-built sharpening tool that gives you a sharp tip. It delivers control and defines your eye-makeup.
- The sharp tip is likely to break off more often than not, which can be pretty annoying.
"This eyeliner is easy to apply, and the retractable design means no breakages or uneven sharpening. Although it does smudge at the edges when my allergies act up, the pigmentation and blending ability more than make up for it."
The Midnight blue Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner helps you get a sharp eye look. Plus, the self-sharpening pencil gives you a perfect line every time you use it. The eye makeup stays put all day and gives your eye look an edge over others.
- This eyeliner pencil is super easy to apply and gives you a perfect line all the time.
- The self-sharpening feature helps you get a perfect tip that glides smoothly and gives you precise lines.
- Midnight blue is the perfect shade for you to stand out at every occasion.
- The eyeliner is ophthalmologist-tested and is suitable for sensitive eyes.
- Sometimes, getting the pencil out can be a problem. Plus, this eyeliner pencil doesn’t have a fine point, which means that getting very thin lines can be tricky.
"For years, I've used this Covergirl eyeliner pencil. Its smooth application ensures clean, precise lines. The Midnight Blue shade has a deep, rich pigment and is perfect for a night out. However, its softness can be a tad frustrating, but it's waterproof and makes my eyes pop beautifully. Hence a win for me!"
The twilight blue Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil helps define and brighten your eyes. The vibrant, luminous blue pencil glides on very smoothly to enhance your eyes all day without smudging or fading. Looking for a soft and blended look or a precise and bold look? This creamy blue eyeliner does the job to perfection.
- The Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil is a dermatologist-tested and ophthalmologist-tested eyeliner, which makes it safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.
- This eyeliner comes with a built-in sharpener that gives you precise lines.
- You could also use the built-in contoured smudger brush to get a soft, blended look.
- This blue eyeliner is infused with olive oil and rainforest shea butter, which help to nourish the skin around your lashes.
- This automatic eyeliner pencil glides on very smoothly and lasts for a long time.
- If you are looking for a darker shade, this is not for you.
- This eyeliner can’t be used to define your eyebrows as the application may be too heavy for a natural brow look.
Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner
Midnight Blue Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner Pencil
Twilight Blue Neutrogena Nourishing Eyeliner Pencil
Best For Sensitive Eyes
|Color||SAPPHIRE||220 - Midnight Blue||10 / Cosmic Black|
|Dimensions||0.41 x 1.88 x 5.63 inches||0.84 x 6.26 x 6.5 inches||6 x 5 x 4 inches|
|Weight||0.18 Ounces||0.35 Ounces||0.67 Ounces|
|Number of Items||-||2||-|
This Gel Smooth Eyeliner by Almay has a silky texture and glides on smoothly to help you nail that smoldering smokey-eye, wide-eyed, or classic cat-eye look. The formula gives great payoff and doesn’t melt all over your face.
- The color can last for up to 12 hours.
- The eyeliner gives rise to a bold and intense eye makeup in a jiffy when accompanied with mascara and an eye-shadow.
- It is hypoallergenic, ophthalmologist-tested, and fragrance-free, making it safe for contact lens wearers and sensitive eyes.
- It is a bit expensive.
The Cobalt Blue L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Last Waterproof Pencil Eyeliner is just rad! The pencil glides on effortlessly, and the rich, creamy, smudge-resistant color lasts long. And guess what? The eyeliner is suitable for use on your waterline! For more useful information about the eyeliner, click this review video.
- It is a sharpenable pencil eyeliner that can last up to 24 hours, which is a big deal.
- This is one of the best blue eyeliners that delivers an intense, smudge-resistant, waterproof, and no-budge super bold shade of blue.
- It comes with the new Dual Pencil Sharpener, which is perfect for keeping the tip sharp.
- Although the product is great, sharpening it is a problem.
"This eyeliner's waterproof feature impresses me, as it is suitable for oily, sweaty skin. I would have preferred a creamier formula, but a big plus is that it doesn't smudge or bleed. It has a soft application and easily buildable pigment to go from day to night looks. And the ease of application ensures I keep reaching for it."
6. Best Matte: Wet N Wild MegaLiner Liquid Eyeliner
Wet n Wild’s MegaLiner liquid eyeliner in blue is a vanity must-have for anyone looking to add a pop to their eye makeup. This eyeliner features a rich, fluid formula with a high-definition pigment that glides on smoothly, ensuring long-lasting, visible results. The matte finish of this liner gives your eyes a bold and dramatic look.
- It is smudge-proof.
- The flexible and easy-to-control brush gives you precise application.
- It is free of phthalates, toluene, and formaldehyde, making it an excellent choice for those with sensitive skin.
- This eyeliner is perfect for everyday wear and special occasions.
- May be brighter than expected
- It may take time to dry
"I found the eyeliner's electric blue hue to be a real winner. It offers a crisp, even application with no smudging. Though it is not waterproof, it lasts well throughout the day, and that drawback feels like a blessing when removing makeup at the end of the day."
7. Best With Gel Grip: L.A. Girl Ultimate Intense Stay Auto Eyeliner- Never Ending Blue
The L.A. Girl Ultimate Intense Stay Auto eyeliner in blue features a long-lasting, highly-pigmented formula that gives you a dramatic and intense look. Its creamy, gel-like formula glides on smoothly and efficiently, allowing you to achieve precise and clean lines with minimal effort. The fine tip of the never ending navy blue eyeliner helps create thick and thin lines, making it versatile and suitable for any eye shape.
- The liner is preservative-free.
- It is suitable for those with sensitive eyes or skin.
- The formula has not been tested on animals.
- The gel grip ensures comfortable and easy application.
- It is dermatologist-tested and ophthalmologist-tested
- It might be darker than expected.
- It may crumble if not applied properly.
"The eyeliner offers a beautiful blue shade and glides smoothly on my lids, staying put all day. It has a finer tip, which makes application easy, and the effect on the bottom lid looks fantastic. Though a bit tough to touch up once dry, the color is long-wearing, smear-proof, and better than many high-end eyeliners."
8. Best Cruelty-Free: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eyeliner Pencil
This 24/7 glide-on waterproof eyeliner pencil by Urban Decay is designed to help you flaunt any look. This professional-grade eyeliner pencil has an ultra-creamy, blendable formula that glides smoothly while conditioning the lash line with vitamin E, jojoba oil, and cottonseed oil. Its waterproof and smudge-proof formula delivers intense, long-wearing color for up to 16 hours, making it perfect for creating any look – winged or bold. This chaos shade eyeliner has a combination of cobalt blue and floating pearl blue eyeliner shade.
- The matte blue eyeliner is available in five finishes.
- It is suitable for people with oily eyelids and under-eye.
- The eyeliner is cruelty-free.
- It is perfect for any occasion.
- The pigmentation may be low.
- It may not be easy to sharpen.
"Applying this liner is a breeze, and its adherence, even through rain and sweat, is impressive. It possesses a delightful subdued shimmer but is quite soft and may need to be sharpened before use. Despite the minor issue, its non-irritating nature and lovely color keep me loyal."
How To Choose The Right Blue Eyeliner?
Keep the following parameters in mind to choose a suitable blue eyeliner.
- Waterproof: Choose a waterproof eyeliner for long-lasting performance and protection from sweat and tears.
- Safety: Ensure the eyeliner is gentle on the eyes and includes safe, natural components. Pick an eyeliner that is dermatologist-tested and ophthalmologist-tested and hypoallergenic.
- Ease of application: Choose an eyeliner that helps you draw wings in a single stroke. It should glide on smoothly and should have a pointed and sharp tip for a neat look.
- Consistency: Ensure the eyeliner doesn’t dry out quickly. It should not have a runny or thick consistency which may cause smudging, lumps, and other issues.
How Do You Make Blue Eyes Look Bluer?
Blue-lined eyes are just beautiful, but how do you make sure that they stand out? Here’s how you can change the game to make your blue eyes pop:
- Try to use brown, gold, or copper eye-shadows when applying eye makeup.
- You can add depth to your eyes by using more than one shade of blue.
- Use a blue eyeliner to fill your eye’s waterline without overdoing the color to complement your bold eye look.
- To give your eyes the attention that they need, wear bold lipstick, like a bright red that goes well with your eyeliner.
- Plus, apply some brown or copper shimmer underneath your eyes to brighten them.
- Try to choose a dress color that accentuates your eye makeup.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a makeup enthusiast and stays updated about trending beauty and personal care products. She has gone through various user reviews and tester experiences and done careful research on the best blue eyeliners that can elevate your look and are safe for your eyes. Her list includes different products that are water-resistant, smudge-proof, and suitable for sensitive eyes. She also added information on how to pick the right product for your requirements so you do not get confused.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can wear blue eyeliner?
Anyone can wear blue eyeliner. You can enhance your look and make your eyes pop by pairing it with appropriate eyeshadow colors such as brown, gold, or copper.
2. What does blue eyeliner do?
Blue eyeliner can make your eye color look brighter and make your eyes pop. Pair a blue eyeliner with neutral or light shades of pink to enhance your look.
3. Is navy eyeliner for blue eyes?
Navy eyeliner complements almost every eye color, be it brown, black, or blue. While navy shimmer eyeliner embraces your eyes with a cool tone and dark shade, ensure you pair the navy shade with the appropriate lip color and eye makeup.
Give your eyes a vibrant and edgy look with blue eyeliner, and stand out in the crowd. To pick an eyeliner, consider your eyes and surrounding areas, especially if you have sensitive eyes or skin. Eyeliners shaped like pencils can easily break or develop a blunt tip, so you need to be cautious while picking one. You can also choose gel, liquid, and pen-shaped varieties after considering their pros and cons. Our top picks include the ophthalmologist-tested Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner, which has a long-lasting formula, and the Midnight Blue Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner Pencil, which is easy to apply and suitable for sensitive skin. So, buy a suitable eyeliner that offers a sharp, precise finish to make your eyes pop.
Infographic: How To Create Different Eye Makeup Looks With Blue Eyeliners?
Blue eyeliners are ideal for adding subtle charm and distinction to your everyday eye makeup. Check out the infographic below to explore diverse ways of using blue eyeliners. It features six iconic looks you can try with blue liners, ensuring they don’t remain a once-in-a-blue-moon makeup choice.