People with crepey skin know how frustrating skincare routines can be. For those in the dark about crepey skin, it is skin that appears soggy and with wrinkles. Thus, you should choose the best body lotion for crepey skin with careful consideration. And as the condition generally affects the sun-exposed areas, you should also get the best lotions for crepey skin on arms and legs.
Fortunately, many brands have started rolling out lotions catering to this skin type. These body lotions are formulated with special ingredients and blended with natural products to provide relief to the skin.
If you have crepey skin or know an elderly who has crepey skin, now is the time to try some skincare products that might work wonders for you. We have listed some of the best body lotions and moisturizers for crepey skin in this post. Read on to know more about them.
16 Best Body Lotions For Crepey Skin In 2023
1. Best With Antioxidants: Medix 5.5 Retinol + Ferulic Acid Anti-Sagging Treatment
When it comes to firming up crepey skin texture, nothing packs a tighter punch than a mix of anti-aging ingredients and antioxidants. Medix 5.5 is one of the best sagging skin creams as it contains vitamin A in the form of retinol to help reduce wrinkles and fine lines while maintaining a strong skin barrier and improving skin elasticity. On the other hand, ferulic acid helps heal skin damage caused by the sun’s harmful UV rays. To further nourish and soften skin, this body moisturizer also contains shea butter, aloe vera, chamomile, along with extracts of apple, rosemary, and sunflower. Not only do these natural and safe ingredients hydrate and strengthen, but they also help to promote younger-looking skin. Check out this in-depth review video to understand how the high-performance cream works on crepey skin.
Scent: Chamomile| Quantity: 15oz| Form: Cream| Key ingredients: Aqua,lotion, glycerin, shea butter, retinol, aloe juice
- Can be used on face as well
- Doesn’t contain talc, animal-derived ingredients, sulfates, dyes, mineral oils, or talc
- May have an odd and unpleasant fragrance
2. Best For Skin Firming: InstaNatural Crepe Skin Firming Cream
Designed for uneven and crepey skin, InstaNatural’s advanced formula will be a valuable addition to your skincare routine. It is filled with the goodness of glycolic acid, which helps speed up cell turnover and exfoliate dead skin cells to leave you with firm and youthful-looking skin. You will also find that the caffeine present in this cream for crepey skin improves blood circulation, treats hyperpigmentation, and reduces puffiness. A combination of powerful ingredients is present, such as hyaluronic acid that intensely hydrates skin, collagen to improve skin elasticity and lessens wrinkles, and shea butter that deeply moisturizes the skin. Using this lotion for crepey skin day and night will firm up, smooth, and lift your skin while giving it a radiant glow. This unbiased review video will help you know more about the InstaNatural Crepe skin-firming cream.
Scent: Fresh, fruity| Quantity: 7.6oz| Form: Lotion| Key ingredients: Aqua, glycolic acid, glycerin, shea butter, olive
- Suitable for all skin types
- Made without mineral oils, synthetic dyes, petroleum, and unsafe preservatives
- Suitable to keep skin smooth in winters
- The cream has a thick consistency, so it may take a while to be fully absorbed
3. Best For All Skin Types: TreeActiv Crepey Skin Repair Treatment Skin Firming And Tightening Cream
One of the best skincare products for crepey skin, TreeActiv’s Crepey Skin Treatment can be massaged onto your whole body to lift and tone the skin. It contains top-notch ingredients to help firm up your skin and make it super smooth. You can use it at bedtime because of its glycolic acid content and it helps reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and the appearance of pores, providing healthy skin. In contrast, shea butter provides intense moisturization, and glycerin prevents dryness for more radiant skin. There is also a cocktail of potent antioxidant-laden oils such as vitamin E, apricot, and aloe vera for ultimate hydration and softening.
Scent: Honey, shea butter, coconut, apricot, aloe vera| Quantity: 8oz| Form: Cream| Key ingredients: Aqua, aloe vera juice, olive oil, hyaluronic acid, coconut oil
- Suitable for all skin types
- Can also be used as a cellulite cream
- Improves skin texture and makes the skin smooth
- Made with vegetarian ingredients
- Doesn’t contain toxic ingredients like parabens, sulfates, GMOs, or palm oils
- May take a while to yield results
Medix 5.5 Retinol + Ferulic Acid Anti-Sagging Treatment
Best With Antioxidants
InstaNatural Crepe Skin Firming Cream
Best For Skin Firming
TreeActiv Crepey Skin Repair Treatment Skin Firming And Tightening Cream
Best For All Skin Types
|Dimensions||2.8 x 2.2 x 7.2 inches||-||-|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best For Skin Tightening: Jergens Skin Firming Body Lotion
Jergens Skin Firming body lotion is oil-infused and provides 24-hour hydration, making it ideal for dry skin type. Besides moisturizing the skin, it improves the elasticity and firmness of the skin with its unique and rich collagen, elastin, and hydralucence formulation. The lotion is also suitable for tackling cellulite-associated skin issues.
Scent: Fresh, light| Quantity: 16.8oz| Form: Liquid| Key ingredients: Collagen, elastin, glycerin, caffeine, sodium hydroxide
- Non-greasy and quick-absorbing
- Suitable for daily use
- Visibly tones the skin
- Offers healthy skin
- Fragrance might be overpowering for some
- May not be alcohol-free
5. Best For Skin Elasticity: Bloom Collagen + Aloe Vera Intensive Firming Cream
Bloom’s anti-aging formula utilizes collagen to improve skin strength and elasticity and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles to promote youthful-looking skin. Ideal for full body use, this is one of the best crepey skin remedies for drying and sagging skin. The aloe vera fights signs of aging, moisturizes skin, and helps it heal quickly. For a pleasant smell that is not overwhelming, this treatment for aging skin uses green tea extracts, which provides soothing benefits as well. Without an oily or sticky consistency, this product provides visible results over time.
Scent: Fragrance-free| Quantity: 15oz| Form: Cream, lotion| Key ingredients: Aqua, glycerin, hydrolyzed collagen, aloe leaf juice, camellia sinensis leaf extract
- Goes on smoothly
- Provides even-toned and youthful skin
- Helps with cellulite and stretch marks
- Can also be used as a facial moisturizer
- The thick consistency may make it slow in absorbing
"I'm pleased with this cream as it gives my skin the right hydration. It has made my skin soft, smooth, and refreshed. On using it regularly, I have noticed my skin become firm. The scent is not my favorite, but the soothing sensation on my skin after using this product is worth it."
6. Best Moisturizing: Reshape+ Crepey Skin Wrinkle Smoothing Cream
Crepey skin can cause a massive dent in your confidence, but you can always gain it back with the right products and care. One of the best skin-firming body lotions, Crepey Skin Wrinkle Smoothing Cream, uses a powerhouse of active ingredients like hyaluronic acid to boost hydration levels while also softening the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. If you also suffer from irritated and inflamed skin, borage oil helps to nourish and soothe the skin and reduce redness and dryness. A central component like collagen gives new life to your skin by amping up elasticity levels and improving blood circulation. For extra moisturization, you will also find aloe vera and shea butter and reduce puffiness, and this Wrinkle Smoothing Cream uses rosemary oil. With skin-lifting and strengthening elements, this is the best moisturizer for crepey skin.
Scent: Shea butter, rose, aloe vera| Quantity: 14.37oz| Form: Lotion| Key ingredients: Apple extract, shea butter, soluble collagen, aloe leaf juice
- Doesn’t contain sulfates, talc, PEGs, and dyes
- Might have a greasy feel
people over 60 apply moisturizer within three minutes of bathing and on damp skin to keep their skin well hydrated (3).
7. Best With Organic Ingredients: Vernal Skincare Crepe-Less Skin Cream
Made with organic and nourishing ingredients, the Crepe-Less Skin Cream is the best body lotion for crepey skin. It contains organic shea butter, which provides intense moisturization and reduces puffiness and flakiness, and hyaluronic acid provides skin-plumping effect. It also contains watermelon rich in vitamins A, B3, and C for antioxidant benefits that slow down aging signs. Apple extracts shield the skin from sun damage, which often contributes to crepey skin and makes skin more radiant. You can count on vitamin C for improved skin elasticity along with aloe vera to soothe irritated, dry, damaged, rash-prone, and sensitive skin. Massaging this moisturizer onto crepey skin will help lift, tone, and firm it for a younger-looking feel. Go through this video for a greater understanding of the cream’s effectiveness.
Scent: Mild, fresh, niacinamide, organic ingredients, antioxidants | Quantity: 4oz| Form: Cream| Key ingredients: Hyaluronic acid
- Suitable for all skin types and tones
- Lightweight consistency
- May have an overpowering fragrance
8. Best For Neck Firming: Voibella Beauty Advanced Anti-Aging Neck Firming Cream
If you struggle with crepey skin, you may have also come across ‘chicken neck’ and ‘turkey neck,’ which is loose and sagging skin on the neck. And if this is an issue you face daily, the Advanced Anti-Aging Neck Firming Cream may help bring back its strength. This body lotion for crepey skin is equipped with collagen to restore the elasticity to your skin to feel lifted. It also assists in renewing skin cells, hydrates the skin, and keeps it soft and supple. There is also a blend of potent ingredients like sweet almond oil, aloe vera gel, carrot, cucumber, and avocado extracts for optimum nourishment. We often ignore our necks in our beauty routines, and this may cause them to age quicker, so investing in toning and smoothing cream can help get rid of this problem sooner.
Scent: Fragrance-free| Quantity: 1oz| Form: Cream| Key ingredients: Hydrolyzed wheat protein| aloe vera gel| ginseng root extract| sweet almond oil| glycerin
- Can also be used on the chest, arms, and legs
- Suitable for all skin types
- Can help reduce blemishes
- Some people might find the consistency to be heavy
9. Best Paraben-Free: Crepe Erase Trial Size Starter Daily 3 Piece Set
These days, there’s more than body lotions and moisturizers to help treat crepey skin. Crepe Erase comes with 3 crepey skin products formulated to improve the look of dry, sagging, and crepey skin. Use the Exfoliating Body Polish daily by massaging into wet skin to help remove dead skin cells and impurities and rinse with warm water. The Intensive Body Repair Treatment and Ultra-Hydrating Body Lotion can then be generously massaged onto dry or cracked skin in circular motions to soften your skin. To supplement the nourishment to your skin, botanical extracts such as coconut, olive, grapeseed oils, and cocoa butter are also present. These skin-loving ingredients make this the best lotion for wrinkled hands and legs.
Scent: Mild, lotion | Quantity: 3.5oz| Form: Cream| Key ingredients: Lactic acid| plant extracts
- Has a subtle, pleasant fragrance
- Gentle on the skin
- Suitable for all skin types
- Free of parabens and phthalates
- The lotion may have a sticky feel
10. Non-Comedogenic: Victoria’s Skin Tight Naturals Total Body Crepey Skin Cream
If you feel like you’ve tried and tested almost everything to lift your sagging and crepey skin, try this firming cream for legs, arms, and even the whole body. Get best results with ingredients like shea butter that penetrate skin deeply for a boost of moisture and leave your skin feeling supple and soft with the presence of fatty acids. Additionally, you’ll also find skin-nourishing ingredients like glycerin for reduced dryness, niacinamide for skin brightening benefits, watermelon extracts for UV protection, apple extracts for skin cell rejuvenation and oats for exfoliation benefits. After using this body cream, you can notice how renewed and replenished your skin feels along with a natural glow to support that.
Scent: Vanilla| Quantity: 4oz| Form: Cream| Key ingredients: stearic acid| plant extracts| shea butter| aloe gel
- Can be used for cellulite, stretch marks, and post-pregnancy belly
- Fades age spots
- Has a subtle scent
- Thick consistency may take some time to absorb
11. Best Unscented: Diva Stuff Extreme Crepey Skin Body And Face Cream
To instill new life into your crepey skin that sags and is dry, try out Diva Stuff’s Extreme Crepey Skin Body And Face Cream. You can use this firming lotion for legs, arms, neck, and other areas that need hydration and lifting. Its regenerating formula contains shea butter, a moisturizing champion that reduces signs of aging and stretch marks. Vitamin E also provides numerous benefits to reverse the aging process by blurring out the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. You can count on glycerin and hyaluronic acid to boost skin hydration and honey to speed up skin healing. Also, it is enriched with multiple natural ingredients and skin-loving oils such as olive, argan, babassu, coconut, almond, soy, shea, and macadamia nuts. Massage daily for tight, firm, and youthful-looking skin.
Scent: Fragrance-free| Quantity: 8oz| Form: Cream| Key ingredients: Honey| vitamin E| hydrolyzed collagen| glycerin| hyaluronic acid| olive oil
- Keeps the skin hydrated
- Gentle on delicate skin
- May require some time to be fully absorbed
12. Best Anti-Aging: Paula’s Choice Skin Smoothening Retinol Body Treatment
This anti-aging body lotion by Paula’s Choice is a retinol-based formulation that uses vitamin A and antioxidants to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone. Devoid of harmful chemicals, the lotion is gentle on the mature skin. It also doubles as a non-greasy moisturizer due to its rich shea butter and evening primrose oil content and helps combat dullness and signs of aging.
Scent: Fragrance-free| Quantity: 4 fl oz| Form: Lotion| Key ingredients: Retinol| shea butter| vitamin C| vitamin E| evening primrose oil
- Contains 0.1% pure retinol
- Smell might not be appealing to all
- Need to follow it up with sunscreen during the day to prevent sun damage
13. Best Non-Greasy: Misumi Skincare Crepe Vanish Skin Smoothing Cream
Misumi Skincare’s Crepe Vanish Skin Smoothing Cream features a rich blend of ultra-nourishing ingredients. It contains cacao butter to retain moisture and increase skin elasticity, olive oil that moisturizes and slows down the aging process, along with grapeseed oil that helps all antioxidants get absorbed effectively. Using this smoothing cream regularly will yield exceptional results and allow your skin to be even textured, lifted, and toned.
Scent: Light| Quantity: 4oz| Form: Cream| Key ingredients: Grapeseed oil| olive oil| cocoa butter
- Gentle on skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Makes skin soft and supple
- Ideal for dry skin
- Might be greasy for oily skin types
14. Best For Dry Skin: Diva Stuff Ultimate Crepey Skin Cream
Equipped with all the good-for-skin stuff, you won’t be disappointed with what Diva Stuff’s Ultimate Crepey Skin Cream can do for your dry and saggy skin. The advanced formula contains silk peptides that provide anti-aging and deep moisturization benefits. Your skin will become soft with the help of argan oil, which has omega-3 fatty acids, linoleic acids, and vitamin E. Additionally, it also contains hyaluronic acid, which intensely hydrates skin for a smooth texture, and pumpkin extracts lower hyperpigmentation and fades dark spots. After cleansing your skin, lather on and massage a generous amount of this intensive treatment cream to tighten and firm crepey skin.
Scent: Lemongrass| Quantity: 8oz| Form: Cream| Key ingredients: Hyaluronic acid| distilled water| fruit acids| peptides| vitamin E| grapeseed oil
- Can be used to treat eczema and psoriasis
- Ideal for winter moisturization
- Offers deep hydration
- Can also be used to treat under-eye wrinkles and crow’s feet
- Suitable for acne-prone skin
- Has a pleasant scent
- Cream has a heavy consistency and might leave stains
15. Best Cruelty-Free: RD Alchemy Natural Products Firming Cellulite And vein Support Body Lotion
Looking after crepey skin can be made accessible when you invest in quality products, as they show guaranteed results. This expertly crafted skin-tightening cream contains natural ingredients, like aloe vera and algae extract to slow down aging signs, ginger to preserve collagen, green tea leaf extract to reduce dermatitis, skin irritation, and redness and vitamin E to speed up the skin and wound healing process. A blend of nourishing oils like coconut, sage, sweet orange, juniper, and cypress is also present to make your skin smooth, plump, and soft. You can use this body moisturizer all over your body to even out skin texture and firm up loose skin. Due to rich and non-toxic ingredients, we think this is the best lotion for getting smooth and wrinkle-free skin.
Scent: Sweet orange| Quantity: 4oz| Form: Lotion| Key ingredients: Vitamin E| cypress| nannochloropsis oculata algae| sage| witch hazel| juniper| citric acid| herbal extracts
- Works on cellulite
- Can be used to reduce appearance of spider veins
- Made using organic ingredients
- No sulfates, parabens, and GMOs
- Contains fragrance
16. Best For Winter: Advanced Clinicals Hyaluronic Acid Instant Skin Hydrator
With a subtle and pleasant aloe vera scent, this body lotion provides deep hydration to crepey skin with the presence of hyaluronic acid as the main component. The humectant skincare ingredient helps skin cells retain moisture and prevents water loss from the skin, thus providing wrinkle-free, supple, and soft skin. Apart from this, other powerful ingredients like coconut oil protect skin barriers, shea butter shields skin against free radicals, and meadowfoam seed oil locks in moisture for further moisturization. There are also ingredients like squalene, borage oil, vitamin E, and aloe vera, which soothe the skin and provide intense nourishment. As crepey skin can also cause dryness, itchiness, and sagging, these hydrating and skin-plumping ingredients help reverse these issues. Apply a handful of the lotion on areas like legs, arms, neck, chest, and even thighs get smooth and even-textured skin.
Scent: Sweet orange| Quantity: 16oz| Form: Cream| Key ingredients: Cetearyl alcohol| cypress| coconut oil| sage| glycerin| juniper| shea butter| aloe leaf juice
- Ideal for winter months
- Treats loose skin due to weight loss
- Doesn’t have a sticky consistency
- Thick consistency may leave a white cast on the skin
How To Choose The Right Body Lotion For Crepey Skin?
Keep the following factors in mind when choosing a body lotion for crepey skin.
- Ingredients: Choosing a full-body lotion with the right ingredients is your best bet to reduce crepey skin. As crepey skin is caused by dehydration and skin damage, resulting in a combination of wrinkles, sagging, and dryness, looking for ingredients that combat these concerns will help. An ideal body lotion should have collagen to support the renewal of skin cells and make skin plump while promoting elasticity, hyaluronic acid to provide hydration and strengthen the skin barrier, and butters like shea and cacao for intense moisturization. You can also look for antioxidant-rich oils like jojoba, grapeseed, olive, sunflower, argan, and castor, as they soothe dry skin and make the skin smooth and soft. Skin-plumping ingredients like glycolic acid and those that protect the skin from UV damage, such as watermelon extracts, are beneficial. Sun damage is one of the causes of crepey skin and can worsen this condition, so looking for body lotions that come with an in-built SPF will also help.
- Safety: While it is good to be aware of ingredients to look out for, keep an eye out for harmful and toxic chemicals you should avoid, such as parabens, sulfates, mineral oils, synthetic dyes or fragrances, GMOs, SLS, phthalates, or petroleum. These harsh ingredients suck the life out of the skin and can make it weak. You can also do an allergy test using a small amount of the product to ensure it does not cause irritation or redness.
- Formula: It’s vital to use formulas that do not clog your pores and are moisturizing and hydrating simultaneously. Analyzing your skin type can be beneficial in choosing a formula that is ideal for your skin. If your skin is dry, it is recommended to select one with a thick and moisture-sealing formula. If you have oily skin, choose an oil-free, non-comedogenic formula that will complement your oily skin. For normal skin, choose formulas that nourish your skin.
Gabrielle Richens, a London-based skin therapist and clean beauty blogger, says, “The decolletage is especially prone to crepey skin. Therefore, taking care of your skin down the neck to the chest by applying a rich and hydrating body lotion is vital. You can use body lotion during all seasons to keep the skin healthy and soft.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a beauty and personal care product writer and reviewer. Her articles guide her readers in selecting the best available products on the market. After carefully analyzing the ingredients, safety, and other vital aspects, she has compiled a list of some of the best body lotions for crepey skin. Poulami has included the pros and cons of each product and a buying guide to help you make an informed choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can crepey skin be reversed?
Using a moisturizer with skin-repairing ingredients like hyaluronic or glycolic acid consistently can help reverse crepey skin. You must also make sure to limit time spent in the sun, or take necessary precautions such as using SPF.
2. Will building muscle get rid of crepey skin?
To an extent, you can combine moisturizing and exercising to reduce crepey skin. Building muscle naturally increases collagen production and elastin in the body, and this can give the appearance of toned, tight and firm skin.
3. How do I get rid of crepey skin on my own?
Apart from using the right moisturizer and skin care products to remediate crepey skin, a lot depends on factors that might dehydrate your skin. To get rid of crepey skin, you might want to-
- Avoid smoking
- Regulate alcohol intake
- Get adequate and proper sleep
- Wear sunscreen when outside
- Eat a balanced diet
- Keep a check on your stress levels
4. What vitamin is good for crepey skin?
Vitamins A, C, D, and E are said to reduce the chances of crepey skin. Apart from these, foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants are said to be effective (1).
5. Is Vaseline good for crepey skin?
Vaseline can be used as a moisturizer as it acts as a barrier and prevents the skin’s moisture from drying out. The downside is that some might find it greasy, and it may stain clothes, may not be acne-skin-friendly, and is petroleum-based, therefore not suitable for vegans.
Using the best moisturizer for crepey skin can go beyond the aesthetic benefits. It can transform your fragile skin from the inside out and feed it with nutrients to strengthen it. This way, your skin will better withstand free radicals, pollutants, and environmental stressors. Our top picks include the Medix 5.5 Retinol + Ferulic Acid Anti-Sagging Treatment, which helps improve skin elasticity, and the Jergens Skin Firming Body Lotion, which offers hydration and is quick-absorbing. We also like the Advanced Clinicals Hyaluronic Acid Instant Skin Hydrator, which contains hyaluronic acid, coconut oil, vitamin E, and other nourishing ingredients for hydrated skin. When it comes to treating skin issues, consistency is vital. If you have the perfect body lotion for crepey skin, it won’t give you the desired results unless you apply it twice daily. So cleanse and slather on the best body lotion for crepey skin, and say hello to tighter, firmer, plumper, and smoother skin tomorrow.
Infographics: Ingredients To Prevent Crepey Skin
Your skin becomes thin and fragile as you age, causing crepey skin. Moreover, prolonged exposure of the skin to harmful UV rays results in loss of elasticity and collagen, making the skin saggy and wrinkled. So, check out the infographic below to learn about the ingredients that help prevent crepey skin.
- How to prevent and improve crepey skin
- Guidance for Industry: Labeling for Cosmetics Containing Alpha Hydroxy Acids
- How to care for your skin in your 60s and 70s
- Best Retinol Body Lotions
- Best Collagen Creams For All Skin Types
- Best Neck Creams
- Best Aloe Vera Lotions