A baby’s skin is more sensitive than an adult’s. Therefore, you should consider using the best body lotion for kids for extra moisture and nourishment. It helps soothe the baby’s irritating and dry skin. However, some lotions come with strong fragrances and may not suit your little ones. Since there are several options to choose from, you can go through the following list to help you choose the right product for your child. Check with a dermatologist if you find your child suffering from any skin condition for more than a week.
11 Best Body Lotions For Kids
1. Best For Skin Protection: Betteryou Magnesium Sleep Lotion Junior
Betteryou kids’ lotion can be applied to your child’s back, legs, feet, and other areas to provide a calming and soothing effect. This children’s lotion is rich in magnesium chloride, which protects the skin from pollutants. The lotion is designed to combat magnesium deficiency in children by permitting transdermal magnesium absorption.
- Container manufactured from ocean waste plastic
- Free from preservatives, allergens, flavors, and synthetic colors
- Gets quickly absorbed in the skin
- Lavender and chamomile ensure a peaceful sleep
- Has a thick consistency
- Might not have effective results
2. Best Cruelty-Free: Mee Beauty Baby & Kids Body Lotion
This children’s body lotion from Mee Beauty is free of parabens and artificial fragrances. It is also a cruelty-free product. It is rich in organic aloe vera, natural honey, and shea butter to help treat rashes and eczema. The lotion uses a 236ml pump dispenser, which absorbs moisture and heals the skin. It has all the essential vitamins and minerals that will soothe the skin. It contains fatty acids that act as a nourishing agent, while the natural vitamins will moisturize the skin, making it one of the best lotions for kids.
- Suitable for all skin types
- Contains no phthalates and petrochemicals
- Made with 70% organic ingredients
- Leaves the skin smooth and soft
- Users might experience a burning sensation
- Has a strong smell
3. Best Organic: Nature’s Baby Organics Baby Lotion
This children’s lotion is available in a pack of two. It is gentle on the skin and contains no fragrance. It is ideal for rashes caused by diapers, irritated skin, and dry skin. The product comprises 70% organic ingredients, including chamomile, calendula, and organic aloe, all known for their moisturizing properties. The skin will quickly absorb it without leaving any greasy feeling. It has a mild texture and can be used on the whole body and face. The essential oils will provide your child with the necessary moisture.
- Made only from premium-quality materials without harsh chemicals
- Vegan and plant-based ingredients used
- Free from sulfates and parabens
- Promotes healing and restores skin elasticity
- Has a strong floral fragrance
- Some users might get rashes
4. Best Lightweight: Attitude Natural Body Lotion For Kids
This kid’s body lotion has a pear and vanilla fragrance and is available in a liquid form, suitable for all skin types. It is hypoallergenic and comes in a 437ml pump dispenser bottle. The product is verified by EMG, and is known for its trustworthy ingredients. The lotion contains blueberry leaves, which are known for their soothing effect and protective properties. The lotion absorbs quickly into the skin, making it ideal for dry skin.
- Contains Moringa seed extract
- Has a lightweight formulation
- Approved by EWG
- Suitable for children with sensitive skin
- Has a sticky feel
5. Best Chemical-Free: Totlogic Kids And Baby Safe Natural Body Lotion
This kids’ body lotion is suitable for children with dry skin and can be used for babies as well. It is gentle, natural, and pure with a subtle and natural fragrance. The lotion can soften, protect, soothe, and nourish the skin. The formula is free of PEG, DES, phthalates, and parabens. This lotion uses a 236ml pump dispenser, which is hypoallergenic. The lotion contains sunflower oil, which is rich in antioxidants.
- Contains vitamin E that will nourish the skin
- Free from artificial fragrances and colors
- Vegan and soy- and dairy-free
- Contains essential oils that are good for the skin
- Has a greasy texture
- Might not absorb easily into the skin
6. Best For All Skin Types: Triswim Kids Scented Body Lotion
Triswim’s lotion is one of the best kid’s body lotions because it is suitable for all skin types. It is rich in pro-vitamin B5, vitamin E, and aloe vera, suitable for children’s sunburned skin and can reduce peeling caused by sunburn. In addition, it has a citrus grapefruit scent that kids will love. The formula does not contain gluten, parabens, and has not been tested on animals. It will heal the skin and soothe it by giving it a refreshing feeling all day long. It has been specifically formulated for swimmers with a unique formula to neutralize the odor caused by bromine, salt water, and chlorine.
- Penetrates easily into the skin
- Made from quality ingredients
- Can be used on a pool day
- Restores dry and itchy skin
- Can be used only after swimming
7. Best Gluten-Free: Luna Star Naturals Klee Kids Dazzling Body Lotion
This kids’ body lotion from Luna Star is rich in argan oil and honey and comes in a 276ml pump dispenser bottle. It has the scent of orange peel, lemongrass, and lavender essential oil, which have a soothing effect on children. The scent of lavender will ensure that the child sleeps peacefully at night. The lotion is organic and gluten-free. It has not been tested on animals. The product is made of high-quality and non-toxic materials that can be used safely.
- Free from sulfates, parabens, phthalates, silicone, and artificial colors
- Contains mango butter that nourishes the skin
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Leaves skin refreshed and nourished
- Some users may find the smell strong
- Might not have effective results
8. Best Hydrating: IlliCeramideAto Lotion
This lotion is one of the best lotions for kids with hydrating properties that would last up to 72 hours and is suitable for both the face and your child’s body. It is ideal for all skin types. The product will nourish the skin while gently soothing irritated skin. It has undergone dermatological testing and is manufactured solely in Korea. The lotion comes in a pump dispenser bottle of 350ml. It contains soybean ferment extract and lactobacillus, which nourish the child’s skin. The lotion absorbs quickly into the skin without leaving a sticky or greasy residue.
- Contains ceramide that goes deep into the skin for intense nourishment
- Has a patented ceramide skin complex
- Fragrance-free and has a nice consistency
- Does not contain any ceramic beads and has a light texture
- May come across as slightly expensive
9. Best For Sensitive Skin: Shoosha Store Organic Baby Lotion
Shoosha store’s lotion is one of the best lotions for kids with eczema. It is non-sticky, gluten-free, 100% biodegradable, and hypoallergenic. This kids’ lotion, scented with French lavender, contains herbal extracts, colloidal oatmeal, and botanicals that will calm and soothe the skin. The lotion is specially designed to hydrate dry skin areas and irritated skin while also healing it. TheseUSDA-certified organic ingredients quickly absorb into the skin. In addition, the product contains the ideal combination of oils and other extracts, ideal for your child’s sensitive skin.
- Contains calendula oil that will give an extra dose of nourishment
- Vitamin-packed formula
- Contains organic aloe, coconut, and oatmeal that are gentle on the skin
- Effective against skin redness
- Effect of the lotion might not stay for long
- Some users might experience rashes after use
10. Best Skin Nourishment: Little Green Nourishing Body Lotion
Little Green’s multi-purpose body lotion contains aloe, avocado oil, and shea butter, making it one of the best lotions for kids with dry skin. It comes in a 180ml tube and is gentle for children’s skin. This lotion has a non-greasy, lightweight formula that is naturally derived. The product is light, fresh, and has a fruity scent that children will love. The product is hypoallergenic and has undergone clinical and microbial testing.
- Free from gluten, parabens, and sulfates
- Contains only natural fragrances
- Contains natural, synthetic, and organic ingredients
- Has passed preservative efficacy testing
- Has a strong smell which many users might not like
11. Best Hypoallergenic: Evereden Kids Body Lotion
Evereden’s kids’ body lotion is appropriate for all skin types and skin tones. It has a refreshing peach scent. It contains a blend of essential amino acids, pre and probiotics, vitamins to strengthen and protect the skin. This non-toxic and plant-based lotion for kids contains antioxidant protection and acts as a barrier to prevent moisture loss. The product comes in a pump dispenser bottle of 200ml.
- Contains a blend of fragrances of peach, violet, Darjeeling tea, and anis
- Contains grape seed and sunflower oil
- Certified according to the highest standards
- Some users might not like the smell
How To Choose The Right Body Lotion For Kids?
Consider the following factors when choosing the best body lotion for kids.
- Formula: You can choose from cream, ointment, oil, or lotion based on your preferences. Ensure that the formula is light and does not stay on the skin.
- Skin condition: You can choose the lotion for your child’s specific skin conditions, such as eczema. Determine the purpose of use before selecting the product.
- Fragrances: Choosing a lotion with a soothing scent, such as lavender, can calm the child, especially before bedtime. If the child has sensitive skin or is sensitive to fragrances, choose a fragrance-free lotion.
- Ingredients: Look for a formula that contains natural ingredients, is suitable for sensitive skin, and has a light scent. Ensure that the product is free from harsh chemicals.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have enlisted the best body lotions for kids, considering different skin types and requirements. These body lotions are used and recommended by many parents and have thus received numerous positive user reviews. We have carefully studied the product ingredients and their effectiveness to ensure your child’s safety. In addition, we have included the pros and cons of each product to help you choose the right one for your child.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Should I put lotion on kids?
It is essential to keep your little one’s skin hydrated. You can use a gentle lotion on children as it will protect their delicate skin from dryness and irritation (1).
2. Can I use adult lotion on kids?
Adult lotions may be harsh on the toddler’s skin. They may contain chemicals or allergens that are not suitable for their delicate skin. So, it is recommended to use lotions specially designed for children (2).
3. What is the difference between regular and baby lotions?
A regular lotion is designed to keep you hydrated and is unsuitable for a baby’s delicate skin. In contrast, a baby lotion is mild for your skin and ideal for the baby’s skin. They are free of nasty chemicals.
4. What helps kids dry their skin?
Applying lotions with great hydration value twice a day can prevent dry skin. However, if dry skin is a serious concern, talk to a healthcare professional to determine the cause.
5. Do kids need lotion after bathing?
The skin becomes dry after bathing, but pores stay open. So, during this time, if you apply lotion to the skin, it penetrates the skin and keeps you moisturized for long hours.
Your little one has sensitive skin, and such skin needs a lot of TLC. Sometimes even the strong fragrance used in the body lotions might irritate their skin. So the list of the best body lotions for kids mentioned above includes lotions that are free from nasty chemicals, vegan, and keep the skin nourished, hydrated, and supple. Consider a lightweight body lotion as it absorbs into the skin faster. And steer clear of the lotions that contain ingredients unsuitable for your child’s skin.
Infographic: Types Of Body Lotion For Children
Applying body lotion on your child’s skin after a shower will keep their skin moisturized and protect them from the cold weather. As children have different skin types and are naturally delicate, moisturizers are available in various formulations to suit their needs. Browse the infographic below to learn more about moisturizers and textures to find a suitable one.