Most of you are familiar with infant car seats that help keep your baby safe and secure during car rides. A booster seat is essentially the same but it is not limited to your car. A booster seat can be carried with you anywhere, right from restaurants to parks, and parties to other events. It is a small chair that is designed to be placed on another adult chair so your infant can be a part of your family time and feel included.
In this article, MomJunction brings to you our curated list of 17 best booster seats that encourage your child to be a part of the family while keeping them comfortable and safe.
Top Products From Our List
17 Best Booster Seats For Eating
Convenient, comfortable, and best suited for eating on-the-go or at home, the Summer Infant Deluxe Comfort Folding Booster Seat is your go-to solution for your kid’s eating habits. It comes with a restraint system to secure your child safely to the chair.
- Two-in-one feature of eating tray and infant booster seat
- Height adjustability on two levels for your infant
- Removable, machine-washable seat pad
- Ultra-compact folding design for easy storage and portability
With three height adjustments, the Fisher-Price Healthy Care Booster Seat lets you custom your baby’s seat to a table as you need. It also has a removable seat and tummy adjustment feature which makes it easy to adjust the seat as your baby grows.
- The feeding tray is dishwasher-friendly
- The booster seat comes with a built-in cup holder
- Seats are easy to clean without crevices
- Straps easily to secure your baby
You do not have to worry about where your baby sits, eats, and plays if you have the hiccapop Omniboost Travel Booster Seat. Whether it is a fun day at the park or a relaxed day in grandma’s house, booster seats like these are like a personal dining table for your baby.
- Lightweight and easily foldable
- The rear pocket can hold bibs, baby spoons, sanitary items
- Effortless to clean when your baby makes a mess
- Harness your baby with strong buckles that are easy to handle
Perfect for your baby to dine with you, the Kaboost Booster Chair goes under your baby’s chair to give them access to the table by increasing their height. This unique sturdy design is created to maintain chair stability and comes with adjustable springs.
- Easy to use, snaps-on chair in seconds
- Rubberized feet for more grip and scratch-free floors
- Compact and lightweight design
- Easily portable, perfect for travel
- Two height positions for convenience
Make mealtimes more fun and memorable for your baby with the Ingenuity Smart Clean Booster Seat. The compact booster seat has a built-in handle design and is just what your baby needs to be a part of your dinner table every day.
- 3-point harness system to keep your toddler safe and secure
- Machine washable harness and straps
- Removable insert foam for easy cleaning
Featured with a convenient carry strap and compact foldability, the Chicco Pocket Snack Booster Seat is designed to suit dining chairs. It includes two straps and rubberized feet securing features to ensure your baby’s comfort.
- Quick set up, easy and foldable
- Metal legs adjustable to three heights
- Includes a removable tray to three positions
- 3-point harness straps
- Anti-slip feet grip
With a comfortable suspending seat area, the Prince Lionheart Squish Booster Seat is unique in its design. It is waterproof, easy to clean, and comes with a three-point harness to keep your baby safe and secure.
- Lightweight and easy to travel with
- Slip and scratch-resistant to protect furniture
- Includes a dual strap system
- Suitable for young toddlers (18+ months)
Made with durable materials that are easy to clean, the Munchkin Brica Travel Booster Seat folds neatly and comes with a convenient carrying strap. It is ultra-portable and great to travel with so that your baby can feel comfortable and included.
- The seat includes storage for bottles, diapers, and other baby essentials
- Made with Xtra-grip traction pads for increased stability
- Designed to support a strong internal frame
With a unique swiveling technology that makes your toddler’s booster seat rotate, the Graco Swivi Seat 3-in-1 Booster High Chair positions your baby perfectly for mealtimes with the family. It is one of the only chairs with a reclining design to increase your baby’s comfort.
- Includes a recline option for your baby’s early feeding experience
- Immense body and head support assures great comfort
- Secures your baby an early seat at the table with the rest of the family
- Cushion support can be removed as your baby grows up
Soft, compact, and textured with comfort, the Prince Lionheart Soft Booster Seat gets its job done while looking and feeling great. It contains a textured seat to prevent your baby from slipping or sliding.
- Non-slip base and lightweight
- Easy to clean and contains soft foam base
- Waterproof and portable
Have you heard of a booster seat that grows with your baby? Here’s one for you! The Ski Hop Zoo 3-Stage Booster Seat includes adjustable chair straps and non-skid feet to provide stability and comfort.
- Comfortable cushioned seats
- Easy to clean
- Portable and lightweight
- Removable 3-point harness
- Comes in a very cute honey bee design
Innovative design and compact fold for storage, the Summer Infant Folding Booster Seat gives parents an easy and versatile feeding experience. Your baby does not have to miss out on family time during meals and can always feel included.
- 3-point restraint system to secure your baby to the chair
- Easy to carry handle
- There is a foldable tray under the seat for storage
- Removable dishwasher-safe tray
With easily adjustable straps that can be removed as your baby grows, the OXO Tot Perch Booster Seat is soft, comfortable, and cushion laded. It comes with a triple harness system that helps secure your tot in place and ensures safety.
- Removable straps that can be stored underneath the seat
- Made with a stain-resistant cushion that is easy to clean
- Features non-skid feet to keep baby secure in one place
- Free of BPA, PVC, and phthalates
Comfort comes first when you choose the Bumbo Toddler Booster Seat. It fits perfectly on a regular-sized chair to raise your baby to the required height so they can join you at the table. The lightweight material is easy to wipe clean and is very travel-friendly.
- Includes adjustable straps that attach to any four-legged chair
- Has a 3-point harness system to comfortably secure your child
- The lightweight material is convenient for portability
Ideal for using it on a chair or on the floor, the Upseat Booster Chair comes with a tray that also converts into a booster seat to conveniently feed your baby. It is designed and developed to engage your baby’s muscles and encourages a proper posture.
- Developed to position healthy hips
- Seat rotates baby’s pelvis to build muscles
- Ample room for chubby legs
- Encourages natural hip development
Fun, cute and pink, this booster seat is a portable high chair for your baby girl. It is designed to be travel friendly and makes it easy to include your baby in your everyday dinner time at the table. It is also very easy to clean by just wiping it out with a wet cloth.
- High quality compressed foam cushion
- Convenient and easy to carry
- Follows US/EU safety regulations for babies
- Includes adjustable straps and buckles
Don’t leave your baby out from your everyday family mealtime and get one of these booster seats today. The BenBat Baby Booster Seat is quick and easy to assemble and travel-friendly. It is designed to feature a padded high back seat to provide your baby with the utmost comfort.
- 3-in-1 lightweight booster seat
- Folds up into a travel bag
- Booster seat doubles as a storage bag
- Contains a sturdy outer shell to keep stored items safe
Types Of Booster Seats
Whether you’re taking your kids in your car or they are with you at a restaurant, it is important to know that they are safe, comfortable, and secure at all times. A booster seat ensures that your kid is safe and included at the same time. There are two types of booster seats:
- High-back booster seats
They are considered as the safest booster seats for children because they provide the support and padding needed for your baby’s safety and comfort. High-back booster seats have adjustable harnesses to fit over your child’s shoulder similar to that of car seats.
- Backless Kid Booster Seat
They have heightened seats that only have a seat component but do not have back support. The safety harness is usually over the seat that secures the child’s legs in place or they have belt guides that tell you how to position the belt over your child’s body. They are cheaper than high-back booster seats.
[ Read : Babyhug Raise Me Up Baby Booster Seat Review ]
When Is The Right Time To Buy A Booster Seat?
Booster seats are car seats that are not limited to the confines of a car. They can be used at dining tables, restaurants, parks and other such places to make you kif feel included. The ideal age for a booster seat is for kids between the age of 4 to 8 years.
[ Read : 1st Step High Chair ]
Booster Seat Safety Tips
You have the right booster seat for your child. Now, it’s your turn to know how to use them properly for the safety of your baby. Let’s look at a few safety tips to keep in mind while using a booster seat:
- Make sure your kid stays in the booster seat and does not try to get out
- You kid must be strapped on with the booster seat harness system
- The seat belt should lie over your baby’s body to keep them secure
- Do not place the shoulder belt behind the child’s back or under the child’s arm
- Check your baby’s height and weight before placing them in a booster seat
Factors To Consider Before Buying A Booster Seat
Since a booster seat is meant to keep your baby safe, it can be an overwhelming task to choose the right one. So, here are a few factors that you can consider before deciding which booster seat is suitable for your child:
- Safety: The safest booster seats provide your child with side impact protection. They are lined with energy-absorbing foam impact cushions on both sides and include extra headrest and torso protection. Always make sure to choose booster seats that are approved by the federal safety standards.
- Comfort: Kids should love their booster seats and feel comfortable in them. They will be spending a lot more time in their seats if it’s ultra-soft and comfortable for them. The seat, back support, and leg rest are all elements that contribute to the comfort of a booster seat.
- Adjustability: Kids are constantly growing which is why it is important to choose booster seats that can be adjusted according to their height.
- Height and Weight: This is one of the most important factors to consider when choosing a booster seat. Every seat has a certain height and weight capacity so ensure your child is within the limit.
- Convertibility: Most booster seats can be made into backless booster seats or car seats as the kids grow up. Buying one that can be converted ensures that parents do not need to buy a car seat often but can use the same one even when the child’s needs change.
- Easy to clean: This one is a no brainer. A booster seat that is easy to clean is convenient and durable. Cleaning should not be a tedious task so opt for the ones that require minimal effort to clean.
Kids love to feel included with the rest of the family and booster seats are a great way to ensure that. Wouldn’t you want your kid to be comfortable, safe, and included in the family during everyday dining table experiences? Comment below and let us know which one of the booster seats from our list will be your child’s favorite.
- Best Toddler Step Stool
- Best Baby Food Storage Containers
- Best Diaper Caddies
- Best Bottle Drying Racks
- Syga Baby High Chair