For most of us, bowling is a recreational activity, a game that allows spending quality time with your friends, family, or alone. For others, bowling is a competitive sport. Using an ordinary bag is not advisable as a bowling ball and accessories are heavy and need a sturdy bag to carry them to the venue safely.
Bowling bags are specially made to carry the bowling balls and come in different styles to suit different players. This buying guide will take you through the types, a list of the best bowling bags, and factors to consider before buying one.
Types Of Bowling Bags
Bowling bags are available in different designs, sizes, and styles to make them suitable for bowlers of all stages. Whether for professional bowlers or beginners, they come in two basic types.
- Tote bowling bags: Tote-style bowling bags are ideal for beginners and recreational players who need to carry single or double bowling balls. These bags might come with added compartments to carry bowling accessories such as shoes and other essentials. They have handles to carry with your hands or a padded handle to carry on your shoulders.
- Roller or luggage bowling bags: Roller bags are ideal for professionals who needmultiplebowling balls and come with wheels so you can easily stroll them around. They have numerous compartments to store two or more bowling balls and accessories.
Top Products From Our List
13 Best Bowling Bags
Pyramid’s bowling bag has a separate compartment to carry two balls, with a padded divider. It has a shoe compartment on the top that can carry a pair of shoes up to US men’s size 16. The side compartment allows you to carry your towels, keys, phone, and other accessories you might need at the game. Durable and easy to carry, the bag s is made of 600-denier polyester material, and the wheels come with a metal axle.
- PCP molded plastic base for extra protection
- Vented shoe compartment
- Padded carry strap
- Three-inch wide rubber wheels for easy movement
- Roller handle may not lock in position
- May not be suitable for tough use
Suitable for a single bowling ball, this bag has enough space to carry all your bowling accessories. It has two vented compartments on each side to carry your shoes up to US men’s size 14 and all your bowling gear,including towels, socks, ball cleaner, and wrist support. The pocket on the front is convenient to carry your personal belongings. It is constructed from 600-denier polyester and jacquard weave fabric. The adjustable and removable shoulder straps, along with Velcro-closed padded tote handles, make the bag convenient to carry.
- Thick foam padded bottom
- Reinforced 3mm hard plastic bottom
- Durable metal hardware
- Compact design
- Strong built and durable material
- Might be difficult to remove the ball from the small opening
- Foam insert may not be deep enough to keep the ball in place
Made from 600-denier fabric, this bag from Brunswik can hold a single bowling ball. It is spacious enough to hold shoes up to US men’s size 14 and other accessories, including towels, phones, and keys. Available in multiple colors, it has a shoulder strap and handles to hold and carry the bag conveniently.
- Adjustable shoulder strap
- Can handle heavyweight
- Detachable foam ball holder
- No plastic footing or support at the bottom
- No separate compartment for shoes and accessories
Storm rascal bowling ball is a convenient way to transport your bowling gear with its large rolling wheels. The top handle makes it easy to carry with hands, and the multiple compartments allow you to carry all your bowling gear in one bag. It is made from400-denier polyvinyl fabric.
- Stylish design
- Dual-stage locking telescopic handle
- Easy-glide wheels
- Foam base for ball protection and support
- Stands upright
- Handle may not lock properly
Designed to hold two bowling balls, the bag comes with extra compartments for shoes and accessories. It is made of 600-denier polyester fabric that is strong enough to hold the bowling balls safely. The separate shoe compartment can hold shoes up to US men’s size 17. Its padded and Velcro-closed handles are sturdy and make carrying easy.
- Five-year limited warranty
- Multiple handles
- Three-inch rubber wheels for easy maneuver
- 5-inch retractable handle
- Sturdy and durable
- No straps to hold the balls in position
KazeSports bowling bag is made from durable 600-denier polyester and jacquard weave fabric. The nylon handles with Velcro help you carry the bag with ease. Its separate open front pocket comes in handy to store personal items. The removable polyurethane foam ball cup base offers extra protection to the ball.
- Separate vented shoe compartment
- Double zipper construction
- Adjustable shoulder straps with non-slip pad
- Spacious main ball compartment
- May be difficult to store shoes larger than size 10
- Shallow foam insert may not keep the ball in place
Suitable for holding two bowling balls, this 600-denier fabric bag has separate compartments divided for easy in and out. The bowling bag has a shoe compartment and a long accessories compartment to carry all your bowling gear in one bag. It has a carrying handle with Velcro wrap for easy grip and a handle on the side to help lift the bag.
- Sturdy construction
- Three-inch smooth wheels for easy movement
- Retractable locking handle
- Five-year warranty
- Bag may be small
- Retractable handle might not be long enough for tall people
Vise bowling bag can carry three bowling balls in one big compartment, divided for easy in and out. It comes with wheels and multiple handles to make your carrying job easy and comfortable. The side zipper pocket can hold your things, including your phone, socks, keys, and wallet. The durable fabric has reinforced stitching and heavy-duty zippers to make it long-lasting.
- Comfortable shoulder straps
- Space-saving slim design
- Strong and durable handles
- Attractive colors
- May be difficult to roll on rough paths
- No shoe compartment
Suitable for carrying two bowling balls, this bag has a shoe compartment on the top that is spacious enough for US men’s size 17. It has a side pocket for storing personal belongings. The bowling bag is made from 600-denier fabric and is available in four colors. Its carrying handles come with a Velcro wrap, and the retractable locking handle makes it easy to transport.
- Velcro straps hold the balls in place
- Three and a half-inch wheels for easy roll-on
- Five-year warranty
- Molded plastic cup inserts for balls
- Plastic footer for a stable upright position
- No handle on top for lifting
- Side pocket may be small
Himal tote bowling bag can hold a single bowling ball with enough space to carry all your bowling essentials. The separate shoe compartments on each side are ideal for carrying shoes, water bottles, towels, etc. It also has a front zipper pocket to store small items, such as keys, phones, and wallets. The bowling bag is made of 600-denier strong polyester fabric.
- Metal vented shoe compartment
- Detachable, adjustable, and padded shoulder strap
- Durable hardware
- Foam padding for ball protection and support
- Buffer design on the bottom for added protection
- Velcro close tote handles for easy grip
- Can carry two pairs of shoes on each side
- Shallow ball insert
- Bag may be bulky
You can pack all your bowling gear in this single ball tote bag from Papazau. There is a big side zipper pocket to store your shoes, water bottles, towels, ball cleaner, etc. The front pocket and the small top pocket come in handy to store small items for quick access. The Velcro-closed handles and the padded shoulder straps make the bag comfortable to carry. It is made of 900-denier waterproof fabric, making it durable.
- Vented shoe compartments on each side
- Easy-to-carry two pairs of shoes up to US men’s size 14
- Rubber feet at the bottom protects the ball
- Foam ball holder to cushion the ball
- Might be difficult to store shoes larger than size 12
Made from 600-denier nylon fabric, Moxy double roller bowling bag is strong and durable. The top handles with Velcro and the retractable locking handle make it easy to transport your double bowling balls. Its main compartment can hold two balls separated with a divider and contains a special shoe compartment that can store up to US men’s size 15. It has a side zipper pocket to store towels and other accessories for bowling time, and the small zipper on the top can hold small items, such as keys and phones.
- Spacious shoe compartment
- Velcro straps to hold the bowling balls
- Plastic footers to keep the bag in the standing position and to protect the ball
- Five-year warranty
- Four-inch wide wheels
- Non-ventilated shoe compartment
- No top handle
- Might be difficult to lock the handle after few uses
The roller bag has a retractable locking handle that can extend up to 39 inches, and the handles on the top haveVelcro close to help lift the bag. It has a separate shoe compartment, a front zipper pocket, and a side slip-on mesh pocket to store all your bowling gear and personal items. The bag is made from 600-denier fabric, and the main compartment has a foam bottom to protect the ball.
- Spyder wheels for easy rolling
- Spacious main compartment
- Five-year warranty
- Stylish design in attractive colors
- Non-ventilated shoe compartment
How To ChooseThe Right Bowling Bag?
Here are few factors to consider in a bowling bag to make the right choice.
- Carrying capacity: Single ball, double ball, triple ball, four-ball, and six-ball bags are available. Choose one accordingly.
- Type: For single balls, a tote bag is ideal. If you don’t want to carry the weight on your shoulders and want spacious bags, roller style bags for a single ball are also suitable. For double balls and more, the roller-type bowling bags are suitable as they are easy to transport.
- Extra space and pockets: Choose bags with extra pockets to carry all your bowling gear, especially your shoes.
- Material: The fabric quality and the hardware should be durable to carry heavy bowling balls. It is not safe to carry them in flimsy bags as it might cause an accident or damage the bowling ball. Look for a sturdy bag with a plastic base or a foam base to keep your ball safe and secure.
- Special features: Look for special features, such as Velcro straps and ball inserts that will help keep the ball in place, shoe vents to keep your shoes airy and fresh, locking handles, wide wheels, multiple handles, padded shoulder straps, etc. for your convenience.
A perfect bowling bag makes it easy to transport your bowling gear. It should also be convenient for you to access at the bowling center. We hope that this article helps you find a suitable product from the best bowling bags to make your game more enjoyable.