Your love for bowling will increase if you own a pair of the best bowling shoes for women. Made of leather and rubber, they are designed to enable friction-free smooth movement for the player. They even let your feet slide properly to avoid any strain or injuries arising out of friction. These even allow good movement while carrying heavy bowling balls. So if you are wondering whether bowling shoes for men are separate from those of women, yes, since women’s feet are narrower than men’s. So before you go and hit the bowling track again, do not forget to get your hands on the most comfortable pair of bowling shoes. For further guidance, keep reading our post and pick the best.
Our Top Picks
14 Best Bowling Shoes For Women
1. Best For Sliding: Brunswick Women’s Karma Bowling Shoes
Designed with comfort and style in mind, these bowling shoes have performance upper mesh material, foam-padded collar, and tongue that offers better flexibility. It has a slip-on, adjustable lace design that makes it easy to wear and take them off. Rubber outsoles make the shoe lightweight, and this helps in playing game after game without your legs feeling exhausted. The microfiber slide soles enable quick sliding on the track.
- True to size
- Suitable with any outfit
- One year warranty available
- Available in two colors and sizes six to 11
- Some may find the cushioning a bit excessive
- May run a bit narrow
These leather bowling shoes have a performance upper mesh, lightweight rubber insole for added comfort and flexibility. It has a foam-padded collar and tongue. It has pure slide microfiber soles on both soles that paves the way for a superior slide immediately. It has a lace that can be adjusted according to your comfort. It gives a better grip, and you can enjoy your game without any worry.
3. Best For Flexibility: SaVi Women’s Classic Bowling Shoes
These shoes are suitable for both right or left-handed bowlers and come with slide soles that are open on both sides. Designed with comfort in mind, the shoes are made of super-light breathable material. They come with a 2-year warranty as well. The rubber insoles are 40% lighter when compared to other shoes in the market, making them one of the best bowling shoes for women.
- Has an athletic performance knit
- Easy to slip on
- Differently abled-friendly
- Available in two colors and sizes six to ten
- Backed by two years guarantee
- May require frequent scuffing
- May not suit high-arched feet
4. Best Modern-Looking: BSI Women’s Classic Bowling Shoe
These bowling shoes offer a modern look combined with a classic design. They have a sports leather upper and padded foam. The sole is stitched and glued for better durability. It has an interchangeable sole and lightweight EVA midsole. The logo is beautifully embossed on the sides of the shoes to enhance the classic look. The shoe size runs one size bigger than your regular shoes.
- Comes with padded tongue
- Suitable for beginners
- Unisex design
- May create suction while walking
- May not offer adequate arch support
5. Best For Wide Feet: Dexter Women’s Kristen Bowling Shoes
This lace-up pattern pair of bowling shoes look trendy, sporty, almost suede-like. Made of durable Nubuck PU, the shoes come with a fabric lining and padded collar. When worn, these bowling shoes provide good comfort because of the breathable side vents, removable EVA footbeds, and S8 microfiber slide soles. It also has a non-marking rubber outsole and a defined heel design.
- Suitable for wide feet
- Come with slides for both feet
- Lightweight outsole
- Available in different colors
- Foot bed may not be as comfortable
- Sliding surface may wear off over time
6. Best Lightweight: KR Strikeforce Women’s Opal Bowling Shoes
Sporting a Komfor-Fit™ construction, these bowling shoes have a new hybrid K2 Kool Komfort Mesh. It has a microfiber upper for lightweight support and added breathability. With a padded collar and tongue, it has a new non-marking flat rubber outsole. It also features a FlexSlide Technology™ microfiber slide pad on both shoes.
- Has a fully textile-lined exterior
- Equipped with universal slide soles
- Available in vibrant color combinations
- Suitable for beginners
- Available in sizes six to 11
- May not be suitable for wide feet
7. Best Arch Support: Dexter Women’s Vicky Bowling Shoes
These stylish bowling shoes have a bold colored V marked on the sides that give it a cool, retro look. It has universal microfiber S8 soles, soft manmade upper, U-throat upper pattern, fabric-lined tongue and collar. It also comes with non-marking rubber outsoles, along with a defined horseshoe heel, and a soft, supportive footbed with fabric surface. The shoes are available in a vibrant combination of silver, gray, and purple color.
- Offers a firm arch support
- True to size
- 100% synthetic
- Has sufficient cushioning
- Comes with a non-slip build
- May run narrow for some
- May not slide adequately
8. Best Snug Fit: Brunswick Aura Ladies Bowling Shoes
These bowling shoes have an athletic style, with a breathable mesh upper and foam-padded collar, tongue. The lightweight rubber outsole, with a unique pattern featuring the letter ‘A,’ adds comfort. The pure slide microfiber soles give you a superior slide immediately. Available in three colors, these shoes are very good-looking and are comfortable enough to let you perform better in the alley.
- Features a textile and synthetic finish
- True to size
- Different hole options for shoe laces
- Removable footbed
- Arch support may be not be adequate for wide feet
- Outer material may tear if used regularly
9. Best Footbed: Hammer Womens Vixen Performance Bowling Shoes
The first pair of high-performance bowling shoes from this brand is Vixen. It is designed to enhance your bowling performance as well as provide great comfort. It has a H-Bar heel locking system, along with a durable microfiber upper CMEVA outsole. Ortholite footbed gives maximum breathability, and its STA-DRY open mesh tongue and padded collar absorb sweat. It has an H-Bar heel locking system, interchangeable soles, and heel on the left shoe only to boost your performance.
- 100% synthetic and durable
- Biomechanically engineered for comfort
- Comes with cushioning for smooth play
- Suitable for professional and casual bowlers
- May not be suitable for left-handers
10. Best Heavy-Duty Stitching: Pyramid Women’s Path Sport Bowling Shoes
These shoes offer the best of quality, performance, and style. They suit bowlers of any skill level and can be used by both right and left-handed bowlers. Packed in an eco-friendly shoe bag, the pair of shoes have metal eyelets, heavy-duty stitching, padded tongue and collar, and arch support. The microfiber slide soles offer consistent sliding and quick break-in, making it one of the best bowling shoes for women.
- Lace-up closure
- Athletic and comfortable upper design
- Comes with a rubber heel for comfortable play
- Comes with two-year warranty
- Might not be as flexible
- Some may find the shoes a bit heavy
11. Best Durable: KR Strikeforce Kross Women’s Bowling Shoe Black Purple
With a soft, durable upper, these bowling shoes have a fully textile-lined padded collar and tongue. They come with raised heels along with a non-marking rubber outsole. It boasts of Komfort fit construction and has K2 Kool Komfort Mesh for providing breathability and added comfort. It has a No. 8 Microfiber slide pad with FlexSlide technology. The shoe is available in a vibrant black and purple combination.
- Made for long bowling sessions
- Added support for feet and ankles
- Suitable for bowling leagues
- Apt for wide feet
- May not slide effectively
12. Best Additional Support: Pyramid Women’s Path Lite Seamless Mesh Bowling Shoes
These seamless athletic shoes promise to provide the ultimate performance, comfort, and quality. With universal slide soles, these shoes can be worn by both right and left-handed bowlers. They come with a removable comfort footbed that adds extra support to the player’s feet. The shoes also have microfiber sliding soles along with raised rubber construction heels. It comes in a variety of colors to add that style to your bowling shoes.
- Raised rubber heal prevents sliding after bowling
- Soft and lightweight design
- Has a breathable knitted upper
- Aids in a short break-in time
- Comes with two-year warranty
- May not suit wide feet
- May only offer short slide
13. Best Alignment: Dexter Women’s Bowling Shoes: THE NINE
Made of toehold hyperflex engineering, these shoes have highly abrasion-resistant toe material. You can now avoid peel-back and prolong the time of wear. The toe-hold clip secures the shoe by locking onto the bowling track, providing better grip and comfort. It has dual hinges to ensure proper alignment. The patented interchangeable soles make them the perfect pair of shoes to add to your collection and go bowling. It has soft-grain leather upper.
- Has a soft full grain leather upper
- Strobel construction for added flexibility
- Molded midsole with raised shank and heel aids in better play
- Notched thumb grip for easy interchangeability of heels
- Might run big for some
14. Best Slip-On: KR Strikeforce Women’s Bowling Shoes
The pair of KR Strikeforce women’s bowling shoes is designed with Flex slide technology. It comes with a canvas upper for easy maintenance, and the elastic lace model offers a casual look and provides excellent comfort. These shoes also feature microfiber side soles and a CMEVA outsole.
- 40% lighter than other rubber outsoles
- Suitable for both left and right-handers
- Easy-to-maintain canvas
- Slip-on build makes it easy to wear
- May not be as flexible
- Shoes may run narrow
How Should Bowling Shoes Fit?
The fit of the bowling shoes should be similar to that of your regular shoes. To check if your bowling shoes fit well, see if the width is not too tight or too loose. It should be approximately half of your thumb width when measured at the end of your toes.
How To Choose The Right Bowling Shoes For Women?
Men’s shoes are wider when compared to women’s bowling shoes. The first thing to keep in mind is that women’s shoes have a narrower fit. Having the perfect pair of bowling shoes can help you perform better on the track and give you great comfort if you have to wear them for an entire day. Shoes that do not fit perfectly can cause discomfort, pain, or worse, you may slip and get injured seriously.
Ensure to also check for good gripped soles, interchangeable soles for quick slide, good quality mesh upper, which adds breathability, and a stylish finish to help you look better. Having a pair of bowling shoes can definitely help you up your game and emerge as a winner.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best bowling shoes for women by going through numerous user reviews to help you play comfortably. We have included various types of bowling shoes and mentioned their features, such as durability, smooth foam, breathable side vents, and designs. We have also explained the correct fit for bowling shoes and how to choose the right one. These shoes are chosen based on user feedback posted on various e-commerce websites.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are bowling shoes necessary when you go bowling?
It is mandatory to use bowling shoes, rented or your own when you’re playing at a bowling alley. This is usually to avoid dirt, dust, etc. from being deposited on the bowling track, as well as to allow you to move smoothly on the track without damaging it.
2. How can I get my bowling shoes to slide better?
Bowling shoes can be slippery. Wearing bowling shoes that slide helps you to move and slide on the polished surface of the bowling track. You can choose the ones that have interchangeable soles, and a microfiber slide sole that helps in sliding quickly. Choose rubber outsoles, non-marking kind of bowling shoes to slide better.
3. Can you turn regular shoes into bowling shoes?
One of the main differences between regular shoes and bowling shoes is the sole. Bowling shoes have non-marking, microfiber slide outsoles. This helps in sliding better and easily while you are bowling. Regular shoes can have rough soles or slippery soles that prevent you from playing the game well.
Whether you are a professional bowler or someone who plays bowling for recreation, owning a pair of bowling shoes is essential for several reasons. Bowling shoes come with a specific sole that doesn’t have a heel, providing better grip and minimizing injuries. So pick shoes that grip your feet snuggly, facilitating easy foot movement, which enhances your performance. The list above shares the best bowling shoes for women in different styles and designs. Go through each product’s description and shortlist your favorite pair of comfortable, breathable, stylish, and lasting shoes.
- Best White Sneakers For Women
- Best Shoes For Swing Dancing
- Best Slip-On Shoes For Women
- Best Running Shoes For Kids