A box grater is an essential kitchen appliance with different grating surfaces for grating various foods. It is easy to store,compact, and easy to clean. The multi functional kitchen utensil is convenient to use as the shreds are held inside the box,preventing a mess on the kitchen counters.
Using a box grater, you can easily slice raw vegetables, fruits, spices, chocolates, and even cheese. Here, we have curated a list of the best box graters to help you invest wisely in this fantastic kitchen tool.
15 Best Box Graters
The stainless-steel box grater is one of the best choices for slices, grates, and zests. It is easy to clean and is also dishwasher-safe. The grater also comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Comfortable handle for easy gripping
- Multiple functions in one
- Rubber bottom to prevent sliding
- High-quality stainless steel
Cuisinart four-sided box grater comes with a soft handle for a comfortable grip and good control. The handle is big enough to accommodate even if you have larger hands. It is dishwasher-safe.
- Made with durable stainless steel
- Non-slip base
- Versatile use
- High-precision stainless steel blades
OXO four-in-one box grater series is perfect for ensuring mess-free grating. The transparent plastic container at the bottom catches the grated bits to make the process manageable. It is also marked with metrics to quantify your ingredients,reducing the need for a weighing scale.
- High-precision blades
- Slip-resistant bottom
- Easy to store
- Comfortable and secured gripping handle
The KitchenAid Gourmet Grater is made of high quality and rust-resistant stainless steel material. It comes with a three-cup container to hold the grated and shredded bits ensuring a clean worktop. The grater is dishwasher-safe.
- High-precision blades for uniform grating and shredding
- Well-labeled capacity markings on the container
- Non-skid base
Microplane offers a four-sided box grater with three grating blade surfaces and one slicing blade. The ultra-sharp, photo-etched blades are made in the USA. The grater comes with a reusable cover for easy and safe storage.
- Easy-grip handle
- Rust-resistant blades
- Easy-to-clean detachable blade panels
The Cuisipro box grater uses surface glide technology for advanced cutting and gliding. It has a grooved-pattern surface that gives a uniform and effortless grating experience. The ginger grater base is a plus that shreds fresh root while leaving the residue behind.
- Razor-sharp blades
- Non-slip rubber base and handle
- Removable base
- Protective cover doubles as a measuring tool
Rachel Ray Box Grater is super strong, versatile, and durable. It is made of heavy-gauge and high-quality stainless steel. The ultra-sharp blades facilitate effortless cutting, and the two-way slicer and julienne blades save time. The grater comes with a protective sleeve for safe storage.
- Contoured top handle
- Four-cup ingredient bucket
- No-slip stable bottom
The pyramid-shaped box grater combines four types of blades for grating various foods from cheese and spices to zesting citrus fruits. The grater base is perfect for storing various grated food and comes with a lid. The blade section can be flipped and kept inside the container for safe storage.
- Non-slip handle and feet
- Compact and portable
- Includes storage container base with lid
The Sabatier Grater uses a patented West Blade technology to give a revolutionary zesting and grating experience. Its bi-directional blade saves time and effort during meal preps. The ergonomic handle provides a comfortable and easy hold.
- Made with high-quality stainless-steel
- Non-slip base
- Easy to clean
The six-sided box grater is a multi functional kitchen essential at par with professional-level graters. It offers a lifetime after-sale service and a 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee. The ergonomic design is impressive as its arch offers improved safety and no risk of grating your knuckles.
- Sturdy and premium build
- Non-stick coating surface
- Non-slip base keeps grater in place
The professional level box grater makes food preparation easier. Its blades are made of 430 Grade Stainless Steel and are sharp enough to cut through any food type. The curved design is easy to clean and is also dishwasher-safe.
- Non-slip removable rubber base
- Wide ergonomic handle for a comfortable and controlled grip
- Unique design reduces accidental scratching of knuckles.
- Robust and durable build
12. Nopro Box Grater
The Nopro Box Grater is a perfect addition to any kitchen and has a multitude of uses. It includes blades for coarse, medium, and fine shreds and also for slices. It is ideal for grating or slicing through hard cheese or root vegetables, and it also works as a zester.
- Sturdy and durable
- Made of rust-resistant stainless steel
- Versatile box grater
- Requires minimal effort
The Utopia Kitchen Box Grater is one of the best multipurpose box graters. It is a six-in-one grater that not only grates coarse, fine, or superfine cheese or vegetables but can also be used for slicing, shredding, and zesting. It is made of food-grade 430 stainless steel material for added safety.
- Comfortable rubber handle for easy gripping
- Non-slip rubber bottom
- Highly efficient and easy to clean
The Mcomce box grater is made from food grade 430 stainless steel material. The blade is durable, rust-resistant, and does not deform. The multi functional kitchen tool with four types of blades provides customized thickness for cutting and shredding.
- Non-slip base for stability
- Soft and comfortable rubber handle
- Easy to clean and dishwasher-safe
- Operation is simple, convenient, and fast
The four-sided box grater by Mercer Culinary brand is made of heavy-duty 18-8 stainless steel material. The blades are resistant to corrosion and rust. They are versatile in size and use, and the unit comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Rubberized handle for a firm grip
- Razor-sharp cutting blades
- Suitable for grating and shredding any food
- Reinforced base for greater durability
How To Choose The Right Box Grater?
Here are some factors to keep in mind while buying a box grater.
- User experience: Determine who will be using the grater in the kitchen. Choose from a basic version to a professional one based on your requirement.
- Durability: As the box grater is a multi functional household utensil, it is likely to be bent out of shape with repeated use. Look for a strong and durable build that can handle falls and regular use.
- Easy to clean: Cleaning a box grater can be messy and complicated. Some box graters are coated with non-stick coating and can be cleaned with just plain dish soap. Consider buying a dishwasher-safe grater.
- Material: A box grater with thicker walls is likely to be sturdier and less likely to bend under pressure.
- Grating and shredding holes: Deeper holes give uniform shreds and slices. You will need large holes for grating hard vegetables such as carrots and small, fine holes for lemon zest.
- Handle design: The handle design defines the comfort levels while grating and shredding. Choose graters with a soft but comfortable grip for better control. A good knuckle space is an added advantage.
- Safety: Choose a grater with an anti-skid or anti-slip base to prevent the grater from sliding across your countertop. It also reduces the risk of accidentally harming your knuckles and fingers.
- Warranty: Ensure the time and other terms and conditions that are covered under the lifetime warranty.
- Extra features: Some box graters come with a container or a plastic bowl at the bottom to collect the shredded bits and keep the counter mess-free.
A box grater is an essential tool for every kitchen. It helps reduce the meal prep time even when you are cooking something elaborate. The box graters in our list pose great features for your cooking needs and help you buy the best one.