If you are experiencing back, shoulder, and neck problems, you should know that heavy physical activity and improper postures could be the reasons. Our posture, the way we walk, sit and sleep, can have a big impact on our back and upper body and can be the reason behind such aches and pains. The best bras for shoulder pain are specially designed to keep you comfortable all day. In addition, they are designed to hold your shoulder in the best possible posture to relieve you of the pain in the long run. The following post talks about these bras and helps you choose from them.
10 Best Bras For Shoulder Pain
1. Best Plus Size: Wirarpa Wireless Minimizer Bra
Wirarpa wireless minimizer bra features wide cotton-cushioned shoulder straps to relieve pressure from your shoulders and provide constant comfort all day long. This minimizer bra for shoulder pain has fuller cups to provide maximum coverage and reduce spillage, and the non-padded design makes it breathable and suitable for plus-size women. In addition, the bra’s broad and sturdy hook-and-eye closure offers additional support, and the high-raised sides reduce side spillage and eliminate the quad-boob look.
- Non-slip and anti-dig shoulder straps
- Anti-pinching side design
- Side ring design to enhance the shape
- Soft and stretchable fabric
- Soft cup bra for shoulder pain
- May have a peculiar smell when new
- May not be true to size
Vanity Fair’s smoothing bra comes with hook-and-eye closure, and the banded frame provides optimal support. Its four-way stretch fabric helps prevent bumps and bulges. The adjustable straps and wire-free design ensure comfort and provide a perfect fit and good shape. The lightly lined cups offer modesty and an elegant look to the outfit. This full-figure bra is made of durable nylon and spandex. This video will provide you with added insights about the adjustable strap bra for shoulder pain.
- Offers full coverage
- Smooth seam-free cups
- Signature plush line
- Machine washable
- May not be able to criss-cross the straps
- May run a bit small
The bra has a classic lining and clasp closure. It minimizes the size and provides extra lift for a slim and smooth look under the clothes. The two-ply cups with removable foam inserts provide shape, and the cushion-tipped underwire helps alleviate the shoulder stress. Its comfortable U design and stay-in-place wide straps ensure back smoothing and relieve pain. The lightweight bra is made of spandex and moisture-wicking, stretchable fabric that keeps you cool and comfortable. Take a look at this video to know more about the product.
- Has a high-quality barrel clasp
- Adjustable narrow strap design
- Smooth backing
- Moisture-wicking bra for shoulder pain
- Provides good support
- Material may be slightly thicker than expected
4. Best Posture Improving: Glamorise MagicLift Front-Closure Posture Back Bra
Glamorise’s MagicLift bra has the patented MagicLift design, providing support and comfort to your back all day long. This bra features a cushioned band that helps shape, lift, and support your back and bust area. In addition, the bra has a crisscross design that pulls the shoulders back to improve overall posture. It also has wide cushioned straps and a front closure, making it suitable for different body types.
- Available in multiple sizes and colors
- Hook-and-eye closure
- Has a built-in bust band
- Might ride up
- Size may run large
5. Best Post-Surgical: Brabic Women Post-Surgical Sports Support Bra
Brabic’s support bra is designed for exercise, yoga, sleep, daily wear, and post-surgical support. The post-surgical bra for shoulder pain comes with three-row hooks in the front, making it easy to put on and remove. The sports bra for shoulder pain has a unique shoulder strap design that helps reduce the pressure and adjust the tightness to support the breasts better without causing discomfort. With a criss-cross back designed to improve posture and provide optimal lift, the bra prevents strong shocks and helps you heal. It has a narrow elastane and rubber band under the bust for ventilation and added comfort.
- Does not irritate the skin
- No-slip straps
- Semi-mold cup with no padding provides full coverage
- Available in various sizes
- Waistband may be slightly tight for some
- Hooks may be a little loose
6. Best With Wire-Free Cups: Deyllo Women’s Full Coverage Bra
The Deyllo full-coverage bra made of a blend of polyamide and elastane provides ultimate coverage and support for all body types. This unlined full coverage bra for shoulder pain is available in a variety of colors to choose from and features non-padded, wire-free cups for exceptional comfort. It conforms to the natural shape of your body to create a soft and seamless curve for a flattering fit. The plus-size minimizer bra is the right pick for women with larger busts. This wide strap bra for shoulder pain is designed to distribute the pressure on the shoulders thus ensuring comfort.
- Available in different sizes
- Fashionable floral patterns
- Wide and adjustable straps
- Cushioned shoulder straps
- Hook-and-eye closure
- Broad under-band
- Size might run large
Calvin Klein’s bra is lightly lined with smooth microfiber stretch, clean-cut edges, and a solid design. Its seamless finish with a V-neck and logo at the hem makes it stylish. The removable pads add proper lift and subtle lining for a natural shape. This bralette for shoulder pain is made of 77% nylon and 23% elastane with pull-on closure. The wire-free design and wide straps keep you comfortable and provide proper support.
- Has a seamless elastic waistband
- Tag-free design
- Available in other colors
- Machine washable
- May run small
Wacoal’s bra has supportive cups and a leotard back. The lily jacquard fabric adds extra comfort with two-ply fabric cups. This full-coverage underwire bra is made of 80% nylon and 20% spandex. The comfort straps with back adjustment provide support and help relieve pain. Its elastic band makes the movement easy, and the moisture-wicking capacity of the fabric keeps you cool and comfortable.The seamless bra for shoulder pain features hook-and-eye closure and the cups provide natural shaping.
- Hidden side sling for larger cup size
- Seamless finish
- Cups provide natural support
- Hand washable
- Straps may not be stretchable
- Band may be a bit narrow
9. Best With Front Closure: Fruit Of The Loom Racerback Sports Bra
Fruit Of The Loom’s sports bra featuring Beyondsoft premium cotton fabric is breathable and comfortable, making it ideal for everyday use. Its super-wide hook-and-eye front closure keeps the straps in place and provides adequate all-day support. Additionally, the front closure makes wearing and removing the bra quick and easy. The racerback bra for shoulder pain also has no side tags, ensuring a comfortable fit.
- Soft and thick shoulder straps
- Breathable fabric bra for shoulder pain
- Smoothened back design
- Might not enhance the shape
- Might run a size small
The bra compresses and supports the bust well, especially post-surgery. It is padded, has three-level adjustable straps, and provides good coverage and natural shape. The Leonisa bra is made of breathable fabrics, polyamide, and elastane that improve airflow and keep you cool while working out. The underbust band and the fabric cups give you support while working out with comfortable fitting. Its six-row adjustable front hook-and-eye closure makes it easy to wear. Leonisa’s wireless bra for shoulder pain is suitable for posture correction with criss-cross slim fabric bands, relieves back pressure, and provides all-day protection.
- Wide and soft straps
- Contoured cups
- Wireless design
- High-back design
- May be less suitable for saggy breasts
- May feel a bit uncomfortable around the arms for some
How To Choose The Right Bras For Shoulder Pain?
Consider the features below while buying a bra for shoulder pain.
- Size: Choose a bra of appropriate size for proper shape and fitting. It should have adjustable straps and closure for the right fit.
- Material: The bra should be made of soft and breathable material like cotton, ensuring comfort throughout the day. Stretchable fabrics which are sweat-absorbing and have proper support make it easy while working out and weight lifting.
- Comfort: Choose bras with padded cups and wire-free design for everyday wear. You can also choose criss-cross cushion straps that keep you comfortable while biking and weight lifting and relieve the pressure on the back.
Raluca Oita, a fashion designer and co-founder of Georgette’s Patterns, says, “It’s important to note that every person’s body is different, so it’s worth trying a few different styles from different brands to find the bra that works best for you.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Shoulder pain can occur due to mundane work and physical activity, and choosing the right bra can improve your posture. Thus, Poulami Nag, our in-house reviewer of clothing and fashion, has done extensive research to bring you this list of the best bras for shoulder pain. A good bra can help alleviate shoulder pain and reduce the pressure on the back and shoulder. She has also included a buying guide to help you choose the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do my shoulders hurt when I wear a bra?
It is probably due to the improper positioning of the bra strap. Wearing the wrong cup size can also be the reason for shoulder pain.
2. How do I stop my shoulder from hurting when wearing a bra?
Adjust the shoulder straps and do not over-tighten them assuming it helps in bra lifting, change bras every six months, and switch to the right style bra based on your breast shape and size.
3. Are sports bras good for shoulder pain?
Yes, sports bras are designed with broad shoulder straps and a band to provide good support. Moreover, they don’t compress muscles and nerves.
4. What can I wear instead of a bra?
Camisoles and tank tops could be good alternatives to bras as they provide good coverage and support to your breasts.
5. Why do I have dents in my shoulders from my bra?
Dents are common in women with large breasts. It is often caused by a bra with shortened straps and increased band size.
6. How tight should the bra shoulder straps be?
Shoulder straps should not be too tight or loose. It should fit perfectly without sliding off or digging your shoulders.
7. Is it better to sleep with a bra on or off?
Sleeping with or without a bra is a personal choice. It doesn’t cause any harm if you sleep either way. However, women with large breasts prefer wearing a bra as it keeps them comfortable at night.
If you thought finding a comfortable bra for shoulder pain was difficult, you can cast your worries away, as the options listed here have got you covered. Invest in one that offers good support without adding more pressure to your shoulders. Ensure it is made of breathable, stretchable, moisture-wicking, and soft material and offers a good fit. Further, choose one with a wire-free make, a criss-cross design, an extra-wide back, and adjusting straps for optimal comfort. So, we suggest the Vanity Fair Women’s Full Figure Beauty Back Smoothing Bra for its four-way stretchability and modest design and the Fruit Of The Loom Racerback Sports Bra for its trendy, wire-free racerback design. You can also try the Calvin Klein Invisible Bralette Bra, with removable pads and a seamless waistband.
Infographic: How To Choose The Right Bras For Shoulder Pain?
An ill-fitting bra offers minimal support and increases the risk of back or shoulder pain. Thus, selecting the right bra that provides ample support is essential to reduce bra-induced shoulder pain. Read the following infographic to learn how to buy the right bra.
- Relationship Between Brassiere Cup Size and Shoulder-Neck Pain in Women
- Best Moonphase Watch
- Best Bleach For Face In India
- Best Sunscreen For Face In India
- Best Solar Shed Lights