Most women find it difficult to find well-fitting bras that provide sufficient support and prevent bulges. So, we have created a list of the best bras for side fat to give you a smooth appearance under your clothes. If you wear tight or ill-fitted bras, they can cause spillage from the sides or under your armpit, making you feel uncomfortable.
These high-quality bras provide you with optimal coverage, softness, and security. They give you a streamlined look and are stretchable for freedom of movement. Available in different sizes, colors, and designs to suit your needs, you can wear them with various outfits. Explore our list to learn more.
7 Best Bras For Side Fat In 2023
Bali’s best bra for side spillage and back fat is composed of 94% nylon and 6% spandex. The foam cups are flexible enough to lend you optimum coverage. Knit-in with a targeted two-ply side, you can enjoy back support that is properly distributed, so you don’t feel too much pressure in any one area. The underband is gentle against the skin and moves along with your body without restricting freedom of movement. With straps meeting at the back for a racerback style, the stress across the shoulder blades is reduced. Take a glimpse at this video to know more about Bali wirefree bras.
- Adjustable straps
- 45 color options available
- Adjustable hook-and-eye closure
- Thin and molded cups
- Seamless and flexible
- No uniboob or side spillage
- Not as supportive for larger busts
Featuring a lot more spandex than the previous option, Vanity Fair offers the best bra for side support. Its banded frame smoothes down fat across the sides and back for a streamlined look. Being a full-figure bra that stretches in every direction, it gives the bust a lift while smoothening any bumps and bulges in the sides. Youtuber Ho Quang Ninh says, “With its silky four-way stretch fabric, it smooths your back for a flawless look under clothes. Stay-in-place straps are placed closer together at the back closure so they won’t slip off your shoulders.” The cups are lightly lined to keep boob sweat at bay and feel ultra-soft against the skin. Lying seamlessly under all your outfits, this side fat bra style also comes with an underwire for extra support. Watch this video for more information about the comfy Vanity Fair bra.
- Adjustable hook-and-eye clasp
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Center floral detailing
- Shapes the bust
- Comes in a wirefree version
- Available in multiple colors
- Some might find the cups slightly thick.
Warner’s best bra for top spillage and side bulge uses a fabric blend of 94% nylon and 6% spandex to keep you cool and able to move freely. To smooth out underarm bulge seamlessly, extra coverage side panels are provided. The wider straps prevent any digging in or rolling down even after hours of wear. Stretching optimally to fit your unique size, these bras with high side panels are a reliable option for casual, everyday outfits.
- Available in 17 colors
- Breathable and lightweight
- Adjustable hook-and-eye closure
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Offers great support
- Sides might peek through sleeveless tops
The True & Co Women’s True Body Boost v-neck bra is available in a soft mink shade and has ten size options. This bra that covers underarms and back fat is made of 77% nylon and 23% elastane fabric and has an imported make. It is machine-washable and has clean-lined edges, designed to disappear under the clothing with no visible lining. It is made of the softest fabric in the collection, the true body microfiber, which is barely there. The bra is also shape-enhancing and has a flexible silhouette.
- Designed with easy, pull-on closure
- Minimalist design
- Has removable padding
- Made with lifting and shaping technology
- Straps may not be adjustable
- Some may experience uniboobs
Olga has come out with some of the best bras for underarms and back fat that feature a blend of polyester and elastane. The extra side coverage going all the way up to your armpits does a fantastic job of smoothing down any bulge that might be lingering. These panels are free of elastic, so you can enjoy a seamless and sleek look through your favorite blouses. The underwire holds up the bust and prevents sagging. Have a look at this video before you purchase the Olga bra for side bulge.
- Available in eight colors
- Front-adjustable straps
- Adjustable hook-and-eye clasp
- Soft and smooth fabric
- High-coverage cups
- Machine washable
- Underband might be slightly less supportive
Glamorize offers the best sports bra for side spillage that has a unique WonderWire design inserting the softest cushion between you and the wire. Containing polyamide, polyester, and elastane, the cups also have two layers of lining to keep your bust well-supported and breathing freely. The wide and non-stretchy back straps provide an extra bit of security, so you can finish both high and low-impact workouts with no worries or discomfort whatsoever.
- Offers bounce control
- Adjustable non-slip straps
- Padded hook-and-eye clasp
- Seven color options available
- Might wrinkle slightly with frequent wear
If you are looking for the best bra for side and back fat that is as breathable as it is comfy, this one comes with a mesh racerback design for added ventilation. Made from a blend of flexible polyester and spandex, the fabric stretches with your movements to give you a maximum range of motion. The compression bra with side support is your best bet to getting the most out of your workouts as it helps you enhance performance by keeping the gals firm and secure. The coolest part is undoubtedly the full-length frontal zipper, which makes slipping it on and off a breeze.
- Available in 20 colors
- Wide back coverage
- Full front coverage
- Not ideal for high impact activity
How To Choose The Right Bra For Side Fat?
Oita Raluca, a fashion designer and founder of Georgette Patterns, says, “Finding a bra that provides sufficient support, prevents bulges, and creates a smooth appearance under clothing can be a struggle for many women. Ill-fitting bras can lead to discomfort, restricted movement, and a diminished sense of confidence in one’s appearance. By investing in bras designed specifically for addressing side fat, women can achieve a streamlined look that boosts their confidence and wear their favorite outfits with pride.”
Consider these features when choosing a bra for side fat.
- Underband: The underband is what holds your breasts up together and gives them the support they need. This feature shouldn’t be too tight or loose, but instead, give you a snug fit that doesn’t feel constricting. The band should move towards your back and clasp it gently. Anything that rolls up or leaves marks on your skin is a huge no-go.
- Cups: Often, the wrong cup size is what causes spillage across our sides and back. To combat this, get your bust measurements before you go bra shopping or seek the help of a professional. The cups you choose should be 3D molded to conform to your shape and move along with you with no glaring gaps in between. A lining of fabrics like nylon or polyester can help you wick away moisture to prevent boob sweat and keep you feeling cool without overheating. A flat center gore or a boning structure is a good way to ensure that the cups do their job.
- Underwire: An underwire offers your bust a lift and enhances their appearance. You need to ensure that this wire is cushioned so it doesn’t dig into or poke your skin.
- Side support:This is the most crucial feature as it is responsible for containing any bulges on the sides under your armpits. Side panels in bras for side bulge are wider than those in regular ones and help you smooth down excess skin. To cushion excess breast tissue, the panels cover up the skin and give you a streamlined look.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a keen product writer of clothing, fashion, and more. With numerous related articles to her name, she is well-versed with people’s need for comfortable clothing and high-quality material. She has compiled this list of the best bras for side fat, keeping your convenience and quality parameters in mind. She has also mentioned the pros and cons of each product and a buying guide section to help you pick the right one.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What causes side spillage in a bra?
Side spillage may be caused by small bra or cup size, bras with insufficient coverage, extremely tight bands, or wearing bras that don’t accommodate or suit your bust shape.
2. How can I hide my side boobs?
You can do so by wearing bras that provide ample and wider side support, push your boobs inwards, provide full cup coverage, and have a front closure.
3. What do side support bras do?
Side support bras prevent underarm bulge and side-boob spillage by providing wider side coverage and pushing the breasts inwards with the help of in-built shaper panels.
4. Who should wear side support bras?
Whoever wants a sturdier and well-contoured look can wear side support bras. Further, those who witness side-boob spillage or underarm bulge due to heavy or fuller breasts or wide-set breasts that need to be pushed inwards can also wear such bras.
5. Can sports bras cause armpit fat?
Any bra or clothing that is smaller than your true size can lead to armpit fat overflowing from the sides or, in short, underarm bulge.
6. Is it safe to use bras for side-fat?
Side support bras don’t essentially do anything to your fat intrinsically. They just cover the side fat while providing ample support and great shape.
7. What are the benefits of wearing a bra if I have side-fat?
The benefits include prevention of side-fat spillage or underarm bulge, well-defined, smooth, and contoured look, an hourglass-shape, and even fat distribution outwardly.
Nothing can be more frustrating than a side spillage, irrespective of whether you are in your favorite outfit or casual wear. Thus, get your hands on one of these best bras for side fat to offer the required support to your busts and reduce bulges. When choosing the right bra, ensure it is made of lightweight, breathable, and moisture-wicking material and features a soft under band and underwire for a comfortable fit. Those made with a blend of cotton and stretchable materials such as polyester and spandex offer good comfort. You may also consider the cup size and choose a 3D molded cup that conforms to your shape. And, most importantly, ensure you choose a bra with wide side panels.
Infographic: How To Minimize Side Bulge When Wearing A Bra?
Bras play a vital role in providing support and enhancing the appearance of the breasts. When it comes to side fat bulges, choosing the right bra style, wearing it properly, and utilizing certain hacks can help minimize their visibility and create a smoother silhouette. Explore the following infographic to discover simple hacks to eliminate side fat bulges.
- Bra wearing not associated with breast cancer risk: a population based case-control study