Britax is a 70-year-old car seat company known to manufacture upper-level car seats for infants and children. These car seats focus on impact protection from all sides with energy-deterring cushioning. It constantly upgrades features through innovation and testing, including the ClickTight installation system, belt-positioning boosters, and harness-to-booster convertible seats. We have curated a list of the best Britax convertible car seats for your perusal.
Top Products From Our List
7 Best BritaxConvertible Car Seats
One4Life ClickTightBritax baby car seat guarantees usage for ten years withstanding a weight capacity of 5lb to 120lb and height of up to 63in. The convertible booster for children is easy to install in three simple steps. The rear-facing infant seat can easily be converted to a high-back belt-positioning booster with a five-point harness. Constructed from a durable steel frame, the crumple zone and V-shaped tether absorb crash impact along with a double layer of side impact protection.
- Safe wash
- ClickTight installation
- Polyester and nylon fabric
- Front- and rear-facing options
- Cushion might not be well-padded
The upgraded design of Britax Grow with You booster car seat comes with a brand new ClickTight harness. It takes three easy steps to install and transits from a front-facing harness mode to a belt-positioning booster mode. It facilitates a shoulder width of up to 12in, usable for a growing child. The mesh fabric allows cool airflow, and the soft pads on the harness protect the ears from uncomfortable rubbing. The seat withstands a weight capacity of 25lb to 120lb and a height limit of 63in.
- Five-point harness
- Hand wash
- Upgraded design
- Mesh fabric allows air circulation
- Minimum age for usage of two years
A convertible car seat for your growing child, the Britax Highpoint booster car seat is a two-in-one attachment. The high-back booster seat can easily be turned into a backless booster for added safety and longevity. It is designed with polyester, plush foam padding, and ventilated airflow that keeps the child comfortable. The seat accommodates children weighing from 40lb to 120lb and a height limit of 63in.
- Hand wash
- Foam-lined headrest
- Energy-absorbing exterior
- Padded armrests
- Side impact protection
- Installation might be difficult
The high-back and backless seat keep the child safer and comfortable for longer drives. This seat is suitable for children weighing between 40lb and 120lb and height up to 63in. It is designed with built-in armrests and foam padding. Dual-layered impact protection comprises a foam-lined headrest and an energy-absorbing shell. The belts are color-coded and the seat is lightweight as a whole unit.
- Quick-push lower connectors
- Removable cover
- Dishwasher-safe cup-holders
- Nap-friendly padding
- Easy to assemble
- Does not have a top tether and might tip over easily
Britax Marathon ClickTight convertible car seat is constructed from a solid steel frame and mesh fabric. The seat installs with a ClickTight mechanism. It includes a 14-position harness and a two-position buckle for optimal comfort of a growing child. The seat also reclines at seven angles for maximum relaxation. It has a high-impact absorption base and a layer of side impact protection foam. The rear-facing option has a 5lb to 40lb capacity, while the forward-facing option 20lb to 65lb weight.
- No rethreading
- Easy installation
- Patented click tightening
- Sturdy and durable frame
- Some users might find it heavy
The three-stage convertible seat has push-button latch connectors with built-in locks for easy installation. It has a steel frame with an impact-absorbing base and side-impact protectors. The harness can be adjusted to ten positions from 8.5 in to 17.5 in. The rear-facing seat option has a 5lb to 40lb capacity, and the forward-facing option can hold from 20lb to 65lb.
- Easy to clean
- No rethreading
- Designed for safety
- V-shaped tether for reduced forward movement
- Push-button connectors
- No cup holders
The upgraded harness-to-booster seat can easily transform from a forward-facing harness option to a belt-positioning booster mode. The neck pads keep the harness strap from rubbing against the child’s skin. It is designed with a steel frame, two layers of side impact protection, a base that absorbs impact, and a V-shaped tether that reduces forward movement. Two reclining positions, nine sitting positions, and quick-push connectors make this car seat convenient and cozy.
- Two-in-one booster seat
- Premium soft fabric
- Surrounded in safety
- Removable cover
- Quick-adjust headrest and harness
- Might make some squeaking sound while moving
How To Choose The Right Britax Convertible Car Seat?
Here are some points to consider while buying a Britax convertible car seat.
- Safety: Extra paddings, multiple layers of side protection panels, foam headrest, energy-absorbing layers, and multi-point harness with a ClickTight installation are some of the features you should look for in Britax car seats.
- Ease to use: Pick a seat that is easy to use and has a push-button open-close system. Agin, functionality and convenience should be the key.
- Durability and longevity: Car seats are usually used for longer and even used as hand-me-downs. Look for a durable and strong frame with well-stitched polyester and mesh covers. The seat should be easily washable to keep it clean for longer.
- Features: SafeCell system is found in all Britax car seats. These chest pads are in premium models and provide extra comfort and help deflect energy transfer, reducing a forward jerk during a collision.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is the Britax car seat the safest one?
All the Britax car seats go through rigorous quality and safety checks and are undoubtedly safe. Their safety features, including five-point harness protection, side-impact protection, a Latch seat belt system, and a ClickTight system, provide extra security.
2. How long do Britax car seats last?
All the car seats come with a weight and height recommendation. A child can use it as long as they meet those specifications. Ideally, infant car seats might last for six years, ClickTight convertible car seats for ten years, convertible car seats for seven years, and belt-positioning booster car seats for six years.
3. How to install Britax car seats?
Below are the three easy steps to install the Britax car seat.
- Figure the proper recline from the recline bubble. Open the ClickTight by using the dial. Turn the dial clockwise and lift.
- Thread the seat belt through the belt guide and buckle.
- Make sure the belt is parallel on the inside. Close the seat cover quick-tight. Press down to lock.
Always check if the seat is immovable over one inch on either side.
4. What makes the ClickTight installation system so unique?
The ClickTight system is an easy way of seat installation. It has reduced the possibility of the wrong installation and is safer.
Britax offers the safest and most innovative car seats for growing children. They focus on stability, safety, protection, and comfort. So, if you want a hassle-free ride with your child tucked safely in the back seat, get yourself the best Britax car seat.