A cake slicer is designed to cut up pieces of cake into perfect slices. The best cake slicers can make your cake look presentable and are a great tool for bakers as they can help make your cake presentation impeccable. Sure you can slice a cake with a regular bread knife, but a professional, expert-recommended cake slicer offers far better, even outstanding results. So if you want this essential tool to be a part of your kitchen, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got a list of some top-rated manual cake slicers you can buy based on your requirements.
11 Best Cake Slicers
1. Best Superior Design:Mercer Culinary Millennia Wavy Edge Cake Slicer
Trusted for its practical use, this is one of the best cake knives carved with premium steel. The 18in wavy edge slicer comes with a slip-resistant handle made of santoprene and polypropylene for comfort and durability. Further, it has a protective finger guard for enhanced safety.
- Blade is made of one-piece Japanese steel
- Ergonomic anti-skid grip design
- Has a blade angle of 15 degrees
- Razor-sharp edge facilitates smooth and clean cutting
- May be slightly big
- May be a tad soft
2.Best Rust Resistant: Orblue Pie Server Cake Cutter
The multipurpose pie server by Orblue is a time-tested design and works fantastically as a cake slicer and pizza cutter. This 9.9in kitchen flatware is designed with a triangular blade and has serrated edges on both sides, making it a versatile kitchen tool for both right- and left-handed chefs.
- Made of high-quality, rust-resistant stainless steel material
- Ergonomic handle design offers a secure grip
- Makes a lovely gift
- Handle may not be very durable
- May be smaller than you expect
3. Best Easy Grip:Wilton Adjustable Cake Leveler
This tried-and-tested cake leveler and trimmer is ideal for cutting even layers of ten-inch or smaller cakes. The adjustable wire blade allows you to adjust the cake leveler up to two inches high to cut even slices or remove the crown of the cake. The time-saving leveler features a wide plastic-based handle that provides adequate stability and lets you glide through the cake effortlessly for precision.
- Has a sleek design
- Sturdy plastic feet
- Easy-to-grip plastic handle
- Offers adjustable cutting height
- May not be highly durable
- Blade may require frequent sharpening
|Mercer Culinary Millennia Wavy Edge Cake Slicer||Orblue Pie Server Cake Cutter||Wilton Adjustable Cake Leveler|
|Dimensions||24 x 3 x 1 inches||-||-|
|Weight||8.4 Ounces||3.84 ounces||5.9 ounces|
|Handle Material||Santoprene||Stainless Steel||Plastic|
|Blade Material||High Carbon Steel||Stainless Steel||Plastic|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4.Best Easy To Easy: Zenker Stainless Steel Layer Cake Slicing Kit
The cake knife set by Zenker features cake-cutting accessories such as an adjustable slicing collar with grooves and a cake lifter to dole out even slices of cake. This high-quality layered cake cutting tool makes cutting the cake into the right size pretty easy. Check out this video review detailing a tester’s experience of using the cake-slabbing tool.
- Designed to slice up to eight uniform layers
- Crafted using stainless steel
- Includes slicing collar, knife, and cake lifter
- Sturdy and supportive
- Metal ring may be unstable
- May not be suitable for small-sized cakes
5.Best Stainless Steel: OXO Steel Pie Server
This is an efficient cake slicer that effortlessly cuts the most delicate baked cakes and pies in different shapes. The simple pie server has a flexible head and serrated blades on both sides for easy and clean cutting. It measures 12in in length and has a 2.5in width.
- Triangular blade made of high-quality stainless steel
- Has a sleek and undecorated handle with good grip
- Hanging hole for easy storage
- May not withstand rough use
- May not be dishwasher-safe
6. Best For Home Bakers:RFAQK Adjustable And Numbered Cake Leveler
Lay your hands on this cake leveler and slicer to cut cakes up to 12 inches in diameter. The numbered and adjustable cutting levels make it easy to cut straight slices of cake with uniform thickness, ranging from 0.25 to 2.5 inches. Alternatively, this best-selling stainless steel cake slicer can be used to slice up bread loaves.
- Anti-rust cutting wire
- Flat plastic feet for stability
- Easy-to-grip handle with finger grooves
- Might not be beginner-friendly
- Might not be highly durable
7. Best Sturdy:Yorwe DIY Cake Slicer
The tried-and-tested cake slicer machine is convenient to use and is designed to cut cake slices horizontally. This whole cake cutter can also be used for slicing bread and toasts. With this kitchen fixator tool, cutting perfect slices, portioning into the right thickness, or creating tiered cake slices is no longer difficult.
- Suitable for cake sizes of 10in
- Adjustable up to five layers
- Compact design—doesn’t require much storage space
- Serrated blade on one side
- May not be ideal for large cakes
- May not be heavy enough
8.Best Easy To Clean: Berglander Shiny Gold Cake Knife And Server Set
This cake serving kit includes a knife and a cake or pastry server, making it easy to cut and serve cake without any hassle or mess. The 12-inch knife lets you cut the pieces precisely, and the sturdy build makes the knife blade and server bend- and dent-free.
- No-rust stainless steel knife blade
- Stylish titanium gold plating
- Lead- and nickel-free
- Durable material
- Might be a little smaller than expected
- Might not be scratch-proof
9.Best Versatility: Vintage Stainless Steel 10 Inches Cake Slice Pie Server
The 10in cake slicer and server makes cake slicing super easy. It can also be used for transferring cake slices and delicate desserts from tray to plate. Designed for slicing cakes, pies, tarts, and pizzas, it is a multipurpose flatware for your kitchen.
- Crafted using high-quality stainless steel
- Comes with a loop on the handle for easy storage
- Easy to clean and use
- Serrated edge for convenient cutting
10. Best Adjustable:Cade Cake Leveler-Cake Slicer
Slice like a professional with this cake slicer that allows you to cut your desserts into any size you desire. It is a fantastic cake-slabbing tool with a cake scale ranging between 9.8 inches and 11.8 inches. Just place your creation on the cake board and slice cakes without hurting your hands.
- High-quality stainless steel
- Thick and stable
- Adjustable handle to change thickness of slices
- Multipurpose slicer can be used for other baked goods
- May not include instructions for use
- May not be suitable for smaller cakes
11.Best Safe: Kake Kut’r Cake And Pie Slicer
With this cake slicer, you get perfect pieces of pies and cakes every time. The unique triangular wedge slicer has been designed to make cutting round cakes and pies quick, easy, and precise. As per reviews, the highlight of this pie cutter is that it is safe to use for kids as well, as it has no sharp blades.
- Durable material
- French Bistro-style handle
- Doubles up as a server
- Size of slice can be easily adjusted
- Handles may be slightly flimsy
- May need to clean icing off between slices
How to Choose the Right Cake Slicer?
With so many cake slicers to choose from, it is not easy to pick the perfect cake slicer. We have compiled a list of essential features that one must look for in a slicer before making the final pick.
- Material: Always consider the material of the slicer. Different materials like stainless steel, aluminum alloy, plastic, and even wood are used in making cake slicers, and each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
- Ease of use and clean: A simple and easy-to-use cake slicer is what you must look for. Another thing you need to keep in mind is the ease of cleaning it.
- Reviews: To pick the right cake knife, you need to learn about its functionality. Read the reviews online and make the right decision.
Jan T.L. De Pagie, an Italian food writer, says, “When you have a cake to celebrate a special occasion, you don’t want to spoil the moment with uneven, badly cut pieces. Use a good slicer and make everybody happy. With the right slicer, cutting perfect cake slices is a breeze.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is a product writer with a keen interest in kitchen and household products. He focuses on quality and durability while bringing you the best product options available in the market. Based on reliable customer reviews and feedback, he has curated a list of the best cake slicers to help you slice cakes like a pro. He has highlighted the features of each product and provided a buying guide to help you choose the right one.
You can slice cakes with ease if you have the right cake slicer in your baking tool collection and follow the right cake-cutting technique. A good cake slicer ensures that your cake is flawless. Hence, when choosing a cake knife or a pie cutter, it is critical to prioritize quality and functionality. In this post, we have listed some of the best cake slicers available. We have also provided key specifications of each product to assist you in picking the best one for your kitchen. Also, go through the product features when making your purchase. We recommend the OXO Steel Pie Server, which can be used to slice and serve, or the Orblue Pie Server Cake Cutter, which is suitable for right- and left-handed chefs. The Mercer Culinary Cake Slicer is another great option, as it has a slip-resistant handle for stability.