Keep your feet smooth and soft and free of painful calluses with the best callus removers. Removing calluses can be a long process because the rough patches on your skin may form over a few months or even years. And, with a handy callus remover made of high-quality material, you can gently scrub away the dry skin and keep your skin soft and supple. Check out our list to learn more and choose the right product.
Our Top Picks
15 Best Callus Removers
1. Best Lightweight: Rikans Foot File And Callus Remover
Remove callus effortlessly from your feet with the lightweight Rikans foot callus remover. Its easy-to-grip handle and the large scrubbing surface allow you to use it from various angles as per your individual preference. You can remove dead skin from cracked heels whether your feet are dry or wet after soaking in water. This video offers a more detailed explanation of the product.
- Comes with a drawstring carrying pouch
- Handle has a hole to hang it for air dry
- Compact design allows easy storage
- Suitable for all skin types
- Sharpness may not stay long
- Doesn’t have a dead skin catcher
2. Best Ergonomic: BTArtbox Large Foot Rasp
Eliminate chapped skin with the foot rasp by BTArtbox. The large foot rasp comes with a handle that provides you an ergonomic grip. Its sophisticated laser plated blade and frame are made from surgical-quality steel that is easy to sterilize and keep clean. The waterproof blade of the callus remover does not rust, lasts longer, and has sharp holes to remove dead skin cells at a faster pace. It includes a brush for cleaning the remover. You may check this video for a better understanding of this product.
- Sharp and big holes
- Two-way grinder design
- Removable and scratch-resistant blade
- No-paint shade coat
- Edges of the blade may be slightly sharper than expected
- Blade may often pop out
3. Best For Removing Stubborn Calluses: Oneleaf 2PCS Professional Pedicure Rasp
Remove dead skin from your feet with this pedicure callus removal. It features the latest design, including a cheese grater style foot callus remover to remove stubborn calluses. As for the foot file, it is composed of two sides. The file helps smooth the hard areas of your feet and provides a finishing touch during a pedicure. This video review will help you learn more about the product.
- Thick plastic handle
- Dual-sided pedicure rasp
- Surgical-grade stainless steel
- Safe to use on wet and dry skin
- Grater may separate from the handle
- High pressure may not be suitable for many
4. Best For Softening Dead Skin: Dr Scholl’s Duragel Callus Removers
Get rid of callus without hurting yourself with the foot callus remover by Dr Scholl’s. It is ideal for those who want foot peels or a corn remover in the form of medicated cushions. Each of the four disc-shaped cushions contains callus remover cream, and they are designed to be applied once, so they are enough for both feet. The exfoliating acid in the discs works fast, and it softens the dead skin of hard calluses within hours to provide greater pain relief.
- Sweat- and water-resistant
- Fits comfortably
- Softens hard callus
- Clinically tested
- Pad may not last long
- Hard callus may take more time to remove than expected
5. Best Firm Grip: Kened Foot File Callus Remover
Bid farewell to accumulated dead skin on your feet with the callus remover. This skin remover tool set is composed of five pieces. There are two foot scrapers made from durable surgical-quality steel ideal for removing rough calluses and three foot files. Each file has a coarse side ideal for removing dead skin cells and a fine side that smoothens the skin. The steel blades are resistant to rust, while each handle is ergonomically designed for a firm grip.
- Large file surface
- Safe for wet and dry feet
- Lightweight design
- Washable and reusable
- Blades may be sharper than expected
- May have a flimsy handle
6. Best Natural: Kinepi Foot File Callus Remover
Created from Corundum stone, this is a natural foot skin remover. It has an ergonomic non-slip handle carved from beech wood, while the natural stone does not shed despite frequent use. This all-natural hard skin remover helps scrub dead skin from cracked heels. It can also be used for toe callus removal and smoothens the skin gradually, leaving it soft and supple.
- Hanging loop for convenient placement
- Double-sided design
- May be less coarse than expected
- Layer coated may be slightly thin
7. Best Easy-To-Wash: Miukaa Callus Remover
With this metal callus-remover foot tool, you can efficiently remove calluses and dead skin. It includes ten high-quality blades and a water-resistant handle. You can also use it as a finger callus remover and is easy to wash and clean.
- Convenient option to replace the blade
- Prevents blisters
- Rust-free blades
- Razors may be sharper than expected
- May not be easy to use
8. Best Durable: Sumi Eco Eco-Friendly Nano Glass Callus Remover
Created as a foot skin remover, this tool is made from durable, environmentally friendly surgical-grade glass and is waterproof. Cut using an advanced laser technique, the foot callus remover tool has 3D nanodots engraved. The foot sander provides an ergonomic grip making it ideal for removing callused skin from wet or dry cracked heels.
- Prevents corrosion
- Non-slip design
- Safe to use on wet and dry skin
- May be a bit challenging to hold
- May not be break-resistant
9. Best Easy-To-Store: Weetiee Foot Scrubber With Stand
One of the premier professional callus remover tools is surgical steel blades that are easy to clean. The foot callus remover has two blades, one with raised points to remove callused skin while the other convex-shaped points to smoothen skin. It includes a stand that allows easy storage and built-in holes for water to drain away.
- Curved rubber-plastic handle
- Smooth and comfortable to touch
- Double-sided foot rasp
- Has no blade hole
- Handle may be slightly smaller than expected
- Metal scrappers may not snap tightly
10. Best Stainless Steel: Tcocos Foot Shaver Callus Remover
Make your feet smooth with the foot shaver callus remover by Tcocos. The three-piece set includes a callus remover tool, foot file, and ingrown nail files. All three products are composed of premium steel and are designed not to harm the skin while removing the dead cells. Ten blades are provided for the head while the cover stores dead skin. It also has a pad of silicone ideal for pedicures and manicures.
- Removable head
- Non-rust blade
- Convenient to use
- Clear, understandable instructions
- Some blades may be a bit hard to use
- May be slightly tricky to assemble
Buff off the dead skin on your feet with the callus remover. The remover foot soak set is an ideal choice if you do not want to use a rechargeable electronic foot file. It includes a callus remover gel and a clay foot sander with scrubbing and buffing sides. The gel callus remover foot soak is designed for overnight application to soften callused skin, which is then removed in the morning using the calluses remover for soft and comfortable heels.
- Foot scrubber made of terracotta material
- Doesn’t wear or rust
- Unscented gel
- Free of cruelty, paraben, and gluten
- May not be abrasive enough for thick skin
- Results may be slow
The set of three callus remover foot files can treat you to a pedicure at home. Each foot file has two sides, the coarse side to remove calluses and the fine side to smooth the rough skin. You can use it on dry or wet skin. The callus removers have a hole on the ergonomic handle that allows them to be hung easily for drying.
- Flat structure prevents scratching
- Non-slip handle for a comfortable hold
- Lightweight design
- Safe to wash
- Coarse and fine sides may not have a huge difference for some
- Handle may be a bit flimsy
IPQXE foot scrubber works on fingers, feet, elbows, and knees. It has 11 micro blades arranged in hundreds of small circles over its scrubbing surface. Therefore, it allows you to remove calluses safely within three minutes. The ergonomic handle offers a secure grip when you are using it.
- Handle made of non-corrosive ABS material
- Hook hole design
- Luxury plating handle
- Easy to clean
- Sharpness may not last long
- May be less suitable for rough skin
Give yourself a relaxing pedicure at home with this foot skin remover cum file. Its scrubbing surface is made from glass composed of several thousand nanoparticles, and it functions well as a heel callus remover. The electroplated plastic handle has an ergonomic design that offers an easy grip. There is a jade bead on the base helpful for a foot massage.
- Safe for wet and dry skin
- Elegant design
- Relieves foot fatigue
- Includes a drawstring storage pouch
- Texture may be smoother than expected
- May not have a hole or ribbon to hang
15. Onstep Foot File
Ideal for heel and toe calluses removal, this rough skin remover for feet has a scrubbing surface composed of naturally occurring Corundum Stone. With this callus shaver tool, you can gently remove the callused skin, resulting in less damage. You can use it on wet or dry cracked heels that leave the feet soft and smooth.
- Cushioned design
- Sleek design
- Safe to wash
- Hole to hang it for air dry
- Has no storage pouch
How To Choose The Right Callus Remover?
Here are some points you need to consider when buying a callus remover tool for your needs.
- Material:A foot callus remover made of steel is ideal, as it reduces the chances of infection. Some prefer callus removers made of Corundum stone as they are traditional options and are gentle on the feet and hands.
- Scrubber:Some callus removers have a cheese grater-style scrubbing surface, while others have a precise laser cut scrubbing surface. Dr. Dmitriy Schwarzburg, a renowned dermatologist in New York and owner of Skinly Aesthetics, says, “Having two types of callus removers makes it easier to smooth out the rough areas that can’t be removed with a larger cheese grater-style tool.”
- Cleaning: A rechargeable electronic foot file and callus remover is not easy to clean. A manually operated callus remover tool, on the other hand, can be fully immersed in water and cleaned thoroughly.
- Power: Most prefer manual callus remover tools that are easy to remove dead skin. Some prefer rechargeable electronic foot files to remove calluses within seconds, and these come with additional rollers.
Dr. Schwarzburg says, “Once you lay your hands on a good callus remover and are ready to use it, soak your feet as it can help soften the hard and painful calluses for easy removal. Also be sure to moisturize after using the tool to maintain the smoothness and hydration of the skin on your feet.”
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a skilled writer and reviewer passionate about skin care and hair care products. She has a knack for doing extensive research before recommending any product to her readers. Here, she suggests some of the best callus removers for soft skin and offers you a buying guide to help you choose the right product. The options she has listed here are made of high-quality materials with a good scrubbing surface and are easy to clean and maintain.
Calluses may form due to wearing incorrect shoe size, high-heels sandals, or friction. You can remove them at the convenience of your home by using the right callus remover. They effectively help eliminate the accumulated dead skin to reveal soft, healthy feet. Some products listed above come with a graspable handle, while others are made of medical-grade glass that prevents infections. When choosing one, consider the scrubbing style, maintenance, and battery power to ensure it works effectively.
- Best Electric Callus Removers
- Best Pumice Stones
- Best Exfoliating Foot Scrubs
- Best Forest Essentials Products
View Profile ›
Dr. Dmitriy Schwarzburg(MD)
View Profile ›