When you are out camping or hiking, a hearty hot meal can make the outdoor experience worthwhile. Cooking outdoors with the right gear can be exciting and calming at the same time, especially if you enjoy being the chef. But carrying the bulky kitchen vessels can be difficult when you are on the go. Therefore, opting for an all-inclusive camping cookware set that is lightweight, easy to clean, reliable, affordable, and easy to pack can free you from the troubles of bringing your kitchen outdoors.
We have reviewed the best camping cookware sets available online and listed them here for you. Read on and choose the one that ticks all the boxes on your list.
13 Best Camping Cookware Sets
If you are looking for a compact, portable cookware set, you may consider MalloMe, a budget option among backpackers and camping lovers. Its 10-piece mess kit folds easily into a small bundle for easy storage and packing. This set can serve one person and includes a cleaning sponge and nylon travel bag for more control and comfort.
- Coated with anodized aluminum for good heat conduction
- Comes with BPA-free tableware
- Measure 6.6 x 6.3 x 3.8 inches in size and weighs 1.17lb
- Easy to clean
- Collapsible bundle design
- Small bowl sizes
- Uneven heat distribution
This modern 16-piece camping cookware set is equipped with a pot, frying pan, ladle, and cutlery items and can serve one to two people. Its mesh bag can hold all the items securely for easy transportation. The anodized aluminum coating makes the utensils wear-resistant and allows better heat conduction, making them ideal for outdoor cooking.
- Non-stick material that is easy to clean
- Easy-to-use multipurpose pots
- Compact and sleek design
- Size may be an issue
- Starter may not be as efficient
- Stove may clog, blocking gas
Odoland’s stainless steel cookware mess kit is equipped with a foldable mini stove, cup, and pots, and other accessories. It comes with storage bags for easy transportation. The compact portable design makes it the perfect cookware set for camping, hiking, or outdoor picnics.
- Measures 12.5×12.5×16.5cm
- 9-piece cookware set
- Durable, non-toxic, anodized aluminum material
- Foldable stove and pot handles make it portable
- Rusting may be an issue
- Not dishwasher-safe
This 13-piece cookware set consists of a pot, frying pan, kettle, and other cooking accessories and can serve one to three people. It comes with a mesh bag for easy and clutter-free packing. These Overmont utensils are covered with a durable protective layer, making them easy to clean and the perfect option for your outdoor adventures.
- Cookware material is anodic oxidation aluminum, which is sturdy and durable
- Weighs 1.87lb
- Measures 7.2×5.0x7.3in
- Contains foldable spork, knife, and spoon
- Food may stick to the cookware
- May be too small for some
This portable, convenient 10-piece camping cookware set from Odoland can serve two to three people and is a great companion during your outdoor activities. Equipped with a pot, pan, kettle, cup, and tableware, it comes with a mesh bag for hassle-free travels. The utensils with nonstick Teflon are durable, easy to clean, and convenient for cooking.
- Made of stainless steel and high-quality aluminum alloy
- Anti-slip and anti-heat handles
- Foldable handles to save packing space
- May be small for a family
- Food may stick to the cookware
Stanley’s camping cookware set is complete with 19 pieces and offers good value for money. It consists of cookware and accessories that can bring the comfort of your kitchen outdoors. Made with scratch-resistant, rustproof stainless steel, the items are highly durable and sturdy. It also comes with a dish drying rack for quick drying after cleaning.
- Measure 11.1 x 10.9 x 6.1in
- Weighs 7oz
- Comes with a silicone trivet
- Multi-layer base pan ensures even heating
- May be difficult to clean
- Plate may be too small
This lightweight, compact camping cookware set could be the perfect option for your outdoor adventures. It consists of a pot, frying pan, kettle, ladle, and tableware. Made of aluminum oxide with Teflon coating, the cookware material is high-temperature and friction-resistant. Moreover, the coating ensures easy cleaning and durability.
- Complete cookware set with ten pieces
- Weighs 1.5lb
- Measures 3.5 x 6.75in
- Bonus items include cutting board and cleaning sponge
- Comes with a carrying bag
- Food may stick to the cookware
- Size may be an issue
X-Pot from Sea to Summit is a collapsible pot designed for camping and hiking adventures. It can serve two to three people. Like other X-series products, it compresses into a disk that is easy to place in a backpack. It features BPA-free, heat-resistant silicone walls and a hard-anodized base for effective cooking. It comes in a zipped pouch for easy carrying.
- Lightweight and durable
- Measures 8.4 x 4.7 inches in size
- Transparent lid with a built-in strainer
- May crack or bend eventually
- Lid may warp
Pinnacle Camper from GSI Outdoors is a complete cookware set that is compact. The plates, insulated mugs, bowls, and a pan and pot with a strainer lid, are durable and can be packed securely. It comes with a welded stuff sack that can function as a washbasin. The cookware set can serve two to four people.
- Measures 9.1 x 9.1 x 5.8in
- Weighs 3.63lb
- Anodized aluminum pot with Teflon coating
- Color-coded utensils for individuals
- May be prone to scratches
- Some utensils may warp
This camping cookware set consists of two pots with strainer lid, polypropylene deep dish plates, and insulated mugs. This set can serve up to two people. The cookware is made of ultralight hard-anodized aluminum and coated with a nonstick layer. Its compact size makes it ideal for back country trips.
- Measures 7.7 x 7.7 x 4.8in
- Weighs 1.76lb
- Color-coded mugs and plates
- Effective nesting design or compact packing
- Coating may get scratched easily
A perfect option for beaches, trekking, or barbequing, this portable camping cookware set is easy to clean, travel-friendly, and lightweight. It comprises four stainless steel pots of different sizes with nonstick coating that fulfills all your cooking needs. These four pots stack vertically inside a tote bag for easy transportation and efficient packing. It may work well for a bigger group and can serve six to eight people. In addition, the sturdy stainless steel cookware material is weather-resistant.
- Equipped with perforated handles
- Pots come in small, medium, and large sizes
- Lid may not fit well
The Bugaboo Base Camper from GSI Outdoors is the complete camping cookware set for your entire family. It can serve more than three people and comes with two pots and a frying pan in small, medium, and large sizes. In terms of packing, it nests into the stuff sack that doubles as a washbasin sink. In addition, the cutting board, strainer lids, and foldable handles make the outdoor cooking experience practical and hassle-free.
- Measures 9.1 x 9.1 x 5.4in
- Weighs 2.6lb
- Coated with nonstick Teflon coating
- Perfect for stovetop
- Small utensils may not be enough for large groups
- Handles may heat up fast
13. Sea to Summit
The X-Set 32 consists of a collapsible 2.8l X-Pot, 1.3l X-Kettle, and an 8-inch X-Pan, which nest together for compact packing and easy transport. The cookware set features BPA-free, heat-resistant silicone walls, and a hard-anodized aluminum base. In addition, the lids are translucent with a built-in strainer that makes cooking convenient.
- Weighs 27.6 oz
- Heat-resistant up to 440℉
- Folds flat like a disc
- Does not crack in cold temperatures
- Polished inner surface prevents food from sticking
- Size may be an issue for a larger group
How to Choose the Right Camping Cookware Set?
Consider the following factors to choose the right camping cookware.
- Climate or weather at the destination: Do you prefer mountains, rugged terrain, or woods? If you prefer Alpines, then you may need cookware material that is weather resistant.
- Budget: It is good to set your budget depending on the frequency of your trips and the terrain you cover. You may need to shortlist the features that are important to you before deciding the expense limit.
- Camping style: Your choice of camping cookware very well depends on whether you are a traveler, a car camper, or prefer base camping. You may rely completely on your backpack for your essentials or leave extra space in the boot of your car to stack your camping items. Also, consider how often you camp and need a cooking set before picking one.
- Size of the group: Camping cookware sets are designed for individuals, couples, families, or larger groups.
- Cookware material: Do you prefer stainless steel, anodized aluminum, or cast iron, silicone? Each cookware material has its pros and cons, depending on the strength, durability, packability, and weight. For instance, if you are an egg lover, you may consider coated utensils that will help in frying and prevent eggs from sticking.
- No. of pieces: Depending on your group or family size, you may need to consider the capacity and number of pots, pans, and tableware.
Many campers also opt for handy gadgets, including French press for coffee, popcorn popper, Dutch oven for meats and stew, cooking iron, or extension forks for roasting. You may also need to consider if you want to buy a complete set or build your own set from different individual pieces.
Prioritize your needs and enlist the most important features to narrow down your list of camping cookware. Consider the pros and cons while making the decision. We hope this list helps you pick the right camping cookware.