Do your kids want to go camping this summer break? That is a great idea! Camping during the summer season has its merits but it comes at a cost— you have to withstand the blithering hot sun. It is not easy to hike all day and sleep peacefully without your tent feeling like an oven. To handle that kind of heat, you need the best camping fans you can get. During such times, a camping fan becomes an essential part of the trip which you will need to carry wherever you go. So they need to be lightweight for easy transportation. Some fans even have long-running batteries with integrated lights that illuminate your camping tent throughout the night.
So, while your family prepares for the trip, you should consider buying a fan from our list of the 10 best camping fans. Trust us, you are definitely going to need it.
10 Best Camping Fans In 2021
When you need a battery powered fan for camping, look no further than OPOLAR Clip Fan. Be it a camp by a lake or up on a mountain, all you need to do is clip this fan in place and turn it on. It is designed to swirl faster and provide superior airflow compared to other clip-on fans. It has a long-running 10000mAh polymer rechargeable battery that can last anywhere between 6-24 hours depending on the speed settings. It uses 8-inch advanced blades to circulate air faster than most portable fans and makes extremely low noise.
- It has a heat resistant body.
- The fan has dual charging ports— Micro-USB and USB-C with 2A fast recharging support.
- It has three levels of speed settings and an energy-saving mode.
- It has clamps and pivots that allow the fan to have 360-degree rotation capabilities.
- It might take a long time to charge.
This 2-in-1 light/ fan is great for spending the night out in nature, away from all chaos of the city. It provides you and your family with great air circulation and works as a lantern too. The fan speed can be switched between low and high at the flip of a switch. The high-quality fan blades can provide wind speed up to 10 ft/s to keep you cool no matter how hot the weather is. You can hang it to use it as a fan/ lamp or place it on top to use as a fan. When not in use, you can just collapse it into a smaller size and store it away.
- It has a 360-degree rotation capability.
- It is extremely lightweight, making it a perfect travel companion.
- The absence of a brushed motor ensures quiet operation throughout.
- It has 18 individual ultra-bright, low-powered LED bulbs and has a battery life up to 37 hours even with continuous usage.
- The fan has a runtime up to 50 hours with low speed and 30 hours with high-speed settings.
- The body is made from plastic and might not be ideal for long-term use.
Don’t let the summer heat bring you down. Go out and do what you love, Amacool Portable Camping Fan has your back. It is a versatile 3-in-1 fan that is designed to work as a tent fan, camping light, and an aroma diffuser. While the fan circulates the air evenly, the light illuminates your tent and the aroma diffuser repels mosquitoes. It has a built-in hook that you can use to hang the fan in a tent, on branches, or inside your RV. If you don’t want to do that, you can just place it on a table.
- Manual 360-degree rotation with 3-speed settings
- Both fan and light have dedicated buttons with 3 levels of settings.
- It is backed by a USB rechargeable 5000mAh battery that can run up to 40hours with fan only and 18 days with light only usage.
- The fan might get noisy.
Aerodynamically designed and integrated with a brushless DC motor, this portable camping fan produces strong air circulation while virtually making no noise. It uses a 12000mAh battery with the latest fast charging technology that needs only 2-3 hours to charge completely. The portable design and stability make it an ideal appliance for all our outdoor events. It uses a pitched-propeller blade design that produces a soft and comfortable breeze. The body and blades are both made from sturdy metal material with a painted surface for durability and a high-quality feel.
- In-built LED battery power indicator
- Seamless transition between different wind-speed settings
- The battery is protected by a waterproof cover.
- It can run up to 20 hours on a fully charged battery.
- It can be swiveled in all 360-degree angles.
- You can either use it without a cord or plug it to a power outlet using the AC adapter.
- It has a large handle for easy transportation.
- It might wobble due to its metal blades.
Need a fan to beat the heat? A lantern to light up your tent? A mosquito repellent? COMLIFE has you covered in all aspects. Considered as one of the best fans for tent camping, this product helps in reducing the number of items you need to carry by integrating multiple features into one. It has a professional, high-performance brushless motor that provides fast and strong wind. You can either use the hook to hang it in your tent, place it on a table, or mount it on your wall. It supports vertical and horizontal 360-degree rotation.
- It uses a USB port for charging.
- It has a 5000 mAh that allows up to 4-40 hours usage depending on the speed.
- You can customize the fan speed between 3 wind speeds and control the light intensity by switching between the 2 levels.
- The fan might overheat if used for a long time.
It might look like a perfect day to have a backyard BBQ, but does it feel like that too? If the temperature is too hot outside, you can always rely on Lasko 7050 Misto Outdoor Misting Fan to keep you cool while you enjoy your outdoor activity. It may be small to look at but packs a powerful blower fan and 3 misters to provide a cold breeze wherever needed. It uses an in-line GFCI cord with a 3-prong grounded plug which makes it safe to be used even in damp environments.
- It is built to be UV, weather, and rust-resistant that lasts a long time.
- It has a cord length of 72 inches.
- The misters are set at a 90-degree angle to direct mist to wider areas.
- The pivoting head allows you to direct airflow and circulation in any direction.
- You can reduce air temperature up to 25 degrees by switching between its three refreshing-speed settings.
- You might not be able to control the flow of the mist.
How about buying a fan that is not just ideal for camping, but also a great option for office and home purposes? Yostyle Camping Fan is a combination of fan, lantern, and aroma diffuser that is portable enough to carry it anywhere with you. It has 12 built-in LED lights that act as a source of light on your trips. You can adjust the brightness using the 4 pre-defined brightness modes. It is extremely lightweight to carry, weighing just about 0.48 kgs.
- Supports 360-degree rotation
- Super quiet operation
- 3 levels of speed settings to control the powerful air circulation.
- You can hang the fan using the foldable hook at the bottom.
- It uses a 10000mAh rechargeable battery that can last up to 580 hours with light only mode.
- It can be charged by your laptop, car charger, power bank, and a few other devices by connecting it with a USB cable.
- It might not last the entire night with the fan mode.
This outdoor rechargeable camping fan is stylish, compact, and lightweight with a unique LED light design. The LED lights are designed for outdoor lighting and can be adjusted with three brightness settings. It is integrated with a professional and high-performance brushless motor that provides an evenly distributed airflow. It is equipped with a large-capacity rechargeable battery that can run for 6-24 hours depending on the airflow once fully charged.
- It allows for a 270-degree rotation.
- It has a Type-C charging port and 2A quick charging ports; charges completely in 5 hours.
- It is made from a sturdy and impact-resistant material that is ideal for both indoors and outdoors.
- It has an easy-to-use regulator to adjust the fan speed.
- The compact size utilizes minimal storage space and is easy-to-carry.
- The air circulation might not be strong enough for open areas.
This camping fan from OUTXE is designed to cater to most of your basic camping needs. This portable fan can be clamped on to anything that is thinner than 2 inches and the 28-LED ring-style light provides basic but sufficient lighting for your tent. Its enhanced brushless motor provides effective airflow and is whisper quiet. It keeps the air circulation going with four wind speed modes. It can be rotated 360-degree in both vertical and horizontal directions.
- Metal hook to hang it on a tree or in your tent
- Easy-to-clean, just open the frame and wipe with a dry cloth.
- With its 5000mAh rechargeable battery, you can achieve a continuous 18-hour operation with a low-speed setting.
- It has two wall-mount holes to mount it on a wall.
- It is made with military-grade materials for an extended durability.
- With the 2A fast charging ports, it takes only 3.5 hours to charge completely.
- The fans might be a bit noisy.
Spending a night camping outdoors is something that everyone should do with their family and friends. And to help you stay comfortable and see better at night during camping, you need a Mifanstech X20 Camping Fan. It has a unique punk-style design that is stylish and fashionable. You can freely adjust the wind speed using its speed regulation switch. The direction of the wind can be adjusted up to 270-degrees by manually pointing the fan in the required direction. It has multi-circuit protection that meets the voltage requirements of the U.S.
- The body is made from plastic which prevents any occurrence of rust.
- It has LED lights with three different settings— highlight, daylight, and warm light, that can be selected as required.
- The large capacitive 7800mAh battery runs up to 25 hours once completely charged.
- It has a power indicator that lets you know when the fan needs charging.
- The airflow might not be strong enough.
There you have it! You now have a list of the 10 best camping fans that you can choose from. Are you still confused about which one to choose? We would be too, they are all amazing! Continue reading to know more about them so that it is easy for you to choose the right one.
Types Of Camping Fans
There are basically two types of camping fans that you can choose from— hanging and stand-up. You can choose the one you need based on the way you want to use it.
- Hanging Fans: These are just like your ceiling fans. It works great in medium-big size tents. It shoots wind downwards that allows it to reach a wider area in the tent. But you need to ensure that you are hanging it from a tent that has the strength to hold the fan in place.
- Stand-up Fans: These fans have a broad base that makes it easy to set it up on any flat surface. You can use it in your tent, home, or in your office. But the downside is that it cannot cover a wide area or at least might take a lot of time to do so.
A Buyer’s Guide To The Best Camping Fan
Here are a few things that you need to consider before you buy one:
- Speed: The speed of the fan decides how fast and how cool the area can get. So, look for a fan that has an adjustable fan speed control.
- Battery Type: Most fans either have a replaceable battery or electrically rechargeable battery. If you are camping out for a few days, then having a fan with replaceable batteries is the most beneficial since you can carry extra batteries with you. Some fans even support both replaceable and electrically rechargeable batteries.
- Battery Capacity: When you are camping during summer, it is natural that you would want to use the fan pretty much all the time. A fan with a low-capacity battery is not going to last more than a few hours. So, you need a fan that has a large-capacity battery or at least a fan with low energy consumption. FYI: Using low speed settings is going to extend the duration of the fan.
- LED Light: If you don’t like carrying lanterns with you, then you should go with a fan that has integrated LED lights. These act as a source of light for your tent with bright LED lights, some even let you control the brightness of the lights. Having an integrated LED light on the fan will save a lot of space and you can utilize the space for something else instead.
- Noise Level: You should not sacrifice peace for a cooler atmosphere. A lot brands use a brushless motor for their camping fan that either makes extremely low noise or no noise at all. This can be one of the factors that makes a major impact on your buying decision.
- Swiveling: Having a fan that lets you adjust the direction of the airflow is a must. Most fans on this list offer vertical and horizontal swiveling and a 360-degree rotation capability. If you have a limited place to set up the fan, this feature is sure to come in handy.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How long do tent fan batteries last?
It depends on the battery capacity and the speed of the fan that you will be using it at. Read through the product specifications for detailed information.
2. How long do you need it to run?
It totally depends on your usage. Most fans can operate throughout the night.
3. Can you run the fan while charging?
Yes, a lot of camping fans can run while simultaneously charging.
4. Can I connect my fan to a PC for charging?
Any camping fan that has a USB port for charging can be connected to a PC or other electronic accessories.
5. Do the fans include a USB cable for charging?
Most brands do not provide a USB cable along with the fan, you might have to buy them separately. Please read the product details before buying to see what accessories are included in the package.
6. Do camping fans need electricity?
A constant supply of electricity is not needed. Most fans need electricity only to charge their batteries.
7. Can you buy a replacement battery?
Most companies do provide battery and other replacement parts. Please get in touch with the brand’s customer service team for more details.
Camping fans are essential during summer; they are compact and do not take much space in your bag. You never know how hot it can get at your campsite and having a fan at your disposal is your only chance to get some cool air. If not that, you can always use them as lanterns to guide your way at night. So, next time you decide to camp during summer, you can rest easy because with a camping fan from our list, your tent will always stay cool.