Sleep comfortably while camping or hiking with our list of the best camping mattresses. While we ensure our tents, cooking supplies, flashlights, and other gear are high quality, we often neglect our sleeping needs. Good-quality mattresses are necessary for relaxing after a long day.
Camping involves adventures and exploration, and it is essential to have a mattress with thick foam and soft material for optimal comfort. It also protects you from cold, hard, or wet surfaces, allowing you to rest without worries. Lightweight and portable, various mattresses are available to suit your requirements. So, read on to learn more and choose accordingly.
Our Top Picks
10 Best Camping Mattresses
The Milliard Tri Folding Mattress is a four-inch-thick memory foam mattress with therapeutic properties. It is plush, offers a comfortable sleeping area, and does not lose its form. You can unfold it on any surface to sleep comfortably. When folded, the dimensions are 58×26.x18in, and when flat, the dimensions are 78×58.x6in. Check out the review of this product for more information.
- CertiPUR-US certified premium memory foam
- Ultra-soft cover made from bamboo with anti-slip bottom
- Durable, machine-washable cover
- Folds neatly for convenient storage
- Well-ventilated and breathable
- Available in full, queen, and twin bed sizes
- Weighs 42lb
- Some may find it slightly big
- May be firmer than expected
The six-inch memory foam tri-fold mattress is soft and offers adequate body support to even light sleepers. Just unfold and place this thick and durable mattress in your tent or on the camping ground and sleep comfortably wherever you are. It measures 38x26x18in when folded, and 78x38x6in when open.
- Five-inch memory foam over a 4.5-inch foam base
- Thick and breathable mattress
- Bamboo cover with anti-slip bottom
- Easy to assemble
- CertiPUR-US certified memory foam free from chemicals and toxins
- Comes with a ten-year warranty, and a 100-night trial period
- May not come with a storage case
- Does not have handles, making it difficult to move
The soft and durable mattress offers added comfort and support that are required for a good night’s sleep. The three-inch foam mattress can be placed on cots, beds, RV bunks, floor, or another mattress as extra bedding. The COT30-size mattress measures 3x30x74 inches and is suitable for back pain and other related issues.
- CertiPUR-US certified foam
- Free of flame retardants, mercury, ozone depleters, lead, formaldehyde, and heavy metals
- Compressed and vacuum-sealed
- Durable stitchbond fabric cover
- Folds easily for convenient storage
- Some may find the foam quite soft
- May not be wide enough
Willpo camping mattress could give you the best sleep after a busy day of outdoor adventures. Made of CertiPUR-US tested memory foam, it provides warmth and extra comfort level, especially for back and side sleepers. The mattress can be easily rolled up into a compact size and it comes with a travel bag for easy carrying.
- Collocation of high-density base support foam and memory foam
- Waterproof bottom with non-slip points
- Velcro fasteners to connect multiple mattresses
- Breathable fabric keeps the sleeper dry and comfortable
- Water-resistant zipper
- Removable waterproof sheet is machine-washable
- May not be moisture-wicking
- May not be wide enough for bigger people
It is a spacious folding foam mattress that can accommodate adults and kids. This product by Cushy is ergonomically built to support the head and align the spine when sleeping. The smartly designed tri-fold mattress is made to promote restful sleep and restore your energy for the next morning. It is compact and measures 75x31x4 inches.
- High-density, super-firm foam material
- Folds and unfolds without any hassles
- Can be made into a comfortable seat or makeshift sofa
- Queen-size mattress
- Ultra-soft cover with a zipper for easy removal
- Machine-washable cover
- Comes with a storage case to keep it clean and dust-free
- Some may find it small
- May be thinner than expected
Enjoy that extra comfort with Modway Relax Tri-fold mattress, which is a bed by night and a cushioned chair by day when propped up against the wall. It is double-layered and has a softcover, and can be placed in the guest room, dorm room, or outdoors in a camping tent. On folding, it measures 25x25x12 inches, and when flat, it is 25x75x4 inches.
- A 0.5-inch top memory foam layer and 3.5-inch responsive base foam layer
- Ultra-soft removable cover with non-slip bottom
- CertiPUR-US certified memory foam
- Free of mercury, formaldehyde, flame retardants, ozone depleters, and other heavy metals
- Vacuum packed and foldable to fit into a portable case
- May lose its shape with repeated use
- May be firmer than expected
This is a 2.5-inch cotton mattress ideal for camping outdoors during winter and autumn. Whether placed in tents, lounge chairs, or cots, it is likely to offer warmth and excellent comfort. The cotton blend filling, soft velvet shell, and water-resistant bottom of this mattress make your sleeping experience better no matter where you are.
- Size, when opened, is 75x29x2.5 inches
- Lightweight at less than three pounds
- Easy to store and carry
- Surface can be easily cleaned with a damp cloth
- Available in gray and navy blue
- May be thinner than expected
- Not machine-washable
The Customize Bed Inc memory foam mattress with gel-infused technology is foldable, flexible, and portable. Enjoy the comfort level this mattress offers as it contours to your natural body shape. You can use it on the floor, a daybed, cot, trundle, or bunk bed.
- Six-inch memory foam
- Extra-firm and lightweight cushion
- Gel-infused topper offers a breathable space for tired and achy back and spine
- Natural, antimicrobial, and hypoallergenic material
- Durable cover
- Comes in a protective vacuum bag
Made with density rebound sponge, this camping mattress offers great resilience and constant support to keep your body rested. You can use it at home for guests and kids, in the car, or when you go camping or hiking. The extra cushion makes it easy to sleep on the ground and other hard surfaces, like wood or tiles. It measures 72x24x2.6 inches when unfolded, and rolls up to 26x10x10 inches.
- 96-inch high-density foam keeps it stable
- 78-inch thin memory foam offers a soft and cozy feeling
- Anti-slip and waterproof bottom
- Breathable long-staple cotton surface
- Sweatproof cover
- Water-resistant zipper
- Easy to roll up and store
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- May not be suitable for people with back issues
- Some may find it too thin
This could be one of the best inflating mats with an attached pillow, ideal for two campers. It requires no pump and is relatively easy to set up and remove. It has a nozzle through which the sleeping pad could inflate in seconds. It is larger and thicker, measuring 78×52.8×1.4 inches.
- Water-resistant construction keeps you warm and dry in damp weather conditions
- Extra-thick memory sponge protects the spine
- Built-in pillow that does not slide
- Comes with a carry bag
- 12 months of quality assurance with 100% warranty
- May be difficult to deflate
- Some may find it slightly uncomfortable
How To Choose The Right Mattress For Camping?
Consider the following factors to choose the perfect mattress for your camping needs.
- Mattress types: There are three types of mattresses to choose from – air mattress, foam pads, and self-inflating mattress. Air mattresses weigh less and need to be inflated, foam pads do not require inflation and are comfortable to sleep, and self-inflating beds expand on their own and have a cushiony feel. Choose one that you feel is comfortable for camping.
- Material: It should be durable, waterproof, easy to clean, and tear-resistant. Check the specifications to buy the one that has these features.
- Size and shape: Mattresses differ in size and shape. Some are tapered and ideal for single campers, while some are large for multiple campers. Choose the one that is easy to carry and has enough room to let you sleep comfortably.
- Insulation R-value: A mattress with a high R-value provides good insulation and warmth. Choose the one with a good R-value, especially for winter outings.
Why Trust MomJunction?
This list of the best camping mattresses is curated after scouring numerous product reviews from different trusted websites. Keeping your convenience and comfort in mind, we have listed high-quality mattresses of different types and materials, each with unique aspects. You can go through the detailed descriptions of each one and the buying guide section before choosing the right one for your camping trip.
A high-quality mattress may enhance the way you camp outdoors by coming in handy and providing much-needed comfort when you sleep in a tent. While picking the best camping mattress, make sure to narrow down on a choice that is water-resistant, lightweight, certified for quality, and machine-washable. You may also want to check if the mattress is portable and provides you with the much-needed cushioning for seamless usage while you camp. Finally, choose a mattress of your favorite color based on your tastes and preferences.
- Best Air Mattresses For Comfortable Camping
- Best Rollaway Beds
- Best Crib Mattress Pads For Babies
- Best Shoe Insoles For Walking, Running And Hiking
View Profile ›