It can be quite a hassle to carry wet, bulky towels back from a camping trip. And when you are out on an adventure trip, it is not practical to wait for the thick towels to dry before packing them. It would be wise to invest in the best camping towel for such situations. These towels are compact, fast-drying, and highly absorbent. These towels are not bulky and are perfect for carrying on outdoor trips, be it the beach or a river.
This article will help you decide on the right camping towel to take on your next trip. We have also included a buying guide based on various factors, such as comfort, design, price, size, material, and packing.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Camping Towels
The microfiber towel from Rainleaf is a perfect fit for any outdoor activity, such as camping, backpacking, gymming, swimming, yoga, and beach hopping. It is available in multiple colors and sizes, including 12x24in, 16x32in, 20x40inc, 24x48in, 30x60in, and 40x72in.
The super-soft towel can absorb five times more water than its weight and dries incredibly fast. It istreated with Silvadur anti-microbial technology to keep it odor-free for a long time and comes in a mesh carry bag with a convenient hand snap loop. Check out this video on YouTube for a detailed understanding of the product. Check out this video on YouTube for a detailed understanding of the product.
- Fast-drying and super absorbent
- Has a hanging loop
- Comes with a carry bag
- Lightweight and ultra-compact
- Could be abit rough for some
The set of camping towels from OlimpiaFit comprises three sizes, 50x30in, 30x15in, and 15x15in. The towels are available in multiple colors and can absorb three to four times their weight and dry ten times faster than regular cotton or terry cloth towels.
The anti-microbial property of the towels removes the need to wash them often. Each towel in this set has a hanging loop and an elastic band, which makes folding easy. You also get a compact mesh carrying bag and won’t have to worry about packing and luggage space.
- Quick-dry and super absorbent
- Ultra-compact and foldable
- Made of 100% microfiber
- Easy to clean
- Cannot be tumbledried
Available in multiple colors, the Bogi microfiber camping towel is eco-friendly and smooth. Its microfiber fabric can absorb seven to nine times its weight. The towel is available in four sizes, including 16x32in, 40x20in, 60x30in+16x16in, and 72x32in+16x16in. It comes in a breathable bag with a snap loop for hanging and carrying safely. If you want to know more about this product, check out this video on YouTube.
- Dries quickly
- Soft and lightweight
- Compact and highly absorbent
- Can be used for multiple purposes
- Some may find it fuzzier
If you are planning a camping trip, you can consider buying this towel from Youphoria. It is available in different colors and three sizes of 20x40in, 28x56in, and 32x72in. The towel can hold up to five times water than its weight and can be used for multiple purposes such as camping, bathing, workouts, and sunbathing on the beaches. You can even roll your wet clothes up in this towel to absorb the water from the clothes. The bag has a sewn-in hanging loop, which adds to the convenience when storing and drying. Go ahead and check out this YouTuber’s video for more details about the product.
- Effective drying, absorbent, and lightweight
- Mildew and odor resistant
- Easy to fold and pack
- Top-notch quality and antibacterial
- Color may fade
The two premium-quality camping towels from Relefree are delicate and super gentle on the skin. The big towel can be used for bathing, and the small one as a hand or face towel, dish towel, gym towel, or puppy towel. The suede-type plush microfiber camping towel can absorb two to three times more water than its weight and dries ten times faster than the regular towels.
- Compact and super soft
- Dries up easily
- Ultra-absorbent and sand-free
- Easy to hang and fold
- May fray when washing
The quick-dry camping microfiber towel measures 30x60in and is perfect for beach and swimming trips. The towel is highly absorbent and capable of soaking up to seven to nine times more water than its weight.It is ideal for traveling, biking, trekking, and kayaking. The suede-like fabric of this towel is antifungal and antibacterial. You also get a small towel in the pack, along with a nylon and mesh pouch.
- Lightweight, soft, and compact
- Antibacterial and anti-microbial
- Foldable and saves storage space
- Dries up quickly
- Versatile and premium-quality
- Ends of the towel may fray
The set from ScorchedEarth includes big and small microfiber towels that are soft, compact, and easily absorb more water than the regular towels. The towels are not bulky and can be used for various purposes, such as swimming at the beach, traveling with limited luggage, attending hot yoga sessions, hitting the gym, running a marathon, or setting up camp after a long hike.They come in a travel case that makes it super easy to carry.
- Super absorbent
- Lightweight and compact
- Available in different sizes and colors
- Dries up easily
- Color may fade
8. Best Ultra-absorbent: Your Choice Microfiber Travel Towel
If you are looking for a quick-drying and ultra-absorbent camping towel, this product by Your Choice has to be your pick. It is made from polyester and nylon, making it easy to clean and soft to touch. The towel is available in black, dark blue, green, orange, and rose red and in different sizes. Moreover, the towel is extremely lightweight and folds compactly.
- Suitable for daily use
- May be smaller than you expect
If you are traveling and looking for a disposable set of soft cotton towels, this set of 200 compressed mini towels can be a good choice. All you need to do is put in one to two milliliters of cold or warm water for a few seconds, and the towel will expand. The towels save a lot of space and are super convenient to carry. You can also use them for outdoor activities and in the kitchen, bathroom, and office.
- Super soft, portable, and hygienic
- Easy to use and store
- Convenient for traveling
- Multipurpose, small, and lightweight
- Cannot be reused
10. Best Ultra Plush: Hero Microfibre Towel
The microfibre towel by Hero is lightweight and compact, making it an ideal travel companion. You can use this towel when hiking, backpacking, and camping, and during beach trips and after gym sessions. The soft texture makes it gentle for delicate skin, and it comes with a high absorption capacity, thus soaking up moisture and water effectively.
- Stylish and attractive
- Include a storage bag
- Soft and comfortable
- May not be machine-washable
The super-soft towels set includes one large towel measuring 54x30in and a medium towel measuring 43x22in. These camping towels weigh four times lighter and fold five times smaller than a standard sports towel. The luxury towels can dryten times faster than regular cotton towels and comes neatly packed in a mesh bag.
- Quick–dry and sand-free
- Breathable carry pouch
- Handy hanging straps
- Lightweight and premium-quality
- Odor-freepack and breathable case
- May not be long-lasting
The water-resistant towel pack includes four towels and one mesh bag. Each towel has a unique color seam and is soft and gentle to touch.These towels are made of 100% sterilized fabric and can be air-dried. The family towel pack can be folded and stored neatly in the bag for portability.
- Light and absorbent
- Soft and durable
- Quick-drying and compact
- Water-resistant carry bag
- May soak debris
- May stick to the skin for some
The lightweight microfiber beach towels can bea great addition to your camping experience. These come in a pack of four and are super soft to touch. The brightly colored stripes make the towels attractive and functional. These towels can be folded into small size and packed in luggage, beach bag, backpack, and yoga bag.
- Bright and stylish
- Made of sand-resistant microfiber
- Compact and foldable
- Quick-drying and lightweight
- May not be highly absorbent
How To Choose The Right Camping Towel?
Here are a few features to look at when purchasing a camping towel.
- Size: These towels come in varied sizes to suit the preferences of different users. For instance, small towels are suitable for children and serve as hand and face towels. On the other hand,big towels can be chosen for adults and used for multiple purposes. You may even opt for combo packs with different-sized camping towels as per your preferences.
- Material and comfort: When traveling to a humid and wet climate, opt for a breathable, durable, and soft microfiber towel. Even linen is a good option, as it is anodor-free fabric, soft to touch, and dries quickly in sunlight. You can also choose synthetic fiber as it is not bulky and dries quick.
- Storage/packing: Camping towels that come with a bag or a case are easy to carry and pack. Even if they are wet, storing the towels becomes more convenient with a mesh bag.
- Price: You should always look for towels that fit your pocket. Neither gooverboard to buy expensive towels nor get low-quality or cheap ones as they might cause skin irritation.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is a keen writer with expertise in fashion and clothing. She has gone through different websites and scoured through various product parameters to bring you the best camping towels for your comfortable camping experience. She has included detailed information about the material, size, utility, and more for each product. Moreover, you can make the right choice by reading the purchasing guide provided here.
You must carry the right things when camping. And choosing a towel that dries quickly and is lightweight and easy to carry around is a must. When choosing one, you should also factor in the size, material, storage, and comfort. Camping towels are pretty versatile and can be used to wipe your bag and tent and even function as a mat, tablecloth, sunshade, or shawl. Furthermore, they can also be used during your gym, swimming, and yoga sessions.
Some camping towels are multipurpose and can even be used as beach blankets, picnic or yoga mats, wall blankets, tablecloths, sunshades, or shawls. Now that you know how essential it is to own a lightweight, packable, quick-drying towel, get on for yourself soon.
- Best Towel Warmers
- Best Cooling Towels For The Outdoors
- Best Glass Cleaning Cloths
- Best Bath Towels And Robes For Babies