To make a scented candle, you need the best candle fragrance oils. These oils play a pivotal role in making the candles and deciding how your ambiance will smell. They are used in aromatherapy and make an essential ingredient for body care and hair care. For making scented oil that gives out the best fragrance, you will need oils made explicitly for making scented candles. The right concoction can emit some pleasant and therapeutic fragrances. Here, we have a list of some oils that are long-lasting and versatile. Read on to know more.
13 Best Candle Fragrance Oils
1. Best Versatile: Eternal Essence Oils Fragrance Oils
The fragrance oils by Eternal Essence Oils are packaged in 30ml amber glass bottles with a dropper closure for easy dispensing. You can use these essential oils to manufacture candles, soaps, air fresheners, and skin and hair care products. Besides, you can also use them to freshen your carpets, linens, and drawers.
- Available in multiple fragrances
- Long-lasting and lingering fragrance
- Tamper-proof lid
- Premium-grade oil
- Some fragrances may be overpowering
2. Best Long-lasting: Our Own Candle Company Fragrance Oil
There’s nothing like the sweet scent of the holiday season to lift your spirits. You can relive the fall festive times throughout the year with this pumpkin-based candle fragrance oil. Its concoction of pumpkin, cinnamon, and gingerbread provides an authentic spice scent that is sure to linger in your room for hours.
- Not tested on animals
- Paraben- and gluten-free
- Designed to be used for a diffuser
- Long-lasting scent
- May not be suitable for making soap
3. Best Premium Quality: Yankee Candle Home Fragrance Oil
If you love the smell of islands, this Yankee candle fragrance oil could be the right choice for you. Add five to seven drops in the Yankee candle ultrasonic aroma diffuser or use to prepare candles and enjoy the sweet smell of vanilla, floral, and spice concoction that is sure to relax your senses.
- Made with natural oils
- Can spread the scent in minutes
- May not leave a lasting fragrance
Best Premium Quality
|Eternal Essence Oils Fragrance Oils||Our Own Candle Company Fragrance Oil||Yankee Candle Home Fragrance Oil|
|Package Dimensions || 3.25 x 1.5 x 1.5 inches; 3.21 Ounces||-||-|
|Dimensions||-||4 x 1.5 x 4 inches||4.72 x 2.36 x 0.5 inches.|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best For Aromatherapy: MitFlor Summer Fruit Essential Oils Set
Enjoy making candles with this natural candle fragrance oil kit from MitFlor. The bottles come with easy-to-use droppers for convenient and precise dispensing of the oil. With good water solubility, these fragrances can be used for aromatherapy and as bath salts and bombs. The sweet scent of fruits is also ideal for making candles and lotions. The pack includes six scents — pineapple, strawberry, guava, passion fruit, apple, and fig. Take a look at this video review, giving an insight into this product.
- Ideal present for loved ones
- Relaxing and soothing fragrances
- Can be used to make soaps
- Suitable for multiple spaces
- Could be mild for some
5. Best Long-Lasting: Mitflor Mint Fragrance Oils
The Mitflor fragrance oils are a set of six mint-based fragrance oils with distinct aromas. The refreshing aroma of rosemary mint blends well with other soothing scents such as coconut, eucalyptus, and cedarwood to create a fusion of fragrances. They are highly concentrated and suitable for use in skin products, scented candles, and freshener diffusers.
- Alcohol- and paraben-free
- Attractive packaging makes it perfect for gifting
- Long-lasting aroma
- Some scents may be overpowering
6. Best Light-Scented: Eternal Essentials Oils Gift Set
The premium-quality fragrance oils from Eternal are long-lasting and offer a rich aroma. With six variants in a single kit, you can make soaps, lotions, and shampoos at home. These scented oils contain no artificial aroma and can be used for skin and hair care too. They come with a dropper for accurate measurements. The set includes ylang-ylang, ocean breeze, sandalwood, lavender chamomile, mountain rain, and eucalyptus.
- Sweet scent
- Tested for safe use
- Light fragrance
- Can be used by those with sensitivity to strong smells
- May not last long when used with a diffuser
7. Best Cruelty-Free: Cozyours Candle Wax Dye Flakes & Fragrance Oils
The Cozyours fragrance oils with dye flakes fragrances make a unique candle making kit. The pack comes with16 colors and four scented oils, including lemon, eucalyptus, vanilla, and lavender. You can use any wax with these oils, make the candle of your choice and get a color mixing chart and two eBooks for a better candle-making experience.
- Safe on the skin
- Premium quality
- Cruelty-free and vegan
- Melting the dye could be difficult
8. Best Multi-Purpose: P&J Trading Fragrance Oil Set
The P&J fragrance kit contains high-quality scented oils and is ideal for multiple purposes, such as to make soaps, shampoos, and room sprays. According to reviewers, the rich aroma of these oils can uplift your mood at any time of the day. The bottles come with a dropper for the accurate addition of the oils. Get the pack and enjoy the fragrances of coffee cake, apple pie, brown sugar, hot chocolate, leather, and cafe mocha.
- Light and soothing smell
- Suitable with most waxes
- Safe on skin
- Not for lip balm making or internal use
9. Best Lightweight: Barnhouse Blue Premium Fragrance Oil
With a subtle smell, this fragrance oil from Barnhouse is a versatile pick. It is an aromatic blend of pine, rose, cherry blossom, clove, cinnamon, and other essential ingredients. The vanillin content of this oil ensures a relaxing fragrance that can be customized per your preference. You can use it in cosmetics or home care products such as room sprays, aroma diffusers, or other cleaning products.
- Comes with a dropper for easy measurement
- Premium-quality fragrance
- Suitable for multiple purposes
- May not be long-lasting
10. Best With Natural Ingredients: Nature’s Oil Warm Vanilla Sugar Fragrance Oil
Nature’s Oil warm vanilla sugar fragrance oil is ideal for soap making, skin care products, candle making, diffuser scent, bath bombs, potpourri, and massage oils among other varied uses. This oil comes packaged in a 60ml amber glass bottle with a safety seal cap and easy dropper dispenser for ease of use and application.
- Aroma is not too heavy
- Made with natural ingredients
- Scent spreads around instantly
- Beautiful amber glass bottle
- Fragrance may not be long-lasting
11. Best For Massage: Majestic Pure Sandalwood Oil
The Majestic Pure sandalwood oil is a blend of isolated compounds. The woodsy smell of sandalwood provides a soothing and calming effect. You can use this oil for aromatherapy in its concentrated form or dilute it with a carrier oil for use as a massage oil or skincare purposes.
- Heavily concentrated
- Has a sweet aroma
- Not tested on animals
- Comes with a glass dropper for convenient usage
- May require several drops for a lasting fragrance
12. Best Natural Fragrances: Soulsoy Candle Dye Flakes And Fragrance Oils
With a combination of dye flakes and scented oils, the Soulsoy kit is an ideal candle Option for DIYers. The pack has 16 bright colors and six sweet scents, including vanilla, cherry, cinnamon apple, lavender, magnolia, and rose. These scents are made of eco-friendly soy wax and are tested to be safe and gentle on the skin without causing any harsh reactions.
- Natural fragrances
- Easy-to-measure droppers
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Suitable for multiple purposes
- Wax may not dissolve well
13. Best Easy-To-Use: Lagunamoon Fragrance Oils
With 16 sweet scents, this wide range of fragrance oils from Lagunamoon is an ideal option for candle makers. The natural flower scents have a rich aroma and come with easy-to-use droppers. As these oils are toxic-free, you can use them in body and hair care products. The set includes the mesmerizing fragrance of rosemary, black orchid, ylang ylang, honeysuckle, peppermint, lily, jasmine, and a total of 16 different ingredients to meet your daily needs.
- 100% natural fragrance oils
- Not tested on animals
- Contains no gluten and parabens
- Scents may not be strong
How To Choose The Best Fragrance Oil?
If you’re confused with the list of options, here are a few points to keep in mind.
- Fragrance type: Choose the fragrance that you like. Synthetic oils are cheaper but have a strong smell, whereas natural oils are expensive and have a subtle aroma. It is essential to choose the type and flavor based on the purpose.
- Bottle design: Rubber lids on the bottle preserve the fragrance’s scent for a long time. Go for oils in dark bottles as darker shades prevent the oils from sun damage.
- Portion: Though fragrance oils come in small bottles, it is important to consider their proportions. Fragrance oil kits provide small quantities of each oil. If you do not wish to use all the oils, you can always search for single packs.
- Price: Natural oils with long-lasting fragrances are expensive. Cheaper oils are usually synthetic and may include harmful chemicals. Though a few natural oils can be purchased for a small price, you may have to adjust with the small portion size.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best candle fragrance oils in an informative manner after conducting extensive research on numerous user reviews and product listings. We have also offered some pointers regarding how to choose the best candle fragrance oil for your requirements based on factors such as fragrance type, bottle design, and portion. These fragrance oils will be the perfect addition to your next homemade scented candle project.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I make my candles smell stronger?
To make your candles smell stronger, you can increase the amount of candle fragrance oil in your candle. And adding them at the right temperature also plays an important role in making your candles smell stronger.
2. How many ounces of candle fragrance oil do I put in a candle?
You should start with a small amount of candle fragrance oil. Typically, you should add 0.5 to 1 ounce of fragrance oil per pound of wax. You can increase this amount if you want to make your candles smell stronger.
3. At what temperature do I add candle fragrance oil to my candles?
You should add candle fragrance oil to your candles at 180 to 185 F. However, it also depends on the flash point of the fragrance oil and the type of wax you’re using. Paraffin wax tends to melt faster than palm wax, and you should always add fragrance oil when the temperature of the wax is below the flash point of the fragrance oil you’re using.
This list of the best candle fragrance oils has been curated after considering multiple factors and going through numerous customer reviews. These oils bring out the best of aromas in a way you would want to get lost in their fragrance. Our favorite picks are the Yankee Candle Home Fragrance Oil formulated with natural oils, the multipurpose Eternal Essence Oils Fragrance Oils Set, which comes with a variety of scents, and the MitFlor Summer Fruit Essential Oils Set, which comes with six calming fruit scents and is easy to use with droppers. When purchasing these oils, ensure you know the type of fragrance you need. Lastly, the bottle should contain a sizable portion to last a long time. We hope this post will help you make an informed choice.
Infographic: How To Create Your Own Candle Fragrance Oil?
Candle-making is a good hobby and creative activity. You can make your own fragrance oil for the candles at home using different perfumes in various concentrations. Check out the following infographic to learn how to make a candle fragrance oil at home.