To make a scented candle, you need the best candle fragrance oils. These oils play a pivotal role in making the candles and deciding how your ambiance will smell. They are used in aromatherapy and make an essential ingredient for body care and hair care. For making scented oil that gives out the best fragrance, you will need oils made explicitly for making scented candles. The right concoction can emit some pleasant and therapeutic fragrances. Here, we have a list of some oils that are long-lasting and versatile. Read on to know more.
Our Top Picks
13 Best Candle Fragrance Oils
1. Best Overall: Good Essential Fragrance Oil Set
The Good Essentials fragrance oil set has ten different fragrance oils for candles, each offering a unique aroma. With ten exclusive fragrances in one box, this kit is a versatile pick. The fragrances included are pumpkin pie, gingerbread, apple cinnamon, hot chocolate, peppermint, apple cinnamon, cherry, candy cane, snickerdoodle, and brown sugar.
- Good-quality candle fragrances
- Can be used for making candles, lotions, and body care products
- Suitable for aromatherapy
- Ideal as a premium gift choice
- May require several drops for a lasting fragrance
2. Best Long-lasting Candle Fragrance Oil: Our Own Candle Company Fragrance Oil
There’s nothing like the sweet scent of the holiday season to lift the spirits. You can relive the fall festive times throughout the year with this pumpkin-based candle fragrance oil. Its concoction of pumpkin, cinnamon, and gingerbread provides an authentic spice scent that is sure to linger in your room for hours.
- Cruelty, paraben, and gluten-free
- Designed to be used for a diffuser
- For long-lasting scent in the surroundings
- May not be suitable for making soap
3. Best Premium Quality: Yankee Candle Home Fragrance Oil
If you love the smell of islands, this Yankee candle fragrance oil could be the right choice for you. Add five to seven drops in the Yankee candle ultrasonic aroma diffuser or use to prepare candles and enjoy the sweet smell of vanilla, floral, and spice concoction that is sure to relax your senses.
- Made with natural oils
- Can spread the scent in minutes
- May not leave a lasting fragrance
4. Best Candle Fragrance Oil For Aromatherapy: MitFlor Summer Fruit Essential Oils Set
Enjoy making candles with this natural candle fragrance oil kit from MitFlor. The bottles come with easy-to-use droppers for convenient and precise dispensing of the oil. With good water solubility, these fragrances can be used for aromatherapy and as bath salts and bombs. The sweet scent of fruits is also ideal for making candles and lotions. You get six scents, including pineapple, strawberry, guava, passion fruit, apple, and fig. Take a look at this video to learn more about this product.
- Ideal present for loved ones
- Relaxing and soothing fragrances
- Can be used to make soaps
- Suitable for multiple spaces
- Could be mild for some
5. Best For Air Freshener: NatureAnne Kentucky Bourbon Fragrance Oil
The mix of bourbon, rum, cognac, geranium, rose accords, and palmarosa gives a
strong candle fragrance oil with a subtle intoxicating effect. You can use its dropper for accurate measurement of the oil. Just a drop of this concentrated oil leaves a lasting fragrance when used in soaps, candles, shampoos, or shower gels. Remember to dilute it before using.
- Can be used as an air freshener
- Works well with any wax
- Sweet-smelling fragrance
- Can be used to remove the odor of smelly sneakers
- Maybe too intense for some
6. Best Light-Scented Candle Fragrance Oil: Eternal Essentials Oils Gift Set
The premium-quality fragrance oils from Eternal are long-lasting and offer a rich aroma. With six variants in a single kit, you can make soaps, lotions, and shampoos at home. These scented oils contain no artificial aroma and can be used for skin and hair care too. They come with a dropper for accurate measurements. The set includes ylang-ylang, ocean breeze, sandalwood, lavender chamomile, mountain rain, and eucalyptus.
- Sweet scent
- Safe to use
- Light fragrance
- Can be used by people with sensitivity to strong smells
- May not last long when used with a diffuser
7. Best Cruelty-free Candle Fragrance Oil: Cozyours Candle Wax Dye Flakes & Fragrance Oils
The Cozyours fragrance oils with dye flakes fragrances make a unique candle making kit. The pack comes with16 colors and four scented oils, including lemon, eucalyptus, vanilla, and lavender. You can use any wax with these oils, make the candle of your choice and get a color mixing chart and two eBooks for a better candle-making experience.
- Safe on the skin
- Cruelty-free, vegan
- Melting the dye could be difficult
8. Best Multi-purpose Candle Fragrance Oil: P&J Trading Fragrance Oil Set
The P&J fragrance kit contains high-quality scented oils and is ideal for multiple purposes, such as to make soaps, shampoos, and room sprays. The rich aroma of these oils can uplift your mood at any time of the day. The bottles come with a dropper for the accurate addition of the oils. Get the pack and enjoy the fragrances of coffee cake, apple pie, brown sugar, hot chocolate, leather, and cafe mocha.
- Light and soothing smell
- Suitable with most waxes
- Safe on skin
- Not for lip balm making or internal use
9. Best Lightweight Candle Fragrance Oil: Barnhouse Blue Premium Fragrance Oil
With a subtle smell, this fragrance oil from Barnhouse is a versatile pick. The vanillin content of this oil ensures a relaxing fragrance that can be customized as per your preference. You can use it in cosmetics or home care products such as room sprays, aroma diffusers, or other cleaning products.
- Comes with a dropper for easy measurement
- Premium-quality fragrance
- Suitable for multiple purposes
- May not be long-lasting
10. Best Paraben-free Candle Fragrance Oil: Fragrances &More Store Orange Blossom Fragrance Oil
The orange scent from Fragrances and More is made of natural ingredients and has a wonderful and subtle smell. If you like the sweet scent of oranges, this fragrance is for you. You can use the scented oil in cosmetics and body and bath products.
- Rich fragrance similar to the real fruit
- Free from parabens, glycols, petrochemicals, and phthalates
- Safe on skin
- Quantity could be less
11. Best for Bath And Massage Oils: Sig Wong Fragrance Oils
The scented oils from Sig Wong include varied flower fragrances and are suitable for use in the preparation of skincare products. With a wide array of aromas for DIYers, you can incorporate combinations of natural fragrances with these scented oils with fresh, subtle, and high-quality aroma. The pack contains mayflower, lotus, lavender, orchid, tulip, rose flowers, rose, plum blossom, gardenia, and jasmine fragrances.
- Highly concentrated scented oils
- Can be used as bath and massage oils
- Cruelty-free and food-grade oil
- Packaging could be flimsy
12. Best Natural Fragrances: Soulsoy Candle Dye Flakes and Fragrance Oils
With a combination of dye flakes and scented oils, the Soulsoy kit is an ideal candle Option for DIYers. The pack has 16 bright colors and six sweet scents, including vanilla, cherry, cinnamon apple, lavender, magnolia, and rose. These scents are made of eco-friendly soy wax and are safe on the skin, and do not cause any harsh reactions.
- Natural fragrances
- Easy-to-measure droppers
- Vegan, cruelty-free
- Suitable for multiple purposes
- Wax may not dissolve well
13. Best Easy to Use: Lagunamoon Fragrance Oils
With 16 sweet scents, this wide range of fragrance oils from Lagunamoon is an ideal option for candle makers. The natural flower scents have a rich aroma and come with easy-to-use droppers. As these oils are toxic-free, you can use them in body and hair care products. The set contains ten fragrances, including orange, grape, grapefruit, pineapple, coconut and vanilla, apple fresh, mango, peach, and mango.
- 100% natural fragrance oils
- Cruelty-free product
- Contains no gluten and parabens
- Scents may not be strong
How To Choose The Right Fragrance Oil?
If you’re confused with the list of options, here are a few points to keep in mind.
- Fragrance type: Choose the fragrance that you like. Synthetic oils are cheaper but have a strong smell, whereas natural oils are expensive and have a subtle aroma. It is essential to choose the type and flavor based on the purpose.
- Bottle design: Rubber lids on the bottle preserve the fragrance’s scent for a long time. Go for oils in dark bottles as darker shades prevent the oils from sun damage.
- Portion: Though fragrance oils come in small bottles, it is important to consider their proportions. Fragrance oil kits provide small quantities of each oil. If you do not wish to use all the oils, you can always search for single packs.
- Price: Natural oils with long-lasting fragrances are expensive. Cheaper oils are usually synthetic and may include harmful chemicals. Though a few natural oils can be purchased for a small price, you may have to adjust with the small portion size.
Why Trust MomJunction?
We have compiled this list of the best candle fragrance oils in an informative manner after conducting extensive research on numerous user reviews and product listings. We have also offered some pointers regarding how to choose the best candle fragrance oil for your requirements based on factors such as fragrance type, bottle design, and portion. These fragrance oils will be the perfect addition to your next homemade scented candle project.
There are innumerable fragrance oils in the market these days that could confuse you when looking for good quality and long-lasting oil. Compare the products of different brands and find the fragrance suitable for you. Pick a versatile one that can help you make candles, soaps, and other cosmetics to save money.