Burning some scented candles can help you relax, rejuvenate, and add to the room’s decor. So, we have created a list of the best candle lighters for your convenience. Lighting candles can be an annoying task when you’re running out of time, but candle lighters make this task easy. Some candles come with deep wicks or narrow mouths, making it difficult to reach them for lighting. That’s when candle lighters come into play.
Candle lighters are a better alternative to matchsticks; they are economical, stylish, convenient, and long-lasting. They have long and flexible wand necks, keeping your fingers safe. These candle lighters can also access difficult-to-reach places. You’ll love how versatile they are, and you can use them multiple times before being recharged as they are powered by butane or electricity. So, go ahead and check out the list of tried-and-tested candle lighters to choose the right one.
11 Best Candle Lighters For Your Convenience In 2023
Using the latest technology and with several levels of safety systems in place, this candle lighter assures you of complete protection. Its multiple safety systems include a certified-safe battery, smart chip, safety switch, short circuit protection, 6 seconds automatic power cut-off, and overload and overheating protection. This arc lighter has an LED light battery display for the battery life and can be used about 600 times on a single charge. It features a flexible wand neck, which is about 10cm in length and can be rotated 360° for different lighting needs. The wind and splash-proof design prevents the electric pulse from being blown out by wind or rain. It is very convenient while camping, grilling, or cooking as it lights up in seconds. This video review will take you through this product’s tested details.
- No butane
- No open flame
- Lightweight and stylish design
- Recycled paper packaging
- Includes a USB charging cable and gift box
- Certified-safe battery
- Has a short arc
The Suprus electric candle lighter has a plasma-tech design and can be used for multiple indoor or outdoor activities as it doesn’t get affected by strong winds or rain. It is lightweight and portable with a treble safety design, requiring you to push the safety lock before you can press the ignition switch. It also has a seven-second auto shut-off feature and multiple protection features, making it a tested and safe product. The built-in battery can be easily recharged using the USB-C port provided at the bottom, and the LED feature shows you the current battery level at all times.
- CE, RoHS, UL-certified
- Short circuit protection
- Overload protection
- Overheating protection
- Overcharge protection
- Available in multiple color options
- Sleek design
- Includes a user manual
- Gift-ready box
- Zapping sound may upset pets
- Battery may drain out quickly
3. Best Windproof: THiFan Candle Lighter
With features such as a safety lock, auto switch-off ignition, and triple protection, this rechargeable candle lighter makes a safe option. The FCC/CE/ROHS-certified candle lighter is crafted with high-quality yet lightweight stainless steel material and is suitable for both outdoor and indoor use, as it can withstand both wind and rain. With a Li-ion battery, this USB electric arc candle lighter can be used approximately 500 times on a full charge. It features a premium quality type-C cable and knitted wire, which is quicker and more convenient to charge. It uses plasma tech in place of harmful butane, making it safe, and is equipped with four-grid power prompts for safe charging. Though the tips are made of heat-resistant ceramics, which are easy to clean with a soft cloth, the lighter is made available at an affordable price.
- Windproof design
- Easy maintenance
- Easily portable
- No fuel, gas, or flame
- Igniting spark auto stops after seven seconds for safety
- Some feel the sound has a very high frequency.
Reidea’s candle lighter is convenient and safe to use as it has a retractable tip and a child-safety lock. The anti-slip switch and auto shut-off function add to its safety quotient. Moreover, this tried-and-tested electric lighter is USB-rechargeable, making it convenient to charge with your laptop, phone, or power bank. Once fully charged, you can use it for igniting candles, stoves, and more for about 60 times. The arc heating system allows quick heat generation, while its zinc alloy body lets it cool down immediately after usage.
- Quality zinc-alloy body
- Fast heat sinking
- Easy to use
- Lightweight at just 33g
- May emit a peculiar noise
- Battery’s performance may be lower than expected
5. Best Splash-Proof: VEHHE Candle Lighter
Equipped with a lithium battery, this pack of 2 electric lighter candles can be used several hundred times on one charge. Its LED power display helps you to see how much charge is left so that you are never caught off-guard. It has a long, flexible neck that can rotate 360° and easily reach difficult-to-reach places without burning your fingers. It features a safety lock and a seven-second automatic power switch-off function, and disconnects if the temperature is too high. Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use, it can also be used while hiking, camping, or firing a grill. Crafted with durable zinc alloy, the lighters measure 11.5 x 1.2 x 1.2 inches, and can be charged on computers, mobile phones, and other rechargeable devices.
- Convenient and portable
- Includes 2 USB charging cables
- Includes a gift box
- Some feel the flame could be bigger.
6. Best Easy-To-Use: Meiruby Electric Candle Lighter
Being both splash-proof and windproof, this electric lighter for candles can be used even in wet and windy weather conditions. This rechargeable USB lighter can be used up to 600 times on a single charge, and features 4 LED lights to display the charge level as well. It has a sleek and attractive design and is both smell- and spark-free, making it comfortable and convenient to use. It features an on/off button and an 8-second automatic power switch-off for added safety, a switch button to ignite it, and an ARC pulse ignition. It takes just eight seconds to light a candle, and this multi-purpose candle lighter can also be used as a barbeque lighter.
- High temperature protection
- Effective leakage protection
- Open circuit protection
- Certified-safe battery
- Includes a USB charging cable
- Available in several colors
- It makes a high-pitched noise that may disturb animals.
Extremely easy to use, all you need to do is switch on the power and press the ignition button when using this lighter. This prevents accidental ignition, and coupled with the 8 seconds automatic cut-off, makes it extremely safe. Designed with flameless plasma technology, it’s both windproof and splash-proof, and works well outdoors in windy or wet weather. Its USP is an in-built LED flashlight which is really handy in dark areas. Incredibly sturdy and durable, this rechargeable candle lighter is constructed with zinc alloy and ABS plastic. Its rechargeable battery can ignite up to 500 times on a single charge, and the lighter features LED indicators to display the amount of charge. This versatile lighter is not just perfect for candles, but also campfires, barbecues, or hiking.
- FC, CE, and ROHS-certified
- Requires no butane or fuel
- Ergonomic grip
- Elegant design
- Includes a USB cable
- Full charge in 2 hours
- Some feel it could hold charge longer.
This teal blue electric plasma arc candle lighter eliminates the emission of gas, smoke, and odor, and is perfect for both outdoor and indoor use with its revolutionary flameless technology. It has several safety measures in place such as a 7-second auto power switch-off when not in use, auto power off when fully charged, a retractable arc head, and intelligent overheat protection. All you have to do is push up the safety switch and press the power button. The contacts on the head are crafted with premium quality alumina ceramic, which is temperature-resistant and durable. The case is made of aluminum alloy so that the heat dissipates quickly after use. It can be recharged with the included USB cable, works up to 600 times on a single charge, and has LED lights to display the charge.
- Has LED lights to display the charge
- Extremely easy to use
- Conserves energy
- Adjustable burner
- Low noise
- Wide application
- Certified-safe battery
- The battery may drain quite fast.
This tried-and-tested electric lighter for candles is designed to provide multiple protection to the user. The power safety lock switch just needs to be opened to press the ignition switch. The igniting spark will automatically stop after 7 seconds of igniting. The splash-proof and windproof candle lighter can be used both indoors and outdoors, in wind and humidity. This USB rechargeable lighter features a lithium-ion battery, and can ignite up to 600 times on a single charge. It also features an LED battery display to indicate the battery charge so that you know exactly when it needs recharging, and an LED flashlight to make it easier to use in dark areas. It has a hook design for convenient hanging when not in use.
- Versatile use
- Designed with zinc alloy and ABS plastic
- Extremely lightweight
- Portable and convenient
- Overload protection
- Overheating protection
- Includes a USB cable
- Its zapping sound may upset pets.
10. Best Versatile: Zippo Mini MPL Candle Lighter
This butane candle lighter has a rugged and durable metal construction with a brushed chrome finish. It features a patented safety lock button which is child-resistant, and only allows the ignition switch to engage when it is released. It is a refillable candle lighter equipped with an advanced and soft touch ignition for easy lighting. All you need to do is slide the switch forward and then hold it to maintain the flame. It’s very simple and convenient to fill with butane, and is great for lighting candles, fireplaces, and grills.
- Versatile use
- Torch style flame
- Made from premium and high-quality materials
- Flame intensity is not adjustable
Crafted with aluminum alloy material, this candle lighter features a retractable neck that can be adjusted according to requirement, and even be used in narrow spaces. The windproof and flameless candle lighter can be easily used outdoors and is not affected by wet or windy weather. It features an LED flashlight with a miniature bulb that is convenient for both ignition and lighting in darker areas. It’s armed with multiple protection functions— it switches off automatically after 7 seconds of continuous ignition, the power switches off when not in use, and its safety lock design is safe for children. It features a 280mAh lithium battery, and has LED indicator lights to show the battery charge. This electric arc lighter is crafted with premium aluminum alloy and ABS and has excellent durability.
- Arc pulse ignition
- IC integrated module design
- Full charge in 30 to 60 minutes
- Can be charged on the computer or power bank
- Some feel the USB cord could be longer.
How To Choose The Right Lighters For Candles?
Here are a few pointers you should consider so that you get the most durable, efficient, and convenient option.
- Design: The design of each lighter depends on the function for which it is intended. You should check out the weight and shape of the lighter, as well as the material it is made of, its flexibility, and the nozzle length. Usually a long and flexible nozzle is desirable to light a candle even if the wick is short or sunken or if it’s in a tall vase or candle holder. Lightweight lighters are also a better option as they are easily portable.
You also have the option of choosing other types of lighters. For instance, you may consider electric rechargeable lighters with a charging cable or a lighter that runs on refillable liquid like butane and uses real flame for lighting. You can also choose a design that appeals to you and matches your candlesticks and candle holders. If possible, they should blend in with your other decorations and be convenient to use.
- Durability: It’s advisable to go for a lighter that can hold charge for a long time as it’s not always convenient or possible to charge it at short notice. You should consider how many times it can be used before it requires recharging or refilling. It should also be crafted with a durable and sturdy material that will not stop working or break easily, and should always come with a warranty. It should be able to handle normal wear and tear, and should be able to stand up on its own so that you don’t hurt yourself while trying to light a candle in a strong wind.
- Safety: Choose a candle lighter that guarantees the safety of children and yourself, and preferably has an on/off button for added safety. Many candle lighters come with a child safety lock, or have an automatic shut-off switch in case you forget to turn it off. Also check if it has been certified by a regulatory body.
- Ease of use: Lighting a candle should be an incredibly easy and hassle-free thing to do. The best candle lighters should be comfortable to hold, with a non-slip grip, and should ignite with a single flick. There should be soft touch ignition switches, but not so soft that it lights up without warning. If you plan on using the lighter outdoors, choose one that can ignite even when it is windy and wet outside.
- Versatility: You should be able to use your candle lighter for other things as well, like igniting stoves, for camping, grills, or to light a cigarette. Choose one that comes with windproof technology and is small enough to be carried in your pocket so that it can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Duration of flame: The efficiency of your candle lighter to a large extent is determined by how long the flame stays ignited. It can be extremely frustrating if it goes out in a few seconds. Also, if it’s a gas lighter you should be able to use it quite a few times before needing to refill it.
- Gas type: Both butane and lighter fluid work well, but some people feel that butane leaves a taste in their food. In that case, it’s better to use a lighter fluid like paraffin as fuel. It may be a bit more expensive, but your food will retain its original flavor.
- Candle height: Though not mandatory, your lighter should be in sync with the height of your candles so that it doesn’t look mismatched— taller candles should ideally be lighted with taller candle lighters, while shorter candles should be lighted with flatter and wider lighters.
- Ignition switch: If your candle lighter has a manual switch, it may take more time to light all the candles, especially if it’s for a special event. Some lighters come with an automatic ignition system that are more convenient and faster than manual lighters. Also many people do not like using the flint system as they require more maintenance, and much prefer the piezoelectric ignition which is faster.
- Adjustment wheel for the height: Some candle lighters can have their height adjusted according to how you hold it, to ensure that the flame is at a safe distance from your skin, thus preventing accidents and injuries.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is an experienced writer and reviewer of household goods and items. To generate this informative content on the best candle lighters, he has considered top-rated user reviews and factored in product features such as nozzle length, child-lock mechanism, durability, and power sources. These products also stand out from the rest as they are durable, compact, and functional. He has also considered their versatility, lighters that can also be used for outdoor adventures, such as camping.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a Zippo good for lighting candles?
Zippos can light candles that are not kept inside a container. However, it is very hard to reach and light the candle wick with a zippo when the candle is kept inside a container.
2. How long does a candle lighter last?
If quartz is used as a piezoelectric material in a candle lighter, it tends to last longer than others. A standard rechargeable candle lighter can typically last between 500 to 1000 uses.
3. How should I store candle lighters?
You should always store candle lighters away from direct sunlight, and they should be kept high enough to be out of reach of children.
4. Should I refill a candle lighter?
Yes, some candle lighters can be refilled with lighter fuels like butane and paraffin wax. These are some steps to easily refill a candle lighter:
● Hold your candle lighter upside down, open the refill valve, then take a pin or a screwdriver and push it fully inside the refill valve to remove any remaining air from it.
● Take a can of butane and insert its nozzle in the refill valve, then press the can to fill the lighter.
● After the small window indicates that the lighter is filled completely, close the refill valve.
Whether you are planning a romantic date or outdoor camping trip, you will need the best candle lighters. A candle lighter is also quite versatile and can be used to ignite stoves and grills. At some point, when you choose to switch to a candle lighter, you must consider all safety features such as a child-safety lock, overload protection, and automatic switch-off function. A lighter that is lightweight and features a flexible nozzle makes an ideal pick. Also, one that is ergonomically designed and has an adjustment wheel for the height makes using the tool effortless. Further, it is wise to consider one made of durable and eco-friendly material and is rechargeable to ensure long-lasting use.
Infographic: A Brief Buying Guide For A Candle Lighter
A candle lighter is an economical alternative to a matchbox. They protect you from unexpected burns, which often occur when using a matchstick. But selecting a candle lighter that serves your purpose can be challenging. Go through the infographic below to learn more about the features that help choose the right lighter.