Bangalore emerges as one of the top-performing cities in the board exams. This is because the top CBSE schools in Bangalore provide a perfect environment for children to learn and grow. However, choosing the right one for your child is a challenge with several schools in the city. So to help you with that, we have listed some of the best schools that are guaranteed to aid education and the overall development of children. From curriculum to campus facilities and contact details, you will learn about each school in detail.
15 Best CBSE Schools In Bangalore
1. NPS Koramangala:
Rightly placed at the top of the list, NPS- KRM, is hands down one of the best schools in the city. Known to produce IITians and IIMians, this school was founded by Gopal Krishna, a veteran educationist with the motto of helping children unlock their hidden potential and excel at what they do. While an admission to this school is hard to come by, you simply can’t pass up an opportunity to admit your child to this school.
- The school follows the CBSE syllabus and classes from nursery until 12.
- This is an English medium day school that admits both boys and girls.
- The focus is on academic excellence, but students are allowed to take part in various co-curricular activities too.
- The school has spacious and ventilated classrooms. All the classrooms have large bulletin boards to stick up trivia and other interesting facts.
- The library is well stocked with encyclopedias, periodicals, maps, journals and CD-ROMs that can be used by both teachers and students.
- A state-of-the-art computer lab is present on the campus. All computers have the P4 configuration.
- The science labs are brightly lit and equipped to meet the needs of learners.
National Games Village Complex, 80 Ft Road,
Koramangala, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560047
Phone No: 080-5705171
2. HAL Public School:
One look at the school’s impressionable building and you will want to admit your child right away. The serene atmosphere coupled with state-of-the-art modern infrastructure makes the school a haven for learning. It has been ranked as one of the top 10 CBSE schools in Bangalore.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and has classes from Nursery to 12.
- Morning assemblies, field trips, and excursions are part of learning at HAL.
- Children are also motivated to take part in art, music, and dance.
- The presence of Science, English, Social Science and Math helps students collaborate and learn from peers with similar interests.
- Nestled among trees, this school has all the amenities a student needs to learn and excel.
- Block A houses the library, AV room, and senior classes.
- Block B houses the labs, art room, and music room.
- A big playground on the campus allows students to rejuvenate themselves.
Suranjandass Road, Opp HAL Staff College,
Vimana Pura, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560017
Phone No: 080-5270702
3. National Academy Of Learning:
National Academy Of Learning is another unit of the NPS group founded by Dr Gopal Krishna. The school is a happy haven for children to discover and learn. It is tucked away in a small residential part of Basaveshwarnagar.
- This is a co-educational school that follows the CBSE syllabus and has classes from nursery to 12.
- The school looks beyond sheer academics and strives to provide holistic education and well-rounded development to each of its students by ensuring regular parent-teacher interaction.
- The school follows a continuous assessment methodology; students are graded via tests, projects, artwork, and several presentations. Learning is made fun and interesting for better performance and academic results.
- Children are introduced to age-appropriate sports and are trained under experienced physical education teachers.
- NAFL is a four storied building that overlooks a vast playground. It has well-ventilated classrooms.
- A user-friendly library, built over the years, stocks resources, maps, encyclopedias, and other reference material for students.
- The school also has rooftop labs that make learning a fun and joyous experience.
- The audio visual room has a capacity of 300 seats!
III Cross, III Stage, III Block,
Basweshwar Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560079
4. Sri Kumaran Children’s Home:
Sri Kumaran Children’s Home or Kumarans school, as it is more popularly known, is a school with a difference. It has built itself a solid reputation. Founded by Anasuya Devi in 1959, the school has come a long way since its inception. The school has a stimulating and a very supportive ambiance that makes it a home away from home for students.
- The school offers State, CBSE, and ICSE syllabi. However, the CBSE wing is the most popular.
- The curriculum, despite being largely inspired by the CBSE syllabus, also includes other enriching activities that make children eager to learn and does not stifle their creativity and innovation.
- The integrated curriculum is easy to follow and is imparted by a pool of highly educated teachers.
- As with most CBSE schools, Kumarans too follows a three language formula. Students learn English, Hindi, and Kannada at the school.
- Co-curricular activities such as pottery, swimming, and drawing are highly motivated and encouraged.
No.28/4, House List No.140, Doddakallasandra,
Kanakapura Road, Uttarahalli, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560062
Founded in 2007, this school follows a teaching methodology designed to develop social skills, independent thinking, emotional intellect, and overall personality development.
- The day boarding and residential school offers classes from kindergarten to XII.
- It has an average class size of 22 students.
- The student to teacher ratio is 8:1.
- The school is built on 34 acres and has smart classrooms, playground, and science and computer labs.
- The campus has courts for basketball, soccer, tennis, cricket, volleyball and various other indoor games. It has a swimming pool too.
- The cafeteria provides breakfast, lunch, and dinner for residential students.
Near Electronics City,
Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560105
Phone No: +91 99723 99046/47
6. Jyothy Kendriya Vidyalaya:
JYOTHY CHARITABLE TRUST runs this school. The school was inaugurated in 1989 and is run by educationist Dr. B.N.V. Subrahmanya. The staff and management of the school firmly believe in creating a platform for children to develop critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities. They also aim to mold students into adults conscious of their social responsibility.
- The school follows the CCE methodology of education that was recently introduced by the CBSE board. It has classes from LKG to 12.
- The school also focuses on co-scholastic areas such as life skills and values.
- Art, drama, dance, sports, and games are also taught at the school.
- The school strongly believes in imparting quality education but adapts to the latest advancements and technology. The state-of-the-art facilities in the school nurture children’s minds and encourage them to learn in a conducive environment.
- The school campus has a large audio visual room, modern labs and resource rooms.
- Apart from the amenities mentioned above, the school also has an indoor swimming pool and a cafeteria.
Yelachenahalli, Kanakapura Road,
Bangalore, Karnataka – 560078
7. K L E Society School:
The school run by KLE group is known to be one of the best schools in its area. For years, the group of institutions strived to be global leaders in education and research.
- The school follows the CBSE syllabus and has classes from Nursery to 12. It is an English medium co-educational school.
- Teachers and faculty are well trained and help in the overall development of each student. The student-teacher ratio in each class is 21:1.
- All classrooms are digitally enabled, and props and projects are helping children learn concepts.
- The school has digital classrooms, a large assembly, a playground, and a small canteen.
- The library is well-stocked with all the books needed by both teachers and students.
- Laboratories are modern, well-lit and have all the equipment needed by students.
S Nijalinagapna College Campus,
II Block, Rajajinagar, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560010
Phone No: 080-23429807
8. Kendriya Vidyalaya:
KVs, like many of you already know, cater to the growth and educational needs of children of parents working for the Central Government. The syllabus and methodologies the schools follow are designed by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. However, each school takes the onus to adapt its way of teaching to meet the advancements of today’s growing world and render their students well-rounded development of the mind, body and soul.
- The school has classes 1 to 12, is co-educational and follows the CBSE syllabus. NCERT books are the guides to teaching at KV- ASC.
- The school teaches three languages- English, Hindi, and Sanskrit. The local language is not taught at the school.
- Students can opt for arts or science streams in Class 11.
- Subjects such as computer science and business studies are also taught at the school.
- Co-curricular activities are given high precedence, and students are encouraged to join scouts and guides.
- The school immaculately maintains the campus.
- A large playground allows students to indulge in recreational sports such as volleyball, cricket, and hockey.
- The school also has an indoor table tennis room.
- 60 classrooms, four labs, and three computer labs are part of the campus. The labs are all well equipped with modern apparatus and all other paraphernalia needed.
A.S.C.Centre South, Victoria Road,
Bangalore, Karnataka – 560047
9. National Hill View Public School:
National Hill View public school is yet another popular school in Bangalore. Set atop a hillock, this school is equipped with all the modern amenities that a student will need. The school’s main focus is to empower students to achieve success in all spheres.
- The school has an all-important accreditation from the Govt. of Karnataka and follows the CBSE syllabus. Though they follow the CBSE syllabus which is rather well planned, the school incorporates small changes and adapts new methodologies to enable an all-round development for children.
- Both academic and extracurricular activities are given equal importance.
- English, Mathematics, Social, Physical and Biological Sciences, and Computers form the mainstream subjects.
- Hindi, Sanskrit, and Kannada are also essential subjects.
- The NHVPS campus has state-of-the-art facilities for not just academic but also non-academic pursuits, which promote discipline, inclusivity, and diversity in the classroom. It has large ventilated classrooms and audio visual centers to aid the learning process.
- The science labs are up to date with the latest technological advancements.
- The library is well stocked and also has a special multimedia center corner for browsing.
Ideal Home Township,
Rajarajeshwari Nagar, Bangalore – 560098
Phone No: 080-8602487
10. Presidency School:
Presidency School is a co-educational school that relentlessly strives to provide education to the highest standards and also career guidance. Run by the Presidency group, founded in 1976, the school is one of the most popular and sought after schools in South Bangalore. Since its inception, the school has set itself goals to better its services and is now a benchmark in the field of education.
- The school is co-educational and admits children based on an admission test. It follows the CBSE syllabus.
- Educational trips and excursions form an integral part of learning at Presidency.
- The school also arranges treks and summer camps so students can utilize their time constructively during vacation.
- Folk music, dance and public speaking are encouraged.
- Classrooms are large and well ventilated with big windows that let in bright light and gusts of fresh air.
- Classrooms are adorned with children’s projects that give them a sense of ownership and belongingness.
- Play areas house child-friendly equipment and open spaces to indulge in other sports.
- Libraries are well stocked with books, and the labs have all hi-tech equipment needed.
- The school provides transportation to those interested in availing the same.
Sy No 80/2 80/3 82/2 82/3, Belekahalli,
Off Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560076.
Phone No: 080-23636173
11. Sri Aurobindo Memorial School:
This school was founded with the blessings of the Supreme Divine Mother of Aurobindo Ashram, Dr. Santoshananda, his wife, and his eldest daughter, several decades ago. It is now run by Mr. Rajarshi Vasishtha, a visionary who strives for perfection in everything he does.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE Board and has classes from 1 to 10.
- Great emphasis is laid upon education. A while some well-tailored methodology of teaching is followed in the school.
- Literary activities, sports, and value education, are part of the curriculum.
- The medium of instruction is English and students also get to learn Kannada, Hindi, and Sanskrit.
- Regular assessments are conducted throughout the year.
- The school is spread over 3 acres of land with two blocks on the grounds.
- The primary section works out of the Progress building while the Harmony building houses classrooms for middle and high school.
- A serene and beautiful meditation hall houses relics of Lord Sri Aurobindo.
- There are separate halls for music, dance, and art.
- First aid rooms and well-equipped labs are part of the school campus.
13-A, Main Road, 22nd Cross,
Banashankari II- Stage, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560070
12. The Oxford Senior Secondary School:
Oxford Institutions was founded in 1974. What started as a modest effort to provide quality education has grown exponentially over the years. Oxford is now a well-known group that has schools, engineering, and dental colleges. The Oxford Senior Secondary School, which is a part of the group is located in South Bangalore, and has the reputation of being one of the good CBSE schools in Bangalore city.
- The school has classes from LKG to 12 and follows the CBSE syllabus.
- Art education and physical education is part of learning at Oxford.
- Students learn English, Hindi, and Kannada. Interested students can also learn French at the school.
- Personality development, work education, and visual arts are also given importance at Oxford and form a part of the curriculum.
- Like most leading schools, Oxford has all the amenities needed for students to explore, learn, and grow. The classrooms are well ventilated and airy thus creating a conducive, non-stifling environment for children to study.
- Students can analyze and solve problems using computers or just try their hand in animations in the large well-maintained computer labs.
- The school also boasts of well-equipped labs for all science subjects.
- An audio visual room, biotech lab, and well-stocked library are other facilities that students can make use of.
I-Phase, J P Nagar, Bangalore, Karnataka – 560078
13. St. Sophia Convent:
Established in the year 1998, this school offers an innovative style of education. It has been awarded the International School Award Program of the British Council.
- St. Sophia Convent offers CBSE curriculum and is a co-educational day boarding school.
- It offers classes from nursery.
- It has a huge playground for various sports and has a swimming pool tie-up with MV Club.
- The school has computer and science laboratories, library, Abacus and Vedic Maths classes and a resource center for slow learning students.
- It offers transportation facility, health awareness camp and science awareness program for the students.
- The school also has counseling sessions for all the students.
CA No. 6, 10th Block,
2nd Stage, Nagarabhavi,
Phone No: +91 080 2348 3888 / 6455 4196
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Brigade School:
The school, strategically located in the heart of JP Nagar, aims at providing students an ambiance to learn, and be proud of their achievements. It helps children grow strong roots so their flight into the future is successful and rewarding.
- The school follows the CBSE syllabus and has classes Nursery to 12.
- This day school is co-educational and has a student-teacher ratio of 21: 1
- Students are motivated to take part in co-curricular activities.
- The school is located within the sprawling 22-acre Brigade Millenium campus.
- It has spacious, well-ventilated classrooms and bright walkways and well-lit hallways.
- The USP of the school is the wall encyclopedias that are well thought of and hold information for kids to learn.
- All labs are well equipped, large and airy.
- The library also has an audio-visual corner.
J P Nagar 7th Phase, Bangalore,
Karnataka – 560078
Phone No: 080-57602626
15. PSBB Learning Leadership Academy:
The school was set up by the Learning leadership academy in collaboration with the reputed Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan Group. This CBSE school in Bangalore endeavors to make every student a leader with grounded values and ethics.
- The school follows the CBSE syllabus and has classes from Nursery to 12.
- This day school is co-educational and admits both boys and girls on merit.
- Yoga, shloka chanting, Indian and Western music, and dance are taught in the school.
- The school has a large playground that is equipped with facilities to indulge in games like football, volleyball, table tennis, and cricket.
- The school has a fleet of buses that enable students to travel to school with ease.
- The labs and libraries are well maintained.
- Audiovisual rooms and an amphitheater are also part of the school campus.
# 52, Sahasra Deepika Road, Laxmipura Village,
Near Tulip Resort, Off Bannerghatta Main Road,
Bangalore, Karnataka 560083
Phone: 080 2783 7021
Keep this list of top CBSE schools in Bangalore handy while exploring a school that gives global exposure to your child. You must also ensure that apart from top ranking, the school is suitable for your child’s needs and can give them the best education. Although we have added the best schools to the list, parents are advised to visit the schools personally, talk to the authorities about everything they wish to know, and talk to the parents of existing school students. This can give you first-hand information about things like the admission process, fees, alumni network, and help you decide better about choosing a school.
Disclaimer: “The list of schools has been taken from various surveys done by third-party print and online publications. MomJunction was not involved in the surveys nor it has any business partnerships with the schools covered in the list. This post is not an endorsement of the schools and parents’ discretion is advised in selecting a school.”
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the academic calendar for CBSE schools in Bangalore?
The academic calendar of different schools in Bangalore varies. You can find it on a specific school’s website. These dates also differ as per the standard in which a child is. Usually, the school opens earlier for higher classes.
2. What is the duration of the academic year in CBSE schools in Bangalore?
All CBSE schools in any state in India follow a singular academic session. Generally, the new session begins in the first week of April and ends in March of the following year.
3. What are the eligibility criteria for teachers in CBSE schools in Bangalore?
Teachers in CBSE-certified schools need to have bachelor’s or master’s degrees in their respective fields. To teach specific subjects, they should also have completed a bachelor of education (B.Ed) course from a recognized university. This criterion is as per Section 23 of The Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education (RTE) Act 2009 (1).
Let’s explore the top CBSE schools in Bangalore. From implementing creative teaching methods to encouraging complete personality development, these institutions redefine excellence. Join us on a journey through Bangalore’s educational landscape.
- Qualifications and other details for appointment of teachers.