Popularly known as the Oxford of the East, Pune is home to some of the top research institutions, including the National AIDS Research Institute and The Indian Institute for Science Education and Research, and educational facilities for defense personnel-the National Defence Academy. Also, several top CBSE schools in Pune are known for providing quality education. CBSE education is one of the most sought-after curriculums in India, where children can earn capabilities to continue higher education in premium institutes. This post lists some of the best CBSE schools in Pune that you can consider for your child’s education.
20 Top CBSE Schools In Pune
1. DAV Public School:
Established in 2003, the DAV Public school imparts the best education to its students and focuses on all-round development by implementing a learning culture that involves conceptual clarity and illustrative presentations.
- This school follows a CBSE curriculum and has a co-ed classroom system.
- It makes use of its superior infrastructural facilities for better learning techniques.
- It promotes sports like Cricket, Soccer, lawn tennis, table tennis, volleyball, and badminton.
- This school also encourages students to participate in athletics and football.
- This school comes with a computer lab and science laboratories.
- It has a large playground and a library that ensures that its students are well read.
- This school also has a canteen that serves fresh, wholesome food.
D.A.V. PUBLIC SCHOOLS.No. 157,
PLOT NO 31, D. P ROAD Pune – 411007
2. Delhi Public School:
The school was established in 2003 by the Delhi Public School Society and is located in Nyati County, Pune. It offers schooling from Nursery to the 12th grade.
- Featuring a CBSE board curriculum, this school has established itself as one of the best K-12 institutions in western India.
- This school follows the co-ed classroom system and encourages a host of co-curricular activities.
- The school has a spacious campus with well-lit, airy classrooms and an outdoor theater.
- The swimming pools and beautifully landscaped laws of this school campus cater to its aesthetics.
- Even the classrooms are networked with computers and connected to servers and CD caches for instant access to the Web.
- The school also houses a well-equipped gym, a cafeteria that serves fresh food and houses a waste-recycling plant.
- The students can commute to the school via a school bus.
Nyati County, Pune – 411060
3. Air Force School:
The Air Force CBSE School in pune city is one of the most prestigious schools in India. This school is registered with the IAF Educational and Cultural Society.
- The school is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education in New Delhi.
- The state education department recognizes this school as a “No Grants-In-Aid” school.
- The Air Force School provides schooling from L.K.G to the 12th grade.
- This school ensures that its students are kept well informed with a huge library and computer facility.
- The teachers teach students through the Edunet system Technical Aid, a kit that has a hardware card.
- Audio and video broadcasts can be made through headphones from the teacher machine to all the other machines.
- The Intel Program aims at helping teachers to use computers as teaching aids.
Air Force Campus, Viman Nagar,
Pune – 411032
4. Army Public School:
The Army Public School was established in the June of 1988 to provide high-standard education to the children of Defense personnel. This school instills self-confidence in its students and helps them take on obstacles without worrying about the result.
- This school follows the CBSE curriculum and comes with two wings – the senior and the junior.
- In this school, schooling is provided from 1st grade to 12th grade.
- The admission in this school is granted all-year-round.
- This school has an art room that’s meant to help students use their creative potentials to the fullest.
- This school has a neat basketball court and other facilities for outdoor activities.
- It comes with Science laboratories, smart classrooms, computer labs and a library.
- The school also has a full-time counselor who helps the students in tackling everyday issues.
- A well-equipped gymnasium helps provide weight training for athletes.
Southern Command, Near Race Course Pune – 411001
5. Pune International School:
This school is located in Sector 29, Ravet, Pune. With this school’s timetable and the number of working days, the school functions for about 200 days in a year. This school aims at providing a peaceful and stimulating environment where the students can perform to their full potential.
- The syllabus and the text books followed by students in this school are based on the CBSE board curriculum. The classrooms have a mix of both boys and girls.
- Here, at PIS, the students take a more practical approach to learning as projects, activities, group work and group discussions form a major part of the curriculum.
- The school encourages its students to take part in competitions in Inter-Class, Inter-House and Inter-School levels.
- Dance, art, and theater are part of the school’s curriculum.
- The school provides transportation facilities for students throughout the year.
- This school has a large playground and an auditorium.
Chikali Pradhikaran & Ravet Pune – 411026
6. The Orchid School:
Formed by a community of educationists, the Orchid School is situated at Baner, in Pune. This school was founded by the Pradnya Niketan Education Society. (P.N.E.S)
- Orchid integrates student-based learning and curriculum-based learning with life experiences and provides children with a productive learning environment.
- The school features the CBSE curriculum, and follows the co-ed classroom system.
- Children are trained to be lifelong learners and encouraged to be all-rounders.
- Only 35 students are accommodated for a class.
- With an open-air theater, a multi-purpose hall and a huge auditorium, this school is spacious and has enough room for cultural activities.
- This school has a computer, math and language labs, so it gives students a hands-on experience.
- It also has an art center, central library, audio-visual conference room and childcare facilities.
Baner – Mhalunge Road,
Baner, Pune – 411045
7. Kendriya Vidyalaya No.2:
Tucked amidst lush greenery at the foot of a hill, the Kendriya Vidyalaya School of Pune is a spacious, airy campus that’s ideal for learning. This school promotes students’ skills through a multitude of activities.
- Featuring the CBSE curriculum, this school follows the co-ed classroom system.
- This school accommodates only 40 students per class to improvise the learning experience.
- Co-curricular activities include music, drawing, painting, gymnastics, athletics and adventure trips.
- The entire campus is bright, airy and well-ventilated and houses the best-quality furniture and electrical fittings.
- This school houses a library, Science and Math laboratories and also has a fully-equipped resource department.
- This school organizes educational excursions and takes students trekking and hiking from time to time.
Ordnance Factory, Dehu Road, Pune – 412101
8. Vikhe Patil Memorial School:
The Vikhe Patil Memorial School is one of the most famous schools in Pune. It’s located in Patrakar Nagar, Off Senapati Bapat Road in Pune.
- The school offers CBSE Curriculum and takes up schooling from grades one to ten.
- This school focuses on overall development of students, academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
- Here, at VP, students are encouraged to take part in cultural activities and perform dance, dramatics and showcase their talents during the annual day.
- This school houses a large swimming pool with a well-trained swimming teacher.
- It has a massively huge playground, library and various labs.
- Club activities are regularly conducted to help students develop team spirit and social skills.
Patrakar Nagar, Off Senapati Bapat Road, Pune – 411016
9. BK Birla Centre For Education:
The B K Birla center for education is located Near Talegaon Dabhade, in Pune. It follows a curriculum that’s meant to improve the academic abilities of its students.
- The school follows the CBSE curriculum and encourages a host of co-curricular activities.
- The extracurricular activities include lawn and clay tennis, table tennis, badminton, chess and carom, softball, cycling, weight training, gymnastics, rock climbing, archery, shooting, horse riding, swimming, billiards and snooker
- This school also focuses on music, drama, debates, creative writing, photography, book-craft, woodcraft, aero-modeling, leather work, clay modeling, sketching, painting, electronics, sculpture and environment studies
- This school is gifted with a well-equipped auditorium, a Science lab, a Math lab, library and crafts room.
- This school also has a theatrical and performing arts room.
- If students need to access the Web for educational purposes, they are free to use the IT room.
- The students are provided with well-equipped labs, computer labs and a spacious campus.
- There is also a large-enough playground for sports activities.
Shirgaon – Gahunje, Near Talegaon Dabhade,
Pune – 410506
10. Vidyashilp Public School:
The Vidyashilp Public School is affiliated to the CBSE board and is located in the Haveli Taluk of Pune district. This school focuses on developing core leadership qualities in its students.
- This school follows the CBSE curriculum that empowers every child to become a winner.
- This school provides schooling from Nursery to the 10th grade.
- This school accommodates a maximum of 25 students per class, with the student to teacher ratio being 1:15.
- This school holds a host of extra-curricular activities including painting, story-telling, music and sports like football, kabaddi, kho-kho, and cricket.
Svy No 9/2, Yevalewadi, Kondhawa Budruk,
Tal: Haveli, Dist: Pune- 411048
11. The Heritage School:
This school is located in the heart of Pune and is committed to making its pupils all-rounders. It fosters a sense of independence in children and prepares them physically and emotionally to face challenges in life.
- This school adheres to the CBSE curriculum and provides schooling for students from the 3rd grade to the 12th grade.
- This school follows the co-ed system of classrooms and accommodates 16 students per class.
- This school has a multi-functional playground that allows students to engage in different kinds of sports activities like cricket, hockey, football, and athletics.
- This school also has a large swimming pool and experienced coaches to teach kids.
S. No. 127, Village Ambi, Talegaon Dabhade, Pune – 411001
12. Sanskriti School:
Established by the educationists and professionals from the London School of Economics (LSE), Doon school and ISB, Hyderabad, this school strives to provide international-standard education with world-class facilities. This school is located in Undri Pune and caters to the mentoring of students to make creative, disciplined and dynamic leaders of tomorrow.
- The school follows a CBSE curriculum and study in a co-ed set-up.
- It follows a multi-sensory approach and unique tried and tested research driven methodologies to make children understand new concepts.
- This school gives equal importance to co-curricular activities and academics.
- This school has a spacious, airy campus and well-equipped classrooms and labs.
- The school also has a robotics lab, a gardening hub, and an international level swimming pool.
- This school also has a playground that’s large enough to accommodate many students at a time.
- The school also has facilities to pursue hobbies like horse riding, clay modeling and pottery.
- It lets the students choose between various activities like Karate, archery or gardening and enjoy the simple pleasures of life.
Sanskriti School (NIBM Campus), Undri-NIBM Link Road,
Survey Number 12, 13 Undri, Near Kumar Princetown
13. The Lexicon International:
Lexicon International School is a school with a difference. It aims at providing a platform for the all-round development of the student by promoting academics and personality using tried tested methodologies and Information Technology. It strives to produce responsible citizens and not a bunch of rote masters.
- The school follows both ICSE and IGSCE syllabus and has a residential wing too.
- With a strength of 1220 students, and schooling from the 5th grade to the tenth, this school has been growing ever since it has been established.
- Dance, painting, classical and western music is imparted as part of schooling.
- A qualified counselor helps children unearth their potentials and gives career guidance too.
- This school has well planned classrooms with ample light and ventilation.
- This school also has a well-equipped library, a computer lab and a large playground.
- A medical room and cafeteria are also present on the campus.
#130, School Building Bharati Pune-Satara Road,
Dhankawadi Pune – 411043
14. Sardar Dastur Hormazdiar High School:
The Sardar Dastur Hormazdiar High School is located on Tarapore Road in Pune. This school aims at enabling pupils to acquire and develop useful life skills.
- This school incorporates the CBSE board curriculum and the co-ed classroom system.
- It was founded on 24th February, 1998 and provides schooling from 5th grade to 10th grade.
- This school makes sure that the students develop their reading skills and knowledge by renting and reading books from the well-equipped library.
- Apart from the library, this school also has Science and Computer labs.
- Moreover, this school provides healthcare services during school hours.
#1, Tarapore Road, Pune – 411001
15. City International School:
City international school Pune is one of the modern schools that incorporate Science and creativity to their teaching methods. The school is committed to providing quality and holistic education to its students.
- This school believes that the CBSE board curriculum strengthens the foundations of concepts and improves analytical thinking. It has a co-ed classroom system.
- This school accommodates only 12 students per class to provide more attention to students individually.
- The school has state of the art laboratories, a well-stocked library and large open playgrounds.
- It has a spacious and airy campus with large ventilated classrooms This institute is based on the CBSE curriculum and accommodates just about 30 students per class.
- Students are taught to respect one another, and the teachers are regularly trained to update their pedagogical skills.
- Latest teaching and learning methodologies are used to make learning an enjoyable experience.
- The school also focuses on co-curricular activities. Needlework, cooking without fire and robotics are few of the co-curricular activities taught at school.
Ganga Savera Complex, Opp Shiwarkar Garden,
Fatima Nagar Road, Wanowrie, Pune – 411040
16. Cambridge International School:
Founded in 2009 with the sole vision of imparting quality education, Cambridge International has grown into a specialist, multi-location, multi-program training center that is run by the ITCI. The school endeavors to make students understand and realize that they need to be life time learners. Education at the school is made fun and interesting.
- The school follows the IB, ICSE and CBSE board
- It is a co-educational day school, with around 25 students in every classroom
- The student-teacher ratio is 12:1
- This institution provides a safe and fun-filled environment for students to learn and improvise.
- There’s a periodic inspection of safety and hygiene in this institute.
- State-of-the-art facilities like an updated library, hi-tech labs, and rooms for art and craft are USP s of the school.
CIS Campus, Block III, Behind Titan Showroom,
Mumbai-Pune Highway, Chinchwad, Pune 411 019
17. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya:
The Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is a prestigious institution that’s located in Po Karandi, Pune.
- This institute is based on the CBSE curriculum that helps students gain strong foundations in Math and Science.
- It makes sure that students learn values and become responsible citizens in the future.
- This school provides a large, airy campus for students to learn without any restrictions.
- There is a playground for sports, games and other recreational centres in this school.
Pimple Jagtap, PO. Karandi Tal. Shirur,
Chakan-Shikrapur road – 412208
18. GG International School:
This is yet another international school in Pune that strives at following a combination of traditional education with a twist. The school strongly believes that every child has his own talent and the staff goes an extra mile to help each child perform to his best abilities.
- This institute is based on the CBSE curriculum that helps students gain strong foundations in Sciences.
- This school uses progressive techniques for a well-rounded development.
- English, Hindi, Marathi and Sanskrit are the languages taught at the school.
- Music, dance, karate, and yoga are also part of the curriculum.
- Remedial classes are held for students who need help.
- This school provides a spacious, airy campus so that the students don’t feel stifled or restricted.
- The school premises house a playground for physical activities during school hours.
- The school also has labs equipped with requisite materials to aid learning.
- An art room decorated with student’s projects is the haven kids are given a chance to explore and discover their talents.
174-177, Swarganga, Vallabhnagar,
Near The Muslim Co-operative Bank, Pimpri, Pune,
19. The Dwarka School:
The Dwarka School is one of the most famous schools of Pune. It aims at creating individuals who lead fulfilling, economically successful lives while promoting sustainable development.
- This institute is based on the CBSE curriculum.
- This school creates the perfect atmosphere for children to be successful in all ventures.
- This school has a highly-qualified group of teaching staff.
- With a playground for sports and games, this school has a library that’s kept well-stocked with educational magazines and all kinds of books.
- Students are given transportation facilities.
Gat No. 128, Chakan-Talegaon Road,
Mhalunge (Ingale), Tal -Khed,
Chakan Pune – 410501
20. C.M. International School:
C.M International School is more than just an institution. Here, students are allowed to learn in a calm and controlled atmosphere and inspired to follow their passion. The school strives to impart meaningful and joyful education to every child.
- The curriculum followed in this school is the CBSE board.
- The school’s curriculum helps improve academic results of every student and in every class.
- The curriculum has been tweaked such that students do not have to lug heavy backpacks to school.
- This school provides a fun-filled atmosphere for the students to learn and grow over the years.
- Soft skills training and field trips are part of learning at CM International.
- This school has a large library, Science and Computer labs.
- The campus is spacious and airy and even houses a playground in it.
- Students can learn basketball, tennis, skating at the school.
- Students can use the transportation facilities offered by the school for travelling up and down.
Survey No. 4/2+3, SKP Campus,
Baner, Balewadi, Pune – 411045
We hope this list of top CBSE schools in Pune has been helpful. CBSE schools follow a similar pattern of education throughout the country. This means you wouldn’t have to worry about your child’s education even if they were to switch places. Also, most CBSE schools recommend NCERT books, which are often recommended for competitive exam preparation in India. Therefore, your child could have a head start on preparing for these exams. Remember to consider the facilities and visit the school premises with your child before making a final decision.
Disclaimer: “The list of schools has been taken from various surveys done by third-party print and online publications. MomJunction was not involved in the surveys nor it has any business partnerships with the schools covered in the list. This post is not an endorsement of the schools and parents’ discretion is advised in selecting a school.”