The importance of comfortable everyday seating cannot be overemphasized. Whether you are a professional at work or a student in college, if you find yourself hunched over the computer screen through the day and struggle with body ache as a result, the best chairs for neck pain can alleviate the problem to a great extent.
Shoulder, back, and neck pain are common among those tied to a desk. These ergonomic chairs for neck pain are designed with a strategic neck rest, cushioned bodies, and adjustable settings to help you maintain proper posture.
Here are some of the most widely recommended chairs for neck pain that help alleviate stress. Check out their features and pros and cons and take your pick.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Chairs For Neck Pain In 2022
1. Best For Neck And Lower Back Support: Homall Chair with Headrest and Lumbar Support
- Made of PU leather with a sturdy steel frame.
- Comes with a headrest and pillow for neck support. Lumbar cushion helps support the lower back.
- Seat cushion made of high-density shaping foam enables comfortable sitting.
- Multidirectional PU wheels, with color caster, enable the chair to move easily.
- Tilt comes with a lock mechanism and can recline up to 180°.
- Gas spring cylinder makes height adjustment smooth and easy.
- Can take up load up to 300 lb.
- Available in different color combinations.
- Simple assembling process
- Adjustable lumbar support
- Armrests easily fit under a regular desk
- Firm padding makes long hours of work comfortable
- Satisfied customers call it the best office chair for neck pain
- Extra accessories may be relatively expensive to buy
- Brand may not offer good customer service.
2. Best Color Combinations: Furmax Ergonomic Chair with Headrest and Lumbar Support
- Seat made of PU leather and mesh for comfortable use.
- Pneumatic gas lift allows adjustment of height from 15.2 inches to 18.3 inches.
- Thick and tall backrest for complete support for the spine and neck.
- Can take weight up to 280lb.
- 360° swivel wheels come with casters to prevent scratching.
- Available in multiple color combinations.
- Easy to assemble
- Firm and comfortable to use
- Reasonably priced for a leather chair
- Offers good lumbar support
- Easy to wipe clean
- Ideal computer chair for neck pain
- Does not have side padding or bolstering
- Exterior tends to peel easily
3. Best Easy-To-Assemble: Best Office Chair With Lumbar Support and Flip-up Arms
- Ergonomic design with adjustable headrest and detachable neck pillow.
- Flexible armrest comes with padding.
- Flex control allows for easy adjustment of the backrest.
- Thickly padded seat makes sitting for long hours comfortable.
- Gas lift allows smooth and quick adjustment of height.
- Metal base offers firm and stable movement.
- 360° swivel wheels with caster roll smoothly.
- Can take up weight up to 250lb.
- Easy to assemble
- Arms easily fit under a desk
- Firm padding does not sink in with weight
- Head and lumbar support makes long hours of sitting comfortable
- Considered as best gaming chair for neck pain
- Wheels cannot be locked
- Screws tend to squeak with frequent use
4. Best Breathability And Comfort: Flash Furniture High Back Office Chair With Adjustable Headrest
- High back with lumbar support helps protect the spine.
- Mesh back offers better breathability.
- Waterfall seat design or a downward curve helps take off pressure from legs.
- Sturdy base comes with a two-tone chrome design for an attractive look.
- Mesh back helps keep cool during summer
- Affordable price
- Good quality seat cushioning for comfort
- Sturdy frame
- Arms are not adjustable and do not fit under the table
- Lacks tilt lock
5. Best Adjustable Headrest And Armrest: Duramont Ergonomic Adjustable Office Chair With Lumbar Support and Roller Blade Wheels
- Comes with an adjustable headrest.
- Twist of lever easily adjusts lumbar support and depth.
- Height of the armrest can be adjusted.
- Backrest can tilt up to 120°.
- Breathable mesh keeps the back cool.
- Can support weight up to 330lb.
- Assembling involves eight simple steps
- Chair does not make any squeaky sounds
- Sturdy metal body
- Casters do not make sound and roll smoothly.
- Happy buyers consider it as the best home chair for neck pain
- Chair tends to give off a chemical odor
- Armrests may not be firm and stable
6. Best Maintenance And Easy To Clean: Smug desk Ergonomic Office Chair With Adjustable Headrest and Mesh Back
- Mesh back and headrest help keep the body cool.
- Comes with lumbar support for the lower back.
- Five-claw chair legs make the base strong.
- Caster wheels ensure smooth and soundless rolling.
- Heavily padded armrests ensure arms are well-positioned when working.
- Can support weight up to 300lb.
- Heavy wheelbase keeps it safe from tipping over
- Mesh fabric is breathable and easy to clean
- Instruction manual makes assembling simple and easy
- Available at an affordable rate
- Wheels may not glide smoothly
- Lumbar support is not adjustable
7. Best Ergonomic Design: Best Massage Big and Tall Office Chair With Lumbar Support
- Ergonomic chair specially designed for large and hefty people.
- Thick seat cushioning makes sitting extra comfortable.
- Backrest is fully adjustable.
- Despite the thickness, PU leather upholstery does not get deformed.
- Nylon rolling casters move smoothly.
- Takes barely 15 minutes to assemble.
- Can support weight up to 500lb.
- Sturdy build despite the large size
- Metal base makes it stable even with wheels
- Wide seat for a comfortable sitting experience
- Well-padded backrest helps relieve back pain
- Large size may not be suitable for shorter and lighter people
- Backrest does not rock but tilts only to a certain degree
8. Best To Reduce Stress On Legs: Hbada Ergonomic Office Recliner Chair With High Back and Breathable Mesh Back
- Steel frame ensures a sturdy build.
- Mesh body for breathability.
- High-density foam cushion does not sink in with weight.
- Neck rest is rotatable, and its height is also adjustable.
- Comes with an inverted triangle spine for a sturdy backrest.
- Hollow carved back allows good ventilation.
- Waterfall seat design helps reduce stress on the legs.
- Mesh body provides air ventilation
- Reasonably priced
- Sturdy metal base keeps the chair stable
- Padding on the armrest for comfort
- Several users call it the best recliner chair for neck pain
- Chair feels shaky when in a reclining position
- Headrest may not lock fully in place
9. Best Mobility And Customization: Realm Of Thrones Commodore Office Chair
- Mesh and nylon build
- 136-degree ultra-wide recline
- Adjustable 4D armrests
- 3D lumbar support
- Maximum weight of 90kg
- Breathable and ergonomic design
- Durable build
- Helps relieve pressure on the thighs
- Five-year warranty
- Height- and depth-adjustable
- Three lock-in positions
- May not be suitable for tall people
- Armrests may become wobbly
10. Best Rust-Resistance: Ticova Ergonomic Office Chair With Adjustable Headrest and Armrest
- Headrest is adjustable and rotatable.
- Height of the armrest can be adjusted as per convenience.
- Seat is made of three-inch shaping foam that provides complete comfort.
- Wide aluminum base keeps the chair stable and does not rust.
- PA nylon back frame offers better bearing capacity than other chairs.
- Lumbar support comes with adjustable height and depth.
- Can take up weight up to 280lb.
- Easy-to-assemble and use
- Height is adjustable for tall and short users
- Adjustable armrests allow customization as per convenience
- Wide seat allows comfortable seating
- Headrest tends to get stuck and is rigid
- Wheel casters can fall out if not placed firmly
11. Best For Tall And Short People: Berlman Ergonomic High Back Mesh Office Chair With Adjustable Armrest
- Headrest is wide and thick.
- Backrest comes with lumbar support for the lower back.
- Tilt lock mechanism helps adjust tilt as per convenience.
- Pneumatic seat feature allows easy and quick height adjustment.
- Arms fold up to allow the chair to move under the table.
- PU casters roll smoothly without any sound.
- Mesh back allows air ventilation.
- Easy to assemble
- Attractive design
- Sturdy build provides adequate support to the back
- Suitable for tall and short people
- Plastic lumbar support may not be comfortable for everyone
- Arms tend to squeak after too much usage
Tips To Choose The Best Chair For Neck Pain
There are a few specific features that might help you pick the best home chair for neck pain. Read on to know more.
- Height: The height of the seat must be adjustable. The chair should have a pneumatic adjustment lever that makes height adjustment smooth, quick, and easy. This lets you sit comfortably and also makes it easy for multiple users to adjust the chair.
- Backrest: The chair’s backrest must preferably be tall enough to support the length of your back. It should be designed to support your spine’s natural curve and be adjustable to let you rock it slightly when stretching. It should have neck support and lumbar support so that you can use it without any stress for hours.
- Width: The chair’s width must be larger than your waist and must leave a gap of at least two to three inches from the armrests.
- Padding. The seat and armrest of the chair should have decent foam padding to comfortably support your lower body and elbows.
- Armrests: Adjustable armrests make it convenient to move the chair under the table, and help your shoulders and elbows relax.
- Swivel: You may need to reach out to files or other work essentials frequently at work, which makes chairs with wheels and swivel mechanisms a better option. They help rotate and move your chair comfortably.
Will Sleeping On These Chairs Cause Any Health Problem?
The chairs we have listed are designed to help alleviate neck pain in those who spend long hours in a sitting position, and not for people to sleep in it. Also, sleeping in a chair in a sitting position or even with the backrest reclined to 180° is not ideal. However, people who suffer from health conditions, such as GERD, prefer sleeping in a reclining chair as it helps relieve symptoms suffered because of the ailment.
If you suffer from an ailment that makes sleeping in a regular bed difficult, then you can consult your physician and seek advice on sleeping in a reclining chair.
Why Trust MomJunction?
While lengthy working hours cannot be avoided, using proper chairs can alleviate neck strain. Sakshi John, using her writing experience on home, furniture, and kitchen products, has looked through various product features and reviews to compile a list of the best chairs for neck pain. Sakshi has made this selection based on comfort, weight, durability, and other important product details. Moreover, this post provides some helpful purchasing advice to assist you in making a more informed decision.
If you experience neck pain, investing in the best chairs for neck pain may help make you feel better. To pick one, you might want to ensure that you are comfortable using it. You might have come across the cast number of options available, but the key to picking is to consider the one that suits your height, is durable enough to withstand your weight, and is easy to clean and maintain. Apart from that, you might want to pick one with comfortable padding that targets spots on your body and relieves you from the pain.
- Best Armless Office Chairs
- Best Gaming Chairs For Back Pain
- Best Chairs For Programmers
- Best Kneeling Chairs