Chiclet keyboards are used by people globally to type faster and with more efficiency. Designed to replicate the look and feel of chiclets, the popular chewing gum, the keys are square-shaped with rounded corners. Here’s our list of the best chiclet keyboards, including several high-quality options with various features. These keyboards have more space between each key and a larger surface area than standard keyboards, preventing you from pressing the wrong key.
Choosing the right chiclet keyboard may be challenging, leaving you overwhelmed with the various options. However, our list of the best ones with a helpful buying guide can help you narrow it down.
9 Best Chiclet Keyboards
Combining wireless technology with ease of typing, this chiclet keyboard is suitable for those who use the keyboard often. It features durable stainless steel construction with an anti-slip silicone grip that keeps the keyboard in place. The chiclet keys offer comfortable and quiet operation, and the keyboard’s most-used functions and media controls are placed closer to you for convenience.
- Six-month battery life with a single charge
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy setup
- 24-month warranty
- Might heat up quickly
Suitable for home or office use, this chiclet keyboard contains durable chiclet keys placed with sufficient space to prevent the pressing of the wrong keys. The multimedia keys such as play, pause, rewind, fast-forward, and volume control are in a convenient position so that you can access them quickly. This multimedia keyboard is long-lasting and offers hassle-free use.
- Quiet operation
- Easy setup process
- Includes USB cable
- Desk-centric design
- Keys may not be high
The gaming keyboard features island-style chiclet keys that are durable, responsive, and offer keystroke accuracy. It also provides precise tactile feedback for an unparalleled gaming experience. This spill-resistant keyboard comes attached with a gold-plated, anti-corrosion USB connector for reliable connectivity and twelve multimedia keys for easy use.
- Easy setup process
- Six lighting modes and effects
- Four backlight brightness levels
- Might be a bit stiff for typing
Stylish and convenient, this chiclet keyboard has a USB connection for stable connectivity, minimizing the need for replacing batteries. This compact keyboard allows you to reclaim desk space, and chiclet keys are large with rounded corners for quiet and easy use with smooth tactile feedback response. Also, the sleek gray design adds a touch of sophistication to your computer setup.
- Thirteen multimedia shortcut keys
- Plug-and-play easy setup process
- Natural ergonomic slope
- Compatible with Windows and macOS operating systems
- May be light and unstable to type on
Designed for durability, this backlit keyboard comes with a brushed aluminum top plate for a minimalist yet stylish look. It features LED backlights under each key, with an option for customization from over 16.7 million unique color shades. Moreover, the chiclet-style keys allow you to type efficiently, and the keys don’t make noise no matter how often or fast you type.
- On-the-fly controls
- LED side light bars
- Extra-flat keycaps
- Tenkeyless design
- May not have adjustable height
Chiclet keyboards are known to be quiet yet produce an audible sound that does not annoy anyone sitting close by. This feature makes chiclet keyboards ideal for use at cafes and libraries.
One of the top chiclet keyboards, this one features a standard layout with the number pad on the right. For those who struggle with tiny prints on keys, this one will solve the problem as the keyboard has large-sized numbers and alphabets that can be seen even from a distance. Made from durable materials, the portable keyboard also has an inclined design and anti-slip rubber mats that prevent it from moving while typing.
- Long USB cord
- Easy setup
- Includes a manual
- Twelve-month limited warranty
- May not be compatible with Mac OS
With the familiarity of a standard keyboard and the efficiency of a chiclet one, this is suitable for professional and personal use. This ergonomic keyboard features low-profile keys that are comfortable and come in a full-size set to make typing more comfortable and efficient. The quiet keys keyboard comes with two-level adjustable feet for a customized fit and offers the ideal tilt angle. In addition, the anti-slip rubber feet prevent it from moving.
- Seven color options
- Sleek design
- Plug-and-play USB connection
- Three-level brightness adjustment backlights
- Compatible with Windows and Mac OS operating systems
- May not have proper instructions
Increase your productivity with these comfortable chiclet-style keys that are easy to use, quiet, and sufficiently spaced that prevent you from hitting the wrong one. With an ergonomic design and a built-in foldable stand, you can customize its position for your convenience. In addition, this full-sized keyboard is also compatible with various versions of the Windows operating system.
- USB connection
- Has eight media keys
- Includes twelve multi-function keys
- Allows you to type 120 words per minute
- May feel flimsy and lightweight
With minimum resistance while typing, the island-style keyboard allows you to play your favorite computer games easily, minimizing the risk of pressing the wrong key that may lead you to lose the game. This flat keys keyboard set also comes included with a mouse for effortless navigation.
- Quiet operation
- Ultra-thin keyboard
- Adjustable back feet
- Illuminated RGB mouse and keyboard
- Compatible with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS operating systems
- Prints on the keys may fade with use
How To Choose The Right Chiclet Keyboards?
Below are a few factors to consider when choosing the right chiclet keyboard.
- USB or wireless connectivity: While wireless connections allow for portability and prevent you from dealing with tangled cables, they are more expensive, and you may face problems with connectivity. However, USB-connected keyboards offer a more secure connection but do not allow freedom of movement.
- Ergonomic design: To ensure that you are at ease, choose keyboards with an ergonomic built with adjustable back feet to give you a suitable angle for easy usage.
- Compatibility: Conduct thorough research and ensure you buy a keyboard that works well with your existing operating system.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah, an experienced writer and editor, specializes in reviewing products in electronics, automobiles, and household categories. He conducts thorough research and analyzes multiple product reviews before compiling a list of the best-performing products for the readers. In this article on the best chiclet keyboards, he has written detailed descriptions and included a buying guide that lists various factors such as connectivity, design, and compatibility that you need to keep in mind when buying a suitable keyboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are chiclet keyboards better than traditional options?
Some people prefer chiclet keyboards over traditional ones as they allow for more efficient typing with widely spaced keys.
2. Is a chiclet keyboard good for gaming?
Chiclet keyboards are suitable for amateur gamers as they prevent you from hitting the wrong key and offer a quiet operation.
3. What makes the chiclet-style keys so distinct?
The distinct feature of a chiclet-style keyboard is that its keys are flat and are separated by bezels. This design gives the keys a clean-cut and thin look, thus facilitating faster finger movement.
4. Are chiclet keyboards backlit?
Many brands offer chiclet keyboards that feature colorful or monochrome LED backlights under each key. Few brands also allow you to customize the light color as per your choice.
5. Why is it called a chiclet keyboard?
Since the keys of the keyboards resemble the square shape and rounded corners of the famous chewing gum—Chiclets—the keyboards were christened after the iconic gum.
Chiclet keyboards are useful for those who type fast, offering precision and efficiency. The keys on this keyboard are placed apart and conveniently for a seamless typing and gaming experience. While there are many options to choose from, select those with a quiet noise operation and an ergonomic design for comfort while being compatible with your existing operating system.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Using A Chiclet Keyboard?
If you struggle to choose between a chiclet keyboard and a mechanical keyboard, check out the following informative infographic. With a list of features and benefits of using a chiclet keyboard, the infographic will help you make an informed decision.
- Chiclet keyboard
- Best Backlit Keyboards For Your Ultimate PC Setup
- Best Wireless Keyboards For Smart TV
- Best Keyboards For Kids To Buy
- Best Ergonomic Wireless Keyboards For Easy Typing