Chromebooks are minimalistic laptops that run on Google’s Chrome operating system. They are lightweight, simple, and optimized, suitable for day-to-day, lighter tasks. Whether it is emailing, gaming, photo-editing, or web browsing, you can do it easily with the best Chromebooks offered by several brands.
To help you find the right one, we have curated a list of the best Chromebooks in India along with their specifications, pros, and cons.
10 Best Chromebooks In India
Acer’s Chromebook 315 gives access to more than two million Android apps from Google Play Store. This device comes with built-in storage for offline access and provides an additional 100GB Google drive space.
- AMD A-series dual-core processor
- 15.6-inch full HD screen
- LED-backlit display
- 4GB DDR4 memory
- 32GB eMMC
- Built-in virus protection
- Automatic updates
- Automatic back up of files
- Quick booting
- Long-lasting battery life
- Keyboard could have been more user friendly
Touch screen displays are in demand now, owing to their popularity and ease of use. This Asus Chrome book, with a 14-inch touch screen, works super-fast for snappy performance. The package comes with a decent 4GB RAM and is an excellent pick for someone who works on multiple tabs and expects reasonable click speed.
- Full HD 1920×1080
- Intel Core m3-8100y processor
- 64GB eMMC storage
- Two Type-C USBs and 1 Type-A USB
- 3.4 GHz processor speed
- Backlit keyboard
- 360-degree flexibility
- Nanoedge display shows the screen wide
- Color accuracy
- Powerful aluminum body
- Touch-pad could have been better
- Some users report bugs
With a greater system memory, the HP Chromebook enables advanced multitasking without compromising the performance. HP Chromebook comes with an 8GB system memory offering top-notch speed. Intel HD Graphics 620 and 14-inch IPS display are ideal for day-to-day tasks using office sheets, word, internet search, and minute calculations.
- Core i3 processor
- 2.2 GHz processor speed
- 64GB hard disk
- 14 hours of battery life
- Weighs 953g
- Integrated graphics card interface
- Advanced solid-state hard drive interface
- Ideal for business and travel
- 360-degree angle rotation
- Built-in webcam for easy communication
- Hinge is relatively loose
- No HDMI output
Lenovo’s Chromebook could be an ideal pick for business purposes due to its professional design. It possesses a MediaTek MT8173C processor, 64GB eMMC memory, and a 14-inch display screen. With an embedded multimedia card and integrated graphics interface, you could run basic graphic programs that may need high power.
- 4GB RAM
- Full HD screen
- Runs via lithium-polymer batteries
- Weighs 1.5kg
- LPDDR3 memory technology
- Supports Wi-Fi connectivity
- Lightweight battery
- Sleek device with a width of 0.82in
- Easy to use
- Operating system may seem slow for some
- Does not support Android apps
If you are looking for a small device, Samsung’s Chromebook could be an ideal pick. It has an 11.6-inch screen with a height and width of 0.7 inches and 8 inches. It runs on a Celeron processor with 2.48 GHz speed and has a 2GB RAM and 16GB hard drive to perform basic functions efficiently.
- Screen resolution of 1366×768
- DDR3 memory
- Two lithium-ion cells
- Night charcoal outer look
- Easy to carry
- Smooth keyboard
- Suitable for working on documents, spreadsheets, and social media
- Compact and secure
- Cannot handle high-performance tasks
- High load time
Do you have to check emails, make presentations, take data from spreadsheets, keep a tab on social media simultaneously? The Google Pixel Slate can support all of these functions. It has a 12.3-inch molecular display with 8GB RAM to support all its functions.
- 8MP rear webcam resolution
- 48W lithium battery energy
- 802.11 ac wireless type
- 64GB hard-disk
- 7.95-inch wide laptop
- 9.5 hours of battery life
- Extremely light in weight (720g)
- High-quality video display
- Easy collaboration with google apps
- Clear audio
- Built-in google assistant
- 7mm thin screen
- Cannot run high graphic games
- Internal memory is relatively low
Dell Inspiron features a high-resolution webcam that supports qualitative communication. It supports various kinds of jacks, including HDMI, USB, media card reader, headphone, and microphone. The Chromebook also has built-in virus protection to secure the apps and other programs.
- Dual-core Celeron processor
- 2.48GHz processor speed
- 11.6-inch screen
- 4GB internal memory
- 16GB solid-state drive
- 2MB smart cache
- Energy- efficient
- Good graphics
- Reliable processor
- Integrated HD graphics
- Bluetooth and wireless connectivity
- Setup may take time
Ideally suitable for teenagers and college students, this high-performance Lenovo Chromebook is a sleek and stylish product. It has a high-grade processor with a decent touch display and other multimedia components. The laptop rotates a full 360° for convenience and ease of use.
- MediaTek MT8173C processor
- 4GB LPDDR3 memory
- 100GB storage on google drive
- USB 3.0
- One-inch thin screen
- Integrated graphics card
- 64GB eMMC
- Built-in virus protection
- No setup needed
- Effortless connectivity
- Might have a low battery life
The Asus Chromebook could be the right choice for working outdoors because of its anti-glare feature. Its screen is wide enough to impart a good feel while you watch videos and play games. It comes with a 180° hinge that improves the flexibility of the device.
- 15.6-inch high definition screen
- Intel dual-core Celeron N3350 processor
- 2M cache, up to 2.4 GHz
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32GB eMMC storage
- USB Type-C and Type-A ports
- 100GB Google drive space
- Supports a diverse range of google apps
- Built-in storage
- Protects against virus
- Quick booting speed
- Easily work on docs, sheets, and slides
- Not-so-effective for live streaming
With an Eight Gen Intel Core and 128GB eMMC, Acer’s Chromebook is a touch-screen device with decent specifications. It has a backlit keyboard and a Full HD display for a better screen experience. It supports browsing, writing, presentations, and calculations.
- Aluminum chassis
- 8GB LPDDR3
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8250U
- Core i5 processor
- 1.6GHz processor speed
- 13.5-inch screen display
- Optimum processor for a Chromebook
- Easy to use
- Supports Wi-Fi and other connections
- Good internal storage
- Quick-touch screen response
- May take time to load apps
- Mouse pad is relatively slow
How To Choose The Right Chromebook?
Consider the following features when planning to purchase a Chromebook.
- Processor: This determines the computing speed. Chromebooks based on i3 or i5 processors are ideal for multitasking.
- Display: Display affects day-to-day operations and impacts the vision. Choosing a Chromebook with the right aspect ratio, the number of pixels and resolution is mandatory. The standard aspect ratio is 3:2, which is suitable for both general work and light-mode play.
- Hard disk capacity: Hard disk stores and retrieves the information. Consider either 120GB SSD (Solid State Drive) or 240GB hard disk for a Chromebook.
- RAM: Also known as Random Access Memory, it can be anywhere between 2GB and 4GB for a Chromebook.
- Weight of Chromebook: Weight impacts the portability of the device. Most efficient Chromebooks often weigh between 700g and 1.5kg.
- Battery life: An ideal Chromebook often has eight to ten hours of battery life. They are driven by lithium-ion batteries that are easy and quickly chargeable.
- Connectivity: Look for USB-C, microSD, HDMI, media card reader, USB 3.0, and jacks for headphones. It should also have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity for convenience.
Chromebooks are quick, ready-to-use, and multi-functional. They are useful for both kids and adults for basic and simple operations. Go through our list of the best Chromebooks in India and choose the one that suits your needs the most.