The best claw grip mouse can make your gaming experience better. For those into serious gaming, a mouse is critical for the win. A highly responsive and accurate mouse can give you an edge over other competitive gamers and boost your performance. Gamers also need several shortcuts and options to customize at the press of a button or a click. So, if you have a dedicated mouse in your arsenal, you’ve half won the battle.
Gaming mice have multiple buttons that can be customized as per the gamer’s need. They are designed with ergonomics in mind for extended usage without experiencing any fatigue. Here is a list of the best claw grip mice available in the market.
11 Best Claw Grip Gaming Mouses
1. Best Quick Response: SteelSeries Sensei 310 Gaming Mouse
The Sensei 310 is engineered for gaming and e-sports. It employs the TrueMove3 sensor known for its fast response, ultra-low latency, and accurate tracker movements. The sensor has built-in correctors providing advanced jitter reduction for a smooth and in-control mouse movement. Furthermore, it is possible to save performance and lighting settings directly on the mouse without needing any extra firmware or drivers. Check out this product testing and review video to know more about this product.
- TrueMoves3 Sensor with 12,000 CPI and 350 IPS, made with e-sports in focus
- Natural mouse movement with no reduction in response time
- Split-trigger buttons allow consistent clicks for a long life run
- Color illumination indicators for in-game situations
- Lightweight yet durable build for fast and accurate movements
- Not suited for small-sized hands
- No finger/thumb rest
2. Best Lightweight: SteelSeries Rival 3 Gaming Mouse
The award-winning Rival 3 from SteelSeries includes all the features expected from a gaming mouse. Its core features the TrueMove sensor system with 8500 CPI and 300 IPS. This mouse is made of lightweight polymer materials with an ergonomic design for prolonged usage with comfort. The mouse also features an onboard memory system, letting you save custom settings directly on the device. Before buying, have a look at this video outlining a tester’s experience for more details.
- Accurate and precise clicks up to a life of 60 million clicks
- Three-zone prism
- Built with high-grade polymer material
- True one-to-one tracking up to 8500 CPI and 300 IPS
- Meant only for smaller hands
- Button placements can be further improved
3. Best High-Performance: Razer Viper Ultralight Gaming Mouse
Razer is well known for its gaming-based systems and peripherals. The Viper gaming mouse is a high-performance mouse that looks to cater to serious gamers’ needs for endless fun sessions. The 16K DPI optical sensor provides ultimate precision and control. An ambidextrous design and programmable buttons give right- and left-handed users a visual user experience. The durable mouse also features customizable RGB color presets for setting lighting indicators. Weighing 69g, this precision claw grip mouse is one of the lightest high-performance mouses around. Watch this product testing video to know more.
- Drag-free cord allows wireless performance
- Easy macros assignment and reconfiguration with programmable buttons
- Optical sensor with light beam-based actuation for super-accurate clicks
- Ambidextrous claw grip mouse designed for both right and left-handed users
- Slight rattle is present in the body, and buttons
- Side buttons need to protrude a bit more
- Might cause hand fatigue when used for a longer duration
SteelSeries Sensei 310 Gaming Mouse
Best Quick Response
SteelSeries Rival 3 Gaming Mouse
Razer Viper Ultralight Gaming Mouse
|Dimensions||4.93 x 2.77 x 1.53 inches||1.49 x 2.64 x 4.74 inches||4.99 x 2.61 x 1.49 inches|
|Weight||3.52 ounces||2.7 ounces||3.52 ounces|
4. Best Palm Grip: Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
The best-selling Logitech mouse design suits palm grip and claw grip users. Hyperion Fury is especially suited for real-time strategy gaming and comes with on-the-fly DPI switching capabilities. The sensor powering provides high-speed tracking of up to 500 IPS. If you are new to the world of gaming and want to test the benefits of gaming mice without wanting to spend too much, the Logitech G402 is a great choice.
- Eight programmable buttons for preferred personal customizations
- Lightweight construction rubber lets you enjoy prolonged gaming sessions
- Four DPI settings ranging from pixel targeting to ultra-fast maneuvers
- Ergonomic claw grip gaming mouse for users of different hand sizes
- Mouse build is not durable
5. Best Sensor: Roccat Burst Pro PC Gaming Mouse
The tried-and-tested gaming mouse for claw grip features a titan switch optical that offers a prolonged 100 million click lifecycle, ensuring unprecedented precision and speed. It features an Owl-Eye 19K DPI optical sensor that provides a smooth and accurate tracking experience. With a light yet solid bionic shell, the durable mouse has an attractive display for AIMO lighting and effective engineering.
- Light and flexible PhantomFlex cable
- Heat-treated PTFE for amazing glide and mouse movements
- Vibrant lighting displays in 16.8 million colors
- Can easily sync with other AIMO products
- Ergonomic shape
- Battery indicator may be unreliable
- Rear may be flared out
6. Best Programmable Buttons: Redragon M720 Vampire RGB Gaming Mouse
The Redragon M720 is an aggressive-looking contoured mouse for a complete gaming experience. Loved by many reviewers, this claw grip gaming mouse with side buttons features programmable and customizable buttons and backlighting capabilities. Adjustable DPI levels come in handy for different situational needs. This is a feature-packed adjustable claw grip gaming mouse for gamers of all categories. It provides a streamlined grip, keeping you comfortable despite hours of usage.
- 16 million RGB color option with LED backlighting
- Eight-piece tuning set
- Eight programmable buttons with five memory profiles
- Five onboard adjustable levels of DPI : 500/ 1000/ 2000/ 3000/ 5000
- Triple side micro buttons
- Build is plastic with less durability
- Side buttons compatibility issues in some systems
- Software and drivers availability has caused issues to certain users
7. Best Ergonomic Design: Cooler Master MM720 Gaming Mouse
The outer honeycomb-like shell of this time-tested mouse helps reduce weight by half and allows heat dissipation. Complementing the body, an advanced ultra-weave cable keeps tangles and messiness out of your gaming space. Special emphasis has also been put on the comfort of use and finger rest for added comfort and entertaining sessions.
- Ergonomically-shaped and lightweight claw grip gaming mouse
- Optical sensor with 32000 DPI
- Durable switches with up to 20 million presses
- Easily adjustable RGB color profiles
- Low friction and high durability for a smooth and accurate response
- Only for right-handed usage
- Customizing is not self-explanatory and requires multiple button pressing
8. Best Contoured Shape: Corsair Nightsword RGB Gaming Mouse
Designed with ten programmable buttons, the Corsair Nightsword RGB gaming mouse provides a customized gaming experience. As per reviews, this programmable claw grip gaming mouse includes two sets of weights with six mounting spots for a balanced configuration. Moreover, the claw grip gaming mouse with adjustable weight lets you balance the grip by adjusting the weight between 119g and 141g. The 18,000 DPI optical sensor, 400 IPS high-speed motion detection, and up to 50G acceleration provide accurate tracking without missing the targets.
- High-performance claw grip mouse with rubber grip
- Has soft textured thumb rest
- Contoured shape
- Lightweight and compact
- Mouse maybe a bit wide for some
- Settings may be slightly confusing for some
9. Best Pinpoint Accuracy: Cooler Master MasterMouse MM520 Claw Grip Gaming Mouse Device
The best-selling Cooler Master gaming mouse with seven programmable buttons is meant for more serious competitive gamers. Loaded with a Pixart infrared sensor, the MM520 provides a zero negative acceleration with one-on-one pinpoint accuracy. The three-zone RGB lights have fully customizable buttons, light, and macros. This customizable claw grip mouse can be a go-to choice for claw grip players.
- Good build quality with PBT material for extra durability
- Omron switches provide up to 20 million clicks
- On-the-fly DPI of up to 12000
- Professional level accuracy and movement
- Not suitable for small hand sizes
- No enough rubber grips around the body
10. Best Versatile Design: Corsair M55 RGB Pro Gaming Mouse
The versatile ambidextrous Corsair mouse makes gaming comfortable without causing any fatigue. The high-accuracy optical sensor features a high DPI of up to 12,400. According to the reviewers, the climate pledge-friendly mouse also provides a long usage life with up to 50 million clicks. Be it claw grip or palm grip, or fingertip grip, the M55 RGB claw grip mouse will easily do the heavy lifting for you to enjoy your gaming experience to the fullest.
- Lightweight weighing 86g
- Premium Omron switches and braided cables ensure years of usage
- Eight programmable buttons with advanced macros and remaps
- Fits all hand sizes
- Software compatibility issues
- Buttons are a bit stiff during initial usage
Fantech provides the right choice in this category with the X9 gaming mouse. Despite the affordable price point, the mouse is packed with features desired from a high-performance device. There are seven customizable buttons. On-the-fly adjustable DPI lets you toggle between its 12 levels. Tested by many reviewers, this wired claw grip gaming mouse is an entry-level device that delights you during your gaming experiences.
- Chrome RGB backlit lighting
- Ultra-comfortable grip with reduced muscle tension
- Lifetime of up to ten million clicks
- DPI adjustable claw grip gaming mouse with levels ranging from 200 to 4800
- Software incompatible with Mac computers
- Built quality needs improvement
- May not be comfortable for bigger hand sizes
How To Choose The Right Claw Grip Mouse?
Here are some important factors to consider while buying a claw grip PC mouse.
1. Sensor type: The common sensor types that offer dominance are the laser and optical types. Consider an optical claw grip gaming mouse with good response and accuracy.
2. Type of game: While FPS gaming requires ultra-high accuracy and tracking, MMO and RTS-style games need multiple buttons and programmable macro settings. Accordingly, the choice of the mouse would vary.
3. DPI (dots per inch): Consider a mouse with higher DPIs that let you perform better and more predictable mouse cursor movement on the screen.
4. Grip and ergonomics: Common mouse grips are claw grip, palm grip, jaw grip, and more. If you have a particular style you would like to stick to, make sure the comfortable claw grip gaming mouse’s design caters to your needs.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Wedetso Chirhah is a content writer and editor who has years of experience reviewing electronic products. His readers consider him a reliable source as he scours multiple products, compares their performance, and looks at user reviews before curating his lists. This article on the best claw grip gaming mouses is no different as he provides detailed descriptions of each product along with listing its pros and cons. You will also find a buying guide section to help you make the right choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is a claw grip mouse better than a normal mouse?
A claw grip mouse offers more speed than a normal mouse. A normal mouse, on the other hand, is ideal for better tracking. Claw grip mouse is shorter and palm mouse is longer and wider.
2. Does a claw grip mouse offer better precision than other types of mouse?
Claw grip is effective for accurate aiming in quick snapping motion. Unlike a palm mouse, this mouse uses wrists for aiming.
3. How should I hold a claw grip mouse?
You can hold a claw grip mouse by placing your thumb finger to the left side of the mouse. Position your index and middle finger on the left and right click buttons respectively, and place the ring and pinky finger to the right side of the mouse. Ensure that the fingertips are positioned below the knuckles.
4. Who uses a claw grip mouse?
Most professional gaming players use a claw grip mouse because it helps in aiming for faster flicking movements. It offers a balance between speed and accuracy.
5. Does a claw grip mouse cause pain?
Yes, it may cause pain to some extent because you need to rely on wrist control. This may result in tight muscles and weak wrist.
6. Is a claw grip mouse better than other mouses for gaming?
Yes, a claw grip mouse is better for gaming when you need to respond faster to different actions and aim precisely.
The best claw grip mouse can help improve your gaming experience, thanks to its design that helps promote better wrist movement and control. If you generally spend many hours gaming, it is important to pick a mouse that has an ergonomic design. Also, ensuring that the mouse’s DPI is favorable and has a high accuracy while gaming can help you pick the best one. Gaming mouses that have more polling rates can also be an ideal choice. Lastly, you could pick a mouse with vibrant colors to improve the aesthetic appeal of your gaming setup.
Infographic: Advantages Of Using A Claw Grip Mouse
The claw grip mouse is designed to optimize precision and agility. Its ergonomic shape and raised arch support promote a comfortable and efficient grip for gamers and professionals alike. To better understand how a claw grip mouse can enhance your gaming performance, refer to the following infographic, which lists the benefits of using this specialized mouse.
- Mouse adapter for hand tremor sufferers