Owning a great pair of climbing gloves is essential if you love outdoor activities. They are built to protect the hands from blisters, bruises, and calluses that may develop from rock climbing, mountaineering, bouldering, or rappelling. The gloves should, therefore, be strong, comfortable, durable, and offer optimum security.
Read on for a list of the best climbing gloves you can purchase online and make your outdoor adventures enjoyable and safe.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Climbing Gloves
If you want to buy gloves with a rugged look, these Free too tactical gloves could be your pick. They are built with reinforced thermal plastic rubber to give you a proper grip and dexterity. The double-layer stitching and knuckle padding keep your fingers comfortable when bent. They adopt the high elastic mesh fabric on the finer parts fit the fingertips perfectly. You will find them in medium, large, extra-large, and double extra-large sizes. Also, they are available in shades of black, green, and desert.
- Fit snugly and adjustable on the wrist
- Excellent grip prevents slipping
- Offer protection against cuts, scrapes, burns, and injuries
- Made from odor-free and breathable material
- Adjustable wrist Velcro strap for easy to get on/off the gloves
- Intended for gravy workouts and intense outdoor activities
- Work well for men, women, and children
- Comes with a 180-day refund warranty
- Mixed reviews on knuckles
- Not ideal for motorcycle or mountain biking
These are all-purpose gloves suitable for pull-ups, weightlifting, fitness, exercise, general workouts, and gym training. The silica gel palm offers the best grip and protects the hands from calluses and bruises. The gloves are made of high-quality and ultralight microfiber material, with a non-slip feature that helps you hold the dumbbells securely. They come with a 30-day return policy and a 12-month warranty.
- Adjustable strap allows a comfortable fit for all
- Provides breathability and comfort
- Breathable mesh fabric on the back keeps the hands dry
- Pull buckle on the fingertip for easy removal
- Easy to wash
- Some may find them too cumbersome to wear and remove
- Seams may irritate the skin between the thumb and the forefinger
The Black Diamond climbing gloves are made from synthetic leather, which is durable and strong. They protect the hands from bruises and blisters while rock climbing or working out. You can use them for any outdoor activity, including hunting, mountain biking, and shooting. They can also be worn during workouts, pull-ups, and push-ups. You can find them in sizes from extra small to extra-large, and in two colors.
- Made from lightweight and breathable fabric
- Double reinforcement on the index finger and thumb crotch
- Hook-and-loop closure cuff allows the gloves to stay in place
- Protects the hands without compromising dexterity
- Fit is true to the sizing guide
- Not suitable for winter or cold seasons
- Palm material is smooth and may not be grippy
- May not hold well in rough terrain
These half-finger unisex gloves are suitable for kids with a palm-size between five and seven centimeters. They are ideal for sports like skateboarding, biking, and roller-skating. The gloves are ergonomically designed to contour the natural curves of the fingers. Made from a blend of spandex and microfiber, they are flexible and comfortable on your fingers.
- Breathable material allows moisture to escape
- Shock absorbing and stretchable material
- Adjustable wrist strap for a comfortable fit
- Thick palm pad acts as a shock absorber and reduces the hand’s numbness
- Quick to dry material
- Available in only one size
- Gloves are not padded
These Petzl leather gloves are a perfect fit and offer the right level of grip and dexterity. They are available in different sizes from extra-small to extra-large. Built with high-quality leather material, they offer a balance between durability and flexibility. They keep your hands protected while belaying or rappelling. You will get them in two shades of black and tan.
- Double-layered leather protects the palm, fingertips, and the area between thumb and index finger
- Great at protecting your hands from bruises
- Allows you to move your hands freely
- Neoprene cuff with Velcro closure
- Abrasion-resistant and breathable nylon back
- Reinforced carabiner holes
- A bit heavy
- Could be slippery
These full-finger tactical gloves are great for outdoor activities such as cycling, motorcycling, riding, climbing, hiking, camping, and ATV bike riding. They are also suitable for heavy industry and lumbering works. Made of artificial microfiber leather, thermal rubber, and nylon material, they are resistant to wear and tear. You will get them in small, medium, large, and extra-large sizes and in black, green, and brown shades.
- Touch-friendly for easy access to touchscreens
- Breathable and durable gloves
- Lightweight and fast-drying
- Dual-layer palm reinforcement protects the hands from abrasion and impact
- Adjustable wrist design provides snug and support
- Thick rubber offers impact resistance
- Some may have trouble keeping the Velcro secure
- Mixed reviews on knuckle durability
Intra-Fit rope gloves can be used for outdoor activities such as rescue, rappelling, rock climbing, tree climbing, and adventure. They are built with premium grain goatskin, neoprene, and spandex materials. They are available in XS, S, M, L XL, and XXL sizes and two different models.
- Increased durability and dexterity
- Soft and comfortable
- Stretchable and breathable spandex
- Anatomically curved finger and soft cuff with Velcro design
- Built-in carabiner hole on the cuff to attach to your harness
- Not enough padding in the palms
The Ocun climbing gloves are made of unique microfiber stretch suede and rubberized adhesive that gives maximum friction. There is a small amount of padding in the knuckle region for increased comfort. The anatomically shaped gloves come in several size options from extra-small to extra-large. They are lightweight, weighing around 57g per pair.
- Protects hands from abrasion and impact
- Velcro closure strap to wear and remove easily
- Highly sensitive adhesive rubber for maximum friction
- Microfiber suede stretches to conform to your hands
- Gloves shape is engineered for maximum comfort
- Wrist closure may be finicky
Boyiexin kids’ gloves are made of elasticized Lycra fabric and microfiber with silicone dot that provides a great grip. The close-fitting design lets your children enjoy all the outdoor activities, including climbing, monkey bar, bicycle riding, fishing, skateboarding, roller skates, scooters, balance boards, and gymnastics. You will get them in XS, S, M, and L sizes and blue, graffiti, and white shades.
- Skin-friendly and breathable fabric
- Minimal padding on the palm for easier grip
- Silicone pattern enhances dexterity and anti-slip property
- Protects your hands from getting calluses and blisters
- Reduces restraint and keeps your hands in a natural, relaxed position
- Grip may not be as strong as expected
These gloves are designed for crack climbing and have an open palm construction for better dexterity. They are thinner and feel like traditional handmade tape gloves. Made of 80% polyester main body, 55% polyurethane, and 45% nylon overlay, they are comfortable and allow freedom of movement. These are available in extra-small to extra-large sizes.
- Provides the closest fit possible
- Reinforced hook-and-loop wrist closure for a snug and comfortable fit
- Protects the back and knuckles from abrasion and impact
- Ultra-lightweight and ultra-tactile
- Anti-slip back offers a good grip on slippery rocks and crevices
- Provides minimal padding for the hands
11. GL Sport Gloves
The GL sport gloves are 100% high-quality workout gloves suitable for both men and women. They can be used as riding, driving, or casual gloves. You can use them for professional cycling, casual biking, MTB, and many other outdoor and leisure activities. They come in M, L, and XL sizes, and in black and gray shades.
- Made of wool, fleece, and silicone microfibers that improve grip on the palm
- Breathable and versatile
- Flexible and allows easy movement of your fingers
- Anti-slip design for a firm and steady hold
- Touch-friendly option to use touchscreen devices
- Lightweight and portable
- Lack Velcro closure
How To Choose The Right Climbing Gloves?
The following are some of the factors to consider while selecting a pair of the best climbing gloves that last through seasons.
- Material: They are made of either leather, synthetic material, or both. Each one has its advantages and disadvantages. Leather climbing gloves are soft, supple, and offer excellent dexterity and fit. Synthetic ones are breathable and stretchy but do not conform to your hands like leather.
- Waterproof: Consider buying waterproof gloves that can help in all conditions and seasons. Also, they should be durable and can withstand wet or frozen conditions.
- Dexterity: Whichever glove you choose, it needs to offer enough dexterity. It should help you perform delicate tasks such as belaying, tying knots, or clipping quickdraws.
- Size and fit: Buy the gloves that fit your hands well. Not all gloves are made in the same shapes and dimensions, so choose the right fit with the sizing guide’s help.
- Full finger or fingerless: Full finger gloves offer complete hand protection while half or 3/4th gloves provide more dexterity. Choose them according to your needs and comfort.
Climbing gloves ensure the safety of hands, and the motive for using them varies from person to person. We hope this list of best gloves for climbing with their features can make your purchase easy.